inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What are your Movie's that you swear your the only one that likes let alone know

Written By: Harmonica on 07/28/04 at 8:59 pm

You know those movies that You watched you liked and that you had to look them up on the internet before you knew what the titles of them were?  Those movies that you thought were good but the rest of the world doesn't seem to like or for that matter the rest of the world looks at you like what? and you wonder to yourself did I imagine that movie or is it real.

Well for starters their used to be this movie on USA and I saw it twice when I was little around I'd say 1990 to 1992 and it was about this boy that somehow embarassed this older tougher kid I think by sending in a naked picture of him into a science magazine, and he spends the entire movie trying to avoid this kid. I remember the older kid finally catches up with him and he only hits him a few times and the older kids friend is like "come on come on kill him"and the older kid is like "no he's had enough, he's had enough"  Theirs also a scene where the boy makes fun of this girl out on the playground and she punches him really hard in the stomach. 

I'll also say the USA back in the old days was a master at playing these "unknown" movies

The Movies I do know that you probably either don't like or have never heard of

Buried Alive - A USA favorite once again. Stars Tim Matheson and a few others inwhich I'm not really sure of who they are. Tim's character's wife and another man try and poison Tim to death. They think they succeeded but decide not to embaum the body and just bury Tim's Character right away. He end's up waking up in the casket six feet underground. He goes back to his house and finds out why his wife and the man tried to kill him. He's about to shoot his wife and the man but then finds out that his wife had an abortion and decides that shooting them would be too easy. It's a very "justified" movie I'll put it that way. I like it because it shows a man being evil as in a form of revenge as in a form of "right" because it's and eye for an eye sort of thing.

Buried Alive II - I like it for one because it's a good sequel. It has Matheson in it, and a lot of small allusions to the first Buried Alive.  It's just the opposite story this time though the a lady is supposedly killed by her husband and his mistress but like Tim's character in the first one she wakes up 6 feet underground with a little help from Tim's Character. This movie was a lot like the original and I enjoyed it a lot too, for the same reasons.

Down, Out, and Dangerous - This movie starring Richard Thomas is about this guy that has a practically perfect life with exception to his rude and uncaring neighbor. One day a stranger(Richard Thomas) comes by and starts to help out this guy and they automatically become good friends. The stranger seems like a real good person and the guy thinks he is. Well the mean neighbor shoves the guy's pregnant wife down and the guy shoves the guy into some bricks. He knocks the guy out and runs to the house to call 911 for some help. The stranger takes the neighbors head and beats it against the bricks killing him. When the guy comes out the stranger makes it look like the guy killed him. The stranger convinces the guy to cover it up and act like it didn't happen. So the guy and his wife invite the stranger into their home.  What they don't know about the stranger is that he is actually a killer and a psycho.  Anyway the Stranger ends up going to jail when he tries to kill the wife and guy. I really liked this movie because it showed "John Boy"being evil and I wasn't used to that, I was gald Richard Thomas could portray such a character and portray him good.  I also liked this movie because it showed how circumstance alone can screw you over.

The Kissing Place - Starring Family Ties Maradith Baxtor it's about a Boy that has dreams everynight that his parents aren't his real parents and that he was kidnapped by the people who say they are his parents. He has this dream where his real mom is playing with him on the slide and she lets him go down the slide a lady(Maradith Baxtor) comes by and swipes him up and takes off with him. The movie is mostly about the boy trying to find out who he really is. I dont'remember a whole lot of scenes but the maradith's husband who helped her kidnap the boy tries to help the boy escape because he fears that the Lady will try and hurt the boy. When he does that the lady kills him out in the woods when they're looking for him. It's a really creepy scene because they're sexually playing out in the woods and she's on top of him and she takes out a gun and ask him if he knows where the boy is at he looks straight at the boy in his hiding place and then a loud bang is heard from the gun.  I also remember when the boy is trying to say to a man he meets that trys and  to help him that he looks nothing like his parents, and the man say's "well my mom is blonde, my dad is burnette,my two brothers and sister are blonde and I turned out a red head"  I don't remember how the movie ends I think the boy finally finds his real mother and the lady is killed. I like this movie because of it's suspence and the struggle the boy has to go through to find out the truth and how Maradith Baxtor can be unbelievably scary.

I have other bit's and pieces of movies go through my head like for instance a movie about this couple that lived on a Army base and the dad is reading to his little boy one night and a guy comes in and shoots the dad in the head but doesn't see the little boy. The little boy and the mother go up and live with this old man in hiding until they are found out by the fathers killers and have a show down at the end of the movie. I watched this movie when I was really little and remember the Doverman Pincher saving the little boy's life then getting it's throat slit and the mom going up to the guy that slit the dogs throat and putting the gun right next to his chest and shooting him, I thought that was so cool, and I thought the mom did that because she loved the dog, but she actually did it in vengence of her husband.

No use talking about the other movies I don't remember the titles too or who starred in them, but I sure would like to know what your "weird" movies are.

Subject: Re: What are your Movie's that you swear your the only one that likes let alone

Written By: Bobby on 07/29/04 at 4:23 am

I went for a film called 'Proof'. It is an Australian film made in 1991/2 and it features Hugo Weaving (Matrix Reloaded), Genevieve Picot and Russell Crowe (L.A Confidential, Gladiator, Beautiful Mind . . .). Weaving plays a blind photographer who takes pictures as evidence of what is around him. Crowe plays his friend who describes these pictures to him - it sounds stupid on paper but this film is very beautiful.

