inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Important Member Of Fleetwood Mac

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/04 at 12:50 pm

Yeah, yeah....Stevie has had the most solo success AND has written some great stuff for the band....in fact, I would choose her if it weren't for Lindsey. He has incredible talent as a writer/singer AND he can play a great guitar as well as being a creative producer. It's for these reasons that I chose Buckingham ;)

Subject: Re: Most Important Member Of Fleetwood Mac

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/01/04 at 1:18 pm

I chose Mick Fleetwood because afterall he did start the band and has been with them through thick and thin.  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/04 at 1:29 pm

You forgot to include as options Christine MacVie or Peter Green.  Or is the poll for CURRENT members?

In the early days the band was known as "Peter green's Fleetwood Mac".  However, Peter Green "pulled a Syd Barrett" and descended into drug-induced mental illness by 1970.

Green's best-known composition is "Black Magic Woman", made famous by Carlos Santana's version.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/peter.htm

He was indicted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 along with the rest of Fleetwood Mac.  On that night he jammed on-stage with Carlos Santana, doing "Black Magic Woman".  It was awesome.

Written By: Hairspray on 06/01/04 at 3:23 pm

Lindsey Buckingham

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/04 at 3:39 pm

You forgot to include as options Christine MacVie or Peter Green.  Or is the poll for CURRENT members?

In the early days the band was known as "Peter green's Fleetwood Mac".  However, Peter Green "pulled a Syd Barrett" and descended into drug-induced mental illness by 1970.

Green's best-known composition is "Black Magic Woman", made famous by Carlos Santana's version.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/peter.htm

He was indicted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 along with the rest of Fleetwood Mac.  On that night he jammed on-stage with Carlos Santana, doing "Black Magic Woman".  It was awesome.
Current members...thanks for the link, zcrito ;)

Written By: SmithsGirl on 06/07/04 at 8:53 am

Stevie of course!

SmithsGirl

Written By: MLB on 06/08/04 at 4:03 pm

Isn't that a loaded question?  They all would say they are the "brains" of the outfit, but I think ultiimately the one who does drums keeps them together, because they don't have too many songs that are without drum accompaniment. Sorry But I can never remember if it is Fleetwood or McVie on drums. I know it ISN'T Lindsay tho'. Blame it on my middle age when the band is older than me. ::)

Written By: Koop on 06/08/04 at 4:18 pm

Mick started it, but I preferred Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey Buckingham (and Stevie) joined. 

Written By: Lanie on 06/09/04 at 2:25 am

Stevie Nicks

Written By: mandamoo on 06/09/04 at 6:59 am

Mick Fleetwood

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/09/04 at 7:33 am

Definitley Mick Fleetwood.  If you have ever seen VH1's Behind The Music - Fleetwood Mac, you would agree.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/09/04 at 8:27 am

Stevie Nicks

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/09/04 at 2:24 pm

Isn't that a loaded question?  They all would say they are the "brains" of the outfit, but I think ultiimately the one who does drums keeps them together, because they don't have too many songs that are without drum accompaniment. Sorry But I can never remember if it is Fleetwood or McVie on drums. I know it ISN'T Lindsay tho'. Blame it on my middle age when the band is older than me. ::)
Not exactly. For all Stevie has written for the group....and yes for all that Mick has been, founder, drummer...I seen enough documentarys' where all the members give credit to Lindsey for all the writing, producing, singing  and playing lead Guitar. IMHO, he is the total package when it comes to musicians ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...