inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gap Years

Written By: Stompgal on 07/05/04 at 2:54 pm

Is anyone considering a gap year? I am and I plan to fly to America and work with Warner Brothers to make animated shorts. I could do about 5 or 6 in a year, but I'll also make my own version of Charlotte's Web and call it Simon's Web. It's about Fearne Cotton who lives on a farm with her big family and she raises a pig called Wilbur, but he has to leave. Wilbur meets a spider boy called Simon (Voiced by Blue's Simon Webbe.) I will also do a computer animated version of Oliver! and it's also like Oliver and Company. If you want to take a gap year too,  then please tell me what you would do.

Subject: Re: Gap Years

Written By: Bobo on 07/05/04 at 2:59 pm

No time for a gap year on this side, April..

The next course I go on is a Music course which lasts five years. So, I'm going to be doing that until I'm ancient.

On a sidenote, though, how can you make Charlotte's Web with Simon Webbe and not call it Simon's Webbe? (Which presumably would be made out of silk and not Cotton..!)

I did consider doing a gap year two years ago, but that would have left me in a strange position collegewise, which was something I didn't want to do.

Is anyone considering a gap year? I am and I plan to fly to America and work with Warner Brothers to make animated shorts. I could do about 5 or 6 in a year, but I'll also make my own version of Charlotte's Web and call it Simon's Web. It's about Fearne Cotton who lives on a farm with her big family and she raises a pig called Wilbur, but he has to leave. Wilbur meets a spider boy called Simon (Voiced by Blue's Simon Webbe.) I will also do a computer animated version of Oliver! and it's also like Oliver and Company. If you want to take a gap year too,  then please tell me what you would do.

Subject: Re: Gap Years

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/06/04 at 4:16 pm

Sorry, my social status does not allow for anything like a "Gap Year."  Things like that are only for the socio-economically privileged.  Even if I were to gain in vertical status, my conservative upbringing by folks who lived through the great depression wouldn't let me.
God lyk!
PS Please don't consider this a gripe.  I yam what I yam!  And I like what I yam!

Check for new replies or respond here...