inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Evolution of the Fairer Sex

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/16/04 at 4:34 pm

Okay, first I will start out by stating that I am no weirdo just observant.  Has anyone noticed that within the past few years that little girls don't look like little girls anymore?  My wife and I were going to pick up our niece from a birthday party a couple of years ago, I (my wife too) noticed that our niece was a normal 9yr old no curves, straight as a board and her friends one 2yrs younger and one the same age were "curvy"  They had already started to develop/physically mature.  I hadn't noticed this before and I started wondering, why are girls starting to mature so early?  I found this very strange.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Why do you think this is happening?
Just fodder for discussion,  I wonder if modern socialization has something to do with it.
God lyk!

Subject: Re: The Evolution of the Fairer Sex

Written By: Harmonica on 07/16/04 at 4:42 pm

I don't have the answer but I do have another observational insight question to add.

Why do girls lower backs indent?  You know what I mean? Girls have 2 indents on their lower backs, guys don't have that. I always wondered that.

Written By: jaytee on 07/16/04 at 7:19 pm

Girls seem to be developing at a very early age. A lot of girls are menstruating by 10 years of age.  I've heard people blame eating too much chicken as the cause of this - they add growth hormone to the chicken's feed to make them grow faster.  ???

Written By: maddog on 07/19/04 at 3:02 am

I've read that the onset of female puberty is very much influenced by body weight rather than age. 
Hence girls who are overweight will tend to hit puberty earlier. In Western society, with a prevalence of high fat and high refined sugar content diets, there is a higher proportion of overweight children (although not to the epidemic proportions that some tabloids would have you believe). Hence many girls hit puberty earlier.

All of my 3 daughters are skinny as bean poles so I don't anticipate them hitting puberty until they're into their teens, which I'm pretty relieved about!

Written By: karen on 07/19/04 at 7:54 am

I don't have the answer but I do have another observational insight question to add.

Why do girls lower backs indent?  You know what I mean? Girls have 2 indents on their lower backs, guys don't have that. I always wondered that.

Could it be their slightly (cough) wider hips make the lower back a different shape?

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/19/04 at 9:00 am

It's been proven that the hormones you find in dairy products esp. milk, are causing girls to mature much sooner.

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/19/04 at 9:11 pm

Why are girls different than boys?  ;)

sorry, had to do it lol

Written By: jaytee on 07/19/04 at 9:35 pm

Why are girls different than boys?  ;)

sorry, had to do it lol

Well Billy - little girls are made out of sugar and spice and everything nice and little boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails.  :o  :D  Hope this clears things up for you. :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/20/04 at 6:04 am

Could it be their slightly (cough) wider hips make the lower back a different shape?

I've heard that men like curvy women because it shows them that these people are able to bear children. I just like curvy women because they look nice.  :)

Written By: Fred on 07/21/04 at 3:13 am

I've heard that men like curvy women because it shows them that these people are able to bear children. I just like curvy women because they look nice.  :)

Oh yeah!  ;D

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/23/04 at 3:24 am

Well Billy - little girls are made out of sugar and spice and everything nice and little boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails.   :o  :D  Hope this clears things up for you. :)

hmm, that would explain how my ex-girlfriend could just dip her finger into her coffee and it would taste like Sweet N Low made it. 

I thin that also explains why i like to chase after my butt    ;) ::)

Written By: jaytee on 07/23/04 at 5:23 am

hmm, that would explain how my ex-girlfriend could just dip her finger into her coffee and it would taste like Sweet N Low made it. 

I thin that also explains why i like to chase after my butt    ;) ::)

;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...