inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ray Charles

Written By: Armstrong on 06/10/04 at 4:05 pm

I had a hero die today. God be with him, his family, and his fans. In all sincerity Ray alot of us "will just live our lives and dream of yesterday."

Subject: Re: Ray Charles

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 4:30 pm

In a sense, he was an inspiration to us all, he had a Disability, but he was famous, and a productive member of society
He will be missed.

Written By: womberty on 06/10/04 at 4:35 pm

He was an excellent musician, and will be sorely missed.  :\'(

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/10/04 at 4:45 pm

RIP Ray Charles  :\'(

Written By: Marian on 06/14/04 at 2:44 pm

:(Some suspected it was coming,but a great loss nonetheless.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/14/04 at 3:15 pm

What happened to the other Ray Charles thread??? :-\\

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/14/04 at 3:38 pm

In a sense, he was an inspiration to us all, he had a Disability, but he was famous, and a productive member of society
He will be missed.

Ray Charles was a good musician, full stop. His being blind is a moot point. Why was he an inspiration? Because he was blind and made something of himself? I think you'll find that a lot of disabled people (like me) are doing the same thing. I play keyboards too, but I'm a better singer. I have a remarkable ability to pick things up by ear. Does that make me any better than the average musician? No. I'm sorry, but all this crap about someone being an "inspiration to us all" because they're disabled and talented really, really irks me. But then, I used to get told a lot that I was "special" just for getting out of my apartment and going shopping! I hate that even more. We're all PEOPLE, disabled or not. No one is any more of an inspiration than another, simply because they're different in some way.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Marian on 06/14/04 at 7:48 pm

What happened to the other Ray Charles thread??? :-\\
::) ::)This is it.I guess too many people talking about Master splinter,Andrew,whatever ::)Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 06/14/04 at 8:49 pm

:(Some suspected it was coming,but a great loss nonetheless.

I never knew he was sick in the first place. :o

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...