inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you have pets? If yes,what do you have,and their names?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/04 at 5:41 pm

Do you have any pets? I have a sweet six year old torti-calico furkid named Tika....she is incredibly sweet-natured and gentle...also intelligent and funny. She really likes to get involved when I'm using this computer...tries to paw at the keyboard..I love dogs too,but have no time or room for a dog...besides,Tika would probably DISOWN me if I ever brought a puppy home!!

Subject: Re: Do you have pets? If yes,what do you have,and their names?

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/24/04 at 2:16 pm

You asked for it:

Cats:
we did have 10 but 3 of our best ones got killed by a bobcat or coyote or something  :\'(
anyway their names are  Monzo, Shark, Mr. T, Chausette, Skittles, Curly, and Moe

Dogs:
a 13-yr-old spitz named Lady and a golden lab/chow named Toby

Fish:
a gold fantail named William and a black moor goldfish named Othello

My sister's got some rabbits and my mom has ducks but I don't know their names

Written By: Jessica on 07/24/04 at 2:51 pm

A 5 year old Chocolate Labrador named Blue.

Two parakeets named Squeaker and Othello.

A black bear hamster named Midnight.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/24/04 at 3:03 pm

Ginger, Dog, Miniture Collie - Deceased
Abner, Cat, Yellow and White - Deceased
Ernie,Fish,Goldfish, - Deceased

Written By: Dagwood on 07/25/04 at 4:17 pm

We have a cat named Ginger.

Written By: Koop on 07/25/04 at 5:33 pm

I have an 11 year old cat that is white with tan spots and a tan/tabby face.  His name is Stimpy. (My ex and I got him when Ren and Stimpy were still really popular.  ;))

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/25/04 at 7:35 pm

8)  August is the six-year anniversary of my adopting Tika....actually, she 'adopted' me..... ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/25/04 at 7:39 pm

Anyone here ever keep LAND HERMIT CRABS as pets? They are unusual...and way cool! I've even heard of people keeping scorpions as pets,usually the relatively harmless Emperor scorpion....

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/26/04 at 11:37 am

No hermit crab here, although I liked watching them on the shore whilst on holiday in Florida as a kid back in the 70s.  We have two wonderful dogs.  A six year old Bassit hound/German Shepherd named Oscar Mayer Wiener. and a three year old English Springer Spaniel/Finnish Spitz named Jack.  I don't know why people insist on purebreds, they statistically don't live as long and have more health problems than mutts!
God lyk!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/26/04 at 12:50 pm

I have a puppy Jack Russell named, "Pablo"

I have a black crowntail Betta fish named, "Chaka Khan" ;)   

As for Hermit Crabs, I used to have them as a kid, but they never lived very long.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/26/04 at 4:28 pm

My first pet ever was a cat named Fluffy  :)

Written By: Alicia on 07/26/04 at 4:30 pm

I have a chocolate lab named blue (he had blue eyes when he was a pupp), two parakeeets, and a fat cute little hamster named Midnight

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/26/04 at 7:28 pm

If I ever got a dog..........Tika would denounce it as an act of 'treason' against cats...by running away and never returning!

Written By: resinchaser on 07/26/04 at 10:27 pm

I have mice. They live in my laundry room ::)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 07/26/04 at 10:38 pm

Rush and I have four Guinea Pigs called Morty, Mocha, Napoleon and Truffles.

Here's a picture. Left to right: Truffles, Mocha, Morty and Napoleon. Our babies!!!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Sentimentalist on 07/27/04 at 3:17 am

Rush and I have four Guinea Pigs called Morty, Mocha, Napoleon and Truffles.

Here's a picture. Left to right: Truffles, Mocha, Morty and Napoleon. Our babies!!!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

How uncanny you named them after food products 'cept morty.  In Peru, they would call them cuy(pronounced kwee)  O tan dicieron !delicioso!
God lyk?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 07/27/04 at 7:44 am

How uncanny you named them after food products 'cept morty.  In Peru, they would call them cuy(pronounced kwee)  O tan dicieron !delicioso!
God lyk?

