inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grossology

Written By: Stompgal on 07/09/04 at 2:43 pm

'Grossology' is a book of disgusting things that we all do.  I have even created a website based on the subject of Grossology and it covers such things as poop, pee, puke, farts, burps, spots, blisters, smelly feet and even BO. Don't worry, though, as they're all completely natural. Prepare to be grossed out!

Subject: Re: Grossology

Written By: Stompgal on 07/09/04 at 2:44 pm

Speaking of Grossology, does beetroot really make pee pink or red?

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/09/04 at 6:39 pm

When I was a kid, whilst visitng my great aunt and uncle, used to eat as many pickled beets as I could so I could pee pink.
I have read that it is the S content in foods that make your farts stink, avoid sulfur and avoid odor!
Godl lyk!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/04 at 8:25 am

When I was a kid, whilst visitng my great aunt and uncle, used to eat as many pickled beets as I could so I could pee pink.
I have read that it is the S content in foods that make your farts stink, avoid sulfur and avoid odor!
Godl lyk!

Heck, that ain't gross.

Gross is kissing your grandmother good night and she sticks her tongue down your throat.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/10/04 at 8:29 am

Heck, that ain't gross.

Gross is kissing your grandmother good night and she sticks her tongue down your throat.

NIX !  Gross is when you enjoy it  :(

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/10/04 at 10:26 am

No, gross is your mom trying to tell you about your dad in the sack

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/10/04 at 10:47 am

Written By: Howard on 07/10/04 at 12:09 pm

Grossology Fact Of The Moment:
Did You Know?........That........
Cow, elephant, and camel poop are described as dung, pies, pat and chips. Manure is the word for farm animal waste. Wild animals, such as wolves and mountain lions, leave behind scat..

That's Gross. :P

Howard

Written By: Marian on 07/10/04 at 3:41 pm

:o :oSpider bites are gross.You get a lot of relief when all the pus drains out,but it makes an ugly mess on the bandage.But then again,you're glad that stuff's no longer INSIDE you!!!! 8)Cheers!

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/10/04 at 6:52 pm

Worse than gross,  when your sister in law can't talk to any of her friends or famiily about her abortion, so she tells her 9 yr old daughter!!!  Pretty gosh darn pathetic.
Anyway,
God lyk!

Written By: Bobby on 07/10/04 at 8:21 pm

Worse than gross,  when your sister in law can't talk to any of her friends or famiily about her abortion, so she tells her 9 yr old daughter!!!  Pretty gosh darn pathetic.
Anyway,
God lyk!

:o

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/11/04 at 1:31 am

This has gotta be the grossest thing I have read this week:

Inmate tries to eat convict's brain
From correspondents in Chateauroux, France
July 9, 2004

A FRENCH prisoner serving 30 years for murder and cannibalism is under psychiatric evaluation after killing another detainee and trying to eat his brain.

The 36-year-old inmate, who was not named, had to be overpowered by eight people to stop him gorging on his victim, according to the head of the Federal Autonomous Pentitentiary Union, Frederic Grandcolas.

The attack happened in the prison of Saint-Maur, central France, last Sunday.

The prisoner, jailed in 2000 for his horrific crimes three years earlier, burst out of his cell as dinner was being handed out and attacked guards and convicts serving the meal with an ashtray.

After smashing the skull of one of the convicts, he started eating the brain before being hauled away and taken to a psychiatric institution nearby.

During subsequent questioning by police, he said "he heard voices telling him he was going to be attacked during the meal, but he says he doesn't remember anything of what he did," according to a local state prosecutor, Stephanie Forax.

Mr Grandcolas said he understood that the prisoner would not be put back in the general penitentiary population after the mental evaluation was over.

Several staff at the Saint-Maur jail had to receive counselling after the incident.

Agence France-Presse

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/11/04 at 4:17 am

I am outdoing myself today - but this is a very sad grossness.

My friends hubby is a tv news director and reporter and was first onscene yesterday when a shark killed a surfer down south of Perth.

