inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some People Are Just SICK!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/27/04 at 5:06 pm

I never imagined that today could be worse than the day I had yesterday but....after taking my son Brian to Fargo's Pizza and a round of minature golf we went over to the cemetary to visit Blaine's grave. The ring I'd placed on his headstone with a n'01 graduation pin from a friend of his was gone and replaced with 2 live .45 caliber bullets...the night he was killed one went through his pant legs and 4 seconds later the fatal bullet went through his heart....though these were from a .45 (He was killed by a 9mm) I still don't understand why some people find the need to do crap like this >:(

Subject: Re: Some People Are Just SICK!

Written By: Zella on 06/27/04 at 5:33 pm

Mark I am so sorry that this happened. I can hardly believe that there are people in the world that could be that cruel. :(

Written By: Paul on 06/27/04 at 5:36 pm

That is not called for...it never ceases to amaze me how some people can regress back to pond life at times...

Be strong, Mark...there are better folks out there...

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/27/04 at 5:41 pm

Oh Mark, I am sorry about that.  Some people are just so immature, so inconsiderate, and as you put it, just sick.   >:(

Written By: Bobby on 06/27/04 at 5:59 pm

Oh God! I don't understand how contemptible people can be at times. RockandRollFan, you have mine, and everybody else on the board's, deepest sympathy.

What I can't understand is how these people knew the nature of your son's death. Is it written on the tombstone?

Written By: Dagwood on 06/27/04 at 6:00 pm

That is incredibally tacky.  I am sorry someone thought they needed to do that, Mark.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/04 at 6:18 pm

I am so sorry Mark. I really don't know what else to say.

Cat

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/27/04 at 7:41 pm

I am sorry to hear that Mark  :(

Written By: blackdog on 06/27/04 at 8:29 pm

I am so sorry to hear that.  What a sick/evil thing for someone to do.  There are other compassionate people out there.

Written By: jaytee on 06/27/04 at 9:40 pm

What an awful thing to do to someone!  Some people have no respect. :(  I'll keep sending nice vibes your way Mark  :) :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/27/04 at 10:46 pm

I never imagined that today could be worse than the day I had yesterday but....after taking my son Brian to Fargo's Pizza and a round of minature golf we went over to the cemetary to visit Blaine's grave. The ring I'd placed on his headstone with a n'01 graduation pin from a friend of his was gone and replaced with 2 live .45 caliber bullets...the night he was killed one went through his pant legs and 4 seconds later the fatal bullet went through his heart....though these were from a .45 (He was killed by a 9mm) I still don't understand why some people find the need to do crap like this >:(

That is just horrible, Mark.  I'm so sorry.  :(

Written By: Jessica on 06/28/04 at 2:15 am

What I can't understand is how these people knew the nature of your son's death. Is it written on the tombstone?

It was actually a big story in Colorado Springs. Blaine was shot while he was working at his job. :(

Mark, I bet you anything it was a relative or relatives of the assholes that killed Blaine. Either that or someone has a really f*cking twisted sense of humor. That is just disgusting. Just remember though that Karma is a b*tch and it will come back and bite these people or persons in the a**. Sick f*cks. >:(

Written By: karen on 06/28/04 at 7:38 am

I am sorry to hear that Mark.  There are some very sad sick people about.

karen

Written By: maddog on 06/28/04 at 8:36 am

That's just terrible Mark, I'm both really sad and angry to hear about it.
I was going to say that I can't believe that anyone could be so callous and stupid but the sad fact is that I can believe it. 
As you said yourself, some people are just sick.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/28/04 at 8:43 am

I am so sorry to hear that Mark.  How horrible! What a-holes these people are. 

Jessica is right.  Karma is a b*tch and has a way of coming back to people.  Hang in there.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 9:16 am

Thanks to all who care and replied....I have been going over what I can do to possibly send a message to whoever the punk or punks happened to be but I'm probably searching for a needle in a haystack kinda deal. So, I put in a call to our local newspaper and a friend who did part of the story about Blaine back in 2001. Maybe, in print, I'll be able to shake these morons out....I really appreciate everyone who is concerned though, It brightened an otherwise dreary day ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/28/04 at 11:11 am

We live in a sick society nowadays, and we can never pay respects to our loved one without some cretins ruining it for everybody. Take some comfort on the fact that these idiots will be dead soon and that they will meet a terrible judgement. I bet they cannot even fathom losing a loved one, even a girlfriend or a brother, because their minds are in the gutter. Hang on, Rock, and don't take guff from ANYONE! You should be able to spend as much time with your son's grave as possible without harrassment.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 12:54 pm

It's a thought, but unfortunately, I don't think it will help...People who do things such as this are COWARDS!!!
Yeah, I think you're right. Unless I stake out the cemetary I don't think I'll ever catch who did this :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 12:56 pm

We live in a sick society nowadays, and we can never pay respects to our loved one without some cretins ruining it for everybody. Take some comfort on the fact that these idiots will be dead soon and that they will meet a terrible judgement. I bet they cannot even fathom losing a loved one, even a girlfriend or a brother, because their minds are in the gutter. Hang on, Rock, and don't take guff from ANYONE! You should be able to spend as much time with your son's grave as possible without harrassment.

