inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PCG Survey!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 10:32 am

A lot of you that know me, KNOW I love to do these types of surveys, so here ya go:

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why?

Are you left handed or right handed?

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city?

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...)

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid?

What is your favorite cartoon series?

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades:  60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet?

Are you in love?  In lust?

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it?

Describe your idea of the perfect mate.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?

Subject: Re: PCG Survey!

Written By: karen on 06/14/04 at 10:59 am

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? not including house deposits, probably my first car £180. Though it could have been hubby's wedding ring 'cos I can't remember what I paid for that.

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? Cd's probably no more than ten in the loint collection are mine.  We don't own any DVD's

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? hmm that's a tough question.  There are so many great people here.  Can I duck out of this and say any of the Brits?

Are you left handed or right handed? right handed

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? it depends who I was with.  All the family would be camping in the woods but if it was just me and hubby then a city hotel

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Australia, Canada and Iceland

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? a computer for my in-laws so we could mail them photos and stuff

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? I would like my family to be brought up similarly to the way a friend of mine raised hers so I suppose Jean is one of my role models at the moment.  As a child I don't really know that I had one.  As a teen my Guide leader had a big influence on my life

What is your favorite cartoon series? Tom and Jerry

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades:  60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s The Doors, no particular favourite, The Cure, Oasis, no particular favourite yet

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? not yet but I will be meeting someone from my internet post-natal group in August

Are you in love?  In lust? I'm still in,ove with my husband of 12 years

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? no

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. caring, sensitive towards your feelings, good sense of humour

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I have no ambition so I'll probably be doing pretty much the same job.  After the stress of moving house last time I vowed 'never again'.  I will be the mother of two teenagers

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? Finish my Scouting training, get my daughter into the local private high school and son into the grammar school.  Keep the house tidy and do something to the garden

edited because of my stupidity  :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/04 at 1:19 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? I am about to spend about $15,000 on half our house (then payments of course)

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? CDs-I would have to say a few hundred DVDs-store bought-not too many because we just got the DVD player a few months ago-I would say about 10. But, we are taking recorded movies on video and putting them on DVD so those we have about 30 at this point in time.

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? There are a few people but I said this before on another thread-Hairspray

Are you left handed or right handed? Another thing I said on another thread-Right-handed

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? Motel room-don't sleep too well with a rock in my back

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Norway, Scotland, Alaska (there are many others

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Not sure-first will be to go out to dinner-maybe a larger shelf for my CDs

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? As a kid, it was my sisters and my brother. Now, my husband

What is your favorite cartoon series? Probably Daria

60s: Beatles/Doors
70s: Styx/Jethro Tull
80s: Madonna/Billy Joel (even though he could be consided 70s)
90s: Yanni
00s: Santana (like his new stuff)

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? Not yet but hopefully, in Dec. I will meet someone I IM with almost everyday

Are you in love?  In lust? Both-and you can guess who with.  ;)

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Nope

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. Intellegent, sensitive, caring, a good sense of human-in other words, Don Carlos  ;D

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In same place I am now-I am happy here

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?Finish my masters (yeah, right), do some home improvement and enjoying life like I do now

*edited because I misread one question

Cat

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/14/04 at 3:53 pm

Golf clubs, and stereo in second place (both purchased in the past year).

Around 150 CDs.  One DVD.  (Don't have a DVD player yet)

Junior, S.T.G., CeramicsFanatic.. there's more, but those are a couple that I've enjoyed talking to. ;D

Yes.

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city?
Hotel room! :D

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...)
Chicago (again), New Orleans, and Washington, D.C.

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A ton of CDs, neckties, and books, probably. ;)

Some of the bigger kids in my school..

I loved the "Garfield" series.

60s--Simon and Garfunkel
70s--Santana, Chicago, Foreigner
80s--Joe Jackson, Aerosmith
90s--Spin Doctors
00s--Sugar Ray, OutKast

Note--there's a lot more I could name :P

Nope.

I really don't know..

Definitely, I wouldn't have anything to give up, yet I would still get a free $5,000

Female

In the garage, putting gasoline in the lawn mower

Go to college, work in a radio station

Written By: woops on 06/14/04 at 5:17 pm

A lot of you that know me, KNOW I love to do these types of surveys, so here ya go:

CDs: about 70
DVDs: 20 (mostly music videos/concerts)

Sylence, Bobo, CeramicsFanatic, Hairspray, Chucky G, Howard, Rubix Girl, Indy Gent, etc. About everybody I guess.

right handed

Stay in a hotel room

Los Angelas, New York, and

A machine that converts videos into DVDs

Beavis & Butt-Head

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades: 

60s Beatles
70s Aerosmith
80s, Duran Duran
90s Red Hot Chili Peppers
00s White Stripes

no

Not really.

being honest and down to earth

Don't know for now... Probably still working & paying bills, etc.

