inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Procrastinates?

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/02/04 at 10:51 pm

I think we all procrastinate when there's something we have to do but don't want to.  Since I'm in high school, usually this applies to me as mainly studying and getting homework/lame projects done.  Is there anyone who actually doesn't procrastinate?  Do you like to just get things done right away?  When you put something off, do you usually do it the week before?  The night before?  That day?

Subject: Re: Who Procrastinates?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 11:02 pm

I think we all procrastinate when there's something we have to do but don't want to.  Since I'm in high school, usually this applies to me as mainly studying and getting homework/lame projects done.  Is there anyone who actually doesn't procrastinate?  Do you like to just get things done right away?  When you put something off, do you usually do it the week before?  The night before?  That day?
I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 06/03/04 at 12:12 am

I'll let you know tomorrow ;)
LOL  I'm really really awful about procrastinating I hate that about me :-\\

Written By: AssKicker on 06/03/04 at 12:43 am

I'm supposed to have been working on a computer game, but so far I've worked out the entire plot etc. but in terms of practical work, I've done two frames of the intro movie.

Written By: CosmicPrincess on 06/03/04 at 1:18 am

My middle name...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/03/04 at 2:11 am

I really don't procrastinate that much.  Can't say the same for other members of my family.  ::)

Written By: Junior on 06/03/04 at 9:09 am

I procrastinate way too much. I'm actually supposed to be selling ads for my journalism class in order to raise money for the newspaper, but I keep putting off going out. By the time I get around to doing it, there will be no places left to go!

Plus, I have to sell even more ads during the school year! :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/03/04 at 10:43 am

My middle name...

Yours too? How about that. I was once going to take a course in procrastination but I put it off.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 06/03/04 at 11:01 am

I know I do. It's gonna be a pain in the neck when I start school again because I'll start wanting to put off the assignments. :P

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:16 am

Me too I'm afraid. It takes ages to work myself into a state of action. I mean it takes me ages to write a whole s . . .

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/03/04 at 12:21 pm

I procrastinate alot.  I didn't when I was younger, but as I've gotten older I find myself doing it alot.  The only things I don't put off are things I really hate to do because I'd rather get them over with  ;)  I seem to be letting other stuff slide.  It drives my husband NUTS because he never procrastinates  ;D

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/03/04 at 4:00 pm

I once gave a presentation on the benefits of procrastination, and you bet it was slapped together at the last minute.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/04 at 6:36 pm

I procrastinate a lot.Thing is I put it of till I'm ready to do it then I forget about it. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/03/04 at 9:11 pm

Ill answer this later

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/05/04 at 8:26 am

I think I might...

I know a lot of my procrastination is form my childhood environment, I used to watch my brother particularly, one of the great "Act first, think later" people of our time, get into constant trouble.

As a result, I tend to overthink every action  ::)  But I still prefer that than the bull at a gate approach  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 9:18 am

I know I do. It's gonna be a pain in the neck when I start school again because I'll start wanting to put off the assignments. :P
Now you won't have to worry about school for at least nearly 8 months, eh Jess ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/04 at 10:59 am

I procrastinate a lot.I never know when I'm gonna start the thing I have to do. :-\\

Howard

Written By: mandamoo on 06/05/04 at 8:25 pm

In life - yeah, guilty of mulling over things from time to time. I'm actually more of a worrier. ::)

In my working life......in fact all of my working life - if I did, I wouldn't have a job anymore, ironically. :(

Written By: SmithsGirl on 06/07/04 at 8:18 am

I'm pretty sure I may be the biggest procrastinator to ever walk the earth.

