inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: J-Low Marries Marc Anthony

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/04 at 8:13 am

Well, just three days after Marc Anthony got his marriage dissolved in a quickie divorce, it appears that he and J-Low have tied the eternal knot of matrimony.  J-Low has been wearing his engagement ring for the past few weeks.  How Romantic!  ;)

That girl has been around the block more than the ice-cream truck.

Is it just me, or does it seem plausible that Marc Anthony also brought a Haz-Mat Team with him on his wedding night with J-Low ? ???

;D

Subject: Re: J-Low Marries Marc Anthony

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/06/04 at 9:53 am

I'm waiting to find out that this was just a misreported rumor.

Man, I don't care about much celebrity gossip and this one blew me away.  Celebrities are stupid.

Written By: Paul on 06/06/04 at 11:06 am

Well, I must say the old feller's doing well...

...I last heard of him knocking about with some woman called 'Cleopatra'...(!!)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/06/04 at 1:32 pm

Well, just three days after Marc Anthony got his marriage dissolved in a quickie divorce, it appears that he and J-Low have tied the eternal knot of matrimony. 

Question is: Will this marraige outlast Britneys ::)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/06/04 at 1:34 pm

Like I said on another board:  She's such a dumba$$! Not too mention a train wreck waiting to happen. I predict she ends up in a psychiatric hospital (ala Mariah Carey) within the next year.

Written By: AL-B on 06/06/04 at 9:56 pm

He didn't marry Jennifer Lopez, he married her butt.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/07/04 at 12:43 am

He didn't marry Jennifer Lopez, he married her butt.

Well then, her lovesick and shocked fans will have nothing to worry about, there is plenty of her butt to go around. ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/04 at 7:09 am

Well then, her lovesick and shocked fans will have nothing to worry about, there is plenty of her butt to go around. ;)

And it's been around too!  ;D

Written By: SmithsGirl on 06/07/04 at 8:14 am

But in all seriousness... what's wrong with Jennifer Lopez? How is it that she can marry and/or engage so often(so fast), without remorse (it seems) and it not possibly cross her mind that she may have a slight problem? Is she chemically imbalanced, Bi-polar, childhood trauma/issues, mildly retarded, schizophrenic?

SmithsGirl

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/04 at 10:52 am

But in all seriousness... what's wrong with Jennifer Lopez? How is it that she can marry and/or engage so often(so fast), without remorse (it seems) and it not possibly cross her mind that she may have a slight problem? Is she chemically imbalanced, Bi-polar, childhood trauma/issues, mildly retarded, schizophrenic?

SmithsGirl

I think that sociopath would be the appropriate term.  Here are key characteristics of a sociopath:

This disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of a disregard for other people's rights, often crossing the line and violating those rights. This pattern of behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists by the presence of the majority of these symptoms:

Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest

Her behaviour does not meet all of the above specs, but quite a few.  ???

As for the "failure to conform to social norms" it would be hard to sell this idea now that we are in the middle of a social meltdown in which any type of "norm" or "taboo" is derided as discriminatory and hate-mongering.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 06/07/04 at 4:26 pm

Sociopath. That does sound acurate. Good call. Maybe her new husband will get her some therapy. If he doesnt I am sure he will be divorced husband number 3. Not like he is any better. Marc Anthony did not even wait a week after his divorce from his wife of 3 years and mother of his two children before he moved on to his next "wife".

Have people no morals anymore?  ::)

SmithsGirl

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/04 at 7:27 pm

Sociopath. That does sound acurate. Good call. Maybe her new husband will get her some therapy. If he doesnt I am sure he will be divorced husband number 3. Not like he is any better. Marc Anthony did not even wait a week after his divorce from his wife of 3 years and mother of his two children before he moved on to his next "wife".

Have people no morals anymore?  ::)

SmithsGirl

Morals?  Surely you say this in jest.  Don't you know that "morals" is simply a code word that "haters" use to judge other people? ???

Anything goes these days, and Marc&Jenn are at the forefront.  ;)

Written By: EthanM on 06/07/04 at 8:39 pm

shameless plug:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/marcanthony3.shtml

i wrote it a few hours after this thread was started but i just found this thread now... i've got a recording on soundclick.com i'm not exactly a professional musician but i wanted to get it out there somehow

Check for new replies or respond here...