inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me name a puppy...

Written By: lorac614 on 07/02/04 at 4:38 pm

We're on our way to look at a puppy.  It's a male Chesapeake Bay Retriever and brown in color.  I'm not any good at picking unique names, so some suggestions would be great!!  We already have a Chocolate Lab named Jake (Jackson Brownie is his AKC name).

Thanks!!

Subject: Re: Help me name a puppy...

Written By: Bobby on 07/02/04 at 6:15 pm

What about Charlie Brown?  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/04 at 7:33 pm

It's kind of hard coming up with a name without seeing him. Can you post a pic? That would help.

Cat

Written By: Banasy on 07/02/04 at 7:36 pm

What about Charlie Brown?  :D

That is cute.....FB might approve!  Although FB is the top dog in my humble.... ;) :-*

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/02/04 at 8:17 pm

We had 2 Norge Elghuns named. Freya and Gudrun.  We almost named our second dog Idunn (pronounced Eden)  For boys I am partial to Odin, Ole(pronounced oh lee) Thor, Loki. Because I am married I couldn't pick our dogs names.  Our eldest( a German Shepherd/Bassit Hound cross) is named Oscar Mayer Wiener.  Our youngest (Finnish Spitz/ English Springer Spaniel cross) is simply named Jack.
God lyk!

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/02/04 at 10:49 pm

I would suggest Coco or Cocoa, but that wouldn't be too original. How about Chaser (my dad's late dog) or Elvis?

Written By: Wicked on 07/02/04 at 11:23 pm

What about Moose or Truck?    :o  ;)

Written By: ProgShred on 07/03/04 at 2:55 am

I don't usually name a pet until I've had it for about a week or so, to get to know the personality. I usually give my pets a name that decribes how they are, rather than how they look.

One exception was with a stray cat who had beady eyes. We used to call him Beady Eyes when he was just a stray. When he became freindly and we adopted him, we found out that he was a real sweetheart. Since he is a big male, I didn't want to call him sweetheart or anything like that, so I just changed the spelling to BDI's.

Written By: Bobby on 07/03/04 at 4:23 am

We had 2 Norge Elghuns named. Freya and Gudrun.  We almost named our second dog Idunn (pronounced Eden)  For boys I am partial to Odin, Ole(pronounced oh lee) Thor, Loki. Because I am married I couldn't pick our dogs names.  Our eldest( a German Shepherd/Bassit Hound cross) is named Oscar Mayer Wiener.  Our youngest (Finnish Spitz/ English Springer Spaniel cross) is simply named Jack.
God lyk!

Your pets names have a Nordish Scandivanian mythological sound to their name.  :)

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/03/04 at 7:37 am

Yep, our first two family dogs were named after Norse goddesses.  Gudrun  (pronounced good run) was also my great aunts name.  With the exception of my youngest  dog I would always prefer a non-human name.  Heck my eldest is named after a hot dog!
God lyk!

Written By: Mangoo on 07/03/04 at 9:14 am

Name him "Rolo"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/04 at 10:44 am

I don't usually name a pet until I've had it for about a week or so, to get to know the personality. I usually give my pets a name that decribes how they are, rather than how they look.

One exception was with a stray cat who had beady eyes. We used to call him Beady Eyes when he was just a stray. When he became freindly and we adopted him, we found out that he was a real sweetheart. Since he is a big male, I didn't want to call him sweetheart or anything like that, so I just changed the spelling to BDI's.

I agree that names should be a bit personal. That is why I asked for a pic. (By the way, love your avitar.  ;))

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/04 at 11:01 am

Thor

Written By: lorac614 on 07/03/04 at 11:07 am

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds/photos/chesapeakebayretrievers.jpg

This what the breed looks like, sort of like a Chocolate Lab with wavy hair.

We still haven't picked a name, my 3 year old wants to call him either "Best Friend" or "Pickle"!   :)

Thanks for trying to help, but I guess I need to wait and see what his "personality" is like, right now he's still a little scared, I guess since this is his first time away from his mother and litter mates. 

Written By: Fett69 on 07/03/04 at 1:15 pm

We named the dog Indiana.  ;D

Written By: Marian on 07/03/04 at 2:20 pm

I would suggest Coco or Cocoa, but that wouldn't be too original. How about Chaser (my dad's late dog) or Elvis?
8) 8)Everly would be good,too. ;)Or how a bout Ursus,Cappuccino,Sugar Daddy,Milk Dud,Mr.Goodbar,Hershey,Ghiradelli,Tiger Eye,Mocha,Or Godiva?Cheers!

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 07/03/04 at 6:03 pm

Is the puppy male or female? Cuz I can think of a ton of puppy names....I work at a dog grooming salon! I have so many dogs that come in with so many great names!!! You can also check out names on the internet! There are a ton of sites to check out specifically for naming dogs!

Rio

Written By: lorac614 on 07/03/04 at 6:05 pm

Is the puppy male or female? Cuz I can think of a ton of puppy names....I work at a dog grooming salon! I have so many dogs that come in with so many great names!!! You can also check out names on the internet! There are a ton of sites to check out specifically for naming dogs!

Rio

The puppy is male.

I'll have to check into sites for naming dogs.  Thanks!

Written By: AL-B on 07/03/04 at 7:55 pm

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds/photos/chesapeakebayretrievers.jpg

This what the breed looks like, sort of like a Chocolate Lab with wavy hair.

We still haven't picked a name, my 3 year old wants to call him either "Best Friend" or "Pickle"!   :)

Thanks for trying to help, but I guess I need to wait and see what his "personality" is like, right now he's still a little scared, I guess since this is his first time away from his mother and litter mates. 
For some reason, the name "Bowser" comes to mind.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/04/04 at 9:13 am

You forgot Russell Stover, Peter Paul, Whitman, Ovaltine, and Nesquik, Marian. ;D  ;)

8) 8)Everly would be good,too. ;)Or how a bout Ursus,Cappuccino,Sugar Daddy,Milk Dud,Mr.Goodbar,Hershey,Ghiradelli,Tiger Eye,Mocha,Or Godiva?Cheers!

Check for new replies or respond here...