Written By: resinchaser on 06/14/04 at 6:00 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? $15000 on a car

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? About 200 Cds, 10 DVDs

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? PoP, because she's so fresh ;)

Are you left handed or right handed? Right

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? If i'm with someone special than a hotel. If i'm by myself i'd rather be camping.

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Washington DC, Egypt, Australia

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Mouse Traps

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? My grandfather, always has been, and always will be

What is your favorite cartoon series? Family Guy

60s: The Doors
70s: Led Zep, AC/DC
80s: Prince, and a few metal bands
90s: TOOL, Tragically Hip
00s: TOOL, A Perfect Circle

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet?Nope

Are you in love?  In lust? Infatuated

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Does that include sex with myself? Either way, probably not

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. Funny, sarcastic, can laugh at herself. And there ain't nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk :)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Earth

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? To find someone that makes me happy, and to be with someone who is happy with me. And to buy a house

Written By: jaytee on 06/14/04 at 6:32 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?    Our house.

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?  CD's 250  DVDs 30

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why?  All the Aussies.

Are you left handed or right handed?  Right

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city?  The only place I "camp" is in hotel or motel rooms!

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...)  England, Scotland and Ireland.

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?  A new house.

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid?  Mum.

What is your favorite cartoon series?  Rugrats.

60s:  Beatles, Beach Boys
70s:  Slade, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones
80s:  The Hoodoo Gurus, Robert Palmer, Talking Heads
90s:  Spin Doctors, Pet Shop Boys, Third Eye Blind, Oasis
00s:  Blink 182, The Cat Empire

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet?  No.

Are you in love?  In lust?  Both and have been since I met my husband in 1979!

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it?  Never!

Describe your idea of the perfect mate.  Funny and kind.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  Hopefully not a widow.  Maybe a mother-in-law :o  Mother of four healthy and happy human beings.

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?  Learn how to drive.  To try and stay as healthy as I am now and keep my family in good health.

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/04 at 6:37 pm

O.k PopCultureGirl. Here goes . . .

Er . . . In relation to what it is, probably about 1,500 pounds on a telly

Aprox. 150 CDs and about 100 DVDs

Heh heh. A very difficult question. There are a lot of people and to say just one is doing everyone else an injustice. Like Karen, I would like to meet the Brits but people like Absolutely Vile, Howard and RockandRollFan would be brilliant as well. However, in earnest, I would love to meet everyone.

Ambidextrous. I can write naff all with both hands. No seriously, I am right handed.

Stay in a hotel. I would get scared of strange noises and stuff - plus, I've seen Blair Witch Project

America and Australia would be my biggest choices.

Buy a house

When I was a kid it was my grandad (a wonderful person to be around and taught me to be optimistic and to be young at heart). Now I'm older, probably my girlfriend's parents (lovely people who taught me to give a little more and to be myself)

Loads but Galaxy High School brings back a lot of memories for me.

60s - Herman's Hermits
70s - Sweet
80s - Rick Astley
90s - Ace of Base
00s - Darkness

No

In love

Without going into details, it would depend if I was allowed to do anything else . . .  ::)

My girlfriend - if only she was a bit taller.

Hopefully still alive. I don't look into the future that much.

To get a video camera and make short films.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 6:58 pm

Not including houses, cars, shared expenses & not including things someone else has bought me, I bought myself a handbag once for $700.  I'm such a girlie girl ::)

CD's - around 300 DVD's about the same

resinchaser, because he's so fine ;)

right handed & left footed :P

hotel room

Seychelles, The Pyramids & Italy

a full tank of gas & a pair of designer driving gloves ;)

Now - my mother, Then - Wonder Woman

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

60s - Elvis
70s - Led Zep
80s - The Cure
90s - Tool
00s - Tool/APC

Not yet, but I will.

I'm in a daze but lets just say I got a perma-grin that won't quit.

Nope

Respects women, likes the same music I do, likes an occasional romp in the bushes, has a good sense of humor, isn't offended by my potty mouth, and likes to do things spontaneously

On a tropical island or maybe on a train ride through Europe.

To raise happy & healthy kids, to get lipo & stash away a whole boatload of money for a rainy day.

Written By: Paul on 06/14/04 at 7:31 pm

Go on then...I'll have a go...