Subject: Re: What are your Movie's that you swear your the only one that likes let alone

Written By: gemini61 on 07/29/04 at 6:58 am

Ok, I'll admit that I'm hooked on those cheezy Lifetime Movie Network movies! Sappy but true!  :-[ Everytime I flip the channel by one of those movies, I get hooked and have to sit and watch the whole thing  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/29/04 at 7:47 am

"The Hollywood Knights" is not very well known and remains one of my favorite of all time.  I am also obsessed with this made for MTV movie called "Love Song".

Written By: Harmonica on 07/29/04 at 9:24 am

I'm glad to see all of the responses.

Another movie that I just remembered in my head was another USA favorite about the guy who wants to get laid really really bad but seems to have no luck with girls. This lady dies and before she can get into Heaven she has to help the boy. Welll she spends the entire time helping the boy as best she can but like any human being or "spirit" for that matter she makes mistakes as well.  At the end of the movie the boy looks at one of his friends and realizes that she is really the one he wants and he gets it on with her. It's a comedy movie and has that heart warming touch at the end in a boy going out on a limb to find what he was looking for only to find it right back where he started.

which reminds me of another movie about this Nerd that helps a girl by some real expensive clothes if she'll go out with him. He ends up proving to her that he's really not such a nerd or a looser and it ends up being her that wants him more than he wants her...or something like that I saw it on TBS.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/29/04 at 9:31 am

"The Hollywood Knights" is not very well known and remains one of my favorite of all time.  I am also obsessed with this made for MTV movie called "Love Song".

Their are 2 movies from Lifetime that I really like and you might be able to help me out with them

1 is where this young guy gets this young  girl pregnant and at first the girl wants nothing to do with the baby at all, but the boyfriend wants the baby, So he ends up being the one to take care of it and about 6 months later the girl comes around and wants her baby all of a sudden and the boyfriend spends the entire movie fighting for custody of his baby. I don't remember how it ended but I think the custody ended up going to the mother, because I remember watching this movie with my mother, and her saying the father should of gotten custody.

The other movie is about a mother trying to prove that her son was killed by his girlfriend. She ends up proving it at the end by finding his blood and some other clues, but supposivley his body was dumped at sea so it was never found.  It's based on a true story

and I'll add a third movie in...I didn't really like it but it has the Wonder Year's Whiney Cooper in it and it's about this black market agency that hires men to get women pregnant so they can steal the babies away and put them up for adoption.  It has another good actress in it that has twins taken away from her.

You know these?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/04 at 11:20 am

Creator with Peter O'Toole, Mariel Hemmingway, Virgina Madson, and David Ogden Stiers.

Crimes of Passion with Kathleen Turner and Anthony Perkins (yeah, he does play a pycho in this movie, too).

Let it Ride with Richard Dryfess, Jennifer Tilly, and Terri Garr (a few unknown actors at the time, Robbie Coltrane-AKA Hagrid in Harry Potter, and Cynthia Nixon from Sex in the City).

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 07/29/04 at 2:56 pm

That would be "Can't Buy Me Love" with Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson.  She ruined her mom's leather (or suede) outfit and he offers to buy it if she'll "pretend" they're going out so he can be cool.  He becomes uber-cool until she reveals (in a drunken stupor after she hears him using a poem that she wrote to scam on another girl) that he "bought her".  It all ends happy, though...
\

Thanks I'm glad I know the title now.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/04 at 6:37 pm

Rubin and Ed with Howard Hessman and Crispin Glover. 

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/04 at 10:57 pm

Boulevard Nights.

Written By: Fett69 on 07/30/04 at 2:41 am

Another movie that I just remembered in my head was another USA favorite about the guy who wants to get laid really really bad but seems to have no luck with girls. This lady dies and before she can get into Heaven she has to help the boy. Welll she spends the entire time helping the boy as best she can but like any human being or "spirit" for that matter she makes mistakes as well.  At the end of the movie the boy looks at one of his friends and realizes that she is really the one he wants and he gets it on with her. It's a comedy movie and has that heart warming touch at the end in a boy going out on a limb to find what he was looking for only to find it right back where he started.

I believe this, like "Can't Buy Me Love", is another Patrick Dempsey movie: "Meatballs 3", which has nothing to do with the original.  At all.  At least "Meatballs 2" took place at a summer camp.  I think "3" was located near a lake, during summer, end of similarities.

Don't get me wrong, the movie doesn't suck, it's a good cheesey 80s flick.  It just irks me that they tried to cash in on the "Meatballs" name.  Even after "2" didn't succeed. 

Written By: Fett69 on 07/30/04 at 2:48 am

I can't come up with anything for me, but one from the Mrs comes to mind.  I had no idea what she was talking about (when we were dating), and have seen it now once a few years ago on TBS or USA or something.

"The Gate" -  A very young Stephen Dorf and his friends open up a portal in their backyard that brings demons or monsters or whatever.  It's tied to listening to some heavy metal album or something.  She remembers it being kinda freaky at the time.  I just got it for her a few weeks ago as a kinda gag b-day gift ($5 at Best Buy)  So I'm sure I'll see it again. 

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/04 at 4:59 am

I can't come up with anything for me, but one from the Mrs comes to mind.  I had no idea what she was talking about (when we were dating), and have seen it now once a few years ago on TBS or USA or something.

