inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So Who Still Buys CDs?

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/01/04 at 8:23 pm

Downloading off the Internet may be much more convenient, but to me there is still a thrill of buying a new CD.  I love opening the case and seeing the design on the disc.  It's fun and interesting to look at and read the liner notes.  It's fun for me to add a new disc to my CD case.  I dunno, that's just the way I am but I still find a thrill in getting a new CD.

Subject: Re: So Who Still Buys CDs?

Written By: woops on 07/01/04 at 8:46 pm

I still buy CDs & some LPs.  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 07/01/04 at 8:51 pm

I do.  Not often, but I do. 

Written By: Howard on 07/01/04 at 9:11 pm

I still buy my Cds.I'm having trouble burning em' right now.

Howard

Written By: Lanie on 07/01/04 at 10:13 pm

Same here.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 07/02/04 at 12:06 am

I do once in awhile.

Written By: Zella on 07/02/04 at 12:33 am

Downloading off the Internet may be much more convenient, but to me there is still a thrill of buying a new CD.  I love opening the case and seeing the design on the disc.  It's fun and interesting to look at and read the liner notes.  It's fun for me to add a new disc to my CD case.  I dunno, that's just the way I am but I still find a thrill in getting a new CD.

You poor kids today cannot imagine how much more fun that was 30 years ago when you were opening a 12X12 album instead of a little plastic case... :)

Written By: MooRocca on 07/02/04 at 12:56 am

You poor kids today cannot imagine how much more fun that was 30 years ago when you were opening a 12X12 album instead of a little plastic case... :)

Or 25 years ago, stacking 45s on a changer... (whistful sigh)

To answer the title question -- my hubby and I do... and probably way too many of them, but as much as we buy, there's a lot we'd like to have that we do without in the interest of budget and storage space. 

Written By: Stompgal on 07/02/04 at 1:19 am

i still buy CDs, whether they're singles, albums or compilations.

Written By: oddxsocks on 07/02/04 at 2:03 am

i still buy CDs.

A) i run a dial-up connection and i'm not allowed to download kazaa/winmx/etc, so it's totally worthless to spend hours searching google for entire albums where i don't have to register for 143541354 sites. ::)
B) CD INSERTS SMELL GOOD.  seriously.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/02/04 at 2:46 am

Eh, every once in a while I'll by CDs or vinyl.  8)

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/02/04 at 7:02 am

I still buy them. 

But everyone who said this is right: they are nothing at all like it was to buy an album back in the day, or to stack a few of them on the stereo...those were the days  :)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/02/04 at 10:05 am

B) CD INSERTS SMELL GOOD.  seriously.

Especially from Columbia ;D

Written By: karen on 07/02/04 at 10:41 am

I buy the occasional one.

In all honesty I have never even tried to work out if I could download stuff I liked.  Its probably banned at work anyhow

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/02/04 at 12:45 pm

Years ago I used to work for Sam Goody, and I went a bit crazy buying CD's because of the generous discount we were allowed.  I remember how excited I'd be after I bought a album.  I'd take it home, unwrap it and play it immediately (while reading the liner notes)!  That was so much fun!

Nowadays I still buy CD's but only on occasion.  I have most of the songs I want so now I just concentrate on finding the uncommon or rare stuff.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/04 at 12:55 pm

I buy and buy and buy. I have ran out of room on my CD stand so now most of the new ones are piled up on the stereo. Need to get a new stand-but that may be in the works. Sometimes I will also buy vinyl at yard sales but my turntable needs to be repaired-probably just needs to be cleaned. It makes a 45 sound like a 33. (Those of you who are familar with vinyl, know what I mean.)

Cat

Written By: Marian on 07/02/04 at 2:16 pm

I buy and buy and buy. I have ran out of room on my CD stand so now most of the new ones are piled up on the stereo. Need to get a new stand-but that may be in the works. Sometimes I will also buy vinyl at yard sales but my turntable needs to be repaired-probably just needs to be cleaned. It makes a 45 sound like a 33. (Those of you who are familar with vinyl, know what I mean.)