Well, Mocha and Truffles were named because of their colouring. When Mocha was a young piggie, he was more mocha coloured before he turned golden brown. And Truffles, being black and brown, looks like a black truffle. :) We used to have a piggie who looked a lot like Mocha except he was more white than brown. We called him Latté. :) Napoleon was named for Napoleon Bonaparte, rather than the yummy dessert. But I'm aware of it! I watch the Food Network a lot! :)

I didn't want to know that about Peru!!!!! :\'(

Absolutely Vile

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/27/04 at 9:06 am

I've always wanted a hairless guinea pig :P  They are so adorable! :D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 07/27/04 at 9:35 am

I've always wanted a hairless guinea pig :P  They are so adorable! :D

Really? I never understood their appeal. I prefer the ones with hair, as I do with all animals. Except for hedgehogs, which only have that little bit on their bellies. :) They're adorable as well!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: onaree on 07/27/04 at 10:04 am

I like Hedgies, too!  I almost got one, but the wait list was so long.  I gave up and got a hamster.

Anyway, the pets (fur children) I have now are:

Bailey Jack--3 1/2 year old Boston Terrier/Spitz mix.  Bailey stays outside.

Gracie Lou--1 year old dilute calico.  She's named for Sandra Bullock's character in Miss Congeniality. She stays indoors, mainly on my lap.  She loves to swipe Q-tips from my bathroom.

Mercy Mae--almost 1 year old brown/gold tabby.  She stays indoors, too.  She looks sort of like a Bengal because she's more marble than striped.  She's 100% rotten and loves watch the toilet flush.

I love them all, but Gracie is really my baby.  I think it's because when we adopted her, she was so scared that I held her while she just shivered.  Now, when she lays on me, she has to be on my boobs.  I guess it's because she can hear my heart and feel my breathing better, like when she was a little baby.  I don't know what I'd ever do without my fur children.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/27/04 at 11:15 am

I got 3 cats. A Siamese-Winnie, Main Coon- Lupe and a black cat- Missy-mo

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/27/04 at 1:08 pm

Did you have a spare glass lying around? ;)

Fluffy. 8)

;D

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 07/27/04 at 4:25 pm

Well, yes, I have pets!! ! is mine and the other 3, I am just fostering for awhile. God help me! :o ;D

My baby is my 3 month old kitten named Jordan. She is a female. Her name can confuse some people.

Then there is Shei. The dog I am watching. She is a Shiba Inu. She means well, but being a puppy, I am just a little frustrated that she chews all my clothes and everthing else. Even though she has more toys than I did when I was a kid!

Then the two other cats I am watching are Stephanie and Bubba. 

Stephanie is a 22 pound dilluted calico.(She has calico colors but they are light instead of dark) She is 8 years old and a total sweetie. She thinks she is the queen of the apartment, but she is cool. She talks to you, if you say anything to her, she meows back at you. Its cute!

Then there is Bubba! I love that one! He is 8 years too, and he is black and white, with long hair. He is a leukemia survivor! Go Bubba! He doesn't have vocal chords so he gurgles instead of meows. He is super sweet. He is also Jordan's "boyfriend"! She follows him everywhere!

Well, those are the pets that I have! And let me tell, you, my apartment has never seemed smaller!!!

Rio

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/10/06 at 4:01 pm

Actually their my folks pets but include Buddy, TIggy, Abby, and Ramsey

Written By: nikki89 on 04/10/06 at 6:11 pm

I love my pets!

At my dad's house I have Scooter, a 5 year old Rat Terrier, and is the cutest dog ever! I got her when she was about 5 weeks old at the pound; she was in a cage with her brothers and sisters and she was the only one awake, I had to get her! She hasn't settled down yet, either, she's so bad! She barks all the time at nothing(and my cat, who she's seen pretty much every day of her life). But she is absolutely adorable.

I also have Swillie, a tortoise shell cat who's about 6. I'm the only one in the house that she likes, and she's always sitting on my lap, but she doesn't really like to be held. My dad found her near the road when she was little, and since our house is on a highway I don't know what would've happened if he hadn't. She has a bit of a vomiting problem, and since she's big she knocks stuff over a lot, but she's so sweet that it doesn't matter.

And at my mom's house I have three cats: Boots, Gary(aka Little Boy), and Nancy(aka Little Girl). My mom got Gary and Nancy close to a year ago(I call them Little Boy and Little Girl because I don't like their names), they're brother and sister. Boots is a little bit younger than them, and he showed up when my mom and stepdad moved into their house about 7 months ago. They stay outside because Gary and Nancy couldn't stop using the bathroom everywhere and Boots just never came inside. But Nancy will be coming in later when she has her babies! I can't wait!