I thought it might have been the house deposit, but it's probably the car

How many CD's do you own? (you can guesstimate if need be) DVD's?
I suppose an approximate guess of 1000-1500 CD's, and about three times that in vinyl (I'm a terrible hoarder!) I don't do DVD's

I've got a couple of verbal 'sparring partners' (they know who they are!), but I'll do the cop-out and say 'anyone'...(ironically, due to my shyness, if this were to happen, I'd probably be too petrified to speak to them...!)

Right handed

Gimme a bed!

Name three places you would like to visit. (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc.)
Somewhere further afield than Bognor! Aus, Canada & The US are looking red-hot favourites at the mo'...it's just the money that prevents...

A ticket to Aus, Canada & The US! Seriously, I'd ensure close family and friends are provided for first...

My father on both counts...

Animaniacs...without a doubt!

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s
60s - Beatles
70s and 80s - difficult to say, there were so many
90s and 00s - er, I'll pass on these!

No

Are you in love?
On my salary?!!

In lust?
At my age?!!

Oh, I've done it sweetheart! Not through choice, and with no financial reward at the end of it either!

Describe your idea of the perfect mate
Someone I can genuinely laugh with and who is not offended or upset by the strangely warped sense of humour I've got...failing that, two legs and breathing would be ideal!

Couldn't rightly say...probably window-shopping for toupees!

Once again, couldn't rightly say (I've always been one of life's non-ambitious members...) Just to be content with what I've got...

I must remember not to leave these gaps...!

Written By: Bobby on 06/14/04 at 7:59 pm

Aw! Paul. If I was a woman I would go out with you (I know that's not much consolation mind . . .).

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/04 at 8:05 pm

If you don't count the house or car then it would be about $500 for the ex's ring

Not sure.  I have already met one person.  Actually, let's say Hairspray so at least the mystery would be solved for me. (Don't worry, I would keep the secret;) )

right handed

hotel room in the city.  I am not an outdoors type person 

Hawaii, Alaska, Israel (I would love to see where Jesus walked)

2004 Ford Escape

both now and then, Jesus

Speed Buggy

60's-Monkees, 70's-Lynard Skynard, 80's-too many to name...mostly hair bands, 90's-Toby Keith, 00's-Toby Keith again

Yes, RockNRollFan and I met when he brought his son to Salt Lakenope to either

in a heart beat

someone who is good to my daughter and to me.  Funny, sweet, intelligent, caring.  Looks aren't a big deal.  Neither is money, as long as he is willing to work and contribute to the household budget.

Same as now just a little older with a child who is almost out of high school plus out of debt

get all my bills paid off.  I only have 11 years left on my mortgage, so it shouldn't be too hard to cut a year off and have it paid off by the end of 2014

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 8:16 pm

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Mouse Traps

I must have missed this the first time I read your answers. ;D ;D ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 06/15/04 at 12:02 am

Our house, once it’s paid for….

No idea…

Fuss and Zella would top my list. :)

Right handed.

No roughing it for me ! :o

The U.K. Antarctica and the States.

A ticket to paradise. 8)

My parents.

The Groovy Ghoulies.

60s - Beatles
70s - Sherbet, Skyhooks, AC/DC, LRB….
80s - Split Enz, Icehouse, Australian Crawl, INXS….
90s - Crowded House

No.

Yes.

I guess there are alternatives…

Is there such a thing  ???

In Sydney.

I honestly don’t plan that far ahead. :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 06/15/04 at 2:11 pm

About $300 on my Xbox and accessories for it.

CD's: 150 DVD's: 17

RockandRollFan because I've known him for a hell of a long time. :-*  And Bobo, because he needs to teach me about Scrabble. ;D

Left

Camping

Santorini Island, Kyoto, and I would love to go back to my favorite state...North Carolina.

A car, even though I STILL only have a permit. :P

Both then and now, my grandfather.

Rocko's Modern Life or Duckman.

The Beatles, War, Michael Jackson :P, No Doubt, Linkin Park.

Uh....yeah. ;D

Both

Hell no.

The one who is laying next to me right now. :-*

I'll tell  you in ten years.

To actually complete some sort of schooling, to lose the rest of my weight after January, and to get a driver's license :P. And whatever else happens. :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/15/04 at 2:25 pm

Alrighty then *cracks knuckles*

$250 on a Green Lantern Power Battery prop, which is currently being held hostage so I am for now without the source of my incredible powers.

Um...if they're not on CD-R format, I'm thinking maybe 20.
DVDs, about 30, also being held hostage.

80sCheerleader or Dagwood :)

Right handed, but I still do lots of stuff with my left hand :)

Camping!

Toronto, Canada
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Las Vegas

I'd buy my parents a house, even though they're ungrateful butts...