Cat
;D :D :DMe too!I buy Cds and an occsasional album.I love reading liner notes,too.Cheers!

Written By: Bobby on 07/02/04 at 6:20 pm

I was quite a pirate up until a couple of months ago. I have bought a lot of CDs since - I can now dictate the quality of the recording I want.  :)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/02/04 at 9:49 pm

Years ago I used to work for Sam Goody, and I went a bit crazy buying CD's because of the generous discount we were allowed.  I remember how excited I'd be after I bought a album.  I'd take it home, unwrap it and play it immediately (while reading the liner notes)!  That was so much fun!

Cool!  That's just how I am! ;D

Do you think they still offer a generous discount?  I might have to get me a job there.. ??? :D

Written By: Wicked on 07/02/04 at 11:19 pm

I still buy CDs a lot.  I haven't ever downloaded music.  I hate computers and it wouldn't work anyway.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/04 at 10:03 am

It seems like yesterday we were buying vinyl and 8-Track Tapes,now everyone is buying CD's.what a difference 20 years makes. :o

Howard

Written By: My name is Kenny on 07/03/04 at 10:49 am

I used to buy 'em, like, five at a time.  Money constraints prevent me from buying too much lately.

Written By: Junior on 07/03/04 at 11:46 am

I buy some, burn some. For example, I found an out-of-print CD and tour-only CD that I burnt from Soulseek. Yet, just the other day, I bought new CDs from the Black Keys and Piebald from the bookstore Borders.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/03/04 at 12:56 pm

Cool!  That's just how I am! ;D

Do you think they still offer a generous discount?  I might have to get me a job there.. ??? :D

Hi lebeiw!  :)

More than likely they would still offer a good discount there.  Since you love music so much I would definitely recommend applying there.  ;) 

Written By: camaro on 07/03/04 at 1:51 pm

I still buy some. Not as much as I used to but occasionally I do.

Written By: Gis on 07/03/04 at 2:07 pm

Me,I still buy them.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 07/03/04 at 6:04 pm

I still buy CDs once in awhile, I just recently bought an greatest hits CD of Iggy Pop, and I bought Jets "Get Born", that is an awesome CD by the way!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 07/03/04 at 10:22 pm

We very rarely buy CD's anymore, unless one of us is extremely desperate for an album in any format (like I am at the moment). We buy records all the time. They're cheaper and a great format. I do remember, too, the pleasure of opening up the plastic on an album to reveal the contents inside, but unfortunately, very few of our records are brand new. So now it's more of a case of hoping that the contents inside are original and intact!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: resinchaser on 07/04/04 at 12:04 am

I still buy CDs. I just bought the new Tragically Hip CD. I might download a lot of stuff, but I still believe in supporting the bands that I love. Besides I love the feeling of buying a CD of a band I like.

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/04/04 at 1:08 pm

I buy some, burn some. For example, I found an out-of-print CD and tour-only CD that I burnt from Soulseek. Yet, just the other day, I bought new CDs from the Black Keys and Piebald from the bookstore Borders.

which one you got from the Black Keys? 

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/04/04 at 4:05 pm

I love the feeling & the smell of unwrappng a new CD.  :D

I will of course, download music for free, but I ALWAYS support my favorite artists, such as Tool & A Perfect Circle among others.  The only thing I will download from Tool or APC are rare interviews, live recordings or concert footage that I can't get elsewhere. ;)

Written By: jaytee on 07/04/04 at 4:55 pm

I buy CDs all the time - for me and for the kids.  I buy a lot as gifts.  Buying a CD is nowhere near as exciting as buying an LP :(  I wouldn't have a clue how to download music from the internet.

Written By: nally on 07/04/04 at 5:38 pm

Same here. In fact, I haven't bought any CD's in the past two years. If I buy any, I like to use my Best Buy gift cards.

Written By: Junior on 07/04/04 at 10:24 pm

which one you got from the Black Keys? 

Thickfreakness. I want The Big Come Up. I also heard they are coming out with a third album, Rubber Factory, in September.