Two white pointers were involved, 31 year old Perth guy was dead before his friends pulled him to shore, one witness has said body was halved (this hasnt been confirmed by authorities yet).

Friend that I was out partying with last night thought her son was down there on a surfing weekend with his mates - but it turned out he stayed home as he was feeling poor.  His mates witnessed the attack.

article in my morning paper http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,10104945%255E948,00.html

cover pic of the surfboard

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 3:04 pm

Gross is having to watch reality tv shows where they eat animal body parts.

*vomits* :P ::)

Howard

Written By: Marian on 07/12/04 at 2:45 pm

Gross is having to watch reality tv shows where they eat animal body parts.

*vomits* :P ::)

Howard
;D ;)I know what you mean.I mean,people complain if they have to eat too many vegetables,but if they're so bad,then why don't people get made to eat them on reality shows??? ::) :-\\Cheers!

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/13/04 at 2:41 am

Okay, here's what's gross:  When you go to do a bed check on a nursing home resident and the steri strips have loosened due to sweat and whilst changing their  wetness protection product, you notice that you can clearly see the flesh inside where the cyst was removed.  Or, how 'bout helping the mortitian transfer the dead body to the gurney?
God lyk!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/13/04 at 5:15 am

Okay, here's what's gross:  When you go to do a bed check on a nursing home resident and the steri strips have loosened due to sweat and whilst changing their  wetness protection product, you notice that you can clearly see the flesh inside where the cyst was removed.  Or, how 'bout helping the mortitian transfer the dead body to the gurney?
God lyk!

ICK

I once stiched up my brothers forhead when he went thru a windscreen.  The gash was about 2 inches long and went crooked thru his eyebrow.  He didnt want to go to hospital as he was drunk so I stitched it all up.  It was so deep I could see bone chips and nerves.

Next day when a doctor saw it he said I did a darn fine job !

Ohh - this is a pic of the gorgeous guy eaten by a shark here on the weekend. His name is Brad Smith - RIP.  Only 30 years old.  They have now established it was two sharks in the attack - a White Pointer aka Great White and a Bronze Whaler.  They are now studying why two different species would be hunting and attacking together - very rare.

Written By: Marian on 07/13/04 at 2:31 pm

ICK

I once stiched up my brothers forhead when he went thru a windscreen.  The gash was about 2 inches long and went crooked thru his eyebrow.  He didnt want to go to hospital as he was drunk so I stitched it all up.  It was so deep I could see bone chips and nerves.

Next day when a doctor saw it he said I did a darn fine job !

Ohh - this is a pic of the gorgeous guy eaten by a shark here on the weekend. His name is Brad Smith - RIP.  Only 30 years old.  They have now established it was two sharks in the attack - a White Pointer aka Great White and a Bronze Whaler.  They are now studying why two different species would be hunting and attacking together - very rare.

:o :oThe sharks may have been competing with each other.One probably got to him first,and the other might have wanted what the first one had.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/04 at 4:25 pm

;D ;)I know what you mean.I mean,people complain if they have to eat too many vegetables,but if they're so bad,then why don't people get made to eat them on reality shows??? ::) :-\\Cheers!

Because People are chicken to even admit it. ;D

Howard

Written By: Marian on 07/13/04 at 8:44 pm

Because People are chicken to even admit it. ;D

Howard
:o :o :oProbably,although they did have to eat really hot peppers once--so that counts as a veggie.Cheers!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/15/04 at 4:57 am

:o :oThe sharks may have been competing with each other.One probably got to him first,and the other might have wanted what the first one had.

Nup from what the gazillion experts are saying (ya know how they all crawl out of the woodwork at times like this) - based on witness reports - the Great White did the attacking while the Bronze Whaler circled.  Chopper footage showed them swimming along together quite happily - extremely strange for those two breeds.

me personally - I live on the land - they live in the water - I see no reason why either of us should ever bump into each other !