I dunno...maybe Mr. T

The early-90s Batman cartoon series.  It was so good even my non-English speaking grandmother loved it.

60s  Beatles
70s  Bee Gees
80s  Huey Lewis & the News
90s  Green Day
00s  Weird Al Yankovic

Oui ;)

:-*

Give me 3 more zeroes and I MIGHT think about it.

:-*  Yeah...she's indescribable

Training my army of Cubeness in taking over the world!  MUAHAHHAHAHHA.

Probably graduate school, getting a PhD, getting a job...y'know.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/15/04 at 3:31 pm

Probably our honeymoon in England. $2500 for the airline tickets, and then spending money on top of it.

Around 90 CD's (we have way more LP's!) and around 60 DVD's.

I'd like to meet MaxwellSmart, Rio_Rhodes, Sylence, rubixgirl, Bobby, Cheetara and others.

Left-handed.

Hotel room in a big city!

England (again), Germany, and probably Toronto, ON and/or Vancouver, BC

Airline tickets to leave the country! Move to England, probably...or if we stayed in Canada, live in either Toronto, Vancouver or Victoria.

I don't remember having one as a kid, or if I did, I don't know who it was. Right now, it's Morrissey.

The Simpsons.

60's: Later Beatles/Velvet Underground
70's: David Bowie/Buzzcocks/Sex Pistols/Kraftwerk/John Foxx-era Ultravox
80's: Ultravox (Midge Ure-era, of course)/Depeche Mode/The Smiths
90's: Radiohead/Morrissey
00's: Radiohead/Morrissey/Martin L. Gore

Yup! I married him too!

Yes, to both.

Absolutely! Besides, there are other fun things two people can do...;)

My husband in Martin Gore's body. :)

Hopefully not dead! I'd like to be living in England with my husband, as the next electronic music sensation!

I'd like some sort of career in music, either as a musician, DJ, or journalist.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Powerslave on 06/15/04 at 7:12 pm

$13500 on a car

How many CD's do you own? Well over 1000
DVD's? 50 or so

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? Chucky or Hairspray, because they are godlike.

Are you left handed or right handed? Righty

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? Camping is nice, but I stayed at a five-star hotel for my honeymoon, and that was way cool.

Name three places you would like to visit.  Athens, Crete and the Wacken Festival in Germany

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? A new car

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? My dad.

What is your favorite cartoon series? The Simpsons

60s - Cream
70s - Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, equally
80s - Metallica and Iron Maiden, equally
90s - Tool, Alice in Chains and Fear Factory
00s - I haven't developed a favourite this decade yet

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? Yes. I married her.

Are you in love?  Yes.

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? No.

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. My wife

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Living in a self-sufficient house in the mountains, writing books and listening to classic heavy metal albums.

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? Success.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/15/04 at 7:42 pm

'm not really applicable to answer this question I'm not out on my own yet. Will be very very soon but not yet.

How many CD's do you own?
In the Neighborhood of 25, but I own about 70 cassettes, and have downloaded about 400 songs.

DVD's?
1 and that's only because I couldn't get it on VHS

Bobby, and Howard I think we'd be friends

Hotel room in a big city

Name three places you would like to visit?
National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum in Stillwater,Oklahoma. The United Kingdom. Vancouver,Washington to see my best friend.

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Training for Pro wrestling.

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? Myself now and my dad as a kid

What is your favorite cartoon series? Looney Toons

60s - Rolling Stones
70s - Bob Seager and The Silver Bullet Band
80s - Tom Petty and The Heart Breakers
90s - Soul Asylum
00s - Life House
(Realize I love so many bands I just wrote down the first that came to mind)

No but I once met a guy named Paul Lapointe, who I really would of liked to have met. He told me he was getting married in Illinois somewhere and I actually thought about going, would of if I'd have been old enough, but my dad wouldn't of let me go.

Are you in love?  Define the term

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Unfortunately I'm still a virgin, but if a babe does come along, I highly doubt I'd give her up for 5 thousand smackaroos.

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. One that doesn't last too long.

Looking at myself as an actor, screenplay writer, or professional wrestler. Seeing all the adveristy and failure I went through and all of the dedication and extraordinary hard work I put into life has finally paid off.

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? I want to be know, I want my name to mean something. I want to wake up and like not only who I am But what I am. I wanna love being here in this world, I want to know that hard work does pay off.

Written By: Rush on 06/15/04 at 11:31 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? I'm guessing plane tickets to go back to the UK.

