inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CyberPerv

Written By: Howard on 07/10/04 at 12:36 pm

Queens man, 28,
charged as cyberperv

http://hub1.worlded.org/docs/qb/studentphotos/headshots/thomas.jpg

A Queens man was arraigned yesterday on charges he lured a 13-year-old girl he met on the Internet to a Long Island motel, where he had sex with her.
Thomas Geed, 28, of 45-63 196th Place, Flushing, arranged to meet the victim at the Floral Park Motel on Tuesday, Nassau police said.

He was arrested the next day at the motel, on Jericho Turnpike in Floral Park.

The victim was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where she was treated and released, police said.

Geed was released on his own recognizance after being arraigned in the First District Court in Hempstead yesterday on two counts of criminal sexual act.

Ok,Let me ask you.What would you do with this guy if it happened again? See,Me and an old friend of mine used to know this guy about 8 years ago from a program when all this crap never happened.What my old friend Robert told me was that he enjoys going to malls and checking out the young teen girls and that's about it + he sometimes goes online in chatrooms and talks with girls much younger than he is. He was bailed out for $1000. If he goes to court I think that if he says that he has a learning disability it could work in his favor.Next time it happens,it'll wind up being statutory rape & maybe get a 10-20 year sentence.So,What do guys think of this story? I just couldn't believe I saw his picture in the Daily News,I almost fell out of my chair. :o

Howard

Subject: Re: CyberPerv

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/04 at 1:07 pm

Why wouldn't he get a statch-rape charge NOW?

If in fact he likes to go to the malls and ogle teenage girls, the prosecutor's office should be notified of this.

Why?  Because at the sentencing hearing, as you suspect, he may say "Oh I have a learning disability" to get sympathy.  If the court were to find that he cruises malls allegedly trolling for teenage jail bait, it may counteract the "disability" angle.

LB

Written By: Marian on 07/10/04 at 3:38 pm

??? ???Well,I believe albert Einsteun and thomas Edison had learing disabilities,so trying to use that to imply he's too stupid to know better might not work!Cheers! :-\\

Written By: resinchaser on 07/10/04 at 4:35 pm

Oggling teenage girls isn't right whether you have a learning disability or not. If his disability is what's causing his lust for little girls than he should be getting treatment, not leaniency.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/10/04 at 5:21 pm

I like checking out young teenage girls.

I'm also 15 years old.

So it's okay.

When you're 28, however, something is wrong.

Written By: Bobby on 07/10/04 at 8:17 pm

There really are some sad people about. I think they should have locked him up for a long time for that. What does a kid know at 13 never mind commit to a sexual laison with someone!

As for your friend, Howard. Learning disabilities won't cut no ice with the justice system. The man would have to be psycho/sociopathic (and be proven that) to be let off a sentence. The final result would be treatment at an institution I guess (which would ruin his chances of going down any mall to ogle at young teenage girls anyway).

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 3:26 pm

Why wouldn't he get a statch-rape charge NOW?

If in fact he likes to go to the malls and ogle teenage girls, the prosecutor's office should be notified of this.

Why?  Because at the sentencing hearing, as you suspect, he may say "Oh I have a learning disability" to get sympathy.  If the court were to find that he cruises malls allegedly trolling for teenage jail bait, it may counteract the "disability" angle.

LB

From what My old friend Robert told me was that instead of trying to work on his GED,he sometimes cruises the malls and looks at teenage girls younger than him.Robert also told me that one time they were walking down the block in his area and he spotted 2 girls and a guy right beside them.He kinda liked the girls so the guy asked him "Show Me Your Boner",Robert told him to leave but he backed off from him and stayed and talked to them.What A Stupid idiot. >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 3:28 pm

Oggling teenage girls isn't right whether you have a learning disability or not. If his disability is what's causing his lust for little girls than he should be getting treatment, not leaniency.

I really don't know if he's getting treatment.That's up to him if he wants it. ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 3:33 pm

If I was that guy,I would stay in my house for at least 6 months or so knowing that If I had left my house and people knew me from my picture in The Daily News,I would either get threatened,bullied,mocked,shot or maybe even stabbed.I would be terrified of going out in public.Just keep a low profile or maybe even wear a disguise if all possible. ;D

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/04 at 4:04 pm

If I was that guy,... keep a low profile or maybe even wear a disguise if all possible. ;D

Howard

Maybe he can wear one of those big Afro Wigs.  ;D

LB

Written By: resinchaser on 07/11/04 at 4:32 pm

The question I have is "Did he know she was 13?"  if so, he needs to be locked up, ld or not.   I know that I used to lie about my age when I was younger, as most teenage girls do, and most of them sure as heck don't look their ages nowdays.  There was a case a few years ago in my area where a guy (20) got locked up for having sex with a 15 y.o. that he met online.  Now, this girl didn't look 15 and told him she was 18, so IMO, he did nothing wrong.  Their "relationship" occurred during the summer, so there was no school/activities to make him doubt her story.

