inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OCD-(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) VS. ADD/ADHD, I wish I had ADD !-Please Read

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 9:19 am

I had VERY severe OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) in the past, which afflicts 2 percent of the Population, Anyway, it made my Life a Living NIGHTMARE,
I could be wrong, but
is ADD/ADHD generally speaking "Fun" compared to OCD, it doesn't make one's life a living Nightmare untreated, and it doesn't require lifetime Meds, and children usually grow out of it, it isn't a
Chronic Condition, like OCD,
I just wish God would make my OCD go away.

Subject: Re: OCD-(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) VS. ADD/ADHD, I wish I had ADD !-Please

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 9:22 am

I had VERY severe OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) in the past, which afflicts 2 percent of the Population, Anyway, it made my Life a Living NIGHTMARE,
I could be wrong, but
is ADD/ADHD generally speaking "Fun" compared to OCD, it doesn't make one's life a living Nightmare untreated, and it doesn't require lifetime Meds, and children usually grow out of it, it isn't a

I'd take ADD/ADHD any day over OCD

Subject: Re: OCD-(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) VS. ADD/ADHD, I wish I had ADD !-Please

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 10:17 am

If anyone else here has either OCD or ADHD/ADD and could tell me their story..

I once read about someone on the Internet who had BOTH
Severe OCD and ADHD, and to him, he said they were "EQUALLY as BAD"

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/04 at 10:33 am

If anyone else here has either OCD or ADHD/ADD and could tell me their story..

I once read about someone on the Internet who had BOTH
Severe OCD and ADHD, and to him, he said they were "EQUALLY as BAD"

If someone had Attention Deficit Disorder, how could they pay enough attention to their Obsessive Compulsions to actually carry them out? ???

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 10:36 am

If someone had Attention Deficit Disorder, how could they pay enough attention to their Obsessive Compulsions to actually carry them out? ???

You raised a good point LyricBoy, but OCD is a VERY serious Mental disorder, I just wish it would go away once and for all, PLEASE God, eliminate it,
But I don't know that person that claims he has BOTH Severe OCD, and ADHD

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 10:39 am

If Cameron Diaz, does have OCD, or has it(I heard she does) I wish she would go public with it,
I read that Donald Trump has it, maybe Kathie Lee Gifford, Paula Poundstone, "Tiny Tim" and the late Andy Kaufman,
Rosie O'Donnel joked she maybe has it..

But she shouldn't joke about such a serious Mental Disorder..

Written By: Bobby on 06/09/04 at 5:18 pm

I could be wrong, but

I very much feel for you (having had mental illness myself - chronic depression). It really must be limiting for you in lots of ways. What kind of symptoms do you have?

Written By: Howard on 06/09/04 at 8:25 pm

I was diagnosed with OCD myself since February of 1993.I sometimes pluck my eyebrows or repeat myself constantly.I'm in the same boat as you. :)

Howard

Written By: AssKicker on 06/10/04 at 1:33 am

I have Asperger's and have a few elements of OCD as a result. I sometimes rub my hands together in strange ways and I HAVE to do my morning routines in the right order and at the right times. If I get up any later than 6AM, I get very depressed and tetchy.
But ADHD is a terrible thing- I know a kid who has it and he is a total f***er. All he ever does is try to make other kids' lives a misery. You really don't want to end up like that. Although that's partly to do with his upbringing and complete lack of morality.

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 3:35 am

I have Asperger's and have a few elements of OCD as a result. I sometimes rub my hands together in strange ways and I HAVE to do my morning routines in the right order and at the right times. If I get up any later than 6AM, I get very depressed and tetchy.
But ADHD is a terrible thing- I know a kid who has it and he is a total f***er. All he ever does is try to make other kids' lives a misery. You really don't want to end up like that. Although that's partly to do with his upbringing and complete lack of morality.

@sskicker I saw a programme on Asperger's Syndrome some months back and it showed that people were not socially aware and couldn't think in other people's shoes so to speak. Does that partly affect you or, like eveything, there is different degrees of Aspergers?

For people who would like to know more about Aspergers Syndrome, here's a link:

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/10/04 at 7:18 am

My friends daughter was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome at the age of 6.  It was a blessing, because many doctors were convinced she had ADHD, which would have led to her having been on the wrong type of meds for her condition. 

She has some behavioral issues & she has trouble learning, but I think she's gonna be just fine later in life.  The doctor kept stressing to my friend how lucky she was to have caught it early on in life, because they say the longer you have it, the worse it gets.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/04 at 8:05 am

My friends daughter was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome at the age of 6.  It was a blessing, because many doctors were convinced she had ADHD, which would have led to her having been on the wrong type of meds for her condition. 

She has some behavioral issues & she has trouble learning, but I think she's gonna be just fine later in life.  The doctor kept stressing to my friend how lucky she was to have caught it early on in life, because they say the longer you have it, the worse it gets.