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/05/04 at 1:38 am

Thickfreakness. I want The Big Come Up. I also heard they are coming out with a third album, Rubber Factory, in September.

I got the Big Come up....its...weird....yeah, and im a huge blues fan, and I called it weird..I dont know, I havent listened to it in like a year, so maybe I should again

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/07 at 8:50 pm

I only usually buy CDs that I can actually find in stores.  Most of the music I listen to never gets released over here, so I usually just stick with mp3s, unless I can find CDs that I want at good prices

I could just get all the CDs I want at import prices, but heck, I ain't no rich man.  Paying 40-50 bucks for 1 CD is for the birds

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/23/07 at 8:50 pm

I go for the CD's as often as possible.

Written By: Apricot on 01/23/07 at 9:06 pm

I don't have the financial means usually, but I buy whenever possible, usually good-condition used from Amazon.com.. saves a lot of money.

I try to pay every artist back in some way if I listen to enough of their music.. it's not rigid, but I think they get their money.

Written By: Jessica on 01/23/07 at 9:07 pm

I don't have the financial means usually, but I buy whenever possible, usually good-condition used from Amazon.com.. saves a lot of money.

I try to pay every artist back in some way if I listen to enough of their music.. it's not rigid, but I think they get their money.

Try here, too:

http://www.cheap-cds.com

I used to buy a lot of CDs from here. Now I'm poor. ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/23/07 at 9:10 pm

If it's available in store or on local auction/ cd store sites then yes of course. But there are a few CDs that I have to download for free as they are not available in NZ. And I would rather not pay near $60 for a $25 CD.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/23/07 at 9:14 pm

When I buy CDs, it's always in Best Buy or circuit city when they're on sale for 10 bucks or so, usually when a new album is released you can see it at that price.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/23/07 at 11:47 pm

All the time. ;)

Usually it's from used/secondhand shops, though. Even new stuff tends to have some copies floating around within a couple months.

Written By: rich1981 on 01/23/07 at 11:55 pm

I still do, though I try to get them used (but with original artwork intact) wherever I can, including amazon.com, ebay and second hand stores.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/24/07 at 12:14 am

I like buying CD's because it's like having a small album/LP, and the album covers are instantly recognized. When my friends come over to play poker, we always take turns picking out a cd to listen too & they enjoy looking through my collection of music and picking out what they want to hear. We'll play a good 5-8 hours of non stop music on poker nights, depending on how late we go.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mYp.LZF5zYAmISjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12jda57at/EXP=1169705385/**http%3A//www.echoooo.com/music/album/m-c/magical_mystery_tour.jpg

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 12:16 am

I still haven't bought any CD's in a few years...but there's still some that I'd like to get. My CD library is very small.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/24/07 at 12:20 am

I have close to 500 CDs.....and yet I still buy them.  I'm starting to run out of room, but if it's something I really want, I buy it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/24/07 at 12:22 am

I'm sure if I jumped ship and got an ipod I would appreciate the convenience and storage value, but I haven't felt like I needed one. It's still CDs for me  8)  I love going to the record store and taking my time looking through the Rock section.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/24/07 at 12:23 am

I'm sure if I jumped ship and got an ipod I would appreciate the convenience and storage value, but I haven't felt like I needed one. It's still CDs for me  8)  I love going to the record store and taking my time looking through the Rock section.

iPods are cool!  I love mine.  I take it with me everywhere.  It's more convenient than lugging around a CD player and CDs, but sometimes I bring both if I haven't put it on my iPod yet.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/24/07 at 12:27 am

iPods are cool!  I love mine.  I take it with me everywhere.  It's more convenient than lugging around a CD player and CDs, but sometimes I bring both if I haven't put it on my iPod yet.
maybe one day I'll take the plunge, but seeing as I'm shopping for a stereo cabinet so I can set up my new stereo with record player, it doesn't look like I'm interested in going high tech for my music. As for lugging around a cd player and cd's yeah, that's a hassle, but I've done it for years and it's ok.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/07 at 12:34 am

The last NEW CD I bought was "Studio 1" by All Saints, shortly before Christmas.  Apart from an old 1991 Heavy Metal CD by Lee Aaron that I bought at a thrift shop, I hadn't bought a CD since before Christmas of 2005

Nowadays, if I'm gonna buy a CD, I check the used record shops, cause in the past I have found that when I buy a newly released CD brand new, the next day or so, I see it used for half the price

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 12:38 am

There are a couple of CD's I have in mind that I'd like to buy...I won't say which ones though.