"The Gate" -  A very young Stephen Dorf and his friends open up a portal in their backyard that brings demons or monsters or whatever.  It's tied to listening to some heavy metal album or something.  She remembers it being kinda freaky at the time.  I just got it for her a few weeks ago as a kinda gag b-day gift ($5 at Best Buy)  So I'm sure I'll see it again. 

Ah yes. A great film. I was expecting it to be really rubbish but I was pleasantly surprised by it's slickness. The only thing I can remember is these zombie type things breaking through walls.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/04 at 5:37 am

Two Tony Richardson(Mirandas' father, Vanessa Redgraves husband before he exited the closet) movies from the sixties.
"The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner"(also one of my favorite books) with
Tom Courtenay

"A Taste of Honey"

Anyone even know these movies anymore?

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/30/04 at 1:24 pm

Wow, I thought I was the only one that saw that one! What a perfectly bizarre film.

Student Bodies- Years before Scream or Scary Movie this spoof sent up the slasher movies with complete silliness. Horny high school students die just before engaging in sexual activities (as they usually do in slasher flicks), & this movie keeps track of the body count by actually flashing number of the dead (so far) on the screen.
With its twisted storyline and equally strange characters, you’ll never think of black trash bags & horse head bookends the same way again.
“Sometimes Malvert pee red”.
Too bad I can't find this film anywhere, out of print on VHS and don't think it'll ever be realeased on DVD... :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/04 at 6:08 pm

Wow, I thought I was the only one that saw that one! What a perfectly bizarre film.

Student Bodies- Years before Scream or Scary Movie this spoof sent up the slasher movies with complete silliness. Horny high school students die just before engaging in sexual activities (as they usually do in slasher flicks), & this movie keeps track of the body count by actually flashing number of the dead (so far) on the screen.
With its twisted storyline and equally strange characters, you’ll never think of black trash bags & horse head bookends the same way again.
Too bad I can't find this film anywhere, out of print on VHS and don't think it'll ever be realeased on DVD... :(

Try here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/B00001U0G5/qid=1091228786/sr=1-1/ref=sr_pb_a//102-9012701-1404925?condition=all

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 07/30/04 at 7:21 pm

Thanks man

Written By: Fett69 on 07/31/04 at 1:03 am

I LOVE  this flick!!  Totally forgot about it!  Is this the one with Tommy Smothers as the local law officer, dressed as a Royal Canadian Mountie?  Or it that from "Pandemonium"...?  Anywho, great pick, gumbypiz!

Written By: Fett69 on 07/31/04 at 1:29 am

OK, gumbypiz's pick "Student Bodies"  brought to mind 2 of my own.  Both are also horror spoofs: 

"Pandemonium"   If I remember correctly, it centers around a cheerleading camp that had cheerleaders killed, ala shiskabob, years ago.  It re-opens and murders start again.  Stars include Tom Smothers, Carol Kane, and I think one of Paul Rubens' (Pee Wee Herman) earliest roles.  Tom either is a Canadian Mountie, or thinks he is (which is funnier).  And he has a strange connection with his horse.    ???

"Saturday the 14th"  Richard Benjamin and his family move into a house left to them by a dead relative.  It has gags on nearly every monster/horror flick of the 70s/80s.  And, the 80s teenager inside me remembers, Kari Michaelsen (the oldest daughter on "Gimme A Break") in the bathtub!  :o   :D   :P 

Written By: Lanie on 07/31/04 at 1:47 am

Sweet Hostage starring Martin Sheen and Linda Blair
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0073772/

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/31/04 at 2:45 am

OK, gumbypiz's pick "Student Bodies"  brought to mind 2 of my own.  Both are also horror spoofs: 

"Pandemonium"   If I remember correctly, it centers around a cheerleading camp that had cheerleaders killed, ala shiskabob, years ago.  It re-opens and murders start again.  Stars include Tom Smothers, Carol Kane, and I think one of Paul Rubens' (Pee Wee Herman) earliest roles.  Tom either is a Canadian Mountie, or thinks he is (which is funnier).  And he has a strange connection with his horse.    ???

"Saturday the 14th"  Richard Benjamin and his family move into a house left to them by a dead relative.  It has gags on nearly every monster/horror flick of the 70s/80s.  And, the 80s teenager inside me remembers, Kari Michaelsen (the oldest daughter on "Gimme A Break") in the bathtub!  :o   :D   :P 

in Pandemonium I beleive he was a mountie.....and he treated his horse better than he did his partner, Paul Reubens.......

I never thought that movie was very funny........

for info on these obscure movies, I point everyone to www.imdb.com

Written By: resinchaser on 07/31/04 at 6:36 am

Spun starring Brittany Murphy, Jason Schwartzman, and Mickey Rourke.

Yes I know i'm probably the only one in the world that liked this better than "Requiem For A Dream". But Mickey Rourke's performance as "The Chef" cracked me up. ;D

Plus Billy Corgan did an amazing job with the score :)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/31/04 at 9:55 am

"Welcome to the Dollhouse" (1995)

"Sarah T. - Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic" - (1975) starring Linda Blair!

"Suburbia" (1984)   Written & Directed by Penelope Spheeris (one of my favorite directors)

"Liquid Sky" (1982)

"Love at First Bite" (1979) :D 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/04 at 12:29 pm

You guys are reminding me of movies that I haven't even THOUGHT about in so long. Student Bodies, Pandamonium, and  Saturday the 14th. I also remember Sweet Hostage and LOVED that movie when I first saw it. I haven't seen it in many, many years.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 12:38 pm

Mischief from 1985

Written By: Jessica on 07/31/04 at 1:46 pm

"Welcome to the Dollhouse" (1995)

That movie is fantastic! :D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/31/04 at 3:08 pm

Nope, I love that movie.  I worked at a video store that actually stocked it.  The day it came back broken I cried.  the funny thing is the only reason I first watched it was that it was filmed here in Utah.  Now I love it.