I have a buddy whose son has Asperger's.  In his case, he is extremely smart, especially with math.  But he is withdrawn and does not talk alot or socialize much.  But many times when he talks, he'll say something completely inappropriate for the occasion.  Apparently he does not "edit out" things that are better not said.  :-\\

The father does a pretty good job managing this and helping  his kid to develop, especially considering that the father is Bipolar manic/depressive.  :-\\

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 12:53 pm

Yes, but am I correct in saying that
ADD/ADHD is generally speaking nothing compared to OCD, and children, usually grow out of
ADD/ADHD, and it usually isn't chronic or require lifetime Meds,

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 1:05 pm

And, Howard, with your
OCD would you say, that it made your life, a living Hell, and a Nightmare untreated,
as with my OCD.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 4:29 pm

I would ask that everyone on "Decades Messageboard" pray for me, that my OCD goes away!
Forever, once and for all.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 4:34 pm

I would ask that everyone on "Decades Messageboard" pray for me, that my OCD goes away!
Forever, once and for all.

Just to clarify, when I say "I wish I had ADD/ADHD" I mean that just as an expression, I don't really wish I had ADD/ADHD, but my understanding is that
ADD/ADHD is generally NOTHING, and "Fun" compared to OCD hell untreated, plus many people with OCD, like me, have severe Suicidal but too scared, episodes of Depression and Hopelessness secondary to OCD, with EXTREMELY High Anxiety Levels.
I truly am an Emotional "Holocaust" survivor, their are times when the Unspeakable pain comes back, and I am like Suicidal but too scared.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 5:17 pm

I'd like to point out that even with Medication for OCD, my
Recovery was a VERY LONG and difficult process.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 5:34 pm

I would like to thank everyone for reading about how
I had very severe OCD in the past.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 6:51 pm

And I could be wrong but
is
ADD/ADHD considered a "Mental illness" in the same sense that
OCD is?

Part of my OCD, is LITERALLY "Obsessing" about having OCD and how it
Ruined my Life, and all my hopes and Dreams.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 6:52 pm

If their are other people on this Message Board, that have
Either And/or  OCD/ADD-ADHD and would like to share their stories of Recovery, etc.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/04 at 6:54 pm

And I could be wrong but
is
OCD is?

Splinter...

You still have your life and can still work towards hopes and dreams , I hope.

Its gotta be rough with the OCD.  I hope that you have a good "support system".

LB

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 7:41 pm

And I could be wrong but
is
OCD is?

http://www.ocfoundation.org/ocf1010a.htm

This seems a bit paradoxical to me. Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the proverbial stick, forgive me further if I am sounding too harsh on such a delicate subject, but according to the website above, obsession is a symptom and not a result of having OCD. For example, what you have said in your post indicates that if you didn't have OCD to start with, it seems you wouldn't be obsessed about it and therefore your life wouldn't be 'ruined'. Howard and TonyFan, do you obsess over having OCD?

May I ask what your hopes, dreams and ambitions are?

Written By: Howard on 06/10/04 at 7:46 pm

And, Howard, with your
OCD would you say, that it made your life, a living Hell, and a Nightmare untreated,
as with my OCD.

I was just worried about myself that's all. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/10/04 at 7:47 pm

http://www.ocfoundation.org/ocf1010a.htm

This seems a bit paradoxical to me. Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the proverbial stick, forgive me further if I am sounding too harsh on such a delicate subject, but according to the website above, obsession is a symptom and not a result of having OCD. For example, what you have said in your post indicates that if you didn't have OCD to start with, it seems you wouldn't be obsessed about it and therefore your life wouldn't be 'ruined'. Howard and TonyFan, do you obsess over having OCD?

May I ask what your hopes, dreams and ambitions are?

Not Really! I shouldn't obsess over it. I really don't have any hopes and dreams at the moment.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 7:50 pm

Not Really! I shouldn't obsess over it. I really don't have any hopes and dreams at the moment.

That's what I thought. Once you realised you plucked your eyebrows and the like, that was when you were diagnosed with OCD and not before. You both have hopes and dreams, Howard and MasterSplinter. You just haven't realised what they are yet.  :)

I have asked this before, MasterSplinter, what are your obsessive thoughts/behavioural patterns apart from having OCD?

Written By: Howard on 06/10/04 at 7:52 pm

That's what I thought. Once you realised you plucked your eyebrows and the like, that was when you were diagnosed with OCD and not before.