I'm more connected to Scooter and Swillie because not only have I had them longer, but I also live with my dad most of the time. But they are all my little brothers and sisters(I'm an only child. so that's what my pet's have always been!).

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 6:12 pm

I have 4 pets.

A black cat named Lucky, an English Springer Spaniel named Bismark, a parakeet named Snowball and a guinea pig named Mookie.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/10/06 at 7:47 pm

Purrl-A 10-year old gray kitty kat we found at the bus station. She doesn't like to be held but she's beautiful and very social, and follows me around like a little lamb. She's gray with long fur and white trim and belly, though she doesn't have a Persian face at all.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 7:58 pm

Purrl-A 10-year old gray kitty kat we found at the bus station. She doesn't like to be held but she's beautiful and very social, and follows me around like a little lamb. She's gray with long fur and white trim and belly, though she doesn't have a Persian face at all.

Our cat was also an adopted stray.  She was the runt of her litter and her mother abandoned her near our apartment.  Both of the human societies in Chicago that didn't put animals down had their full of kittens, so it was either keep her, take her to the pound, or leave her where we found her.  It was October and the winter was coming and with no food, drink or warm place to sleep, she would have died.  We couldn't do that.

So she's been a proud member of our family for 6 years now.  She's my little girl; she follows me everywhere.  When I was still in school, when I'd have to go back, she'd always know and she'd get real clingy and then jump in my bag.  It was so cute.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 9:31 pm

We have three dogs; a Labrador, cross-bred and a beagle. They're my sisters though. The only real pets I've had were my fish. A few in particular; including a Jaguar Cichlid I named Jethro, an Elephantnose fish named Snuffles, and of course a Trimac whose name I've forgotten.

Written By: kairi747 on 04/10/06 at 9:34 pm

golden retriever -morgan

cat - douglas fur (got him in december named after the evergeen douglas fir!)

parakeet - peri

parakeet - chrystal

hamster - ice cream

hamster - sprinkles

toad - froggy

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/06 at 10:52 pm

Kit-Kat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/kit-katcute.jpg

AND

Anna
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/vaughnmarch06008.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 11:55 pm

I don't have any of my own, but here at my uncle's house there are 3 cats and 2 dogs. 3 male cats, 1 who is half Siamese half tabby name Sisqo(hes evil/retarded), an orange cat named Romeo(hes a snob), and a yellow and white manx named Bob(he is a goofball- the comic relief).  The dogs: A female Golden retriever named Fred(yup thats her name), who mothers all of the cats and a male Dockson(wiener dog) named Oscar, who is an attention wh0re. ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/11/06 at 12:41 am

We have three dogs; a Labrador, cross-bred and a beagle. They're my sisters though. The only real pets I've had were my fish. A few in particular; including a Jaguar Cichlid I named Jethro, an Elephantnose fish named Snuffles, and of course a Trimac whose name I've forgotten.

I used to have a Labrador and a Beagle. :D  The Beagle was a pain in the ass and would always get out and lead the Lab on a 3 mile trip across town. ::) 

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 12:46 am

I used to have a Labrador and a Beagle. :D  The Beagle was a pain in the ass and would always get out and lead the Lab on a 3 mile trip across town. ::) 

LOL! Our Dockson does that with our Golden Retriever. :D

Written By: jackas on 04/11/06 at 12:56 am

LOL! Our Dockson does that with our Golden Retriever. :D
;D ;D

At least I'm not the only one who had to deal with that crap!!!!  :D ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/11/06 at 12:38 pm

We had a hedgie named "Hedgie" for years.

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/11/06 at 6:38 pm

I have 4 cats Nebula, Scia, Roxy and Kitty....if it worked my cats Nebula(the black one) and Scia(the calico one) are the attachments

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/11/06 at 6:39 pm

My cat at home is called MistyTheWondercat, and my very kind friend looks after her.