Saturday the 14th is also one of my favorite movies.  It is a hoot.

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/31/04 at 5:35 pm

Nope, I love that movie.  I worked at a video store that actually stocked it.  The day it came back broken I cried.  the funny thing is the only reason I first watched it was that it was filmed here in Utah.  Now I love it.

No question, a very good, if off beat film.

A little off topic trivia on Rubin & Ed. There is an infamous incident on the David Letterman show with Crispin Glover. Glover almost kicks Letterman’s head off in demonstrating his karate skills. Letterman freaks, and Glover is banned from the show to this day due to his antics that night. Watching Glover you’d think he was completely insane or on drugs.
If anyone is familiar Rubin & Ed, notice that Glover is actually in still in character from the movie, all the weird clothing and with the disco platforms, which explains some of his behavior on Letterman.

All this talk has refreshed my memory of lesser known movies that I liked....

Has anyone seen these strange films? Some of my faves...

The Dark Backward - Difficult to describe this film, it’s dark, dirty, grimy and disgusting (but I still like it). Judd Nelson as a permanently sweaty, terribly unfunny comic that slowly rises to semi fame when a third arm starts to grow out of his back. This film is SOOO gross, and Bill Paxton does so many disgusting things its almost too much to take, but it IS a comedy and builds this “watching a train wreck” compulsion, you just have to watch the flick. Rob Lowe and Wayne Newton also appear to add more smarminess to the already over the top story. Look out for the ficticous product ads for "Glump Bacon Fat in a Can"  ::) and others, bizzare.

Arizona Dream - Starring Johnny Depp who is obsessed with fish, is picked by his uncle, (Jerry Lewis) to take over his Cadillac dealership. Depp meets Fay Dunaway and strike up a romance. This film is WEIRD. Along with fish that pop up, floating swimming across the screen randomly, Dunaways characters obsession with flying and Jerry Lewis’s bizarre quirks, it’s amazing that this is watch able at all. It plays like a strange drug induced dream, very, very bizarre film.

Liquid Sky – Someone already mention this. Punk rock, aliens, sex, drugs. I’ve rented this film at least 4 times and still haven’t been able to watch straight through. It’s like chewing on tin foil; I dare you to watch this one. ;)

Basket Case – Horror story about a ugly creature living in and carried around in a basket. This movie doesn’t deserve any further description, just a good BAD film, poor production, poor acting. Lots of laughs and fun.

Motorama - Road movie about a 10 yr old driving a classic Mustang around the country collecting Motorama cards from particpating gas stations for a mysterious prize. Strange enough, with a child driving around on a phone book to see the road, and block of wood to operate the pedals, but mixed in with cameos of Flea (Chili Peppers), Drew Barrymore, & Meatloaf make it even stranger.

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/04 at 6:03 pm

Basket Case – Horror story about a ugly creature living in and carried around in a basket. This movie doesn’t deserve any further description, just a good BAD film, poor production, poor acting. Lots of laughs and fun.

I've heard about this film, Gumbypiz. I wouldn't mind having a look at it.

Anyone heard of the Australian/New Zealand based film called 'Bad Taste'. It was about a group of blokes that try to save the world from aliens that try to take over the world. There is an unbelievable scene in it where a guy falls and cracks his head on the floor and he spends the time to put bits of his brain back into his head.  ;D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/31/04 at 6:41 pm

That movie is fantastic! :D

I recommend this to anyone who has low self-esteem.  This movie means a lot to me. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/04 at 8:05 pm

There was a movie called Paradise with Pheobe Cates.

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 08/01/04 at 6:43 pm

I'll add another one to the list

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle - A movie about a woman that looses her baby and tries to steal the life away from another woman. She tries to steal her kids and her husband away. Ernie Hudson is in the movie and he plays a retarded man that ends up helping out at the end. I like the movie, the plot, the characters and the ending.

Written By: Lanie on 08/01/04 at 7:58 pm

I'll add another one to the list

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle - A movie about a woman that looses her baby and tries to steal the life away from another woman. She tries to steal her kids and her husband away. Ernie Hudson is in the movie and he plays a retarded man that ends up helping out at the end. I like the movie, the plot, the characters and the ending.

Oh,I love that movie! Me,my mom and my brother went to go see it when it came out.  :)

Written By: karen on 08/02/04 at 10:59 am

I saw this one many years ago at a friends house.  It would have been in the early 80's.  She was the first of my friends to get a video player and her dad would rent virtually any film for us to watch when we babysat her younger siblings.

I've a feeling this might have had an 18 rating?  (or X as it was then) most of the films we watched were  ;D.

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/02/04 at 12:49 pm

Those are some great movies. Alot of them brought back memories.

The movie Bad Taste was done by a little known director called Peter Jackson (LotR). I also liked his movie (as gross as it was) Dead Alive. Another movie I liked along those lines was It's Alive and its sequels.