You have hopes and dreams, Howard and MasterSplinter. You just haven't realised what they are yet.  :)

I think Bob cause of my compulsion. :(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 7:57 pm

I think Bob cause of my compulsion. :(

That's right. You had the compulsion to pluck your eyebrows, not the compulsion to worry about OCD. I'm sorry for dragging this out, Howard.  :(

Written By: Howard on 06/10/04 at 8:03 pm

That's right. You had the compulsion to pluck your eyebrows, not the compulsion to worry about OCD. I'm sorry for dragging this out, Howard.  :(

No,that's ok Bob.Thanks for asking. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 8:04 pm

No,that's ok Bob.Thanks for asking. :)

;)

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 11:29 am

;)

I'd just like to say, that I , DESPISE and DETEST, and straitout Loathe, the Mental Health "Profession" in America,
Me, having OCD, being dependant upon Psyhiatric drugs, my WHOLE LIFE, I feel like I have to BOW DOWN and kiss the a-- of the Mental Health "Profession" and practically Worship them so I can get my anti-OCD Medications, the Psychiatrists should NEVER forget they are Nothing more than the BAD GUYS(No one likes to see a Shrink) they are Nothing more than PAROLE OFFICERS, and people view them as the BAD GUYS that they are, and are on their Best Behavior when having to see a Shrink..

I never had ADD or ADHD, but I'd take it any as opposed to OCD..

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 12:17 pm

I remember this one time in 2001, this
Psychiatrist ordered me to a Psych ward overnight, because of my OCD, that SCUMBAG shrink was "Just following orders" That Psychiatrist was NOT my Regular shrink

Anyway, I would love to find out the name of that Psychiatrist, and find out where he lives, and get REVENGE against that Scumbag Shrink,
Seriously, If I had the power, the things I would do to that Psychiatrist would NOT be Pretty,

NO ONE forces me into a Psych Ward overnight.

He should be very Afraid if I find out where he lives, or his Phone number.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 12:20 pm

Seriously I hate that
Psychiatrist with a Passion, with a Passion, and I do INDEED plan on finding out his name, and his Home Phone Number and Address.

The things I would do to him, if I had the power, he would truly REGRET the day, he ordered me into that Psych ward overnight,

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 12:21 pm

Seriously, if I see him again, I plan on Politely calling that
Psychiatrist a , A-hole(Which is what he is)
I wish he was DEAD..

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 12:26 pm

I still remember that day, from  2001, that
Psychiatrist should Realize my DESIRE to teach him a LESSON, about ordering me to a Psych ward overnight, he should be FULLY AWARE, of the Desire I have to Beat the living Hell out of him(I don't care if he was just doing his Job, or "Just following orders" like another infamous group of people in History)

Seriously, I hope he has Nightmares about me coming to Get him, I'd teach him a lesson he would never forget. I'd have both his Arms AND LEGS broken for having me in the Psych ward overnight,
I want  REVENGE against that Shrink, so badly, I want to find out his Name, and his home address and Phone Number.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/11/04 at 12:30 pm

I'd love nothing more than to LITERALLY  Spit in the Face of that Psychiatrist, and have the s--t beaten out of him, he should know that, I haven't forgotten, and I do plan on finding out his name, and his Home Phone number and Where he lives.

Let this be a lesson to the other SCUMBAGS in the Mental Health "Profession" do they think I enjoy having OCD..

Like I said, I could be wrong, but  ADD/ADHD is a  PICNIC  compared to OCD.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/11/04 at 12:40 pm

Hey man chill out.

Do you have someone at home you can talk to?  You seem to have alot of anger bottled up.  It's gonna eat you up if you do not learn how to deal with it.  :-\\

You said in another post that you are now an independant Christian.  I do not think that Independent Christians truly want to be having peoples' legs broken.  ???

Peace, friend.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/11/04 at 6:34 pm

I'm 100% agreeing with Lyricboy. You mentioned that you were ashamed of your atheism - If I were you, I would be more ashamed of your posts.

Regardless, I hope you can resolve this issue with the mental health (which was an irritation Andrew had if I remember correctly). These people are there (whether you believe it or not) for your own benefit. They get paid to make sure they give you the best possible help they can. If you had to go to a psychiatric ward, MasterSplinter, there must have been a good reason for it.

As a footnote, why do you keep comparing OCD with ADHD? They are totally different illnesses with totally different symptoms.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/04 at 7:44 pm

what are your obsessive thoughts/behavioural patterns apart from having OCD?

Well Bob I sometimes doublecheck my room to see if I left things behind,pluck eyebrows out of nervous anxiety,fidget,wash hands a zillion times over,repeat myself.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/11/04 at 8:01 pm

I'd just like to say, that I , DESPISE and DETEST, and straitout Loathe, the Mental Health "Profession" in America,
Me, having OCD, being dependant upon Psyhiatric drugs, my WHOLE LIFE, I feel like I have to BOW DOWN and kiss the a-- of the Mental Health "Profession" and practically Worship them so I can get my anti-OCD Medications, the Psychiatrists should NEVER forget they are Nothing more than the BAD GUYS(No one likes to see a Shrink) they are Nothing more than PAROLE OFFICERS, and people view them as the BAD GUYS that they are, and are on their Best Behavior when having to see a Shrink..

I never had ADD or ADHD, but I'd take it any as opposed to OCD..

I just noticed this post. This isn't rational thought, MasterSplinter. The mental health profession give you these psychiatric drugs to help you out and don't make you kiss anyone's behind to get them. You say you have been dependent on drugs all your life? Well, the psychiatrist has obviously not deprived you of them, has he?

