inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatcha gonna do next week?

Written By: Stompgal on 06/27/04 at 1:39 pm

Tomorrow, I am going to town because I've got an interview and I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(. That's V. offensive of him to say that. I'm also going to apply for a Saturday job at the Big W (Giant version of the shop Woolworths) with my friend Jenny on Tuesday.I'll also be watching fims, playing Ps2 games and doing my homwork for college. Ova 2 U...

Subject: Re: Whatcha gonna do next week?

Written By: Paul on 06/27/04 at 5:33 pm

...and I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(. That's V. offensive of him to say that.

Certainly is...there's no call for that - father or not...

Anyway, best of luck with the job interview...

Well, I've got this week off - therefore, there's plenty been piling up in the background that needs doing, commencing with the never-ending cycle of painting the walls, followed by bathroom and toilet floor to be re-tiled...

...and if I can squeeze it in (and the weather behaves!), a bit of gardening...

Should be ready to take it nice and easy by going back to work...!

Written By: Bobby on 06/27/04 at 6:03 pm

Tomorrow, I am going to town because I've got an interview and I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(. That's V. offensive of him to say that. I'm also going to apply for a Saturday job at the Big W (Giant version of the shop Woolworths) with my friend Jenny on Tuesday.I'll also be watching fims, playing Ps2 games and doing my homwork for college. Ova 2 U...

Hmm! That's not nice of your father to say that. Mind, my mum has said worse than that to me . . . ::)

As for next week I am going to work and then I am on holiday for a week. I can't wait - I plan to do what I like that week so it should be great!  :D

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/28/04 at 1:46 am

Tomorrow, I am going to town because I've got an interview and I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(. That's V. offensive of him to say that.

That IS an awful thing to say!  :(  I can't evern imagine saying that to one of mine..even if they WERE starting to chunk up.  :-[

For me...well, hopefully I'll be talking to my hubby again (he's in port for a few more days)...I really need to get some boxes hauled out of my computer room....and probably shopping, because cooking on the 4th always ends up at my house... :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 06/28/04 at 2:24 am

Tomorrow, I am going to town because I've got an interview and I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(. That's V. offensive of him to say that.

That comment was pretty uncalled for. Parents shouldn't be saying stuff like that. :( I'm sure you're perfectly fine the way you are, Stompgal. Don't let anyone tell you differently. :)

This week I'll probably clean the room, do laundry, make an appointment with WIC, drop off an application, and maybe go to San Francisco on Friday.

Written By: blackdog on 06/28/04 at 3:18 am

Hmm! That's not nice of your father to say that. Mind, my mum has said worse than that to me . . . ::)

As for next week I am going to work and then I am on holiday for a week. I can't wait - I plan to do what I like that week so it should be great!  :D

I agree that's not nice at all.  Both my parents used to say that to me & worse.  I'm doing the same thing Bobby... working my tail off and then going on vacation for a week.  Hope you have a good one where-ever you may be traveling to?  If you're traveling anywhere?   

Written By: jaytee on 06/28/04 at 4:26 am

Oh Stompgal!  That's awful that your Dad says that.  My Dad used to be the opposite - I'd always be saying "I'm fat!" and he'd say "you're just right!".  He was a good old stick!

Anyway, in the next week my husband and I are putting on a bar-b-que for the oldies in the local retirement village,  having friends over for a roast dinner on Wednesday night,  taking the boys and some of their friends go-karting and then going off camping with 12 adults and 17 children!!

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/04 at 6:33 pm

I agree that's not nice at all.  Both my parents used to say that to me & worse.  I'm doing the same thing Bobby... working my tail off and then going on vacation for a week.  Hope you have a good one where-ever you may be traveling to?  If you're traveling anywhere?   

The feelings are reciprocated, blackdog. Have a wonderful time away from 'the grind'. Are you travelling anywhere for your vacation?

As for me, I'm not doing anything special but get up when I want (no change there due to my shift patterns anyway) and do what I want. I love my girlfriend very much but I did the brave thing and got some Bobby time for myself (I usually work my holiday according to my girlfriend's schedule). She comes home around 4:00 pm anyway so we will get more time with each other regardless. I love these kind of holidays when I am not pressured to do anything.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/28/04 at 7:28 pm

I am working this week (like always).  Saturday night I am going to Phantom of the Opera.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/28/04 at 7:35 pm

Well, I've got this week off - therefore, there's plenty been piling up in the background that needs doing, commencing with the never-ending cycle of painting the walls, followed by bathroom and toilet floor to be re-tiled...

How about you come and do my walls and floors when you're finished...?  We've been talking about doing the floors for a year now and nothing's happened... ???

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/28/04 at 7:37 pm

...I've also got to go to the gym because my dad says I'm fat  :\'(.

That's a horrible thing to say!  Boy, parents can sure tell their kids exactly what they feel sometimes!  >:(

Written By: Howard on 06/28/04 at 8:49 pm

I'm finally gonna meet this new friend of mine on July 4th weekend. :)

Howard

Written By: Powerslave on 06/29/04 at 1:14 am

Saturday my wife and I are going to be selling t-shirts at a rock show, then later that night we're going to an 80s metal club. Next week I have the whole week off work so my daughter will be staying with me for a few days of the school holidays. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...