inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone ever been bullied?

Written By: Stompgal on 07/04/04 at 3:48 pm

I have. The most recent time was last year at school. I was mostly bullied by boys at school, so they're the worst physical bullies. Girls, on the other hand, are the worst verbal bullies, but I still think that physical bullying is worse. A boy teased me by showing me Page 3 pictures in The Sun, so I told a couple of teachers about it. A girl made fun of my toothbrush, so I stopped taking it to school with me until I left. School is a very common place whre bullying takes place, but I was bullied about my toothbrush and my PS2 because I took it to school for an art exam in my mocks, but I damaged it and had it replaced. Both boys and girls called my toothbrush a 'vibr8or' but I was haning around with a group of boys one lunchtime and I accidentaly switched my electric toothbrush on. Some girls even threw a manual one around in the toilets one lunchtime, so my friend gave it back to me and we reported the incident to some teaching assistants.

Subject: Re: Has anyone ever been bullied?

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/04/04 at 4:49 pm

No, I was never bullied in school.  I was pretty much a b!tch back then & noone ever bothered me or they'd get their a$$ kicked ;)

I'm not nessecarily PROUD that I was that way, but ya gotta fight back if you want to survive in today's society. 

Written By: resinchaser on 07/04/04 at 4:57 pm

I'm not nessecarily PROUD that I was that way, but ya gotta fight back if you want to survive in today's society. 

Damn straight! I'm happy I was bullied in high school. Even if was only for a brief moment in grade 7. I had transferred to a new school and I really stuck out like a sore thumb. But once I was comfortable, I made it clear to everyone that I wasn't gonna take any crap.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/04/04 at 4:59 pm

I always managed to have a couple of bruisers for buddies.  On the rare occasion that anyone tried to screw with me, they ended up regretting it.

Written By: Jessica on 07/04/04 at 5:23 pm

Yep. I was raised without a spine, so I never fought back....until I was in high school. ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/04/04 at 6:07 pm

I was picked on alot (like most kids) but only really bullied once.  A girl was walking home the same way I went, through the cemetary.  She threatend to bash my f***ing head into an f***ing headstone until I was dead because she didn't like me walking with one of her friends.  I told my big sister who threatened to kick her butt at a party and she never bothered me again.  I was a wimp, though...never fought back.

Written By: AL-B on 07/04/04 at 6:25 pm

It's funny this topic came up, because I've been out of high school for 15 years are there are people I went to school with who are STILL d*ckheads to me. Last night the small town I grew up in had its annual street dance in the parking lot of the local shopping plaza. And in this plaza is a bar, and each year there's basically an unofficial all-class reunion there. I went into the bar, hung out for a while, and then went outside to the street dance. After about an hour outside, a severe thunderstorm came in and just freakin' DRENCHED the place. (And of course I was yelling, "WET T-SHIRT CONTEST!!!") I managed to find shelter and stay dry and after the storm had passed, I went back to the bar, but they weren't letting anyone in (yet there were people going out, go figure).
I waitedd at the door for about 10 minutes and the guy at the door (whom I went to school with and whose dad owns the bar)finally says, "Yeah, you can come in."  So I go inside and one of his buddies was standing just past the door (I also went to school with this guy and he's always been a real d*ckhead) and he goes, "How come they let YOU in here?" I looked him in the eye and said, "Do you work here?" And he said, "No." And I then asked, "Do you run this bar?" And he said, "No." I then said, "Well, shut the f*ck up then," and walked away.  Man that felt good! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/04 at 6:52 pm

Bullies come in all shapes, sizes and ages...yet they ALL have something in common...they are all insecure about themselves in some way so they think it's cool to hurt others. I like it when they mature and come clean about thier problems.  It doesn't happen often but it's nice when things get resolved ;)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/04/04 at 7:17 pm