Maybe being on your best behaviour in front of your shrink is not good practice, MasterSplinter. You don't tell him you are feeling fine when you clearly are not. You say how you feel and what you have done. It is only the information you give to him/her that he/she can make a fair analysis and give you the right treatment - what more can I say?

Written By: Bobby on 06/11/04 at 8:07 pm

what are your obsessive thoughts/behavioural patterns apart from having OCD?
Well Bob I sometimes doublecheck my room to see if I left things behind,pluck eyebrows out of nervous anxiety,fidget,wash hands a zillion times over,repeat myself.

I was talking to MasterSplinter, Howard. Despite going on about 'obsessing over OCD', he hasn't told us anything about how it affects him.

Written By: Rush on 06/11/04 at 10:09 pm

I was talking to MasterSplinter, Howard. Despite going on about 'obsessing over OCD', he hasn't told us anything about how it affects him.

It makes him post a lot...  ;D

Written By: AssKicker on 06/12/04 at 12:14 pm

Most great scientists and artists etc. or other people who make great discoveries and/or achievements have OCD and have only completed their projects because they have been obsessed with them. They have then been rewarded with fame, money and praise etc. There's always a good side to everything, even if it seems awful.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/12/04 at 3:16 pm

Most great scientists and artists etc. or other people who make great discoveries and/or achievements have OCD and have only completed their projects because they have been obsessed with them. They have then been rewarded with fame, money and praise etc. There's always a good side to everything, even if it seems awful.

Could you give some EXAMPLES, I would love to find out, their are MANY different forms of OCD, each person's OCD is different, the Obsessions and Compulsions are different, I read Cameron Diaz the lovely actress might have it,
Anyway, I mentioned

ADD/ADHD as opposed to OCD, becaue am I correct in stating that it doesn't make your life a Living HELL , or Nightmare untreated like with OCD,
Can you really consider  ADD/ADHD to be a "Mental illness" in the same sense that ADD/ADHD might be,

People who had Severe OCD in the past untreated have said of OCD "I wouldn't wish OCD on my worst enemy"  "It makes your life a living NIGHTMARE"  and keep in mind, these people many have gotten
MISdiagnosed, as
having Severe Depression(which many OCD sufferers have secondary to OCD) or GAD-Generalized Anxiety Disorder

I wish I had  ADD/ADHD,  I'd take it over OCD any day.

OCD-Literally RUINED all my hopes and DREAMS.. It ruined my life.

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/04 at 3:37 pm

ADD/ADHD as opposed to OCD, becaue am I correct in stating that it doesn't make your life a Living HELL , or Nightmare untreated like with OCD,
Can you really consider  ADD/ADHD to be a "Mental illness" in the same sense that ADD/ADHD might be,

It seems to me that you are going through something I call 'pathological competitiveness'. This was one of the thought processes I had while suffering and it is a symptom of a weak ego.

For example: If you find someone with a mental illness as bad as yours, you defend your own as a means of validating yourself. For example, if someone had depression and someone had schizophrenia, the depressed one would question his own illness, thinking to him/herself 'In comparison, I should have nothing to be depressed about. But because I have depression, I must advertise my condition to make people aware that I am suffering as well'.  I've done it to myself and it is irrational and egotistical.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/04 at 3:41 pm

Could you give some EXAMPLES, I would love to find out, their are MANY different forms of OCD, each person's OCD is different, the Obsessions and Compulsions are different, I read Cameron Diaz the lovely actress might have it,
Anyway, I mentioned

People who had Severe OCD in the past untreated have said of OCD "I wouldn't wish OCD on my worst enemy"  "It makes your life a living NIGHTMARE"  and keep in mind, these people many have gotten
MISdiagnosed, as
having Severe Depression(which many OCD sufferers have secondary to OCD) or GAD-Generalized Anxiety Disorder

I wish I had  ADD/ADHD,  I'd take it over OCD any day.

OCD-Literally RUINED all my hopes and DREAMS.. It ruined my life.

Isn't BULIMIA  a compulsive disorder, where the person feels compelled to eat mass quantities of stuff even though they know they are not hungry?

Not sure if it is "technically" OCD though...

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/12/04 at 5:08 pm

Isn't BULIMIA  a compulsive disorder, where the person feels compelled to eat mass quantities of stuff even though they know they are not hungry?

Not sure if it is "technically" OCD though...

Because of my OCD, I worry about the FUTURE, the future is VERY uncertain for me, I don't know if I could live on my own, I literally might have a Nervous Breakdown or something, my parents take care of me,

I worry, about what MIGHT have happened in the past, but didn't..