Nowadays, if I'm gonna buy a CD, I check the used record shops, cause in the past I have found that when I buy a newly released CD brand new, the next day or so, I see it used for half the price

That's a good tactic; sometimes I listen to online snippets of an album before I go out and by it...I don't wanna get a cd and find out that I can't stand two or three or more of the tracks. :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/24/07 at 12:53 am

I've been known to buy a CD just to get one song, if I lke the song enough

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 1:13 am

I have 5 of Weird Al's CD's...and at first I didn't care for many of his original songs...but I listen to 'em anyway. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/24/07 at 10:08 am

I have 5 of Weird Al's CD's...and at first I didn't care for many of his original songs...but I listen to 'em anyway. :)

Do you have any non-Weird Al CD's?

Written By: Step-chan on 01/24/07 at 10:15 am

I do!

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/24/07 at 10:15 am

I do!

I have a feeling you own ever Nirvana release... Including EP's and singles. Am I correct?

Written By: karen on 01/24/07 at 10:17 am

I bet he owns Shakira's Laundry Service album

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/24/07 at 10:18 am

Maybe he recorded it all off the radio.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/24/07 at 11:57 am

I've got around 150 or so CD's, and I still buy them when I can. I don't buy quite as many CD's as I did before I got a high speed internet connection(and started downloading songs), about half a year ago though.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/07 at 12:07 pm

If he doesn't, then he's been misleading us ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/24/07 at 1:47 pm

I buy a few here and there. I've never been able to afford CD's all that much, so I don't have a huge collection of mainstream pop stuff - but I think I have made wise investments when buying a CD, and that may be why I don't have that many of them. (with maybe a few misses such as Britney Spears and buying the soundtrack to "Wild Wild West" with hard earned summer job money, lol).

One a different note, I did (and still do) buy classical CD's at a much faster rate. The reason: because you can get them pretty cheap. Naxos has a budget line of classical music and you can generally get them at $7 or less. And, since Tower Records had a wonderful budget selection, I use to buy them all the time.

I do miss the thrill of buying a new CD from time to time. I often remember back to the time I bought my first CD at Sears in 1991 (I don't know why I remember this, but I guess because they were new to me - they made quite an impression at the time). I bought actually three that day -  Beethoven, Mozart, & Tchaikovsky and I still listen to them!

Written By: Howard on 01/24/07 at 3:37 pm

I still buy CDs.I just look for the bargains.

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 4:42 pm

As a matter of fact, I do! I bought it at Best Buy on May 4, 2002. :)

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 4:43 pm

And for the record, I also own a 2-CD set with jazz music...and a dance compilation CD which a friend of mine made for our aerobic routine in November 2004.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/24/07 at 4:48 pm

Wow... Why do you remember that?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/24/07 at 4:48 pm

I do, though not very often...

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 4:52 pm

Wow... Why do you remember that?

Because it was a CD that I really wanted to buy. It was sometime in March (just two months before) when I had decided in favor of purchasing it. I'd listened to 30-second snippets of each track on Shakira's official website, and they all sounded like really good songs.

And when I got home that day, I opened up the cd and popped it into my CD player, and enjoyed every single track from start to finish. O0

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/24/07 at 5:31 pm

I don't have to buy them, they send them to me!

Certain labels are now requiring those on the "promo copy" list download it from their site.

I hope that's not the trend.

I used to just have to rip open the package and there it would be.  Now, and I'm talking to you ECM and Metropolis, you have to have this or that passcode and then download the music onto CD-R.
The record company that still sends out actualy play copies will get more airplay. 
I mean, I'm talking college/indie radio.  The commercial stations are just legalized payola.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/07 at 6:07 pm

Did you get the Special Edition with the Bonus DVD?

