inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jillian Barberie quits "Good Day Live"

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/04 at 3:01 pm

Jillian Barberie just announced that today was her last appearance on the nationally-syndicated Good Day Live TV Show.

No explanations given.  >:(

Bummer.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Jillian Barberie quits "Good Day Live"

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/04/04 at 3:28 pm

Yay!  She's lame! I heard they're replacing her with a chimpanzee named "Rico"! :D

Written By: woops on 06/04/04 at 4:37 pm

Yay!  She's lame! I heard they're replacing her with a chimpanzee named "Rico"! :D

Ditto!!!  :D

BTW, she still hosts that "Blind Date" like dating show.  :)
Though I don't know the title.

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/04/04 at 4:55 pm

Ditto!!!  :D

BTW, she still hosts that "Blind Date" like dating show.   :)
Though I don't know the title.

Is that Extreme Dating? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/04 at 6:49 pm

Of course she's lame.  But where am I going to tune in now for my daily dose of trampiness ?

???

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/04/04 at 6:59 pm

The good news is that Jillian is gone. :) The bad news is that they'll probably replace her with Leeza Gibbons. :(

Written By: resinchaser on 06/04/04 at 7:16 pm

Is she still going to do the weather on FOX NFL sunday? There is nothing more revolting than having to watch her and Terrry Bradshaw flirt back and forth :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/04 at 8:22 pm

I'm going to miss her :-\\

Written By: Hairspray on 06/04/04 at 8:28 pm

In ghetto speak:

She a ho! ;D

She's just cheap, man. That show will gain points in class alone in the event of her departure. LOL!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/04/04 at 10:23 pm

Is she still going to do the weather on FOX NFL sunday? There is nothing more revolting than having to watch her and Terrry Bradshaw flirt back and forth :P

I know what you mean - it's so foul to watch those two.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/04 at 8:24 am

Thank god. I thought her reign of terror on morning tv would never end. It was a full frontal attack to senses and anything resembling human thought processes. Now she can get back to the casting couch where she can put her two best skillz to work ;) ;)

Well, The Good News for Los Angeles residents is that Jillian will still be doing the "Good Day L.A." show.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/04 at 8:28 am

In ghetto speak:

She a ho! ;D

She's just cheap, man. That show will gain points in class alone in the event of her departure. LOL!

What do you mean?  Jillian oozes class.  ;)

Just the other day on GDL she was talking about when she was married to a baseball player.  "He should be in the Hall of Fame.  Every time we went to bed he made it at least to third base." said Jillian.

???

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/05/04 at 8:42 am

I always thought it was funny to watch her & that homely redhead on GDL bicker back & forth.  :P  And did you ever notice how the camera man always hones in on her butt during the show? 

Written By: SmithsGirl on 06/07/04 at 8:26 am

She's a joke. If she fell off the face of the earth I would not miss her one bit.

SmithsGirl

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/07/04 at 9:57 am

Well, The Good News for Los Angeles residents is that Jillian will still be doing the "Good Day L.A." show.  ;)

Not for this LA person.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if Jillian was the only tart on the (dare I call it) "news" in the morning, but her successfull trampy 'tude and attire has spread all through the LA morning news stations. So theres a Barberie clone (clown) on every station here in LA, la, land.

It's bizzare, I wake up to news reports of murders, traffic & weather by these tramped up "girls" who I'd be wary of if I was at a bar or club, much less want to get my news from...but the men still have to dress in suits? ::)  Am I supposed to take what they report seriously?

LA is phony, superficial and plastic enough as it is, I don't need more of it from the so-called news broadcasts.
I know the poor state of TV media is not entirely Barberie's fault, but shes sure not helping...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/04 at 10:41 am

Not for this LA person.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if Jillian was the only tart on the (dare I call it) "news" in the morning, but her successfull trampy 'tude and attire has spread all through the LA morning news stations. So theres a Barberie clone (clown) on every station here in LA, la, land.

It's bizzare, I wake up to news reports of murders, traffic & weather by these tramped up "girls" who I'd be wary of if I was at a bar or club, much less want to get my news from...but the men still have to dress in suits? ::)  Am I supposed to take what they report seriously?

LA is phony, superficial and plastic enough as it is, I don't need more of it from the so-called news broadcasts.
I know the poor state of TV media is not entirely Barberie's fault, but shes sure not helping...

They ought to have the male newscasters dressed up like pimps, wearing the baggy pants that show off your boxer shorts, showing lots of chest hair, and POUNDS of gold "bling".  Oh yeah, and a 'kerchief on their head.

If the ladies are to be depicted in a "stylin manner" then the men should get equal treatment!

;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/07/04 at 10:48 am

They ought to have the male newscasters dressed up like pimps, wearing the baggy pants that show off your boxer shorts, showing lots of chest hair, and POUNDS of gold "bling".  Oh yeah, and a 'kerchief on their head.

If the ladies are to be depicted in a "stylin manner" then the men should get equal treatment!

;D

Hey, I'm all for that! 
Equality for the sexes, right? ;)

How bout a traffic chopper with candy gold paint, gold Daytons rims and hydraulics? :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/04 at 10:55 am

Hey, I'm all for that! 
Equality for the sexes, right? ;)

How bout a traffic chopper with candy gold paint, gold Daytons rims and hydraulics? :D

Hmm... a "low rider" Helicopter?  Let's call Jesse James.  I think you have a great idea for the next "Monster Garage" episode.

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/04 at 10:43 am

This week the show has gone one as if Jillian did not exist.

Talk about the "bum's rush"...

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 5:38 pm

Who did they get as a Replacement, I loved her!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/04 at 6:59 pm

Who did they get as a Replacement, I loved her!

No permanent replacement yet.  They had a guest person, her first name is Constance.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 3:01 pm

Soleil Moon Frye (of Punky Brewster fame) is sitting in Jillian's seat this week.

I don't think it is a permanent move though.  ???

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/14/04 at 3:14 pm

Constance Zimmer of the awful Goodnight Miami was co-host last week and Soleil Moon Frye is hosting this week. Doris Roberts and Bonnie Hunt also co-host on occasion.
Soleil Moon Frye (of Punky Brewster fame) is sitting in Jillian's seat this week.

I don't think it is a permanent move though.   ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 3:39 pm

If they want to match Jillian Barberie's cleavage power, they're gonna have to line up Pamela Anderson or Anna Nicole Smith to co-host.  :P

Written By: Hairspray on 06/15/04 at 12:32 pm

If they want to match Jillian Barberie's cleavage power, they're gonna have to line up Pamela Anderson or Anna Nicole Smith to co-host.  :P

You're giving Barberie way too much credit. She's nowhere in the vicinity of the two aforementioned gals, size-wise.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/04 at 3:06 pm

You're giving Barberie way too much credit. She's nowhere in the vicinity of the two aforementioned gals, size-wise.

True, but she does as much as they do to show off what she's got with gusto equal to Pam and Anna.

And hers are 100% "real" too.  :)

Written By: Hairspray on 06/15/04 at 3:43 pm

And hers are 100% "real" too.  :)

That you know of. ;) Not everyone wants to bust-out. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...