I just wish, we ALL could be in PERFECT , Mental and Physical Health, and that we all could have the
Life/LifeStyle that we Want.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/12/04 at 5:10 pm

The TV show "Monk" about the Detective with
OCD, does anyone think, that this Makes fun of people with OCD, a VERY serious Mental illness,

I remember when the Jim Carrey movie "Me,Myself and Irene" came out in 2000 some people were concerned that it made
fun of the Mentally ill

I'd be thrilled, if I could get my Anti-OCD Medications, OVER THE COUNTER,

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/04 at 5:25 pm

The TV show "Monk" about the Detective with
OCD, does anyone think, that this Makes fun of people with OCD, a VERY serious Mental illness,

I remember when the Jim Carrey movie "Me,Myself and Irene" came out in 2000 some people were concerned that it made
fun of the Mentally ill

I'd be thrilled, if I could get my Anti-OCD Medications, OVER THE COUNTER,

Yes, it seems to me that they are "making fun" of Monk's problem.  I also think that they seem to be understating its effects on his life.  Just my guess, of course.

Written By: AssKicker on 06/13/04 at 11:24 am

I have some examples here- they include the great Charles Darwin. It's also thought that Michelangelo and Margaret Thatcher had/have Asperger's, which is very closely linked to OCD.

Famous People Who Have or are Thought to Have OCD:

Donny Osmond
Howard Hughes
Howie Mandel
Abraham Lincoln
Roseanne Barr
Marc Summers
Howard Stern
Billy Bob Thornton
Hans Christian Andersen
Florence Nightingale
Woody Allen
Charles Darwin

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/13/04 at 12:01 pm

I have some examples here- they include the great Charles Darwin. It's also thought that Michelangelo and Margaret Thatcher had/have Asperger's, which is very closely linked to OCD.

Famous People Who Have or are Thought to Have OCD:

Donny Osmond
Howard Hughes
Howie Mandel
Abraham Lincoln
Roseanne Barr
Marc Summers
Howard Stern
Billy Bob Thornton
Hans Christian Andersen
Florence Nightingale
Woody Allen
Charles Darwin

I never new that
the late President Abraham Lincoln had OCD,
I knew that he had severe Depression(perhaps secondary to OCD)

In May 1997 on the NBC show "Dateline"  the Female Newscaster said "It has a name,Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" and they told how Marc Summmers has it.

What about the other Celebrities that you listed? How do they have it.

When do we ever hear about  ADD/ADHD patients saying that their ADD/ADHD causes  EXTREME SUFFERING untreated
like OCD does.  That's why I say, I'd take ADD/ADHD any day, plus how often is ADD/ADHD a chronic condition like
OCD is?

I have to be Dependant upon Psychiatric Drugs for my OCD, my WHOLE LIFE, I have to Bow Down, to the
SCUMBAG Shrinks, who are Nothing more than Parole officers.

If in the Future, I commit  SUICIDE without Physically hurting anyone else, that would be a
GOOD THING, I would be Rebelling, against the Mental Health "Profession" and my SCUMBAG Shrink and Therapist.
It's my Life, my RIGHT,  I'd be a  Freedom Fighter in a sense.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/13/04 at 12:10 pm

To be honest, me having OCD,
I have to go through and INCREDIBLE amount of  S--t, having OCD in the past, because of my Parents, who I blame for my OCD,
I still have to go through and incredible amount of
s--t having OCD,

I live with my Parents, I work full time, but I don't pay them Rent or anything, or give them any money.
Because it's THEIR FAULT I have OCD

I told them "Nothing is what I owe them, and Nothing is What they will get"
I give them absolutely NOTHING.
It is indeed their Fault I have OCD, it's because of them, I told them "If Hell freezes over, I will NEVER forgive them for how they spread OCD to me"
  With me, OCD ruined all my hopes and Dreams, my life, totally RUINED due to the disorder, I could have gone to College if it wasn't for OCD,
Literally I cannot stope "Obsessing" about having OCD or how it Ruined my Life, their are times where I am SUICIDAL but too scared, if I had the Power(and I wish I did) to make myself DEAD, by clapping my hands,
I literally would NOT be typing this passage, I would be DEAD
It's just I never had the Courage to Jump in front of a Train.

And Recovery from OCD was a  VERY LONG, and Difficult Process, it took me MANY YEARS, even when on
Medications for OCD.

Written By: Bobby on 06/13/04 at 12:31 pm

To be honest, me having OCD,
I have to go through and INCREDIBLE amount of  S--t, having OCD in the past, because of my Parents, who I blame for my OCD,
I still have to go through and incredible amount of
s--t having OCD,

I live with my Parents, I work full time, but I don't pay them Rent or anything, or give them any money.
Because it's THEIR FAULT I have OCD

I told them "Nothing is what I owe them, and Nothing is What they will get"
I give them absolutely NOTHING.
It is indeed their Fault I have OCD, it's because of them, I told them "If Hell freezes over, I will NEVER forgive them for how they spread OCD to me"

You know, MasterSplinter. I have rarely got angry on this board but this is awful! You know what I see reading this: I see a sponger! If you ever had any thought at all, you would not bite the hand that feeds you - freely by the sounds of it because of your insensitive manipulation. You have now admitted you work full time (so you are obviously capable of fending for yourself) and are making your parents suffer as a result. Why don't you do them a favour and move out? I can answer that for you - because it suits you and that's all that matters in your world.