Here are some others:
The Changeling - eerie George C. Scott ghost story
Somewhere Tomorrow - a young Sarah Jessica Parker sees dead people
Worst Witch - a pre-Craft Fairuza Balk practicing being a witch
Society - Billy Warlock realizes his family is into more than just bonding
Meridian - a beauty and the beast tale done w/ a twist and Sherilyn Fenn
The Midnight Hour - a group of teen unleash the dead accidentally, of course

Fast Forward - a group of teens try to make it in New York

Written By: Jessica on 08/02/04 at 1:17 pm

There was a movie called Paradise with Pheobe Cates.

Cat

I've seen that one. It's a nice little rip-off of The Blue Lagoon. Neither one of them was very good though. :P

Written By: Harmonica on 08/02/04 at 11:31 pm

I have another one to add to the list

Just one of the guys - A girl pretend to be a guy because she thinks her articles she writes are being discriminated against because she is a female.  She transfers schools and becomes friends with this guy, who she falls in love with. The movie has a lot of funny parts in it and the irony is that she's actually a really good looking girl so it's funny that people didn't catch on that she was a girl.  Like I said a lot of funny parts in the movie, the one that sticks out in my head right now is when she says to her friend that she likes "I have to tell you something Greg"  and he replys "I know..your gay", "No I'm not gay"  then it her secret of being girl isn't a secret anymore.

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/03/04 at 8:01 am

Just one of the guys - A girl pretend to be a guy because she thinks her articles she writes are being discriminated against because she is a female.  She transfers schools and becomes friends with this guy, who she falls in love with. The movie has a lot of funny parts in it and the irony is that she's actually a really good looking girl so it's funny that people didn't catch on that she was a girl.  Like I said a lot of funny parts in the movie, the one that sticks out in my head right now is when she says to her friend that she likes "I have to tell you something Greg"  and he replys "I know..your gay", "No I'm not gay"  then it her secret of being girl isn't a secret anymore.

Loved that movie :)....I think they had a Corey Haim movie, where he pretended to be a girl. Can't remember the whole plotline.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/04 at 4:53 pm

I saw a movie called "Cannonball" about a guy (David Carradine) who enters an auto race from LA to New York City....ironically, it came out the same year another racing movie came out called "The Gumball Rally" with Peter Sarazin...this was a race FROM New York City to LA....both from 1976

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/04 at 6:31 pm

Those are some great movies. Alot of them brought back memories.

The movie Bad Taste was done by a little known director called Peter Jackson (LotR). I also liked his movie (as gross as it was) Dead Alive. Another movie I liked along those lines was It's Alive and its sequels.

Society - Billy Warlock realizes his family is into more than just bonding

Wow! I had no idea Peter Jackson was involved with that movie. Very funny. The cheap effects made the whole thing even more risible.

Ah! Society. An incredible film which features a really repelling end scene. Brilliant.

Written By: Davester on 08/03/04 at 6:39 pm

Becket - Peter Glenville  (1964) - Based on a play by Jean Anouilh all around superb acting by O'Toole and Burton.
   The Beast - Kevin Reynolds (1988) - only major production I know of featuring the Soviet/Afghan War of the 80's.  Actually scandalous in it's day.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/04/04 at 2:52 am

thats one of those movies they play on Comedy Central all the time that i cant stand....wow, movie wise, they really went downhill...wait, thats a different post

Written By: Harmonica on 08/04/04 at 1:30 pm

thats one of those movies they play on Comedy Central all the time that i cant stand....wow, movie wise, they really went downhill...wait, thats a different post

I know what you mean by those movies you can't stand....but as far as Comedy Central is concerned about going downhill? Hmmmm I remember when they used to play Dogma a movie I hate worse than anyother movie ever made and I married an Axe Murder a movie that makes absolutely no sense, all the time. Now they play a lot of Kingpin and the older comedies...which I enjoy. So I say they've gone uphill..........a battle of perspective.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/04/04 at 3:59 pm

I know what you mean by those movies you can't stand....but as far as Comedy Central is concerned about going downhill? Hmmmm I remember when they used to play Dogma a movie I hate worse than anyother movie ever made and I married an Axe Murder a movie that makes absolutely no sense, all the time. Now they play a lot of Kingpin and the older comedies...which I enjoy. So I say they've gone uphill..........a battle of perspective.

I remember along time ago in the early 90s whent hey had "British comedy Wenesday" ..that was funny.....

Personally I love Dogma, and So I married an axe murderer has its points, but they havent really been good with getting good movies ...ever......or at least since they stopped showing Monty Python

every now and then they show a good movie, but that's often offset by crap like "Zapped!"......

show wise, I guess theyve always been good...though, they have had their share of crap there...but usually on the TV show field, they do better

Written By: MooRocca on 08/04/04 at 11:23 pm

I really don't know whether these are well known or not, but I saw and very much enjoyed two, recently, that might(?) qualify, here: The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera and Bubba Hotep.  When I was a kid, I loved the old Riings On Their Fingers, Bells On Their Toes and Cheaper By the Dozen movies and all of the old  Blondie and Dagwood movies -- they were probably quite well known in their day, but I haven't seen any of them in at least 25 years. 

Written By: jaytee on 08/06/04 at 6:30 am

Personally I love Dogma,

Well Billy ... I won't hold  it against you.  I fell asleep during that movie!

There's a little known movie I really like called "A Walk On The Moon".  I also like a lot of foreign films.  What is with people and sub-titles!  ::)  I know a few people who won't see a movie if it's sub-titled because they say takes away from the film.  I particularly like the work of Director, Pedro Almodovar.  Some of his films are my favourites.

