inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Silly product warnings and instructions...

Written By: lorac614 on 06/29/04 at 10:27 am

I was about to give my daughter some cough medicine last night and as I was reading the dosage, I also read the "product warning"...."May cause drowsiness, don't drive a motor vehicle or operate heavy machinery".  I just had to laugh because this was CHILDREN'S cough medicine.

I then got to thinking about some other silly warnings or instructions...

I bought a curling iron, the warning tag said "May cause eye burns", I have never burned my eye, but they should have warned me about neck and ear burns.  >:(

Shampoo:For External Use Only...Heck, I was going to take a big swig and clean my hair from the inside out, thanks for the warning.  ;)

Directions for use on a bottle of shampoo: Lather, rinse, repeat.  I guess if you were raised by wolves and just reintroduced into society these instrutions will come in handy.  :P

What are some silly/interesting things you've read on different products, I'd love to hear some! 

And finally a warning from me, if you happen to give your 3 year old cough medicine, make sure you don't let them drive to work at the factory, we don't want them operating that forklift and hurting themselves or someone else!  ::)

Subject: Re: Silly product warnings and instructions...

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/29/04 at 12:44 pm

Whenever I drink a bottle of Dr Pepper, I have to laugh when I see what is written on the label:  "Point away from face, especially while opening."  Uh, point away from face?  How do I drink the pop then? ???

And, on a bag of peanuts (I forget what brand):  "Warning, may contain nuts" ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/29/04 at 12:45 pm

How about Christmas lights-for indoor/outdoor use ONLY. My question is, what other choice is there?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/29/04 at 4:50 pm

Whenever I drink a bottle of Dr Pepper, I have to laugh when I see what is written on the label:  "Point away from face, especially while opening."  Uh, point away from face?  How do I drink the pop then?

I think they're saying before you open the can not after.If it happens you'll get a load of soda in your face. ;D

Howard

Written By: AssKicker on 06/30/04 at 10:37 am

Cadbury's Chocolate Animals. Suitable for Vegetarians.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/30/04 at 11:43 am

***This is a bit crude***  There are sanitary napkins that advise you to put the tape side down on your underwear.  Thanks for that tip.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/04 at 1:07 pm

We just purchased a new dingy for our boat. It is your basic 10 ft row boat. It came complete with a (something like) 50 page owner's manual. The thing is, it is not JUST for the row boat-I guess it has instructions on an engine too (which we didn't get). Didn't actually read it so I don't know what it says.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 06/30/04 at 2:58 pm

***This is a bit crude***  There are sanitary napkins that advise you to put the tape side down on your underwear.  Thanks for that tip.  :D
::) :-[ :-XWell not everyone shaves down there,so using the sticky side down will prevent a lot of pain when trying t remove it after you use it!!!Cheers!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/30/04 at 3:16 pm

::) :-[ :-XWell not everyone shaves down there,so using the sticky side down will prevent a lot of pain when trying t remove it after you use it!!!Cheers!
Well, I mean I get it, but what kinda masochistic whakadoo would put it tape side up?  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/04 at 4:26 pm

The only thing I have to say to this is-OUCH!!!

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/30/04 at 7:14 pm

The only thing I have to say to this is-OUCH!!!

Cat

I second that. **shudder**

Written By: southernspitfire on 06/30/04 at 7:42 pm

This was the warning sticker on a keychain Mace canister I got back in the 90's

"May irritate eyes"

REALLY?? I would have NEVER guessed that!  :o

Written By: Marian on 06/30/04 at 8:55 pm

Well, I mean I get it, but what kinda masochistic whakadoo would put it tape side up?   ;)
I guess the same kind of people who use thoae strips for removing body hair. :o :oCheers!

Written By: lorac614 on 06/30/04 at 9:54 pm

Ha Ha!!  These are all so funny!!

I remembered another one...on a can of powdered baby formula it says "Must add water".  I wonder if someone actually tried to feed a baby the power??? ???

Written By: oddxsocks on 06/30/04 at 10:44 pm

i had to do a health project on safe sex this year...the one website had the BEST instructions ever, like "go to a store and purchase a condom."  there were several others that were just as obvious, my favourite being "have sex."

no comment. ::) ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...