How many CD's do you own? 100 and 600+ vinyl (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? 60

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? No-one...you all drive me nuts!!!  ;D  Ok, ok erm...I really could meet anyone here. Except for that horrible Absolutely Vile  ;D

Are you left handed or right handed? Left handed

Hotel room, I hate spending too much time outside there are people out there.  :D

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) No idea.  I suppose I would choose any place I haven't been to.

Plane tickets.....Just to get away....no wait not from my wife, before you ask.

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? I have no idea of any as a kid but I would say John Carpenter for the past 16 years.

The Simpsons.....D'oh!

60s: The Beatles/The Doors
70s: Queen/Sex Pistols/Kraftwerk
80s: Too many to mention....
90s: Depeche Mode/Radiohead/Oasis/Blur/Morrissey
00s: Radiohead/Morrissey/Depeche Mode/Day One

Yes....unfortunately......................and er....yes, fortunately

Are you in love?  In lust? Lusting in love

What's sex?  ;D

My wife with Martin Gore's body  ;)

Ten years older

Try to look younger  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/16/04 at 7:55 am

$ 102000

about 100

Zella, as she is my friend  :)    Also Moo and Paul and CF and PCG and.....  ;D

Right

Hotel

(1) Los Angeles (2) Canada (3) Europe (the snowy bits)

My freedom  :o ;)

Oh !  Ummm...  I never think about this sort of stuff !  Honest !

I quite like Futurama

60's - Beatles
70's - Skyhooks
80's - Icehouse
90's - REM
00's - ummm, pass !

No

Yes.  Yes.

Yes

Someone who doesn't make me jump through a series of hoops

I have no idea, and that's a bit of a worry  :-\\

To retain my sanity  :-[

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/16/04 at 8:31 am

Zella, as she is my friend  :)    Also Moo and Paul and CF and PCG and.....  ;D

Trust me, if I ever get to Oz, I'll be calling you & Moo & I want you guys to take me on a tour!  And no, not to that dam Steve Irwin zoo either! ;D ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/16/04 at 8:36 am

Trust me, if I ever get to Oz, I'll be calling you & Moo & I want you guys to take me on a tour!  And no, not to that dam Steve Irwin zoo either! ;D ;)

We would love to PCG!  There is the small matter of the 800 miles between wheer we both live however  ;D

Steve Irwin ?  >:( ::) ::) ;D  I only live 30 miles from him !

We could go brick his roof or something  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/16/04 at 3:17 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?  Probably our house.  That cost us (after an addition was added on) about $160,000--does that count?  :-\\

Cd's--well, we jointly have about three of those wood racks full..but I'm not sure how many each one holds right off hand.  DVD's--Probably about 200, I would guess..  :-\\

Well, I don't know.  I did briefly meet one of the FORMER members of the board a year or so ago..anyone know what became of Jonman?
Maybe Dagwood--I've talked a lot to her in the past, and we seem to have a lot in common.

Right handed.

Well, I like camping..but with a very busy toddler, I'm going to have to go with the hotel.  At least that keeps him corralled in one place.   :D

I've always wanted to go to Ireland.  Austrailia would be cool too.  Um...maybe Scotland, or England...just the whole British Isles "experience".   :)

I'd pay off my house.  Then I'd pay off my dad's house, maybe my in-laws house too...maybe buy my sister a house.  I'd spend it all to help "the family", I think. Get the kids into a decent college.  But I can't think of any one thing I would buy with that kind of money.  ???

When I was a kid, probably my dad.
Now, I'm not so sure.  I met a really special lady when I lived in Florida, so maybe her.  Or maybe a friend of mine that has faced the worst of circumstances and still just 'keeps on smiling'.  :)

Probably The Care Bears.  But I do somewhat enjoy the Sailor Moon movies... :-\\

60's--The Monkees

70's-- MeatLoaf

80's
--Toughie.  Um..Slaughter is one, of course, but I was really into all the "hair bands" from that day and age..Def Leppard comes to mind, too..Bon Jovi is always good, though! ;)

90's--I did go through a big Backstreet Boys phase (sorry!), but I'd probably say Savage Garden (or were they the 2000's??).

00's--I think the only "new" stuff I have bought,(if Savage Garden was the 90's) is Clay Aiken's cd.  Mostly what I buy is the old stuff...LOTS of old "Best of" cd's.  It's to the point now that if I get a new cd, the first thing my husband says is "You didn't get another 80's cd...honey, live in THE NOW.."  To which, I of course respond with "Um..why?"    :D

Yes.  Once was a former member of this board, once was my sister's "ex" boyfriend (they had met on Yahoo personals), and once was a really nice lady we met through my husband meeting and helping her out on one of those 'card playing' sites.  Turned out she lived in the same basic area as my in-laws, so when we went to visit them, we went and met her too!  :)

Yes.