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/06/04 at 8:07 am

I did see the preview for Bubba Hotep and wanted to see it.

Here are some more I thought of:
Hunk (cheesy 80's movie)  :)
Subspecies (I believe there is a triology)
Cube

Written By: Jessica on 08/06/04 at 1:10 pm

I've thought of a couple more.

Elvira Madigan

Bound By Honor (Benjamin Bratt's third movie :o)

Written By: Jennifer2776 on 08/07/04 at 4:36 am

Quote by Harmonica :Their are 2 movies from Lifetime that I really like and you might be able to help me out with them

1 is where this young guy gets this young  girl pregnant and at first the girl wants nothing to do with the baby at all, but the boyfriend wants the baby, So he ends up being the one to take care of it and about 6 months later the girl comes around and wants her baby all of a sudden and the boyfriend spends the entire movie fighting for custody of his baby. I don't remember how it ended but I think the custody ended up going to the mother, because I remember watching this movie with my mother, and her saying the father should of gotten custody.

The other movie is about a mother trying to prove that her son was killed by his girlfriend. She ends up proving it at the end by finding his blood and some other clues, but supposivley his body was dumped at sea so it was never found.  It's based on a true story

and I'll add a third movie in...I didn't really like it but it has the Wonder Year's Whiney Cooper in it and it's about this black market agency that hires men to get women pregnant so they can steal the babies away and put them up for adoption.  It has another good actress in it that has twins taken away from her.

You know these?

The First one is Unwed Father starring Brian Austin Green and Nicholle Tom
I'm still trying to figure out the second one if you remember any actors or actress let me know and I might be able to tell you the second movie.
The Third one is Moment of Truth Movie:Cradle of Conspiracy starring Danica McKellar(Wonder Years)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/07/04 at 7:50 am

I've thought of a couple more.

Elvira Madigan

Bound By Honor (Benjamin Bratt's third movie :o)

I remember seeing Elvira Madigan, it was so romantic, I wanted to run away to a french chateau
and live on bread and cheese with Clint Eastwood. 

Written By: Harmonica on 08/07/04 at 2:37 pm

The First one is Unwed Father starring Brian Austin Green and Nicholle Tom
I'm still trying to figure out the second one if you remember any actors or actress let me know and I might be able to tell you the second movie.
The Third one is Moment of Truth Movie:Cradle of Conspiracy starring Danica McKellar(Wonder Years)

How does Unwed Father end?  Tell me more about it...I liked it

Don't know any actresses or actors from the 2nd movie...sorry

Written By: Jennifer2776 on 08/07/04 at 6:15 pm

How does Unwed Father end?  Tell me more about it...I liked it

Don't know any actresses or actors from the 2nd movie...sorry

I really don't remember how Unwed Father ends it has been a long time since I have seen it but it  is coming on Lifetime channel September 27th @2 pm et/pt
I think I may have found out the second movie does When He Didn't Come Home sound familiar it comes on Lifetime channel September 5 @ 5pm et/pt here is a brief summary of this movie  Stars:Patty Duke, Kelly Rowan, Robert Floyd and Rosemary Dunsmore
A woman's 26-year-old son is killed — and the mother suspects his wealthy, hot-tempered fiancée.

Written By: Harmonica on 08/08/04 at 8:47 pm

You know I looked up Unwed father and I don't know if that's the movie or not...it seems to new 1997 just seems to new.

I have one way and only one way to find out.  Did he drive a small red convertible in the movie? If the answer is yes, then that's the movie I'm looking for.

Subject: Re: What are your Movie's that you swear your the only one that likes let alone know

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/09/04 at 12:47 pm

I also thought of The Watcher in the Woods and Anna to the Infinite Power.

Subject: Re: What are your Movie's that you swear your the only one that likes let alone know

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/04 at 1:53 pm

I also thought of The Watcher in the Woods and Anna to the Infinite Power.

I actually kind of like Anna to the Infinite Power-even though the critics panned it.

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/09/04 at 2:30 pm

I actually kind of like Anna to the Infinite Power-even though the critics panned it.

Cat
Me too. But I think the idea of cloning like that was not a believable idea back then.

Written By: onaree on 08/09/04 at 2:41 pm

Drop Dead Fred.  I love this movie!

Also, everytime Unwed Father and Fifteen and Pregnant is on, I have to watch it. 

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/09/04 at 2:53 pm

Drop Dead Fred.  I love this movie!

Also, everytime Unwed Father and Fifteen and Pregnant is on, I have to watch it. 
I love Drop Dead Fred, the mother is so like mine its scary, so I can relate alot.
I also like 15 & Pregnant.

I also like The Lady in White.

Written By: Harmonica on 08/09/04 at 6:41 pm

Yes that is the movie then.

And I'll say Drop Dead Fred is a good one.

So many funny parts in that movie....Great movie...

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/10/04 at 12:15 pm

Oh, Phantom of the Paradise

Written By: NullandVoid on 08/10/04 at 2:43 pm

Speakin of USA, remember when they used to show those crazy Highschool/teenager movies? Well though I've seen and forgotten tons of them theres one title I can't get out of miy head:
HARDBODIES Does anyone remember this?

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/10/04 at 2:48 pm

Speakin of USA, remember when they used to show those crazy Highschool/teenager movies? Well though I've seen and forgotten tons of them theres one title I can't get out of miy head:
HARDBODIES Does anyone remember this?
Yes, I remember that as well as Fraternity Vacation, Up The Creek, etc... ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/04 at 6:10 pm

I actually have Up the Creek on video.