That is a good point. But the problem that I have with this particular story (or the situation of the guy Howard knows) is that these guys are actually looking for underage girls. In these cases I don't think there is any excuse at all. They should be getting psychiatric counselling, or should be locked away in order to keep them away from preying on unsuspecting girls.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/11/04 at 10:21 pm

People like this are CLASSIC repeat offenders.  He needs not only jail time, but SERIOUS mental help in a state facility where he is monitored at all times. 

Written By: Fred on 07/11/04 at 10:34 pm

I like checking out young teenage girls.

I'm also 15 years old.

So it's okay.

When you're 28, however, something is wrong.

Personally I'm a big fan of oggling teenage girls, but I'm lebeiw's age. But yeah, 28 years old is wrong.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 8:57 pm

Maybe he can wear one of those big Afro Wigs.   ;D

LB

No.He'd get the crap kicked out of him by black people. >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 9:01 pm

The question I have is "Did he know she was 13?"  if so, he needs to be locked up, ld or not.   I know that I used to lie about my age when I was younger, as most teenage girls do, and most of them sure as heck don't look their ages nowdays.  There was a case a few years ago in my area where a guy (20) got locked up for having sex with a 15 y.o. that he met online.  Now, this girl didn't look 15 and told him she was 18, so IMO, he did nothing wrong.  Their "relationship" occurred during the summer, so there was no school/activities to make him doubt her story.

This was an internet chatroom and he asked her"How Old Are You" and she replied 13 so they decided to meet in a hotel to have sex but I don't consider "just kissing"SEX.There was no penetration whatsoever so how the hell did she come out of the hospital being treated and released? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 9:10 pm

Tower of Dreams

On my way to work I stepped into the elevator and the lights went off. I saw my dream girl in the elevator. She had brown curly hair brown eyes nice looking. I asked her name. It was Jennifer. We were so scared to be stuck in the elevator that we cell phoned the police to tell them our situation. We got to know each other better. We realized we are the same age and we have alot in common. We like to go to the same places like Six Flags and baseball games. We had to let our boss know we were going to be late. We were hungry. When we were in the elevator we had no food. We worried when we were going to get out of the elevator. It was getting so stuffy in the elevator that Jennifer started to pass out. I had to give her mouth to mouth resuscitation. Than she came back to feeling better. But we were still very hungry. Then we played a card game and I let her beat me because I am a really nice guy. After 36 hrs the building elevator started to work again. I didn't want to leave her because I had a real good time. I was in love with her. The next day we went on a date and we talked on the phone. Jennifer and I went out for a long time. We fell so much in love that we got married and had ten children. There were five girls and five boys. Their names were Roxanne, Tammy, Samantha, Linda, and Amanda. Now for the boys John, Joseph, Bandon, Mike and Nick. We are a very happy family. Jennifer and I have alot of work to do but we love each other very much. We always think back to when we met in the elevator. Elevators breaking down are very common and frightening. In our case it was a mircle.

THE END BY THOMAS GEED

This is one of his stories he wrote for a class and you tell me if this story sounds like a weird pervert or not.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/12/04 at 9:28 pm

Doesn't sound weird to me.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/13/04 at 4:36 pm

Let's just say if you were him,You think you'd wanna go outside cruising/walking the streets morning,noon and nights thinking I might have a chance of someone not noticing me from the newspaper without verbal OR physical contact? I think not! >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/13/04 at 4:41 pm

As for your friend, Howard. Learning disabilities won't cut no ice with the justice system. The man would have to be psycho/sociopathic (and be proven that) to be let off a sentence. The final result would be treatment at an institution I guess (which would ruin his chances of going down any mall to ogle at young teenage girls anyway).

He was my friend at one time but my other old friend Robert tried to give him good advice but snubbed away from it. I,myself will never be associated with criminals.If he was so hard-up on teenage girls,why the F couldn't he just get a girlfriend instead of doing what he did was illegal? >:(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/13/04 at 7:36 pm

No.He'd get the crap kicked out of him by black people. >:(

LMAO  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/13/04 at 8:09 pm

Doesn't sound weird to me.  :-\\

I've got to agree with Lyricboy, Howard. However, it may tell us a little about Geed.

- He was writing about a fantasy he had.

- This is well thought out (even his sons and daughters are named). He may want this situation to happen more badly than he realises.

-  I sense a controlling nature in Geed. Nobody can stop him while his 'dream girl' is kept in a controlled situation (the computer being 'the lift' ?) .

- He is an idealist who probably has an 'elevated' view of himself ('I let her beat me because I am a nice guy').

- Mouth to mouth ressucitation? A repressed opportunist perhaps? He mentions being 'hungry' as well - His desires aren't being fulfilled.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it - Still, it's a little bit of psychological fun.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/14/04 at 9:38 pm

Here is an update on him:

His courtdate is August 6th + he has to find his IEP Diploma and transcript to prove he is Learning Disabled.He is out on bail and has to find a good Lawyer. If he is guilty,he has to serve a few months in prison even though it was his first offense.OR have probation.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...