Written By: Marian on 07/15/04 at 2:52 pm

Nup from what the gazillion experts are saying (ya know how they all crawl out of the woodwork at times like this) - based on witness reports - the Great White did the attacking while the Bronze Whaler circled.  Chopper footage showed them swimming along together quite happily - extremely strange for those two breeds.

me personally - I live on the land - they live in the water - I see no reason why either of us should ever bump into each other !
:o :oInteresting.....is the bronze whaler smaller,or what?

Written By: Stompgal on 07/15/04 at 4:32 pm

In the 1960s, the Rolling Stones were fined £65 for peeing at a petrol station near the pumps. What a gruesome criminal offence!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/17/04 at 3:21 am

:o :oInteresting.....is the bronze whaler smaller,or what?

Based on witness reports and bite marks - they are saying the Great White was a 7 metre one and the Bronze Whaler was 5 metres.

Neither have been found yet.  The governent has stated both are to be shot - totally ridiculous when Great Whites are endangered and any surfer knows he is sharing their space at his own risk.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/04/04 at 3:51 pm

Click here..... for THE ULTIMATE GROSS-OUT

Written By: Howard on 08/04/04 at 9:20 pm

Whatever you do,just look away at this picture. :P

http://www.ogrish.com/view_attachment.php?id=36193

Howard

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/04/04 at 9:28 pm

You want gross?  Here, buy a vowel movement ................

Written By: AssKicker on 08/08/04 at 11:10 am

I had a huge spot quite far up inside my right nostril. It was there for months and months until I finally burst it.

Three days later one appears in my LEFT nostril.

I burst the same one about three times and I'm sure it still has some pus left in it.

And it feels huge because of all the nerves in my nose.

But if you want to see something truly disgusting, look at these:

Maggot Brain
http://www.snopes.com/photos/graphics/maggot1.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/graphics/maggot2.jpg

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 11:13 am

Click here..... for THE ULTIMATE GROSS-OUT

Reminds me of Rotten.com

Written By: Howard on 08/08/04 at 4:49 pm

http://bigducky.com/4images/data/media/5/kenedy.jpg

A Picture of a dead JFK. :P

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 12:40 pm

I can speak from experience, yes beetroot does change the colour of your pee.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/10/07 at 6:43 pm

Maybe if you eat tins and tins of the stuff...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:24 pm

wow...this is gross. :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/12/07 at 12:28 am

I know this is kind of weird, but I've always been grossed out by wet dog food. When I was a kid we had this sheepdog that we fed this dry dog food that came in really large chunks, and we always kept his food and water dishes outside. Whenever it would rain the dog food would soak up all the water and become soft and mushy and swell up to the size of charcoal briquets.

I hated cleaning up wet dog food, for some weird reason I found that chore almost as disgusting as cleaning up his poop.  :P :P :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/12/07 at 12:31 am

I know this is kind of weird, but I've always been grossed out by wet dog food. When I was a kid we had this sheepdog that we fed this dry dog food that came in really large chunks, and we always kept his food and water dishes outside. Whenever it would rain the dog food would soak up all the water and become soft and mushy and swell up to the size of charcoal briquets.

I hated cleaning up wet dog food, for some weird reason I found that chore almost as disgusting as cleaning up his poop.  :P :P :P

ew..I know what you mean...wet animal food..or wet food of any kind is basically repulsive. 8-P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 4:11 am

I once won a "Schoolwide Gross-Out" contest by taking some "Cafeteria Mystery Meat", sticking it under my arm, then into my mouth.

I was able to spit it out the side with no one catching on.
Bad thing is- I am a hairy Viking-type.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 6:27 am

I once won a "Schoolwide Gross-Out" contest by taking some "Cafeteria Mystery Meat", sticking it under my arm, then into my mouth.

I was able to spit it out the side with no one catching on.
Bad thing is- I am a hairy Viking-type.