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/11/04 at 8:25 am

Better Off Dead  :D

Written By: Harmonica on 08/11/04 at 9:40 am

I'll add a new one to the list.

Cop n a Half - I thought it was more popular than what it was but the more people I talk with about it, the less they seem to know about it.

Anyway Better Off Dead has John my man Cusack in it....so your not alone their.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/04 at 5:46 pm

Another Better Off Dead fan here, too.

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 5:51 pm

Oh, Phantom of the Paradise

Oh yes, I know Phantom of the Paradise .

I think that was the re-working of the Phantom of the Opera set in the 70s filled with garish images and music.

Written By: AL-B on 08/11/04 at 7:02 pm

I've seen that one--I'd laugh my @ss off whenever Rubin (Crispin Glover...who else could POSSIBLY play that role?) would get mad and fling one of his ridiculously tall platform shoes off of his foot with deadly accuracy! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: AL-B on 08/11/04 at 7:37 pm

I've heard about this film, Gumbypiz. I wouldn't mind having a look at it.

Anyone heard of the Australian/New Zealand based film called 'Bad Taste'. It was about a group of blokes that try to save the world from aliens that try to take over the world. There is an unbelievable scene in it where a guy falls and cracks his head on the floor and he spends the time to put bits of his brain back into his head.  ;D
My brother rented Bad Taste, and it couldn't have been more aptly titled. It's one of the grossest movies I've ever seen, but also one of the funniest. I swear, me and my brother were laughing so hard we were almost crying.

Another little known Peter Jackson film is Meet The Feebles (1989). Incredibly, this film was even more twisted (IMO) than Bad Taste. All of the characters are puppets, and it is a thinly disguised parody of "The Muppet Show." They are a comedy/vaudeville troupe who are preparing for their national television debut. Behind the scenes, however, they are not all warm and fuzzy like the Muppets. For example, there's a two-timing coke-dealing walrus, a heroin-addicted frog who's also a Vietnam vet, an overly promiscuous rabbit who may or may not have contracted the AIDS virus, a flamboyently gay fox, and an emotionally unstable hippo (who talks uncannily like Miss Piggy) who finds comfort in binge-eating, just to name a few. This is without question one of the most twisted movies I've ever seen.  You'll either think its the funniest thing you've ever seen or you'll find it completely revolting, or (like me) both.
 And these movies are from the same guy who brought us Lord Of The Rings!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/04 at 10:05 pm

I've seen that one--I'd laugh my @ss off whenever Rubin (Crispin Glover...who else could POSSIBLY play that role?) would get mad and fling one of his ridiculously tall platform shoes off of his foot with deadly accuracy! ;D ;D ;D

That was great.  Then there was the cooler. ;D

Written By: NbC on 08/12/04 at 4:49 am

Yes that is the movie then.

And I'll say Drop Dead Fred is a good one.

So many funny parts in that movie....Great movie...

I have that on tape.  Stupid but very funny. 

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/12/04 at 8:31 am

Oh yes, I know Phantom of the Paradise .

I think that was the re-working of the Phantom of the Opera set in the 70s filled with garish images and music.
Yes that was it exactly.

Written By: AL-B on 08/12/04 at 11:18 pm

That was great.  Then there was the cooler. ;D
Oh yeah...when he takes a drink from it??? EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/13/04 at 7:14 pm

Oh yeah...when he takes a drink from it??? EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

Yup...that was rather disgusting.

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/20/04 at 8:25 am

Thought of another one...The Philadelphia Experiment

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/25/04 at 12:02 pm

Well, I certainly wouldn't "swear" to it, but .......

"Eating Raoul"

Robert Beltran, who played Chakotay on Star Trek: Voyager, plays "Raoul" in this twisted, warped, dark, and hilarious farce of psychotic insanity, murder, and sexual perversion!  And a friend of mine from college along with his girlfriend-at-the-time play a couple making-out by the fireplace in a crazy swinger-party scene!

From Amazon.com:

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
You'd think a black comedy about murder, tackiness, and sexual perversion would quickly become dated, but Eating Raoul (1982) feels surprisingly fresh and delightful. When Mary Bland (Mary Woronov) gets assaulted by one of the repulsive swingers from the neighboring apartment, her husband Paul (Paul Bartel) rescues her with a swift blow from a frying pan--only to discover a substantial wad of cash in the swinger's wallet. A lure-and-kill scheme follows, which nicely fills their nest egg until a slippery thief named Raoul (Robert Beltran of Star Trek: Voyager, making his film debut) stumbles onto the truth and insists on getting a share. When Raoul starts demanding a share of Mary as well, Paul has to take drastic steps. The key to Eating Raoul isn't the sensational content, but the blithe, matter-of-fact attitude Bartel and Woronov take to it; their sly underplaying makes the movie sparkle with wicked wit. --Bret Fetzer --This text refers to the DVD edition.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/25/04 at 4:41 pm

Well, I certainly wouldn't "swear" to it, but .......

"Eating Raoul"

Robert Beltran, who played Chakotay on Star Trek: Voyager, plays "Raoul" in this twisted, warped, dark, and hilarious farce of psychotic insanity, murder, and sexual perversion!  And a friend of mine from college along with his girlfriend-at-the-time play a couple making-out by the fireplace in a crazy swinger-party scene!

