inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do You Remember Roller Derby?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 9:58 pm

I Remember AND Miss ;)

http://www.baycitybombers.com/s5.jpg

Subject: Re: Do You Remember Roller Derby?

Written By: woops on 07/01/04 at 10:02 pm

"I Don't Remember & Don't Miss"

Written By: Lanie on 07/01/04 at 10:13 pm

Don't Remember-Don't Miss

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 10:14 pm

"I Don't Remember & Don't Miss"

I thought you'd at least lie from the pic I posted :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 10:16 pm

Don't Remember-Don't Miss
Darn you "Young-ins  ;)

Written By: woops on 07/02/04 at 1:14 am

I thought you'd at least lie from the pic I posted :D

I would've, but the woman in the middle of the picture looks a bit like Jessica Simpson. Whom I find a bit annoying since her & Nick Lachey's "Tuna/Chicken" episode of "Newlyweds"

Written By: oddxsocks on 07/02/04 at 2:05 am

i actually remember it!  i only saw it once a few years back, but it was entertaining. :)

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/02/04 at 2:45 am

I don't remember but I miss it.

Just kidding...I remember it.  Good stuff.  :)

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/02/04 at 7:03 am

Don't miss and remember it.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/02/04 at 7:12 am

Miss and Remember It

I remember the girls called the Thunderbirds  :)

Written By: TripsMom on 07/02/04 at 10:14 am

Miss and Remember It

You took the words right out of my mouth. The Thunderbirds were my favorite.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/02/04 at 12:52 pm

I have a vague recollection of them.  :)

Written By: AL-B on 07/02/04 at 4:19 pm

I remember it and kind of miss it. I remember the L.A. T-Birds as being the "good" team. I also remember there was a "bad" team (I forget what city they were supposed to hail from) called the "Devils." The Devils had a manager who was a red-haired, bespectacled middle-aged woman named Georgia Haase. (She reminded me of a really mean schoolteacher.) The announcer would always say, "We're here with Mrs. Georgia Haase..." and she'd always snap back in a really vicious tone, "That's MS. Georgia Haase!"  I always thought that was really funny.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Banasy on 07/02/04 at 7:45 pm

My friend Peggy's Dad used to work at the Hammond Civic Center, and we got all kinds of free tix...RD was one of them! What a cheesy riot that was! Great 'tainment...up there with wrassling, which we also got tix for! :)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/02/04 at 11:00 pm

Don't Remember-Don't Miss  :)

Written By: ProgShred on 07/03/04 at 5:25 am

I never missed a T-Bird match. They would always pull off a win in the end. They had a fat girl who wore the number DC10. ;D  Usually the ladie T-Birds would be losing the match because they didn't cheat as much as the Devils or the Bombers, although Skinny Minnie was awsome and scored a lot of points to keep it close. Then the men would finish the match and even though the other teams cheated more, the T-Bird men were always tougher and faster and would win the game in the final seconds. :D ::) HORRAY!!!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/03/04 at 7:56 am

I never missed a T-Bird match. They would always pull off a win in the end. They had a fat girl who wore the number DC10. ;D  Usually the ladie T-Birds would be losing the match because they didn't cheat as much as the Devils or the Bombers, although Skinny Minnie was awsome and scored a lot of points to keep it close. Then the men would finish the match and even though the other teams cheated more, the T-Bird men were always tougher and faster and would win the game in the final seconds. :D ::) HORRAY!!!

GASP !!!  :o

You mean.....it was FIXED ?  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

;)

Written By: Paul on 07/03/04 at 6:12 pm

Other: Never heard of it...!!

One of those things that never really caught on here...we were probably still getting to grips with Hula Hoops...

Mind you, I do remember a violent (for its time) B-flick called 'Rollerball' doing the rounds - not exactly the same, but it did involve skates...

Sadly, I did get involved with the death-traps known as skateboards, but that's another story...and a bloody painful one, at that...!!

Written By: jaytee on 07/04/04 at 5:16 pm

Remember it and miss it.

My brother worked at Brisbane's Festival Hall and saw it many times.  He would bring home the programs and we would love reading about everyone.

Ralphie Valaderez (s/p)  from the T-birds was my favourite.  The bad guys were from New York (the Bombers) if memory serves.  Some of those women were scary.

Check for new replies or respond here...