My mother has done me wrong over my life (yes, I can admit, on your terms, she along with other things has aggravated my mental illness at one time so I'm in the same boat as you) but if she was feeding me and keeping a roof over my head, I would gladly give her the right amount of money to provide this.

How ungrateful can one person be? If they chucked you out, Andrew, then you will know what real life is all about.

You say you are a Christian and here you are not forgiving your parents! On your terms, Jesus died on an instrument of torture and he asked his father to 'forgive them for they didn't know what they were doing'. He asked for their forgiveness, yet how much more is that than what your parents have done to you?

Also another point, you come onto the boards saying how you and your mother should get disability allowance. I think you should help providing for your mother yourself!

Hairspray and ChuckyG, I realise that I am being a bit out of line here and I expect this post to be removed. A man has to vent sometimes.  :)

Written By: Hairspray on 06/13/04 at 2:32 pm

Hairspray and ChuckyG, I realise that I am being a bit out of line here and I expect this post to be removed. A man has to vent sometimes.  :)

Nah, man. It's plainly obvious this guy's either not getting the mental health he needs or not of any good quality. I feel very sorry for his parents because I'm certain they're paying dearly for whatever their mistakes may have been, if there were indeed any or at least any major ones which may have contributed to his mental condition.

Written By: AssKicker on 06/13/04 at 2:51 pm

Have you tried ECT?
If you believe in the Christian teachings, suicide will solve nothing because:

(a) You wouldn't get to heaven.
(b) Life could well have improved for you had you stayed alive.
(c) If we are indeed here for a purpose, you would not have fulfilled yours.
(d) You would never be able to find ways around your OCD.
(e) Everyone who you know would be terribly upset (one never "gets over" bereavement- I learned that at the age of two when my father died). Do they know that you've been this depressed? If not, perhaps they can help.

I've attempted suicide four times myself and after every time I've been thankful that I didn't manage it or go ahead with it. I shall pray for you tonight- I do hope that you will live a happy life and then die when you're truly ready.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/04 at 3:25 pm

MasterSplinter,

If it is OK to ask, what kind of OCD do you have?  I mean, do you wash your hands all the time, or check the house locks all the time or what?

When you take the medications, does it stop or reduce the OCD?  What is the "bad part" about the medications?

I'm not trying to snoop.  Just trying to understand what you go through with your OCD.

LB

:)

Written By: Bobby on 06/13/04 at 3:47 pm

MasterSplinter,

If it is OK to ask, what kind of OCD do you have?  I mean, do you wash your hands all the time, or check the house locks all the time or what?

When you take the medications, does it stop or reduce the OCD?  What is the "bad part" about the medications?

I'm not trying to snoop.  Just trying to understand what you go through with your OCD.

LB

I've been asking him the first two questions ever since he got on the boards, Lyricboy.  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 06/13/04 at 3:54 pm

Nah, man. It's plainly obvious this guy's either not getting the mental health he needs or not of any good quality. I feel very sorry for his parents because I'm certain they're paying dearly for whatever their mistakes may have been, if there were indeed any or at least any major ones which may have contributed to his mental condition.

I appreciate that.  :)

I've been thrown out of home twice. A few years ago, I would have done anything to get the security Andrew currently has. That's why I got so worked up.  :-\\

Written By: Hairspray on 06/13/04 at 4:02 pm

I appreciate that.  :)

Anytime. :)

Written By: Rush on 06/13/04 at 8:59 pm

As much as we might want to help him, unfortunately he doesn't want our help, he wants to vent.  That is all he ever has done on this board.  I must admit he has improved a bit since the last time he was on here, he actually does read some posts, but he has also taken some steps in a different more violent direction too.  I don't believe I read anywhere before where he has actually spoken about harming other people. In the past he has talked about not physically hurting anyone else.

I don't really think that these people have done him any harm, he just seems to see it that way.  I mean from what I've read on here recently about him wanting a shrink dead because he kept him in a psych ward overnight, I think the shrink was wrong....to just keep him in overnight.  He needs HELP and help now and if that is what needs to be done then that is what should be done.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/14/04 at 11:08 am

Because of my OCD, I worry about the FUTURE, the future is VERY uncertain for me, I don't know if I could live on my own, I literally might have a Nervous Breakdown or something, my parents take care of me,

I worry, about what MIGHT have happened in the past, but didn't..

I just wish, we ALL could be in PERFECT , Mental and Physical Health, and that we all could have the
Life/LifeStyle that we Want.

My parents BOTH had emotional problems, and they BOTH had people with Mental illness, and Disorders, in their families,

They should have thought to themselves, their is a POSSIBILITY, a very strong one, that they might spread,
some kind of Mental illness or disorder to one of their children,
Like they Spread OCD to me...

