inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Else is Getting Tired of Hearing People Trying to be Like Dave Chapelle?

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/02/04 at 10:46 pm

If I got a dollar for every time someone said "WHAAAAT?  YEEEAAHH!  OOOOO-KAAAY!" or "I'm Rick James, bitch!" I would probably have at least five hundred dollars.  Nobody even sounds like him, yet they still think they're funny when they say "I'm Rick James, bitch!".  No.  You're not funny.  Stop.

Subject: Re: Who Else is Getting Tired of Hearing People Trying to be Like Dave Chapelle?

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/03/04 at 10:09 am

WHAAT?

Subject: Re: Who Else is Getting Tired of Hearing People Trying to be Like Dave Chapelle?

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:23 am

I don't know any other comedian that sounds like Dave Chappelle but I think he's great. The first time I heard him on audio, he sounded like he was in his mid to late 50s but I saw a pic of him on a website and he's pretty young.

I love it when he does he 1940s gangster voice: 'You caps have nathin' on me, she she?' Lol.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/03/04 at 11:29 am

I don't know any other comedian that sounds like Dave Chappelle but I think he's great. The first time I heard him on audio, he sounded like he was in his mid to late 50s but I saw a pic of him on a website and he's pretty young.

I love it when he does he 1940s gangster voice: 'You caps have nathin' on me, she she?' Lol.

Oh, I wasn't necessarily talking about comedians--more like people you see every day.  People at my school always do it, anyway.

He is hilarious. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:51 am

Oh, I wasn't necessarily talking about comedians--more like people you see every day.  People at my school always do it, anyway.

He is hilarious. ;D

Oh right. I'm afraid Dave Chappelle hasn't become a phenomenon over this side of the pond yet, Lebeiw15. I kind of discovered him by accident. I'm sure we will get the imitators once he becomes mainstream.  ::)

He is great.  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/03/04 at 12:42 pm

Hey L-15...what did five fingers say to the face?

SLAP!

;D

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/03/04 at 2:18 pm

Hey L-15...what did five fingers say to the face?

SLAP!

;D

::) :P  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/03/04 at 4:05 pm

I'm guilty of saying the Rick James line a few times... I didn't care much for his show at first, but the black, blind, KKK speaker was a riot... and the race auctions kind of cinched it for me.  Reminds me of some of the stuff Richard Pryor used to do.  I'm sure Cosby hates it, according to Chris Rock, he commented negatively about similar routines by Chris Rock and Pyror. (Chris Rock has a great bit in his routine about it, priceless really).

the other line I hear a lot from that show: "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a ho?"  too funny...

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/03/04 at 9:04 pm

Dave Chapelle playd my college last year..before he had the show.,..he was discussing his upcoming show and how he thinks its gonna be cancelled....ironic isnt it?

anyway, the Rick James bit is played out, as is Lil' John....but I still laugh at "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a ho?" and "Wayne Brady makes Brian Gummble look like Malcolm X".....the problem with thr first season was that he started to repeat himself as the season went on..it was the same jokes..but in the second, it was all good (I still love the black KKK mmber though)

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/04/04 at 1:41 am

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle
"You're not Dave Chappelle and you're not funny."

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/04/04 at 10:58 am

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle
"You're not Dave Chappelle and you're not funny."

That's kind of where I got the idea for starting this thread.  Plus, Maddox is a genius.  Plus, he offends people and makes them mad.

Written By: Bobby on 06/04/04 at 1:47 pm

That is one funny website.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...