Thanks Indy....much appreciated ;)

Written By: Marian on 06/28/04 at 2:21 pm

>:(I;m sorry to hear that.But try not to put anything of value over there.Some people really do go to cemetaries for "recreation',if you can call it that,and if they find something they can steal easily,it just makes it more fun for them >:(.School is out now,so a lot of kids have extra time on their hands.Try leaving old stuffed animals or fresh-picked bouquets instead--after all,it's the thought that counts!cHEERS!

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/28/04 at 2:32 pm

My appolgises and sympathy too.  I think Jessica got it right.  This wasn't some random act of vandalism (like stealing flowers etc from a grave).  This was personal, and very sick.  I hope you report it to the cops - not that they could do much, because it could be a threat against you or others in your family.

Good luck,
DC

Written By: gemini61 on 06/28/04 at 5:16 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that :(  Is nothing sacred anymore? Not even a cemetary? I don't understand what the hell is wrong with people anymore! It just makes me sick.  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Don Carlos, Marian and gemini61. It means a lot that you care :) I did turn the bullets in at the police station today. Ironically the officer that came down to meet with me was the same one that showed up at the house to tell us the horrible news that night :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/04 at 6:24 pm

It was actually a big story in Colorado Springs. Blaine was shot while he was working at his job. :(

Mark, I bet you anything it was a relative or relatives of the assholes that killed Blaine. Either that or someone has a really f*cking twisted sense of humor. That is just disgusting. Just remember though that Karma is a b*tch and it will come back and bite these people or persons in the a**. Sick f*cks. >:(

I see, Jessica. Thanks.  :)

Yes, RockandRollFan I agree with Jessica in it's entirety. By it's very nature, Karma will get these people back one way or another. I doubt a witch-hunt for the person involved is the answer, though. It will cause you more emotional pain than the person who left them there.  :-\\

However, I wish you luck in finding the person responsible.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 7:32 pm

I see, Jessica. Thanks.  :)

Yes, RockandRollFan I agree with Jessica in it's entirety. By it's very nature, Karma will get these people back one way or another. I doubt a witch-hunt for the person involved is the answer, though. It will cause you more emotional pain than the person who left them there.  :-\\

However, I wish you luck in finding the person responsible.  :)
Thanks Bobby and yes I believe Jessica stated it best!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/28/04 at 8:37 pm

How evil :(  Sorry to hear that, Mark.  I hope the people who did that get brought to justice.  I wonder if you could get them for defacing a gravesite? ??? 

Written By: Howard on 06/28/04 at 8:46 pm

Hope you feel better Mark. ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 8:54 pm

How evil :(  Sorry to hear that, Mark.  I hope the people who did that get brought to justice.  I wonder if you could get them for defacing a gravesite? ??? 
Thanks Pop. I'm looking into just that ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 8:56 pm

Hope you feel better Mark. ;)

Howard
Thanks Howard :)

Written By: Hairspray on 06/28/04 at 10:15 pm

Mean people suck.

It's probably easier said than done, but report it to the police and let it go. The people who desecrated your son's grave definitely want attention. Don't give them the satisfaction. It'll be ok. Chin-up.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 10:55 pm

Mean people suck.

It's probably easier said than done, but report it to the police and let it go. The people who desecrated your son's grave definitely want attention. Don't give them the satisfaction. It'll be ok. Chin-up.
Thanks Hairspray, you've given me more to consider :)

Written By: Hairspray on 06/29/04 at 11:08 am

Thanks Hairspray, you've given me more to consider :)

You're most welcome. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/29/04 at 6:46 pm

You're most welcome. :)
;) :)

Written By: Gis on 06/30/04 at 4:59 am

I just read this thread.I'm sorry too Mark some people are unbelievable.I agree with what everyone else has been saying and I too am a great believer in karma.The older I get the more it's the case.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/30/04 at 12:24 pm

I just read this thread.I'm sorry too Mark some people are unbelievable.I agree with what everyone else has been saying and I too am a great believer in karma.The older I get the more it's the case.
Thank you, Gis. I too am finding out things as I get older, about karma. It's a lot more rewarding to see the good in people and try and ignore the evil ones in this world than giving them the time of day. I still can't help but wonder who it was though because that cemetary represented a place where my sons, Blaines friends and everyone who loved him, could go and feel relaxed. It's almost like being violated now though :-\\

Written By: zcrito on 06/30/04 at 1:51 pm

I'm also sorry, Mark.

