inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tricks your kids have played on you.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/25/04 at 9:34 pm

Today, before I took my daughter to my friends she decided to go into the bathroom and string dental floss all over the bathroom.  I didn't notice until I came home...I went to take a shower and it scared me.  I had to take it all down to even get all the way in.  When I talked to her before she went to bed she said she was pretending it was a spider web and the spider was gone to find food.  I told her it scared me (startled really) and she said "good". ;D

Your kids ever played a trick on you?

Subject: Re: Tricks your kids have played on you.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/04 at 7:57 pm

I laughed, too.  She is lucky she was elsewhere when I discovered it...I had time to cool down.

Written By: Ripp on 09/10/04 at 12:32 pm

I dunno about my kids, but i know one or two tricks i played on others.  ;D

For this one nasty person, i got my packet of chocolate rasins and smushed it up so that it wasn't a very pleasent looking thing. (I knw this is vile but it is what someone did to someone else, no one sat on the chair anyway, and it was a clean chair, and we got to eat smushed choccy rasins. I love choccy rasins!) I stuck it on a clean chair, and told the nasty person her work was "Left on the spare-chair" which, everyone made up to mean "The teachers chair which the teacher does not use much". Now this was a funny thing, and very frightnening too: the teacher sat down on her chair!!! I saw Miss. Cold-heart (we nicknamed her that because we thought she never cared for anyone) settle down. SHE HADNT NOTICED!
Anna (the girl who was mean to me) noticed her work on the teachers desk, and it was actually more fun to see the teacher pranked. Anna said nothing to me, not even a thank you for pointing out near where the work was! Now, everything was set for a weird prank. I thought, "Hmm what if" and i scraped my electric handheld fan on my desk. Noone knew. She never cared because she thought it was a faulty fan. Then, she got up to write something on the board. She turned around and CHOCOLATE RASINS WERE ON HER BUM! Everyone either screamed with disgust, or screamed with disgust and laughed. Everyone was told, as a joke by one teacher, that if someone did that, they had to run. We ran.

Disgusting, but the choccy was only to make a mess of her work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then on my friend. April fools day came, and i'd set up a trick the night before. Her birthday was the day after, and i said she could open her present Before her birthday!!

She was happy. She ran to the bedroom - and guess what. She tripped, and set the trigger off. A ball sprang up, hit the celing and set a movement-operated radio off. It said "Play snooker" over and over, and my voice-operated thing with a stick started poking the stick out. It caught something, and a bucket fell, covering her with water, and she took it as a joke luckily! I said "Happy April Fools, Stephanie!" she then got a trick on me.

It was simple but: She gave me a bag. She said to tie it to a stick, and if I flung it round I would feel like I was on the waltzers. It was full of pepper, this bag, and lentils. Now, she said, after 1 min of spinning, to mix what was in the bag with water and mush it, and mould it into a ball. Thing is, pepper wet down gave me a cold, and lentils made me sleep. So when I was told to eat it, I felt drowzy and started to sneeze. I thought I was getting ill, and ran to the doctors. He told me I had eaten wet pepper and lentils, and I didn't take it as a joke.

I gave her the prezzie, but made sure she couldn't see it until she apologised. I had a cold and fell asleep every day, every 6 hours. I only have lentils and warm milk before going to bed.

**Names changed**

Written By: onaree on 09/10/04 at 3:03 pm

Well, I don't have kids.  But, my husband has played several good jokes on me.  One Halloween, we were going to a costume party.  I was going as a cat and he was going as the Scream killer.  He hung his costume on our ceiling fan in the bedroom above the bed.  When I came home from work it was dark outside.  I went to the bedroom and the light from outside shining through the window lit the room enough that I thought someone was standing on our bed.  When I flipped on the light, I saw it was the Scream killer and screamed.  I went running outside ready to beat him to a pulp.  He and I both then started laughing. 

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/04 at 3:52 pm

Today, before I took my daughter to my friends she decided to go into the bathroom and string dental floss all over the bathroom.  I didn't notice until I came home...I went to take a shower and it scared me.  I had to take it all down to even get all the way in.  When I talked to her before she went to bed she said she was pretending it was a spider web and the spider was gone to find food.  I told her it scared me (startled really) and she said "good". ;D

Your kids ever played a trick on you?

This is real good, if she thought of this herself she has talent.  I don't know for what, but talent nonetheless.

Written By: Jessica on 09/10/04 at 4:26 pm

The parasite inside me has a nasty trick of moving around a lot when I sit down, but when I put my hand over my belly to see if I can feel the movements on the outside, he/she stops moving. Little booger.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/10/04 at 4:36 pm

The parasite inside me has a nasty trick of moving around a lot when I sit down, but when I put my hand over my belly to see if I can feel the movements on the outside, he/she stops moving. Little booger.

My son did the same thing! It was like he said acknowledge me d#mn it! Then, when I do, he stops!

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 09/10/04 at 5:08 pm

This is real good, if she thought of this herself she has talent. I don't know for what, but talent nonetheless.

She does have an excellent imagination.  God help me when she is a teenager. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/04 at 5:58 pm

She does have an excellent imagination.  God help me when she is a teenager. ;)

No, don't ask for his help, he turns his back on parents when their children become
teenagers. Yes, he truly does, maybe it's a test of faith.  Forgive me father, for I have
teenagers. :D

Written By: Jessica on 09/10/04 at 7:25 pm

My son did the same thing! It was like he said acknowledge me d#mn it! Then, when I do, he stops!

Tanya

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...