I could, depending on when..this year, for example, would be no prob.  Hubby was gone most of the start of the year, and NOW he's going to be gone until at least  December. 
I bet a lot of military wives could do it. We almost do it now--for nothing!    :(

Well, I've been married for almost 12 years, so I guess my husband!  ;D

And he is funny, and smart..I think he's good looking, he makes really cute kids ( ;))  and is usually really an understanding kind of guy.  He lets me know he loves me, and tries real hard to make me happy no matter what.    :)

10 years?  Jeez--hopefully still alive.  I'll have a child out of school and one preparing to get out of school (hopefully!) and one who will only be in junior high.  :-\\

To have fairly normal, happy, well adjusted kids..and for hubby to have a job he's happy with.  He's been in the Navy for about 15-16 years now, and I would think he'll be out by then!  ;D

Written By: goldie on 06/16/04 at 4:48 pm

$190,000 for our house

Not nearly as many as my husband but probably about 100. Probably 75 or so DVD's.

There are several that I would love to meet.

Right

Both...I love to camp as long as it's not too hot outside but you can't beat a great hotel room either!

Australia, England and Hawaii

Get myself and some close to me completely out of debt and set up college funds for my kids.

When I was a kid, my grandfather was my role model. I don't really have one right now.

The Simpsons

60's: I don't really have one.
70's: Disco
80's: There are too many to just chose one.
90's: Don't have one.
00's: Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith. Most anything country.

Yes and I married him last August!!

Both!!

Never!!!

My husband, he's my soulmate

Still working as a nurse, still madly in love with my husband and hopefully both of my children will be out of college and on their own!

More financially stable but just as happy as I am now.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/16/04 at 5:06 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?Thats hard to say. because not including my car I used to have and the apartment, the only thing I spend money on are my Adam Ant and Duran Duran memorobilia. I fork over tons of money for that stuff and I make it all sound rational in my head too!

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? Cds? I own about 500 CDs now. I have about 30 DVDS.

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? Hmmmm, I'd want to meet Vile just because we talk all the time and we do have a lot in common. She'd make a great friend in the real world, not just online.

Are you left handed or right handed? Right handed.

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? Go camping!!! I love camping, especially in New Hampshire!

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) England, France, Portugal.

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? The first thing I would buy is a house for me out near my parents so I could ive near them instead of in Vegas!

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? I have had a lot of role models, past and present, its hard to chose just a couple to name who have shaped me.

What is your favorite cartoon series? The Simpsons!!

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades:  60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s 60s- The Beatles, 70s- Sex Pistols, 80s- Adam and the Ants/ Duran Duran, 90s- Oasis, 00s- Jet.

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? No.

Are you in love?  In lust? I wish.

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Not in a million years for any amount of money for any length of time!!!

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. British. Musician. Punk. 'Nuff said.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Living in England, probably dog grooming!!!

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? My goals are to get to England, get to college and get my Bachelors degree in either Art History or Radio Broadcasting, meet interesting people, and make sure I can take care of my parents if they need help.

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/16/04 at 5:21 pm

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? Hmmmm, I'd want to meet Vile just because we talk all the time and we do have a lot in common. She'd make a great friend in the real world, not just online.

Awwwwww...Rio, thank you! That's so sweet!!! :) :) :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: southernspitfire on 06/16/04 at 7:37 pm

Well, I don't know.  I did briefly meet one of the FORMER members of the board a year or so ago..anyone know what became of Jonman?
Maybe Dagwood--I've talked a lot to her in the past, and we seem to have a lot in common.

Hey Marci!  (remember me?)  I still talk to Jon and he is doing ok...very busy with two jobs now.  I will let him know you are back here and maybe he might join us again!

Written By: southernspitfire on 06/16/04 at 8:26 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?   I cant say my house cuz I didnt put that much down on it and it was on the payment plan with the bank!  So I guess I will have to say probably some furniture.   

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?  Not many cd's now since they were all stolen when my car was.  I think I own 3 or 4 DVD's.  I am a renter not a buyer unless I really like the movie

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why?  I already met him!

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city?  Woods by a lake

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Ireland, Jamaica (again) and Vermont in the fall

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?  I am hoping someone wins it tonite...and then we are off to SoCal for some R and R.  Then... there is this huge house that is perfect for a night club...... ;)
If I won it, then I would pay off two years of h*ll for me and my family

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid?  As a child, my grandfather.  Now I am not so sure. 