SmithsGirl

Written By: nally on 06/07/04 at 4:26 pm

Even though I'm embarrassed to admit it, I have a big tendency to procrastinate. I keep telling myself to get things done as soon as possible (like school assignments), but something keeps getting in the way, important or unimportant. It's a really bad habit that I've been trying for years to get rid of. :-[

Written By: Fred on 06/08/04 at 12:16 am

My major school project is due next monday. I've had a month to do it so far, and I've barely done anything.  :-\\
I remember a few years ago, my teacher gave us 3 months to do this ginormous project, and I told myself that I wouldn't procrastinate, so I went home the day she explained it and started. Then the day before it was due I started to work on it again. I'd scrapped the page I'd wrote 3 months earlier and and typed up a major report.  ;)

I also cram for tests. And when I study I'm listening to music and completely not concentrating on my studying.  :(

Written By: nally on 06/08/04 at 4:09 pm

I also cram for tests. And when I study I'm listening to music and completely not concentrating on my studying.  :(

I do too; I feel guilty about it though. :-[

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/08/04 at 5:55 pm

Procrastinate?  Me?  Saw this thread a few days ago, but waited to respond till now.  I never procrastinte.  ;)  ;D  ???

Written By: oddxsocks on 06/08/04 at 6:07 pm

of course...i'm the girl who in THIRD GRADE stayed up until midnight finishing a project on koalas.

this year, i finished a research project at 5:00 the MORNING IT WAS DUE.

of course, this will all suck and catch up with me this summer when i have to do all my extra AP chemistry & AP english summerwork, but am i concerned yet?  of course not...

and people wonder why my blood pressure is insanely low... ;)

Written By: Fred on 06/08/04 at 6:31 pm

of course, this will all suck and catch up with me this summer when i have to do all my extra AP chemistry & AP english summerwork, but am i concerned yet?  of course not...

Wow, you get homework in the summer? I guess I have it relatively easy up here.  ;D

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/08/04 at 7:31 pm

I do, sometimes I think I work better under stress.

Written By: NbC on 06/09/04 at 12:39 am

For me everything has to wait until the very last moment when I do not have a choice but get it done.  Even then I would still try to find an excuse. 

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/02/04 at 5:29 pm

Uh?

Yeah?

Written By: Howard on 12/02/04 at 7:45 pm

I procrastinate till the last minute to do things. :(

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/11/04 at 1:54 am

I procrastinate till the last minute to do things. :(

Howard

Unfortunately I do too. Like when I had final exams earlier this week, I waited too long to study for one of them.

One thing I shouldn't procrastinate doing: holiday shopping! I got some of it done today, but the rest will have to wait a couple more days.

Written By: karen on 12/14/04 at 8:47 am

Well given this thread was first posted in June and I've only just responded I guess you could say I do  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/14/04 at 4:47 pm

Put it this way.. I failed 4 of my 10 exams for a reason..

Written By: Mona on 12/23/04 at 11:33 am

I never procrastinate.  Git R Done!!!

I was going to post this yesterday, but just kept putting it off.
;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/23/04 at 4:46 pm

I think that most guys procrastinate until they get a girlfriend.  Then they cut way back on it.

;)

Written By: nally on 01/02/05 at 8:34 pm

I think that most guys procrastinate until they get a girlfriend.  Then they cut way back on it.

;)

I can relate. I'm almost 24 and a half, and have never had a steady girlfriend. :-[ :-\\

Written By: Mergal on 01/05/05 at 9:28 pm

*sheepishly raise my hand*

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 4:02 pm

I can relate. I'm almost 24 and a half, and have never had a steady girlfriend. :-[ :-\\

then why do you procrastinate? ???

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/07/05 at 8:42 am

Word Play Howard  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/15/05 at 1:06 pm

then why do you procrastinate? ???

now what makes you think I'd be procrastinating? ???

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 12:55 am

I still seem to have a very bad habit of procrastinating. >:( I have a 3-page essay due for literature tomorrow, but again, I waited too long to work on it. So I have spent the last several hours trying to get it done. It's half done, but hopefully I wont be the only person who won't have it all done nine hours from now.

Written By: Tam on 11/29/05 at 12:57 am

Me Me Me!!! :)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/29/05 at 10:12 am

I've been doing a lot of that lately. I need to get myself back in gear.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/05 at 10:16 am

Moi!  :-[  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 12:03 pm

I do, from time to time.. but I know a LOT of people worse then me.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/29/05 at 12:08 pm

I procrastinate part of the time.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 4:59 pm

I procrastinate some of the time.

Check for new replies or respond here...