I can't believe they took the ring and pin that you had left. I could hope they were taken by someone who cared about Blaine too, but to leave two bullets is just plain sad and pathetic.

You mentioned your sons in other posts I think. If you don't mind, how old and what happened to Blaine? And Blaine isn't a common name, was he named after someone you know?   

Later...

Written By: oddxsocks on 06/30/04 at 2:22 pm

:( i'm really sorry, mark.  that's absolutely disgusting.  i completely agree with jess...the sickos who did that definitely have some bad karma coming thier way. >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/30/04 at 2:31 pm

I'm also sorry, Mark.

I can't believe they took the ring and pin that you had left. I could hope they were taken by someone who cared about Blaine too, but to leave two bullets is just plain sad and pathetic.

You mentioned your sons in other posts I think. If you don't mind, how old and what happened to Blaine? And Blaine isn't a common name, was he named after someone you know?   

Later...

He was 17 and his best friend since kindergarten(Rob) had passed away on March 26...exactly 1 month before Blaine. My son was at work when two morons came in at 9:54...6 minutes before closing. they ordered him and his co-worker, 16 year old Jennifer, to thier knees. one guy took the money from the register while the other held the gun on them. They then were ordered into the 5X5 fezzer.....Blaine took Jennifer and put her in ahead of himself. As they tried to lock them in the freezer Blaine stuck his foot in the door...the guy fired a shot that went through Blaines pant leg...the other guy wityh the money, ran out the back door. 4 seconds after firing the first shot, the guy raised the gun and shot Blaine through his heart, killing him instantly. Jennifer said that the bullet came through his back and missed her by inches. The three involved (A driver as well) were all caught within 3 days, thanks to the shooters girlfriend. He is serving life without parole plus thirty in Limon, CO. His trial ended first and within a couple months of the murder. The other two wrapped up last year....both recieved 15-18 years with time served.....My ex-wife had a brother named Blaine who died in 1975 at age 16 in an accident at a pool at the YMCA (He broke his neck) and she also has a cousin Baline who was born blind. Her late father admonished her for naming our son that when he was born but I guess she was trying to break the chain of bad luck for the name :-\\

zcrito, I really appreciate your caring and hope I didn't bore your with the story.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/30/04 at 2:32 pm

:( i'm really sorry, mark.  that's absolutely disgusting.  i completely agree with jess...the sickos who did that definitely have some bad karma coming thier way. >:(
Thanks for caring, odd X socks ;)

Written By: zcrito on 06/30/04 at 11:32 pm

He was 17 and his best friend since kindergarten(Rob) had passed away on March 26...exactly 1 month before Blaine. My son was at work when two morons came in at 9:54...6 minutes before closing. they ordered him and his co-worker, 16 year old Jennifer, to thier knees. one guy took the money from the register while the other held the gun on them. They then were ordered into the 5X5 fezzer.....Blaine took Jennifer and put her in ahead of himself. As they tried to lock them in the freezer Blaine stuck his foot in the door...the guy fired a shot that went through Blaines pant leg...the other guy wityh the money, ran out the back door. 4 seconds after firing the first shot, the guy raised the gun and shot Blaine through his heart, killing him instantly. Jennifer said that the bullet came through his back and missed her by inches. The three involved (A driver as well) were all caught within 3 days, thanks to the shooters girlfriend. He is serving life without parole plus thirty in Limon, CO. His trial ended first and within a couple months of the murder. The other two wrapped up last year....both recieved 15-18 years with time served.....My ex-wife had a brother named Blaine who died in 1975 at age 16 in an accident at a pool at the YMCA (He broke his neck) and she also has a cousin Baline who was born blind. Her late father admonished her for naming our son that when he was born but I guess she was trying to break the chain of bad luck for the name :-\\

zcrito, I really appreciate your caring and hope I didn't bore your with the story.....

Hey, Mark,
thanks for the full story. It filled in many questions and helps us understand more your anger.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 11:02 pm

Hey, Mark,
thanks for the full story. It filled in many questions and helps us understand more your anger.

I'm just glad you weren't bored by it...thanks for caring, zcrito

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 11:04 pm

Mean people suck.

Yes they do :-\\

Written By: Ripp on 07/03/04 at 6:43 am

Sorry to hear that. Like you put it, some people are just Sick. To me, it's sick enough that people have to die. It's like god has an assistant somewhere, and god has a large pad of buttons, and the assistant just pressed one randomly. Then they find out there's no way of reversing the process, and they just Die. It's not right and it's NOT fair.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/03/04 at 9:19 am

Sorry to hear that. Like you put it, some people are just Sick. To me, it's sick enough that people have to die. It's like god has an assistant somewhere, and god has a large pad of buttons, and the assistant just pressed one randomly. Then they find out there's no way of reversing the process, and they just Die. It's not right and it's NOT fair.
Thanks Ripp...

Check for new replies or respond here...