What is your favorite cartoon series? SPONGEBOB!!!!!!! ::)

60's--dont know
70's--anything disco
80's--Duran Duran
90's--Bare Naked Ladies
00's--Evanescence

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? Yup, DJ Midas and Wicked Lester (who is not a member right not but was and is now Goldies hubby) and of course cuz Goldie since she is my sis.  Oh, and Dude (Hey Hoss!)

Are you in love?  In lust?    ::)

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Not no but H*LL NO!

Describe your idea of the perfect mate.  I dont want perfect. There is no such thing...so I will settle for Mr OK who might leave his socks in the middle of the floor but will give you a backrub and a kiss without asking (and not want anything in return).

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  Right now I am taking it one day at a time.  It's all I can muster at the moment. 

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?  To be financially sound again and happy.  Happiness being the keyword here

Written By: karen on 06/17/04 at 4:09 am

Well, I like camping..but with a very busy toddler, I'm going to have to go with the hotel.  At least that keeps him corralled in one place.   :D

My two-year old loves camping.  He's got his own tiny sleeping bag which is so cute.  He first camped as a babe-in-arms then we went as a family last year and this year and he's been to Cub Scout Camp this year as well.  You should try it - it's lots of fun.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/17/04 at 7:34 am

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? My wedding cost over $10,000

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?  CD's about 100, DVD's - none

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? I'd like to meet everyone actually.

Are you left handed or right handed? Right handed

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? Hotel room definitely.  Camping was never my thing.

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Lets see...Hawaii, Italy and Ireland

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Actually, I'd pay off my debts and move out of NY, like buy a house in the mountains or down the shore.

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid?  My role model was always my mom.  She never had it easy, but always kept it together.  She is an incredibly strong woman.

What is your favorite cartoon series?  The Simpsons

60's - The Doors
70's - The Stones
80's - too many! Some are the Cars, Hall & Oates, Talking Heads, Springsteen, many more
90's - Don't really have one
00's- Don't have one

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? Nope, I do talk to someone that I hope to meet someday.

Are you in love?  In lust?  BOTH!

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it?  No way!

Describe your idea of the perfect mate.  My husband.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  I don't really plan that far ahead, things can change so much in the blink of an eye.

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? Just to be able to live comfortably, be happy where I am and what I'm doing with my life.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/18/04 at 3:10 pm

Awwwwww...Rio, thank you! That's so sweet!!! :) :) :)

Absolutely Vile

Your Welcome Vile!

Yeah, I know, sweet is just my middle name! ;D ;D

Rio

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/18/04 at 4:24 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?  The money we paid for our house.

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  Around 450, I think.

DVD's?  70 

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why?  There are several I would really like to meet in person.  Paul, Fuss, and Zella...all of whom I've had the pleasure of getting to know through this board.

Are you left handed or right handed?  Right-handed

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city?  Both sound like fun, but I think I'd be a little more comfortable in a hotel room

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...)  I'd like to visit England, Ireland and Scotland.

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?  A house in a place where I'd like to live.

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid?  My mother.

What is your favorite cartoon series?  Tom & Jerry

60s - Simon & Garfunkel
70s - The Eagles
80s - This one is hard...I'd say probably Def Leppard
90s & 00s - None

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet?  Yes.

Are you in love?  In lust?  Yes.

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it?  Yes.

Describe your idea of the perfect mate.  A man who loves me for who I am.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  With more grey.

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?  I really can't say.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/20/04 at 11:50 pm

Hey Marci!  (remember me?)  I still talk to Jon and he is doing ok...very busy with two jobs now.  I will let him know you are back here and maybe he might join us again!

Hi Southern Spitfire!  Yep, I remember you!  Doing well, I hope?

Well, by all means tell Jon hello..I really doubt I'm reason enough for anyone to rejoin anyplace, but if he wants to come back, I'd be glad to see him!  Happy to hear he's doing okay, in any case!  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/20/04 at 11:53 pm

My two-year old loves camping.  He's got his own tiny sleeping bag which is so cute.  He first camped as a babe-in-arms then we went as a family last year and this year and he's been to Cub Scout Camp this year as well.  You should try it - it's lots of fun.

Really? See I'm just afraid my nearly two year old would kill himself, (and likely the rest of us too!  ;))  Let's just say he's a very "busy" child..... :-\\

Plus, this year's out anyway---hubby is gone and there is NO WAY I could do it by myself!  Pathetic, I know, but true.    :(

Written By: philbo on 06/21/04 at 6:45 am

Well, that'd be our house for £280k

150-ish

Rick & Mari, Claude, JD or M&P - as to why?  Looking at the list, that should be obvious

Left

If I'm paying, then camping in the woods... if someone else is picking up the tab, then a hotel, any time

Grand Canyon, Vancouver Island, any of the Aztec/Incan/Mayan remains in S.America

A disguise

My father, I guess, when I was a kid - I don't have one now

Dilbert (or possibly the Simpsons)

60s - Beatles
70s - AC/DC
80s - Iron Maiden
90s - er.. my 80s collection?
00s - see 90s

I had a pub lunch with Taoist a while back

Nope.  I'm married ;)

{censored}

1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Bc5 3.Qh5 Nf6 4.Qxf7#  (providing it's me that's white)

Who knows?

