inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Today is the 35th anniversary....

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/20/04 at 9:21 am

Just thought I'd post a reminder to the fact that 35 yrs ago today, the Eagle had landed depositing Neil Armstrong (civilian) and Edwin (Buzz) Aldrin on the surface of our lone natural satellite. 
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
God bless America!!
God lyk

Subject: Re: Today is the 35th anniversary....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/04 at 10:49 am

That's right. Forgot about that. My sister had a banner marking that momentious occasion hanging in her room. For many years I used to stare at the date July 20th, 1969-that date will be forever etched in my brain now.

Cat

Subject: Re: Today is the 35th anniversary....

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/20/04 at 4:05 pm

I was a "space nut" ever since I can remember.  My uncle worked for Honeywell's aerospace division in the field of spacecraft ergonomics(he worked on teams that produced the controls for spacecraft I particularily remember him telling me about the hand controls of the MMU(space jet-pack) )  I memorized this date whilst I was in 2nd or 3rd grade.  Perhaps it is the passage of time but spaceflight back in the old apollo days seemed more romantic and the astronauts had a high "Hero" status. Ahh those were the days.  I haven't checked, but I will bet there will be some "space" programming today.  I think I'll chuck in "Apollo 13" and watch it again.
God lyk!

Check for new replies or respond here...