inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy road signs.....

Written By: Satish on 07/14/04 at 2:59 am

I was driving on a highway in eastern Michigan the other day, and I actually saw a sign by the side of the road that read:

WARNING:
THIS IS A PRISON AREA.
DO NOT PICK UP HITCH HIKERS

Subject: Re: Crazy road signs.....

Written By: karen on 07/14/04 at 8:31 am

Maybe someone can explain this one to me:  In some states down south, they have the speed limit signs with another sign that says "No Tolerance" underneath.  Why?

I don't know exactly but would guess it means that if the police clock you going even slightly over the speed limit they won't give you the benefit of the doubt of having a 'dodgy' speedo.  In the UK most people say that the police give you +10% because most speedometers are only that accurate.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/14/04 at 9:59 am

Here in Iowa, there's one in a nearby town that says "Asteroid Crossing". ???

Written By: Jessica on 07/14/04 at 12:55 pm

Near this pond in Marina, they have a duck crossing sign showing a mother duck and her little ducklings. The last duckling in line though is doing a funky little dance. :)

Written By: conker on 07/15/04 at 7:49 am

I just came back from a two day drive much of it through Quebec.  I saw two provincial highway signs on highway 20 south of Montreal that made me chuckle, one for a skydiving airport, It had the usual small plane symbol for a small airport but in the bottom corner there was a figure falling out of the sky.  Not good advertising.
The second was for a 'naturist resort'  it had a family in outline standing together saying...'Camp whatever 5 kms' no big deal til you got closer and realized the family was standing naked with it's back to you.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/15/04 at 9:29 am

The second was for a 'naturist resort'  it had a family in outline standing together saying...'Camp whatever 5 kms' no big deal til you got closer and realized the family was standing naked with it's back to you.

Fellow board member, 'resinchaser' resides there......or so I hear ;) ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/04 at 11:20 am

My sister sent me a bunch of pics of signs. I thought this was one of the funniest-but I can't tell you where it is.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 11:59 am

Near this pond in Marina, they have a duck crossing sign showing a mother duck and her little ducklings. The last duckling in line though is doing a funky little dance. :)
And you already have seen the one I sent you, right? Sorry everyone but it's much to dirty for this place.....it's an animated Arkansas road sign with a shadow of a cowboy behind a cow....I've already said too much ::)

Written By: Jessica on 07/15/04 at 12:37 pm

And you already have seen the one I sent you, right? Sorry everyone but it's much to dirty for this place.....it's an animated Arkansas road sign with a shadow of a cowboy behind a cow....I've already said too much ::)

Yep. I laughed muchly at it. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/15/04 at 1:29 pm

OMG, Cat.  That is the best yet.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/04 at 3:03 pm

I would like to see that one.  ;)

Cat

Written By: resinchaser on 07/15/04 at 4:12 pm

Fellow board member, 'resinchaser' resides there......or so I hear ;) ;D

That's right! Except for some reason they keep insisting that I keep my clothes on!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 6:09 pm

I would like to see that one.  ;)

Cat
I didn't save the link but I shall send it to you when I find it...I may still have a copy ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/16/04 at 7:52 pm

My sister sent me a bunch of pics of signs. I thought this was one of the funniest-but I can't tell you where it is.

Cat
Cat, thank you for making me laugh! I promise to find that sign soon ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...