Written By: nally on 01/25/07 at 12:44 am

Did you get the Special Edition with the Bonus DVD?

Uhm, no. Just the CD was all I was interested in. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/25/07 at 2:56 pm

I do once in a while.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/25/07 at 2:58 pm

I have a feeling you own ever Nirvana release... Including EP's and singles. Am I correct?

Majority of them before some got stolen from my apartment last year.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/07 at 3:00 pm

Majority of them before some got stolen from my apartment last year.

Did you keep the rest?

Written By: Step-chan on 01/25/07 at 3:01 pm

Did you keep the rest?

Yes, and have replaced a couple since then.....

Written By: Howard on 01/25/07 at 3:02 pm

Yes, and have replaced a couple since then.....

newer CDs?

Written By: Step-chan on 01/25/07 at 3:03 pm

newer CDs?

Newer copies of the stolen ones, still have 4 to go.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/07 at 3:03 pm

i don't download anything...but i'm not looking for anything new, either. if i need somehting, i can probabaly get it from someone i know.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/07 at 3:04 pm

I still buy DVDs since VHS's are going out of style.

Written By: Marian on 01/25/07 at 3:18 pm

me

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 01/25/07 at 3:19 pm

Of course I still buy CDs.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/07 at 3:34 pm

going out of style?  They are already out of style ;D

You don't even see new movies gettign a VHS release lol

Written By: woops on 01/25/07 at 3:56 pm

I still buy CDs

Though I also collect some records and VHS tapes  8) :D

Written By: nally on 01/25/07 at 8:02 pm

Yes, they're being phased out...what a shame. I guess the thing to do is get a DVD player if you want to rent a movie. :-\\

You don't even see new movies getting a VHS release lol

I know... ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:07 pm

Yes, they're being phased out...what a shame. I guess the thing to do is get a DVD player if you want to rent a movie. :-\\

I know... ::)

DVD > VHS.  You mean to say that you don't have $30 to buy a sh!tty DVD player?

Written By: nally on 01/25/07 at 8:28 pm

DVD > VHS.  You mean to say that you don't have $30 to buy a sh!tty DVD player?

That's NOT what I'm saying. We have been sticking to our VCR's for about 20 years now. We watch our old videos, and tape things every day. And for the record, our current VCR does have a built in DVD player. So that's covered.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:32 pm

That's NOT what I'm saying. We have been sticking to our VCR's for about 20 years now. We watch our old videos, and tape things every day. And for the record, our current VCR does have a built in DVD player. So that's covered.

Soooooooooooooooooo...the problem is..............?

DVDs are compact, cheap (especially for re-releases of movies) and last longer than VHS assuming you know how to take care of your stuff.  Dunno what issue is.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:34 pm

People tape things on VHS?  Good God....I have a DVD recorder.  Either that or I use torrents online, burn them to a DVD that way and then watch them.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:36 pm

People tape things on VHS?  Good God....I have a DVD recorder.  Either that or I use torrents online, burn them to a DVD that way and then watch them.

Or they use TiVo :)  Or YouTube.

I figure I'll think about getting a DVD-R later on when I upgrade my computer...way in the future.  I'm gonna use this one until it explodes on me :D

Written By: Apricot on 01/25/07 at 8:36 pm

Maybe it's sentimental value? Some people get attached to old stuff, even something like a VHS.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:38 pm

Maybe it's sentimental value? Some people get attached to old stuff, even something like a VHS.

I still have a ton of tapes, but those are old ones.  I haven't bought a new VHS tape in about 7 years.  You can't get all the cool bonuses, extra material and whatnot that I like on VHS.  You need DVD for that.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:39 pm

I still keep my VHS tapes but stopped collecting VHS media years ago when I got a DVD player.  I'm sure people less than 45 years of age don't use 8-track either :D

I bought some VHS movies off ebay about 5 years ago because they were super cheap.