Did you have to?  :P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/13/07 at 12:12 am

Did you have to?  :P

I didn't have to...but no way I was swallowing that! 8-P

Written By: Howard on 11/13/07 at 7:06 am

I didn't have to...but no way I was swallowing that! 8-P

Should've given it to a girl. ;D

Written By: Tam on 05/01/08 at 3:20 pm

Gross is when the members of your family decide to not rinse their plates or do the dishes for a week. Fruit flies, fuzzy mold and a stench later, I get stuck cleaning because their stomachs are too weak!!! ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/08 at 3:23 pm

Gross is having to breathe in smoker's air. 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/08 at 5:10 pm

Gross is having to breathe in smoker's air. 8-P
...or the aroma of smoke on their clothing.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/08 at 7:22 am

...or the aroma of smoke on their clothing.

even worse.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/08 at 7:59 am

even worse.
You think you have got away, and the aroma is still there.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/08 at 7:10 am

You think you have got away, and the aroma is still there.

and you wait to get home and throw it in the washer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/08 at 7:40 am

and you wait to get home and throw it in the washer.
...and have a shower.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/08 at 7:40 pm

...and have a shower.

a hot shower.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/08 at 5:43 am

a hot shower.
Hot is very soothing.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/08 at 5:49 am

Hot is very soothing.

takes away the germs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/08 at 5:50 am

takes away the germs.
A hot warm bath is more relaxing.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/08 at 5:56 am

A hot warm bath is more relaxing.

but you bathe in your filth. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/08 at 6:21 am

but you bathe in your filth. :P
You have a bath when you are clean.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/08 at 5:09 pm

You have a bath when you are clean.

when you're dirty,you shower.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/08 at 3:59 am

when you're dirty,you shower.
...or in need to cool down?

Written By: Howard on 05/05/08 at 6:50 am

...or in need to cool down?

a hot shower will do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/08 at 7:47 am

a hot shower will do.
Hot to cool down?

Written By: Howard on 05/06/08 at 3:06 pm

Hot to cool down?

and a good washing up.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/08 at 1:04 am

I can speak from experience, yes beetroot does change the colour of your pee.

Two words for you:  Methylene blue.

Ultimate chemistry-student college prank.  In sufficient doses, both excretions can be colored. 

(Methylene blue was the easy version.  Green's so wrong that any MD worth his salt will immediately suspect wise-arses, especially in college-aged patients. There are dyes that can produce bright red, which never got used, but were always discussed as options :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/08 at 4:55 am

Two words for you:  Methylene blue.

Ultimate chemistry-student college prank.  In sufficient doses, both excretions can be colored. 

(Methylene blue was the easy version.  Green's so wrong that any MD worth his salt will immediately suspect wise-arses, especially in college-aged patients. There are dyes that can produce bright red, which never got used, but were always discussed as options :)
Does the Methylene blue enhance the taste of beetroot?

Written By: Howard on 05/09/08 at 4:52 pm

anything gross?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/08 at 6:22 pm

anything gross?
Beetroots are not gross.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/08 at 7:32 am

smoking ads are gross.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/08 at 12:01 pm

smoking ads are gross.
Smoking ads are banned here.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/08 at 6:18 pm

Smoking ads are banned here.

Why is that?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/08 at 6:19 pm

Why is that?
Because cigarettes are harmful of health.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/08 at 6:30 pm

Because cigarettes are harmful of health.

and that's gross.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/08 at 4:26 am

and that's gross.
Alcohol ads before 9pm are banned too.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/08 at 5:02 pm

smoking is gross. 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/08 at 12:19 am

smoking is gross. 8-P
Not very pleasant.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/08 at 6:53 am

Not very pleasant.

When I'm around smokers almost every day at Pathmark. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/08 at 6:59 am

When I'm around smokers almost every day at Pathmark. :P
I assume there is no way of avoiding them?

Written By: Howard on 05/12/08 at 7:00 am

I assume there is no way of avoiding them?

I either move away or step inside a while till the smoke clears.

Check for new replies or respond here...