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 8:00 pm

My dad had 2 cats that I loved so much.  He found them in his chicken coop back in 1987 .. they had been abandoned by their mother.  The boy cat (Morris) sadly passed away in 2002 from old age ... one day he just stopped breathing and dropped dead.  He was a good cat and I miss him terribly  :\'(

The little girl cat (Sam) passed away in the summer of '05.  She was always a funny cat .. she ate like you wouldn't believe, but she was so thin.  The day before she passed away, she crawled into a little crevis in the ground, which is usually what animals do when they know they are doomed :\'(

Written By: loki 13 on 04/11/06 at 8:12 pm

The pet I have is a 5 1/2 Ball Python.My son has a Fish, a Beta ,I think

Written By: lorac614 on 04/11/06 at 11:03 pm

Kit-Kat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/kit-katcute.jpg

AND

Anna
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/vaughnmarch06008.jpg

Oh, they look just like my kitties.

My grey strip is named Tabby (Tabitha)
My white cat (sadly had to have her put to sleep last year) was named Little Kitty.

My white cat was deaf.

Written By: lorac614 on 04/11/06 at 11:09 pm

Let's see...

I have a Chocolate Lab named Jake
A Chesapeake Bay Ret named Baxter
A Kitty named Tabitha
A rabbit named Popcorn

A "step-dog" named Dharma.  (she belongs to my neighbor but she sleeps in my garage)

A bunch of fish that belong to my 5 year old...she's named them but I have no idea what those names are.

I have a zoo here, and my daughter has an animal "wish list" included on the list ...a little dog (Possibly  a Yorkie), a horse (that she says she's going to ride to school every day, LOL!!), and a cow so she can get milk any time...Yeah right. 

Written By: jackas on 04/12/06 at 12:07 am

Let's see...

I have a Chocolate Lab named Jake
A Chesapeake Bay Ret named Baxter
A Kitty named Tabitha
A rabbit named Popcorn

A "step-dog" named Dharma.  (she belongs to my neighbor but she sleeps in my garage)

A bunch of fish that belong to my 5 year old...she's named them but I have no idea what those names are.

I have a zoo here, and my daughter has an animal "wish list" included on the list ...a little dog (Possibly  a Yorkie), a horse (that she says she's going to ride to school every day, LOL!!), and a cow so she can get milk any time...Yeah right. 

Do you have any pictures of your dogs?  I would love to see them.

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 12:10 am

I have a little dog, named Chloe... and I posted her picture on the "Post Your Pets' Photos!" thread a long time ago.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 12:24 am

I currently have two little dogs:  A dachshund named Jetta and a Pug/Terrier named Reina. They're great.  I'll post pics of them when I get a chance to learn the picture process. 

But I have to tell you...as far as pet names...my son Nick had the BEST names for pets when he was little.  Here are some examples: 

Loni Loni Loni  (hamster)

Working Boy (hamster)

Heady Head (a guinea pig)

It was hysterical.  He was five or seven at the time.  How did he thing up these things?  ???

Written By: lorac614 on 04/12/06 at 10:26 am

Do you have any pictures of your dogs?  I would love to see them.

I'll take a few and post them later today.

Written By: KKay on 04/12/06 at 1:05 pm

(everyone is about to sigh..."here she goes again..we've seen this dog a thousand times!!")

YOU CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF BODE THE WONDER DOG!!!
(and, much like her namesake, she'd rather party than win an olympic gold metal)

Her giant head...
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/bighead-copy-copy.jpg

outside being busy
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/bodehelped-copy.jpg

being sexy
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/dog1-copy.jpg

out driking with friends
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/IMG_0356-copy-copy.jpg

being gorgeous
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/IMG_1168-copy.jpg

Had enough???!!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/12/06 at 1:46 pm

Oh, they look just like my kitties.

My grey strip is named Tabby (Tabitha)
My white cat (sadly had to have her put to sleep last year) was named Little Kitty.

My white cat was deaf.

I had a white cat many, many moons ago who was also deaf. What was unusual about him was that he had 2 different color eyes.

Electra (AKA "The Squeak", Squeaker, Squeaky, etc.) is the calico and Andy (AKA, the "Fat Boy" who is actually losing weight now) is the black one.

Cat

Written By: lorac614 on 04/12/06 at 2:07 pm

I had a white cat many, many moons ago who was also deaf. What was unusual about him was that he had 2 different color eyes.

Electra (AKA "The Squeak", Squeaker, Squeaky, etc.) is the calico and Andy (AKA, the "Fat Boy" who is actually losing weight now) is the black one.

Cat

I think the deafness and different eye color must go together...my kitty had one green eye and one blue eye.

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 2:20 pm

If you'd like to post pics of your pets, we do have a thread to do just that:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,436.300.html

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/12/06 at 2:27 pm

I think the deafness and different eye color must go together...my kitty had one green eye and one blue eye.

