inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs played backwards

Written By: Fred on 07/11/04 at 11:43 pm

Here is a link to a few songs I would have least expected to have messages in them when played backwards.

http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm

Comments anyone?  :-\\

Subject: Re: Songs played backwards

Written By: Ripp on 07/13/04 at 10:38 am

Britney Spears funny song backwards

forward: with you i lose my mind give me a sign
backward: sleep with me I'm not too young

:o ;D :o ;D

Heh

Written By: Ripp on 07/13/04 at 10:47 am

I hate backwards songs, they feel creepy

But if you listen to Red Dwarf "Backwards", it's funny. Just not meaning anything

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/13/04 at 11:26 am

That's pretty interesting.  :o

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/13/04 at 11:29 am

What about when they play the Chicago song backwards in Little Nicky? ;D

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/13/04 at 4:11 pm

I wish they had more songs on there.

Written By: Fred on 07/14/04 at 3:33 am

What about when they play the Chicago song backwards in Little Nicky? ;D

"IN THE NAME OF LUCIFER, I COMMAND YOU TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!" lol, that was a good one.  :D

Written By: Fred on 07/14/04 at 3:38 am

I hate backwards songs, they feel creepy

But if you listen to Red Dwarf "Backwards", it's funny. Just not meaning anything

I saw this one crappy show, where the main character started listening to heavy metal, the guy started doing drugs, and stealing. His dad came in one day, and started playing the albums backwards, and there was "subliminal messaging" in it saying stuff like "do drugs", "kill people", and other crap that the character was doing. Which this is the most stupids thing ever, because you can't even here the messages unless they are played backwards.

Anyways, it was just some cheap-o flick I was watching.  :P

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/15/04 at 11:58 am

I saw this one crappy show, where the main character started listening to heavy metal, the guy started doing drugs, and stealing. His dad came in one day, and started playing the albums backwards, and there was "subliminal messaging" in it saying stuff like "do drugs", "kill people", and other crap that the character was doing. Which this is the most stupids thing ever, because you can't even here the messages unless they are played backwards.

Anyways, it was just some cheap-o flick I was watching.  :P
Sounds like an ABC after-school special or something.  :D

Written By: Bobby on 07/15/04 at 7:10 pm

Interesting stuff. I thought the playing songs backwards to get a message was a myth. The John Lennon song I wasn't too sure about, I couldn't decipher the 'Paul' bit. I'm going to blame my cordless headphones for that.  :)

Written By: maddog on 07/16/04 at 10:25 am

There's DEFINITELY a backwards message on one of the tracks on Side 2 of Pink Floyd's "The Wall".
I can't remember which track exactly but I distinctly remember fiddling around with the vinyl and the stylus for hours trying, and evenually succeeding, to find it.

The message is something about Syd Barrett, something about sending a message to "Old Pink" at an address at a farm in Cambridgeshire.

Written By: karen on 07/16/04 at 10:48 am

There's DEFINITELY a backwards message on one of the tracks on Side 2 of Pink Floyd's "The Wall".
I can't remember which track exactly but I distinctly remember fiddling around with the vinyl and the stylus for hours trying, and evenually succeeding, to find it.

The message is something about Syd Barrett, something about sending a message to "Old Pink" at an address at a farm in Cambridgeshire.

That track is on the website Fred mentions.  Given that the forward lyrics are garbled I reckon that was a delibrate backwards message just for the fun of it.

A couple of the others I couldn't hear anything in the backwards clip until I read the 'lyrics'.  I think some of it is the power of suggestion.  The human brain will always try and make a pattern it recognises out of anything.  How many times have you sung along to a song knowing what you are singing doesn't make sense but it's all you can hear in the lyrics.  www.amiright.com is full of them.  Some of these backwards messages are just more of the same I think.

Check for new replies or respond here...