inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: City or Country?

Written By: Fred on 07/15/04 at 2:08 am

I vote city.

Subject: Re: City or Country?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/15/04 at 2:40 am

Where I live is more 'small town', although I am not that far away from a big city!  :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/15/04 at 3:42 am

City as well.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/15/04 at 7:21 am

Country.

I grew up in a small town but live in a city now.  I much prefer the small town.

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/15/04 at 7:46 am

I grew up in a town with a pop of 510.  Sure is almost impossible to cook ethnic foods around here but, the crime rate is lower and you don't have to drive eleventysevengazillion miles to turn around if you miss your road.  Also living 10 blocks from the public beach and 300' from a wonderful lake, there are plenty diversions.  We would go south several blocks to hang out in the roller rink or the arcade, or, we would just go north and across the highway to go play in the woods.
Right now my wife and I are looking for a home in the country 'cause we live in a city.  The old axiom is true " Good fences makes for good neighbors."  I would prefer NO neighbors.
God lyk!

Written By: Lanie on 07/15/04 at 9:27 am

City

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/04 at 11:23 am

Country

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 07/15/04 at 12:34 pm

City, but not like a humongous city. Nothing like Los Angeles or San Francisco or anything.

Written By: gemini61 on 07/15/04 at 2:20 pm

I live in the country now, and wouldn't give it up for anything! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 6:21 pm

Threre's good and bad for both. I grew up in the city of Colorado Springs and I loved it more when there were less people here....meanwhile, my sister lives in the mountains (Divide, CO) and my brother lives in a tiny Nebraska town and I know that my nephew's and niece's have always expressed resentment for being stuck in the middle of nowhere. Going 10 miles to get to school or a store is not my idea of bliss yet neither is worrying about being shot at or putting up with crap from booming car stereos when I go for a Slurpee ::)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/15/04 at 6:36 pm

Well it might look like Monaco
But it sure ain't Greece....

City  :)

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/15/04 at 7:08 pm

City.  8)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/16/04 at 8:39 am

City

Written By: jaytee on 07/16/04 at 7:23 pm

City

Written By: Powerslave on 07/17/04 at 11:16 am

Early this year I moved out of a city of 4 million to live in a town of a few thousand. It's nice. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/17/04 at 11:22 am

City girl

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 07/19/04 at 2:18 am

I'm much more of a small town person.  I did live in a big city for a few years, and although there was a lot to do there, I couldn't see spending my life that way.  Made me far too nervous.  :-[

My hometown, and where we live now, is much smaller.  I mean, sure, we have a couple of "major department stores",  but most of the city is made up of the sailors on the base.  My friend, who lives in San Antonio, says our six elementary schools PALES in comparison to the dozens they have..so apparently, we are much more "country" than "city".  :)

Oh well, I like it here.  :)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/19/04 at 11:51 am

Country country girl ('cept for the music).  I grew up in a town population 1,000 (including cows  ;) )  I don't know what I like better though.  Small town high school is definitely better, but living out in the sticks, I sometimes get scared that like some escaped convict could be hiding out on our property.  Now, living in a city means much less yard work, but I don't really like crowded places.

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 10:57 pm

City (suburbs)

Wouldn't leave it for the world 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/06 at 10:58 pm

I live in a small town.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/25/06 at 11:00 pm

City slicker.  I hate living this far out of the city.  It's too quiet and there's nothing to do.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/25/06 at 11:17 pm

I'm from a town of 7,500. I'm a suburbanite and like it that way, so I'm neither from the city or the country.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/25/06 at 11:21 pm

I'm a city chicka born and raised. However, I've been kidnapped and need release from my suburban dwellings that I currently live in.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/25/06 at 11:23 pm

City.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/26/06 at 4:59 am

The suburbs or outskirts of a small city (Approx. 500,000 people).

Written By: Morton on 06/26/06 at 5:13 am

City

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/06 at 5:52 am

City and loving it  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/06 at 6:08 am

Born in the countryside, now based in the city.

Written By: CeeKay on 07/02/06 at 8:09 am

The house I live in right now is in the suburbs (blah).  But I'm a City Girl.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/02/06 at 10:10 am

I have always had an urban abode, but I long for the rural life.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/02/06 at 11:03 am

Born and raised in New York, but I live in the country now.  Small town in Southwest Virginia.

I couldn't imagine living in a big city again.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 11:22 am

Depends what city and what country we're talking about. In general, I'd still say city. But then again, I don't know anything else.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/02/06 at 11:33 am

Depends what city and what country we're talking about. In general, I'd still say city. But then again, I don't know anything else.

We're not talking about the city and another country......we're talking about the city and THE country.  You know, rural areas as opposed to urban areas.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 11:34 am

We're not talking about the city and another country......we're talking about the city and THE country.  You know, rural areas as opposed to urban areas.

Yeah I know, I just realised I worded it wrong. I've lived in suburbia all my life, so in a way that's somewhere between city and country.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/02/06 at 11:43 am

Where I live is more 'small town', although I am not that far away from a big city!  :)

sounds similar to me, and I like the various qualities both have to offer to be honest

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/02/06 at 11:50 am

Alpharetta has about 35,000 people in it, so it's not a small town......but compared to where I grew up, which is 100x the size......it's small and cramped. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 1:09 pm

Alpharetta has about 35,000 people in it, so it's not a small town......but compared to where I grew up, which is 100x the size......it's small and cramped. 

Small, yes, but I'd expect you'd feel a greater sense of space in a small town rather than a cramped Chicago tenement.

Written By: CeeKay on 07/02/06 at 2:29 pm

I have always had an urban abode, but I long for the rural life.

Thinking about it, I'd say I love the city *and* small towns.  But I don't like the 'burbs...which is where I am.  :-\\ (but actually, fifteen minutes East is city, fifteen minutes West, small town -- so I have access to it all).

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/06 at 5:07 pm

I live in the city, but a quiet corner of it,  Sig lives in the country, so I have the best of both worlds  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/02/06 at 6:11 pm

Small, yes, but I'd expect you'd feel a greater sense of space in a small town rather than a cramped Chicago tenement.

Excuse me?  I didn't grow up in a tenement slum.  Is that what you think all people in Chicago live in? 

And Alpharetta is small and cramped because there is nothing to do in this godforsaken town.  Once you've been to the Mall, you've done all there is to do.  After that, you either sit and rot in your house or find some way to go to Atlanta, but since I graduated......I have no reason to go to Atlanta.  So, I'm stuck here. 

Check for new replies or respond here...