Have I  ever been bullied?  YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!
I think my parents are mostly to blame though, for forcing us to endure such torment.  With 5 kids, 4 of which were girls, I guess they didn't think they were able to buy us enough clothes.  I used to wear clothes that my brother used to wear.  I probably used to wear clothes that my MOM'S brother used to wear!...pretty gross huh? Yes, my sisters and I had to share just about everything.... :-[   And my mom would try to make us go at least 2 days in a row wearing the EXACT SAME OUTFIT!  Of course, when you're little, and you're not taught anything about how to dress or to keep your hair nicely combed...well you don't think you're doing anything wrong...
But the kids at school do!!! They make fun of your clothes, the stupid little berets you had to wear, your long bangs that needed to be trimmed, your super long hair that you weren't allowed to get cut (yes I wasn't allowed to chop my hair off until after 9th grade!).  Anyway, when you get to the age where you realize just how ugly and embarassing your clothes are, you start asking your mom to buy you new clothes...and really, it's not like she couldn't afford it!  2 kids are already out of the house and dad the rocket sciencist bringing home enough bacon to not get any govt assistance...or whatever. But what does mom say?  "You've GOT clothes, see?"  I don't think I had any new clothes until 7th grade.  Until then I had to wear ugly hand-me-downs which included: bell-bottoms (they were still out of style back then), "stretchy pants" that had this little band that goes around your feet...all kinds of things.  So you can just imagine how much I was tormented throughout elementary (by the girls mostly)
By the time I got to Junior High, it was just me&my little sister left at home, so mom ACTUALLY started buying us clothes...only problem was, we were still fashion-retarded.  Thus, creating potential for even more bullying.  Yeah in elementary I was mocked for wearing bell-bottoms; Junior High, I was tortured for my high-waters...gee I guess I just can't keep up with the times!

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/04/04 at 7:37 pm

yup, I was bullied a fatso as a matter of fact.  I now thank god that my family had no handguns in the house.
God lyk!

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/04 at 8:00 pm

Hmm! I was verbally bullied but no one tried anything physical. I was quite a lone wolf really, had a circle of friends and wanted nothing to do with anyone else. I think I was verbally bullied out of curiosity more than anything.  ::)

Written By: Stompgal on 07/05/04 at 2:12 am

darn straight! I'm happy I was bullied in high school. Even if was only for a brief moment in grade 7. I had transferred to a new school and I really stuck out like a sore thumb. But once I was comfortable, I made it clear to everyone that I wasn't gonna take any crap.

Is grade 7 your first high school year? If so, then in Britain, Secondary school students always start it in Year 7.

Written By: Ripp on 07/05/04 at 2:19 am

Yes, I'm regularly bullied. In 9 days it's my birthday, though, and I'm hoping I'm not bullied then. It's a school morning; I got up early thinking that the open day at a high school would be early and it's not!

Written By: mandamoo on 07/05/04 at 5:56 am

No. I think that's because I was pretty boring and nondescript. ::) :P

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/05/04 at 7:02 am

Bullies come in all shapes, sizes and ages...yet they ALL have something in common...they are all insecure about themselves in some way so they think it's cool to hurt others. I like it when they mature and come clean about thier problems.  It doesn't happen often but it's nice when things get resolved ;)

This actually happens Mark ?  :o  You must be living in Bizarro World  :)  I have never known it to happen, all the ones I've encountered are on too much of a power trip to think about maturing  ::)

Written By: Paul on 07/05/04 at 7:19 am

No. I think that's because I was pretty boring and nondescript. ::) :P

Boring and nondescript? Our manda? Never...!!

Thankfully I was never bullied - probably due to my size, I was a bit of a hefty kid that could probably inflict some pain (or so some people may have thought...!)

If anything (and this may upset the bleeding-heart brigade), I have my old man to thank...'Boy', he said, 'if anyone gets the chance to hit yer...hit 'em back three times as hard...'

I only ever had to resort to this once, when some joker tried it on - he was as nice as pie to me after that...

And, also thankfully, I've never felt any need to bully anyone - I must have chosen the right kind of people to hang around with...

But, I'm sorry to say Mark, a lot of these clowns never mature, not in the brain department at any rate...

Written By: Howard on 07/05/04 at 11:32 am

Yeah,that is true.I've picked on,punched,kicked,stomped,pushed just because I never wanted to fight. :(
Today,one bully from 15 years ago his name is Oscar wants to hang out for lunch one day.He started to become my friend.  :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/05/04 at 6:29 pm

My dad was the same, Paul. I got sick of this one kid once so I offered to fight him outside after school. His brother and I were waiting outside for 15 minutes and he didn't turn up. His brother was quite ashamed - Cowards!

Written By: Paul on 07/05/04 at 7:05 pm

My dad was the same, Paul. I got sick of this one kid once so I offered to fight him outside after school. His brother and I were waiting outside for 15 minutes and he didn't turn up. His brother was quite ashamed - Cowards!