I have to suffer my WHOLE LIFE, for the mistakes my parents made in having Children,
I'd choose NON-Existence over OCD,  I wish I was NEVER born, I hate OCD with a Passion.

It still BOGGLES my Mind, how my parents both had emotional problems and on BOTH their familes they had Mental illness, yet they didn't think they Might spread something to their chlildren.

I feel they should face CRIMINAL charges for spreading OCD to me, even if they didn't mean to. It's their FAULT.
Anyway, my OCD consists, of Obsessing about the past, various things in General, and Compulsions, etc.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/14/04 at 11:11 am

Seriously, I wish I could get Revenge, on that SCUMBAG shrink, that held me overnight in a Psych ward in 2001.

I hate his guts with a PASSION, and I plan on finding out his Name.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 11:12 am

I feel they should face CRIMINAL charges for spreading OCD to me, even if they didn't mean to. It's their FAULT.

Dude, a word of advice - drive to the nearest medical facility & get some help NOW.  You have some serious issues & I don't think you're gonna find the answers you are looking for or the help that you need on a messageboard. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 11:13 am

Sigh...  :-\\

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/14/04 at 11:22 am

I mean, it was a ticking GENETIC time-bomb, waiting to happen,
My parents should have had the COMMON SENSE not to have children, and spread Mental illness,

If only both of my Parents, were Forcibly Sterilized by the Government, when they first became ill,
then my OCD suffering could have been PREVENTED

My OCD NIGHTMARE could have been avoided, if only both my Parents were held down on tables and Sterilized, It's not a Pretty thing, to Forcibly Sterilize someone, but it's a Necessary evil,
Like holding down someone with  SARS, so they don't infect others

Yet today in "Politically Correct" America, people like my Parents, who BOTH have Emotional Problems and Mental Defectives in their Families, they are allowed to RISK spreading Mental illness.

It's NOT FAIR..

In the past, America had the common sense to Forcibly Sterilize people like my Parents, but then Nazi Germany, with it's GENOCIDAL MISUSE of Eugenics, made it wrong to Forcibly Sterilize people like my Parents,
My Father is Much more Functional that my Mother, my Mother hasn't worked in over 30 years

On top of that,
my UGLY NERD, trust me he is UGLY,
the Ugly Nerd therapist, tells me that in Addition to OCD
I have a "Schizoid Personality Disorder"

As, if OCD wasn't bad enough.
But the Ugly Nerd, Therapist tells me that it is Mild, my alleged "Schizoid Personality Disorder"

But having that alleged Personality Disorder,
does that mean that I am a "Bad" or "Evil" Person
Some people have said I have a Good Personality.

MY Suffering, my INTENSE Suffering shall NOT be in Silence!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 11:24 am

Anyway, my OCD consists, of Obsessing about the past, various things in General, and Compulsions, etc.

Master,

OK that explains a few things and a common thread to your various posts.  Obsessing over the past and obsessing over compulsions.

A "Decades Messageboard" or the "Yesterdayland" messageboard would seem to be a likely place for someone to go if they obsess about the past, that's for sure.

Thanks for letting us know your "type" of OCD...

LB

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 11:36 am

Of course it does not make you "bad" or "evil".  Evil is when somebody CHOOSES to do bad things, knows that they are wrong, has the ability to do the right thing, but does the wrong thing anyway.

But it seems that even though you have a Good Personality, you need some help to make it thru the day!

By the way, Nobel Laureate John Nash is a schizoid personality type.  His story was told in the movie "A Beautiful Mind".  Have you ever seen it?

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/04 at 7:24 pm

My parents BOTH had emotional problems, and they BOTH had people with Mental illness, and Disorders, in their families,

They should have thought to themselves, their is a POSSIBILITY, a very strong one, that they might spread,
some kind of Mental illness or disorder to one of their children,
Like they Spread OCD to me...

How pathetic. Poor Andrew is having a sulk. Get this, Sonny Jim, I had depression thrust upon me by my family and do you see me throwing my toys out of the pram!?! Do I hate my parents despite what has happened to me (deliberately with selfish  intent may I hasten to add). Do I heck. Besides, would you believe it, there are people worse off even than ourselves (anyone read Dave Pelzer's books?) that have endured barbaric cruelty and sexual abuse. Something I would never know how to understand or cope with. You not only have life (regardless of whether or not it is to your expectations)but a FULL TIME JOB, PARENTS THAT SEEM TO CARE FOR YOU (see we can all use capitals  ;D) and a COMPUTER WITH INTERNET! Stop your wingeing and get on the first step to recovery . . .

I have to suffer my WHOLE LIFE, for the mistakes my parents made in having Children,
I'd choose NON-Existence over OCD,  I wish I was NEVER born, I hate OCD with a Passion.

Would this be the final blow to your parents who have done nothing but give you life and done their best for you DESPITE HAVING ILLNESSES THEMSELVES!