Help my children through school and out into the big wide world safely... then I can think about reducing my shocking levels of debt

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/21/05 at 10:10 am

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? uh...probably my car....but hopefully soon a house

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's? probably about 300 cds and about 50 dvds

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? I would have to say Howard....because he always makes me laugh!

Are you left handed or right handed? left handed

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? depends on my mood..I like both

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) Italy, Hawaii, a cross country trip across US

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? a house

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? my parents

What is your favorite cartoon series? The Oblongs

Who is your favorite music artist from these decades:  60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s .....I like so many..but to name a few....ELO, Little River Band, Kansas, Seals & Croft, America, Ramones, Pet Shop Boys, Culture Club, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, etc..etc..).

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? yes

Are you in love?  In lust? in love

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? yes

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. honest, caring, sweet, funny, creative, unique

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? married, maybe 1 more child...having my own business

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? as stated above

Written By: jiminy on 03/21/05 at 2:36 pm

$2000 on my laptop

CDs - over 200 ... DVDs - about 30

Myself, we really get along well

I use the right hand more often then the wrong hand

I hate camping

Amsterdam (coffee shops), Germany (Wacken open air metal festival), Romania

Black Metal night club in Bucuresti

now - no one ... kid - Bert Jones of the Baltimore Colts

Family Guy

60s - Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath
70s - Kiss, Alice Cooper, AC/DC
80s - Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Carcass
90s - Iced Earth, Dimmu Borgir
00s - Amorphis, Rotting Christ

yes

Both

you mean I could of been paid for this?

loyal, pretty, smart, funny and  good in bed

in front of my PC or inside an urn

to be an over sexed American

Written By: whitewolf on 03/21/05 at 5:12 pm

What is the most money you have spent on one single item?13,975 on a car

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?CDs 20-25, DVDs 5

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why?  to many to choose from

Are you left handed or right handed? right

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? hotel because I am allergic to misquetoes and black flies

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...) P.E.I, Dakota, and Memphis

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? A house

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? no-one now and when I was a kid, My parents

What is your favorite cartoon series? used to be jabber jaws

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? no

Are you in love?  In lust? In love.

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? no, my hubby probably wouldn't let me

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? working as an accountant

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years?  finish getting my degree and getting my children recognized as Aboriginal people

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/21/05 at 6:32 pm

I know you do...in fact I kinda borrowed one from you...but I altered it a little ;)

Written By: Mergal on 03/22/05 at 8:58 am

What is the most money you have spent on one single item? 3-grand, and I'm using right now!

How many CD's do you own? (you can guessitmate if need be)  DVD's?  CD's: too many too count. I've got two CD organizers, but they still don't hold all my CD's!
DVD's: I don't really have a DVD player yet (I use my laptop's built-in DVD player!) so I only have four DVD's.

If you could meet one person off of this board, who would it be & why? That's a hard question

Are you left handed or right handed? Left

What would you rather do...go camping in the woods or stay in a hotel room in a big city? Hotel room

Name three places you would like to visit.  (It can be a city, country, state, island, etc...)  Italy, Spain (hot guys there), and Norway

If you were awarded 1 million dollars tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy? Hmmm....

Who is your role model now & who was it when you were a kid? I guess an Old Hollywood celebrity ie. Audrey Hepburn, Nathalie Wood...

What is your favorite cartoon series? I'm not into cartoons, but I guess maybe those really old ones such as Merry Melodies, Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse from the 20s

60s: The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel
70s: Stevie Wonder, Carley Simon, Heart
80s: Bryan Adams, Corey Hart....
90s: Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana
00s: ?

Have you ever met someone in real life off of the Internet? Yep

Are you in love?  In lust? In lust

If you had to give up sex for one year in exchange for $5000 would you do it? Depends on the situation

Describe your idea of the perfect mate. Good personality, fine sense of humor, self-sufficient, adventurous, my friend, loves me unconditionally, and ok he doesn't have to be a hund, but has to have a little in the looks department

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married, working....

What are your goals in life for the next 10 years? Find the perfect guy, make a little more money.....

Check for new replies or respond here...