Now there's a surprise, Bobby...!!

It's also why these clowns hang around in groups...safety in numbers...very rarely will you witness a bully doing what they do on their own...

Much as I abhor any kind of violence, I'm afraid that sometimes you have to make a stand, if only for your own peace of mind...I'm probably sounding like Kenny Rogers now, so I'd better stop...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/05/04 at 7:28 pm

There was a girl in my seventh grade class who didn't like me at all.  I guess I didn't 'fit in' with her crowd.  Anyway, she threatened to beat me up after school on several occasions...but fortunately it never happened because I scurried off to my bus immediately after that last bell rang!  :o :-[

Written By: Bobby on 07/05/04 at 8:18 pm

Now there's a surprise, Bobby...!!

It's also why these clowns hang around in groups...safety in numbers...very rarely will you witness a bully doing what they do on their own...

Much as I abhor any kind of violence, I'm afraid that sometimes you have to make a stand, if only for your own peace of mind...I'm probably sounding like Kenny Rogers now, so I'd better stop...!!

Are you referring to 'Coward of the County' by Kenny Rogers? I've heard of the song but didn't fancy listening to it - the man bores me to tears.  ;D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/06/04 at 7:27 am

Are you referring to 'Coward of the County' by Kenny Rogers? I've heard of the song but didn't fancy listening to it - the man bores me to tears.  ;D

Hey :D  I like Kenny Rogers! ;)  And this is coming from someone who pretty much loathes country music. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/04 at 1:37 pm

I was bullied. I remember one day in 6th grade. I was walking home from school and found myself literally surrounded by 5 girls who wanted to "kick my @$$" for no other reason then they didn't like me. I was very scared and didn't know what to do. Then, some woman who was driving by saw the situation and came to my rescue. I later found out that it was the mother of someone I went to school with (someone who I thought was "in" with the crowd who had me surrounded). I always thought that it was very brave of them to have 5 on 1-especially when the 1 was short and petite. Not much of a challange huh?

I think I got the last laugh on them. I am now very, very happy-married to a wonderful man, and have every I ever wanted in life. What do they have? I don't know (not saying that I really care either) but they couldn't possible be as happy as I am.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/06/04 at 2:29 pm

I think I got the last laugh on them. I am now very, very happy-married to a wonderful man, and have every I ever wanted in life. What do they have? I don't know (not saying that I really care either) but they couldn't possible be as happy as I am.

Cat

There ya go, Cat!  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 07/06/04 at 6:05 pm

Hey :D  I like Kenny Rogers! ;)  And this is coming from someone who pretty much loathes country music. :P

Heh heh. Him and Willie Nelson, PopCultureGirl. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/06/04 at 6:08 pm

Yes.I've been bullied all my life.Me and My Brother always got our butts kicked by someone bigger than us. :(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/06/04 at 6:12 pm

Yes.I've been bullied all my life.Me and My Brother always got our butts kicked by someone bigger than us. :(

It's a bloody shame, Howard. At least when something bad happens you can cope with it. These guys are obviously too immature to cope with anything the outside world has to chuck at them.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/06/04 at 6:20 pm

It's a bloody shame, Howard. At least when something bad happens you can cope with it. These guys are obviously too immature to cope with anything the outside world has to chuck at them.  ;)

And the good thing is,I don't see them anymore.Good Riddance.http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/wave.gif
;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/06/04 at 6:39 pm

And the good thing is,I don't see them anymore.Good Riddance.http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/wave.gif
;D

The right attitude to take.  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/06/04 at 6:44 pm

The right attitude to take.  :)

Most of them either died,moved away or I think I you about that bully Oscar.thing is I want to take him to lunch or dinner but I haven't seen him around my neighborhood lately. ???

Howard

Written By: annieox03 on 07/07/04 at 7:48 pm

I was the main target of all bullies. I weighed about 50 pounds in the fifth grade and all the other girls were amazons! for years I would avoid confrontations, but this one time, I finally exploded. It was during a kick ball game and that same girl that picked on me kicked me in the face with the ball. I ran from the outfield, jumped on her back and proceeded to kick her A**. It felt so good. My dad then put me in Karate and boxing. It paid off.
    But yes, they did make me stronger and let me tell you, I am not intimidated by anyone, anymore. This helps in the corporate world. I am still 4'11" and 125 but my hubby says I act ten feet tall and bullet proof. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...