inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My poor Kyra...

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/28/04 at 12:33 pm

My little kitten Kyra passed away this morning. She will be sorely missed, very much so. :\'( :\'( :\'(

She came down with a fever on Friday, I took her to the emergency vet on Friday night after work, we were there until Saturday morning. I couldn't get a regular day vet appointment until Monday morning so I had hoped that she would be fine until then. She had started to come around on Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday night, she just got really sick, really fast. I stayed up with her all night trying to keep her as attentive as I could, but she just kept fading on me. :\'( :\'(

Jordan sensed it too, so she stuck by Kyra at the end, when Kyra finally passed, Jordan ran out of hiding and sat with me while we made sure she wasn't alone.

What makes the whole situation worse is that it really couldn't have been avoided no matter what. I found her as an abandoned kitten with an upper respiratory infection, and it never went away. She never had the chance to build a strong immune system, so she couldn't fight it no matter what. All I could do was make her comfortable and wait for her to go on her own time. At least now she isn't suffering anymore and she is at peace.

So, that is the gist of my weekend, hopefully next weekend won't be so terrible,as I'm sure it won't.

Thanks for reading this everyone. :)

Rio

Subject: Re: My poor Kyra...

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/28/04 at 12:39 pm

Oh, Rio, I am so sorry to hear about Kyra.   :\'(

I know how painful it is to lose a pet, they are like a part of your family. At least she had you to look after her and she wasn't alone while she was so sick.

I know it's a cliche, but I'll say it anyway because it's true....at least she is not suffering anymore, she's at peace.  You did all you could for her and I'm sure she knew that.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/28/04 at 12:42 pm

My little kitten Kyra passed away this morning. She will be sorely missed, very much so. :\'( :\'( :\'(

She came down with a fever on Friday, I took her to the emergency vet on Friday night after work, we were there until Saturday morning. I couldn't get a regular day vet appointment until Monday morning so I had hoped that she would be fine until then. She had started to come around on Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday night, she just got really sick, really fast. I stayed up with her all night trying to keep her as attentive as I could, but she just kept fading on me. :\'( :\'(

Jordan sensed it too, so she stuck by Kyra at the end, when Kyra finally passed, Jordan ran out of hiding and sat with me while we made sure she wasn't alone.

What makes the whole situation worse is that it really couldn't have been avoided no matter what. I found her as an abandoned kitten with an upper respiratory infection, and it never went away. She never had the chance to build a strong immune system, so she couldn't fight it no matter what. All I could do was make her comfortable and wait for her to go on her own time. At least now she isn't suffering anymore and she is at peace.

So, that is the gist of my weekend, hopefully next weekend won't be so terrible,as I'm sure it won't.

Rio

Rio... I am so, so sorry to hear about Kyra's passing.  :\'(  That is a terrible tragedy.  She was very lucky to have you as her caretaker as long as she did.  It sounds like you provided her with all the love she needed during this difficult time. 

Written By: lorac614 on 06/28/04 at 12:47 pm

I know what you're going through, I lost my beloved pooch Sadie.  I had her from the time she was a pup, I resuced her from the pound.  She was my first "baby".  She died about a month ago, just short of her 15th birthday. 

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope this poem helps... :\'(

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Written By: nally on 06/28/04 at 1:13 pm

My condolences to you and your family, Rio. :\'(

Written By: Paul on 06/28/04 at 1:25 pm

It's always heartbreaking when a pet dies...it may be tempting for some to say, 'It's just an animal...', but it goes way deeper than that...

Rio & lorac, I'll safely bet that if both your pets could voice an opinion right this minute, they'd have no complaints about their owners...

But in any event, my sincerest condolences to you both...

Written By: nally on 06/28/04 at 1:28 pm

It's always heartbreaking when a pet dies...it may be tempting for some to say, 'It's just an animal...', but it goes way deeper than that...

Rio & lorac, I'll safely bet that if both your pets could voice an opinion right this minute, they'd have no complaints about their owners...

But in any event, my sincerest condolences to you both...

I remember when my dog Dusty died in 1993. She was 16. My parents had gotten her three years before I was born, but all the same, it is sad to see a pet go.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/04 at 1:55 pm

I am so sorry Rio. I lost my kitty Brandy last year about 18 years. I really do know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Just remember, you are not alone.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Marian on 06/28/04 at 2:16 pm

:(I'm sorry to hear that.But i'm glad she had a home when she died--there's too many abandoned animals that don't have anyone to take care of them.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/28/04 at 2:35 pm

Sorry  to hear your pet died.  I know how attached we all can become to the little (sometimes big) fur ball.

DC

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/28/04 at 4:32 pm

So sorry to hear about your kitty.  :\'(

I know when I was younger, we'd had a cat--a stray--and we'd found her when I was in the 4th grade.  She was a really good kitty.  Then, after I got married and moved away, her health got pretty bad, so in about 1994 she died.  :-"She asks me how the cat's been. I say, 'Moses he's just fine but he used to think about you all the time'."