Written By: Apricot on 01/25/07 at 8:40 pm

I still have a ton of tapes, but those are old ones.  I haven't bought a new VHS tape in about 7 years.  You can't get all the cool bonuses, extra material and whatnot that I like on VHS.  You need DVD for that.

You actually watch the bonuses and stuff? I've never been a fan of that.. the deleted scenes are usually deleted for a reason. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:40 pm

You actually watch the bonuses and stuff? I've never been a fan of that.. the deleted scenes are usually deleted for a reason. ;D

They're kind of fun but not essential for the enjoyment of a movie.  That's why they're called "bonus" ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:46 pm

Ummm, why would I buy it if I didn't want to watch it?  There's usually documentaries, making-ofs, stuff like that.  I'm into that stuff.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/07 at 8:52 pm

What I hate is when DVD movies come out with a second disc of bonus features because the stores jack up the price because there is 2 Discs.  All I really want is the movie

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:53 pm

What I hate is when DVD movies come out with a second disc of bonus features because the stores jack up the price because there is 2 Discs.  All I really want is the movie

You have to know where to buy them.  I can get those DVDs at or near the same price as the movie minus the special features.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:54 pm

The interesting part of this is that you don't actually have to buy it ;)  But some movies will come out with multiple editions, some with the movie only and some with the uber-special edition crap.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:56 pm

The interesting part of this is that you don't actually have to buy it ;)  But some movies will come out with multiple editions, some with the movie only and some with the uber-special edition crap.

Oh look at that.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/25/07 at 8:57 pm

Oh look at that.

I'm special!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Vinfan/special_ed.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/25/07 at 8:57 pm

I'm special!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Vinfan/special_ed.jpg

EL YAY!!!!

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/26/07 at 2:46 am

I love special features, especially deleted scenes and director commentaries/interviews.

In fact, I almost feel better about buying a DVD that I already own on VHS if it has Extras. If it's just the bare bones movie and I technically already own it, I feel like I'm wasting money, lol. I enjoy archiving things, so I still tape TV shows (though I do plan to get a DVD recorder at some point, they're not too expensive). It's not just for the show, but it's almost like time capsule.

BTW, I can understand both points too. I love what I grew up with, so I'm bonded to my existing VHS tapes (same with cassettes for music), but I can accept new things as well and I've come to embrace DVDs. I admit it took awhile for me to warm up to it, though. In the late '90s and early '00s I was alot more freaked out about that happening, because the tech was so new and I didn't want it to replace all I'd known up till that point.

When I was like 17-20 I felt more like a grandpa than I do now. Although I still kinda do. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/26/07 at 6:14 am

going out of style?  They are already out of style ;D

You don't even see new movies gettign a VHS release lol

They haven't been in style since the 80's.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/26/07 at 10:05 am

They haven't been in style since the 80's.

VHS were still the dominant format through the late '90s. DVD didn't become something more people had in their homes until, like 2001/'02. Yes, their glory days were the '80s, especially starting about 1984 (once they got cheap and common enough for people besides total Yuppies to afford them), but they had a VERY strong footing in most of the '90s too.

First you claimed they were "going out of style" as if were a verb in the present, then you said not since the '80s. I'm a little confused by your logic bro, lol.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/26/07 at 10:29 am

I'm a little confused by your logic bro, lol.

We all are... Always.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/07 at 2:45 pm

VHS were still the dominant format through the late '90s. DVD didn't become something more people had in their homes until, like 2001/'02. Yes, their glory days were the '80s, especially starting about 1984 (once they got cheap and common enough for people besides total Yuppies to afford them), but they had a VERY strong footing in most of the '90s too.

First you claimed they were "going out of style" as if were a verb in the present, then you said not since the '80s. I'm a little confused by your logic bro, lol.

The 80's what I meant was before DVD's existed.

Written By: woops on 01/26/07 at 4:00 pm

I like "special edition" DVDs or those with many bonus features, though depending on the film like the ones from several Disney movies/"Treasure" sets and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection that I've found interesting

Check for new replies or respond here...