Yup-it is the breed. If the cat had 2 blue eyes it would be a true albino but because of the one green, it is not "pure". Also, I'm sure your kitty (like mine) was also sterile. Another chacteristic of the breed is health problems. Ours had it and only lived to the ripe old age of 5 or so.  :\'(  Unlike yours, we didn't have him put to sleep. He passed away on his own when we were away.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: KKay on 04/12/06 at 3:07 pm

If you'd like to post pics of your pets, we do have a thread to do just that:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,436.300.html

I know.  But any excuse...
Sorry to harrass you all with dog pictures.

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 3:09 pm

I know.  But any excuse...
Sorry to harrass you all with dog pictures.

That's okay... I like seeing dog pictures. :)

Written By: lorac614 on 04/12/06 at 3:10 pm

Yup-it is the breed. If the cat had 2 blue eyes it would be a true albino but because of the one green, it is not "pure". Also, I'm sure your kitty (like mine) was also sterile. Another chacteristic of the breed is health problems. Ours had it and only lived to the ripe old age of 5 or so.  :\'(  Unlike yours, we didn't have him put to sleep. He passed away on his own when we were away.  :\'(

Cat

My cat was not sterile, she actually had a litter of kittens, the father was an orange cat...the kittens looked peach!  LOL!!

Also, she lived until the ripe old age of 15...which is pretty amazing.especially since we found her sitting on the side of Interstate 81, she might not have lived through that night back in 1990.  Poor thing was half starved and covered in fleas and was just watching the 18 wheelers speeding by.  

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/12/06 at 3:15 pm

My cat was not sterile, she actually had a litter of kittens, the father was an orange cat...the kittens looked peach!  LOL!!

Also, she lived until the ripe old age of 15...which is pretty amazing.especially since we found her sitting on the side of Interstate 81, she might not have lived through that night back in 1990.  Poor thing was half starved and covered in fleas and was just watching the 18 wheelers speeding by. 

Oh, it was a female That explains it. It is usually the males that are sterile and have health problems. BTW, I am sorry about your loss.

Cat

Written By: lorac614 on 04/12/06 at 3:22 pm

Oh, it was a female That explains it. It is usually the males that are sterile and have health problems. BTW, I am sorry about your loss.

Cat

Thank you.

Your cats are beautiful...I especially love the black cat.  So shiny!!

Written By: lorac614 on 04/12/06 at 3:30 pm

Here is my son and Jake the Lab...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture268.jpg

My daughter and Baxter...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture027.jpg

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/12/06 at 3:41 pm

I have a pet fish named SPAZ

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/12/06 at 3:53 pm

Thank you.

Your cats are beautiful...I especially love the black cat.  So shiny!!

Thanks. He is sitting on my lap as I TRY to type this. lol.  Your kids/dogs adorable.

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/14/06 at 5:51 pm

Here's my Tortie and white feline friend, Tika...

Written By: jackas on 04/14/06 at 11:48 pm

Here is my son and Jake the Lab...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture268.jpg

My daughter and Baxter...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture027.jpg

Awww...they are so cute lorac. :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/14/06 at 11:51 pm

I have a dog named Buckingham.. we call him Buck for short. Here's a picture of him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/Chillaxin.jpg

Written By: jackas on 04/15/06 at 12:14 am

I have a dog named Buckingham.. we call him Buck for short. Here's a picture of him:

I love Buck!  Imma steal him from you! http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/spin.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/06 at 11:31 pm

just look at that face!!!! It doesn't get much cuter than that!! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/16/06 at 12:59 am

I had three cats, Sweetie, Chandler, and Kiki.. I named the first  ::)

Then we put her to sleep... Now it's Chandler and Kiki

Written By: MLB on 04/17/06 at 11:33 am

Dogs-- Terra is my baby & :) Shepherd/chow
            Princess a Spaniel of some sort

Cats-- Molly
        Jericho/handsome boy
        Papas/"tater"/ D-Loc MF...
Rabbit-- mini rex
  CB  (Central Bunny...named by the school kids where he used to live)
Bird-- yellow Cockatiel  "Spotty"
And that is enough!

Written By: lorac614 on 04/17/06 at 11:45 am

Awww...they are so cute lorac. :)

Thanks!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...