And everytime I'd hear it, I would cry.   :\'(
Pathetic I suppose, but I loved her dearly.  And she never even got to meet my baby.  :-[

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/04 at 6:27 pm

I am very sorry to here of your pet's passing away, Rio. Losing pets can be as serious as losing a loved one or friend.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/28/04 at 7:23 pm

I am sorry to hear that, Rio.  That made me cry, too.  I had a kitty for 15 years and it about killed me when she died.  My thoughts are with you.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/04 at 7:30 pm

Rio
I am so sorry to hear about that, Rio_Rhodes :\'( Just please try and find comfort in knowing that you brought each other some joy....even if only for a little while :) I'm here for you.

Written By: Hairspray on 06/28/04 at 10:05 pm

Comfort Hugs from me to you.

Written By: Powerslave on 06/29/04 at 1:03 am

Sorry to hear that, Rio. My cat came down with a mild case of cat flu a year or so ago, and managed to survive. Apparently that's pretty unusual, as my vet explained. I have an old husky called Kyra, incidentally. She's going blind and has arthritis, but the vet tell us her heart and lungs are fine. Because I got her as a stray, I have no idea how old she is, and huskies generally only live about 12 years or so. I regularly go and check on her just to make sure she's still alive, and so far she keeps on tickin'.

Written By: goldie on 06/29/04 at 2:09 am

I'm sorry to hear about your kitten, Rio. I hope that you can cherish the time that you had with her and know that she had a good and loving home with you.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/29/04 at 7:46 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your Kyra.  What a big heart you have to take in strays.  My good thoughts are with you.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/29/04 at 8:36 am

I am deeply saddened by your loss of Kyra, Rio. :\'( :\'( As an animal lover, it's hard to accept the death of any of them. We lost two Guinea Pigs over the last couple of years, both at rather young ages...one was quite sudden, and the other was...not quite so sudden. He'd had a stroke or something and we watched him lose the use of his limbs. We took him to the vet and there was nothing they could do but euthanise him. :\'(

I know you had Kyra for such a short time, but you will always have fond memories of her. I know she was a wonderful kitty and you will miss her. My thoughts are with you, always.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/04 at 4:33 pm

I'm so sorry about Kyra's passing. My sister's cat was finally put down a couple of weeks ago. I knew she was sad even though she didn't show it as much as when her dogs died. She still has the one German Shepherd, but he's on the edge of 13 and on his last (front) legs. His hind legs can hardly move, and I don't know if my sister will get another pet.  :(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 06/30/04 at 7:42 am

Ohh Rio how sad.  Hugs to you from me on the loss of Kyra.

Do you have a photo you can share with us ?

It must have been the weekend for it - my oldest friend rang me on Saturday in tears - she had to put her black and white puss Luna down with just a few hours notice.  Puss woke up basically paralysed - vet said nothing could be done.  She was devestated.

Hope you feel better soon Rio.
xxx

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 07/03/04 at 5:33 pm

Oh my god you guys! Thank you so much for all the comfort, it makes feel a lot better, really! I especially loved the poem, it started to make me cry!

I should be getting Kyra's ashes back in a couple days or so, I couldn't bury her because I live in an apartment complex, so I had her cremated and asked for her ashes back. When I get her back I am also going to get a matted frame with a clipping of her fur and a paw print too, so that makes me feel better. Its strange cuz I have never heard of having animals cremated until I moved out to Vegas! Its nice in a way cuz then they can always be with you, just like you'd cremate a loved one. I dunno! I still have my other little kittie Jordan, and she is more than a handful, being only, what, 2 months old? We keep each other company!

Well, thanks again soooooooooo much for all the condolences! I really appreciate them a lot!! Talk to everyone soon! :)

Rio

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/04 at 7:17 pm

Oh my god you guys! Thank you so much for all the comfort, it makes feel a lot better, really! I especially loved the poem, it started to make me cry!

I should be getting Kyra's ashes back in a couple days or so, I couldn't bury her because I live in an apartment complex, so I had her cremated and asked for her ashes back. When I get her back I am also going to get a matted frame with a clipping of her fur and a paw print too, so that makes me feel better. Its strange cuz I have never heard of having animals cremated until I moved out to Vegas! Its nice in a way cuz then they can always be with you, just like you'd cremate a loved one. I dunno! I still have my other little kittie Jordan, and she is more than a handful, being only, what, 2 months old? We keep each other company!

Well, thanks again soooooooooo much for all the condolences! I really appreciate them a lot!! Talk to everyone soon! :)

Rio

I have had 4 of my cats creamated. Still haven't figured out what to do with the ashes yet and it has been many years now. I also have whiskers for a couple of them too. When I lost Sheena, I only had Brandy left from my 4. I went to the Humane Society and adopted a cutie who didn't have a home to help fill that void in my heart. Don't get me wrong, Electra did not REPLACE Sheena but she helped me heal from the loss. Andy also helps now too. (And they are great entertainment to boot.  ;)) You may want to think about adopting another homeless kitty. It may help.

But, I still miss my 4-Swatcha, Bear, Sheena, and Brandy. They will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.

Cat

Written By: jaytee on 07/04/04 at 5:12 pm

Hugs and  :-*  Losing a pet is one of life's sad lessons  :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...