inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A question about Kid Rock

Written By: Harmonica on 07/22/04 at 9:36 pm

Is he the only guy to do Rap, Country and Rock n roll?  I know of people that have done both Rock n roll and country but a few that have done Rock n roll and rap, but all three?  I believe Kid Rock is the only one to do all three, and I suppose you could add in gospel if you consider"Önly God Knows Why" to be gospel. that'd make 4.

Subject: Re: A question about Kid Rock

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/22/04 at 10:57 pm

Is he the only guy to do Rap, Country and Rock n roll?  I know of people that have done both Rock n roll and country but a few that have done Rock n roll and rap, but all three?  I believe Kid Rock is the only one to do all three, and I suppose you could add in gospel if you consider"Önly God Knows Why" to be gospel. that'd make 4.

I wouldn't consider "Only God Knows Why" to be gospel in any way.  Read the lyrics and you'll see what I mean ;)

As for rap, country & rock n roll - if he's not the ONLY artist to do all three, I am sure he is one of very few.  I don't care what anyone thinks (I know a lot of people here don't like him), I really like Kid Rock.  I think he's extremely talented & seems like a good person "in real life". :) 

Written By: Fred on 07/23/04 at 12:40 am

I don't like Kid Rock, but I never looked at him that way.  :-\\

Written By: EthanM on 07/23/04 at 9:39 pm

i think Uncle Kracker (who was and i think still is part of kid rock's band) did all 3 as a solo artist but i'm not sure

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/04 at 10:37 pm

Saying that kid rock has done Rock and Roll is like saying New Kids On The Block belong in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.....he's a wanna be at best :P

Written By: Fred on 07/23/04 at 11:44 pm

Saying that kid rock has done Rock and Roll is like saying New Kids On The Block belong in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.....he's a wanna be at best :P

Your right RnRF.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/04 at 9:07 am

Your right RnRF.  ;)
Thanks, Fred :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/04 at 12:27 am

I don't see how you can say this...just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean he's not talented
You're absolutely right.....It's JUST my opinion. I respect yours and anybody else who likes him....I just happen to think he's not that great....especially after he did that promo for VH1...where he sat on top of a chimney, dressed as Santa and farted down it ::)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/26/04 at 12:36 pm

First of all, how you can compare Kid Rock to NKOTB is beyond me.  They are NOTHING alike.  Second of all, you claim Kid Rock is a "wannabe"?  What exactly is he trying to be?  ??? 

....I just happen to think he's not that great....especially after he did that promo for VH1...where he sat on top of a chimney, dressed as Santa and farted down it ::)

What does that have to do with the kind of music Kid Rock plays?  Or his talent for that matter?  I'm sure Kid Rock didn't write that promo, somebody else did & he merely acted it out.  I happen to think "toilet humour" is funny, does that make me a bad person? ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/04 at 6:12 pm

What does that have to do with the kind of music Kid Rock plays?  Or his talent for that matter?  I'm sure Kid Rock didn't write that promo, somebody else did & he merely acted it out.  I happen to think "toilet humour" is funny, does that make me a bad person? ::)
As I said before...It's JUST my opinion....AND I also said that I respect tohers as well.It's that simple....sorry if I offended.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 11:59 pm

You speak the truth, RnRF.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/28/04 at 1:46 pm

Wow, LyricBoy....I was ready for more anger for my opinion of him, Thanks :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 2:04 pm

Well, if he had to go so far as to call himself "Kid Rock", thats already the sign of a lightweight as far as Rock 'n' Roll is concerned.

I do have to say that some of his country stuff was OK, though. 

But he should be sent to jail (or at least given an Atomic Wedgie  :o ) for his rendition of "Feel Like makin' Love".  Pure butchery.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/28/04 at 2:24 pm

Hey, I also classified "Pink Floyd" as Overplayed? do you agree :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 2:51 pm

Hey, I also classified "Pink Floyd" as Overplayed? do you agree :D

I suspect it depends on where you live.  Where I am you do not hear Pink Floyd on the air all that much.  :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/28/04 at 3:02 pm

I suspect it depends on where you live.  Where I am you do not hear Pink Floyd on the air all that much.  :-\\
I AM willing to move :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 5:17 pm

I AM willing to move :D

No problem.

Just be prepared to listen to hip-hop and 80's music all day long, 'cause that's about all they play here.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/28/04 at 6:50 pm

Anger?  Are you trying to insinuate I was ANGRY when I replied to your post?  Whatever, man ::) 

Written By: resinchaser on 07/28/04 at 8:55 pm

Not attacking you here Mark but, you have to realize that this thread was not created to ask whether or not Kid Rock was a "real" musician or not. It was just some fans who wanted to talk about what category his music fell into.

It's one thing to tell people that you don't like a certain musician, but it's another when you talk about how much he sucks to people that actually like him.

When you go into a topic bashing the artist in question, you have to expect a little flack ;)

Know what I mean? :)

Like in the 80s boards. When someone asked "What was our favourite LL Cool J song". And you posted "None, all Rap sucks". I just think that responses like that are a little uncalled for. Everyone here respects everyone elses opinion, but I think there is a place for everything, and that wasn't it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 3:14 pm

Anger?  Are you trying to insinuate I was ANGRY when I replied to your post?  Whatever, man ::) 
Not at all...I apologize for the mess I made :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 3:15 pm

Not attacking you here Mark but, you have to realize that this thread was not created to ask whether or not Kid Rock was a "real" musician or not. It was just some fans who wanted to talk about what category his music fell into.

It's one thing to tell people that you don't like a certain musician, but it's another when you talk about how much he sucks to people that actually like him.

When you go into a topic bashing the artist in question, you have to expect a little flack ;)

Know what I mean? :)

Like in the 80s boards. When someone asked "What was our favourite LL Cool J song". And you posted "None, all Rap sucks". I just think that responses like that are a little uncalled for. Everyone here respects everyone elses opinion, but I think there is a place for everything, and that wasn't it.
You're right resinchaser....my apologies :)

Check for new replies or respond here...