O.k you obsess about the past - I do it. What compulsions do you have? What do you keep doing constantly?

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/14/04 at 7:29 pm

I mean in America how can the Mental Health "Profession" expect people to live their
WHOLE LIVES , being Dependant upon Psychiatric Drugs, being made to BOW DOWN, and Worship them, and kiss their behinds

It has ALWAYS been my Belief
that those with Mental disorders/illness are Victimized
  TWICE

First by their Mental disorders/illness, and secondly by the Mental Health "Profession" aka SCUMBAGS in America, with all their
Rules and Regualtions..

The Mental Health "Profession" is part of the PROBLEM, as far as I am concerned NAMI is a bunch of Hypocrites, I mean their must be a way to Eliminate all Mental illness and disorders once and for all.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/14/04 at 7:31 pm

I'd just like to say, I  DESPISE and DETEST the Mental Health "Profession" notice I put the word Profession in Quotes.
Because the Mental Health "Professionals" are the BAD GUYS, the enemies and the oppressors, they are nothing more than Parole officers, part of the
EVIL  Sadistic Legacy, of barbaric treatment of those with Mental disorders.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 7:44 pm

I'd just like to say, I  DESPISE and DETEST the Mental Health "Profession" notice I put the word Profession in Quotes.
Because the Mental Health "Professionals" are the BAD GUYS, the enemies and the oppressors, they are nothing more than Parole officers, part of the
EVIL  Sadistic Legacy, of barbaric treatment of those with Mental disorders.

Splinter,

SPECIFICALLY what do you want the Mental Health people to do differently.

In other words, if you walked into your therapists office tomorrow, what would you tell him to do, in order to fit in with your view of things?

LB

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/04 at 7:46 pm

I mean, it was a ticking GENETIC time-bomb, waiting to happen,
My parents should have had the COMMON SENSE not to have children, and spread Mental illness,

So, despite having a full time job, free accommodation and unlimited access to a computer, you think that little of your life that you would rather not have had the chance of it in the first place?

My OCD NIGHTMARE could have been avoided, if only both my Parents were held down on tables and Sterilized, It's not a Pretty thing, to Forcibly Sterilize someone, but it's a Necessary evil,
Like holding down someone with  SARS, so they don't infect others

Yet today in "Politically Correct" America, people like my Parents, who BOTH have Emotional Problems and Mental Defectives in their Families, they are allowed to RISK spreading Mental illness.

You've got to be saying this for effect now, MasterSplinter. I would hate for you to become president of the USA, you would kill anyone with a common cold for risk of spreading it to someone else.  ;D

It's NOT FAIR..

Life has finally dawned on you. It's not the chances we get in the world that affects our success. It is what we do with the opportunities we have. You seem like a clever person, you have a good grasp of writing skills.

In the past, America had the common sense to Forcibly Sterilize people like my Parents, but then Nazi Germany, with it's GENOCIDAL MISUSE of Eugenics, made it wrong to Forcibly Sterilize people like my Parents,
My Father is Much more Functional that my Mother, my Mother hasn't worked in over 30 years

What makes your mother 'less functional'?

On top of that,
my UGLY NERD, trust me he is UGLY,
the Ugly Nerd therapist, tells me that in Addition to OCD
I have a "Schizoid Personality Disorder"

As, if OCD wasn't bad enough.
But the Ugly Nerd, Therapist tells me that it is Mild, my alleged "Schizoid Personality Disorder"

Ah, Scizoid Personality Disorder. Anyone interested in reading what that is, here is a link (hint: it's not schizophrenia):

http://www.geocities.com/ptypes/schizoidpd.html

I have read through the symptoms on the website and your therapist, despite being an ugly nerd, seems quite correct in what he is saying. This doesn't mean you are 'bad' or 'evil' (as people on the board are saying to you), it means you need help.

Well that may have to continue on another messageboard, MasterSplinter, as you are being outvoted on a poll again in another thread.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/04 at 8:54 pm

I can't believe this thread went as long as it did. >:(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/04 at 4:48 am

I can't believe this thread went as long as it did. >:(

The thread has been made longer by people declaring they can't believe how long the thread has got.  ;)

Admittedly, as much as Splinter, I have contributed to the mass amount of posts in this one.

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/04 at 4:52 am

YAY BOBBY!!!

Cheers.  :)

The web link I provided said that one of the symptoms of schizoid personality disorder is for the person suffering from it to not be able to respond to criticism or praise. This means that whatever I say I guess is for the benefit of everyone else reading this. What a bloody shame.  :-\\

Has anyone noticed that even when he was quoting somebody he is often quoting himself?

Written By: Hairspray on 06/15/04 at 12:52 pm

At least now we know in technical terms what Andrew suffers from. Hurray. Now, I'll lock this particular thread.

If you still wish to discuss disorders, starting a new fresh thread would be best.

As for the subject of Andrew -

It's time to move on.

Check for new replies or respond here...