From Amazon.com:

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
You'd think a black comedy about murder, tackiness, and sexual perversion would quickly become dated, but Eating Raoul (1982) feels surprisingly fresh and delightful. When Mary Bland (Mary Woronov) gets assaulted by one of the repulsive swingers from the neighboring apartment, her husband Paul (Paul Bartel) rescues her with a swift blow from a frying pan--only to discover a substantial wad of cash in the swinger's wallet. A lure-and-kill scheme follows, which nicely fills their nest egg until a slippery thief named Raoul (Robert Beltran of Star Trek: Voyager, making his film debut) stumbles onto the truth and insists on getting a share. When Raoul starts demanding a share of Mary as well, Paul has to take drastic steps. The key to Eating Raoul isn't the sensational content, but the blithe, matter-of-fact attitude Bartel and Woronov take to it; their sly underplaying makes the movie sparkle with wicked wit. --Bret Fetzer --This text refers to the DVD edition.

Ive been trying to see this movie ever since it was released on DVD, but the Blockbuster near me refuses to carry it.....yet they have pornos...how does that make sense? 

heres one:

Bambi Meets Godzilla

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/25/04 at 5:04 pm

sorry to get off topic but Blockbuster has pornos  :o I thought they didn't go down that road.

That Eating Raoul sounds interesting. I'll try one of the other video stores around here to see if I can find it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/04 at 7:38 pm

I think I saw "Eating Raoul". If it is what I think it is, I thought it was kind of stupid.

Has anyone seen "Delicatessen"? It is a French dark comedy.

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/25/04 at 8:58 pm

sorry to get off topic but Blockbuster has pornos  :o I thought they didn't go down that road.

That Eating Raoul sounds interesting. I'll try one of the other video stores around here to see if I can find it.

the one by me does...or at least soft core stuff....but as far as I remember, they dont carry anyhting rated NC-17...so these must be some really crappy pornos......

Written By: Koop on 08/25/04 at 11:54 pm

Thought of another one...The Philadelphia Experiment

I like that movie, too.  They actually made a sequel to it. (It was HORRIBLE!)  I wonder whatever happened to Michael Pare.  I always thought he was cute. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/04 at 10:39 am

heres one:

Bambi Meets Godzilla

I have seen that a couple of times. In fact, I was just talking about the movie a few days ago.

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/26/04 at 10:54 am

I like that movie, too.  They actually made a sequel to it. (It was HORRIBLE!)  I wonder whatever happened to Michael Pare.  I always thought he was cute. 
Yeah, when I saw the sequel I was like "huh?", but it was an ok sci-fi flick, but nowhere near as good as the first.

Here's link for Michael Pare... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001595/

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 08/26/04 at 6:41 pm

Titticut Follies
March of the Wooden Soldiers
From 7 to 21 Up
Fatso

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/26/04 at 8:46 pm

with Laurel and Hardy?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/04 at 1:31 pm

Used to watch that every Thanksgiving on Channel 11 in NY

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/14/05 at 11:20 pm

i remember seeing some of these movies when I was a kid...a lot of them were movies featured on the Disney Sunday Movie....

Mr. Boogedy
Bride of Boogedy

there was also this movie..all i can remember is that there was this kid and his mom and they were traveling via an RV....and all i remember is hearing the song, "We built this City" in the background.

Also...
do you guys remember the break dancing movies...

Breakin
Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo

Erin :)

Written By: jiminy on 04/14/05 at 11:26 pm

A movie I made myself... I kid, I kid...
Dead and Buried

http://www.blue-underground.com/images/imgcache/df492daa5c46d27478756e484295fcd0.jpg

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/14/05 at 11:29 pm

Oh, I have a ton from the late 80's/early 90's! :D Mostly lighthearted comedies.

A few from my collection offhand:

Summer School
Howard the Duck
Madhouse
Weekend at Bernie's 2
Every 'Police Academy' sequel
Like Father Like Son
Armed & Dangerous

Alot of these, I discovered when we commonly rented movies circa 1992/93 and they were still in print.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/18/05 at 2:04 pm

She's out of control

I know people know this one but I am the only one I know that likes it  :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001EFTSS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: zcrito on 04/18/05 at 3:11 pm

Becket - Peter Glenville  (1964) - Based on a play by Jean Anouilh all around superb acting by O'Toole and Burton.
   The Beast - Kevin Reynolds (1988) - only major production I know of featuring the Soviet/Afghan War of the 80's.  Actually scandalous in it's day.

I just saw this thread, and after eight months...

Becket - Peter Glenville  (1964)
Nice pick. That's a good '60s flick.
;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/23/05 at 11:08 am

How bout this one??

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00015HVM4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Check out Kelly Preston and Joaquin Phoenix (went by leaf back then)

Written By: AngeliK on 04/23/05 at 11:25 am

How bout this one??

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00015HVM4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Check out Kelly Preston and Joaquin Phoenix (went by leaf back then)

omg! I saw this last year randomly on tv and I thought it was really good!

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/15/07 at 7:12 pm

Has anyone seen "Delicatessen"? It is a French dark comedy.

Cat

Nu, but I just saw "Amelie", which is by the same director/writer.

Written By: Davester on 02/15/07 at 7:34 pm

I just saw this thread, and after eight months...

Becket - Peter Glenville

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/07 at 8:04 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075011/

And they released it on DVD! Hooray!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/15/07 at 9:16 pm

"Fire with Fire" with Craig Sheffer & Virginia Madsen....

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/07 at 9:44 pm

Private Resort (1985) starring then unknowns Rob Morrow and Johnny Depp

http://sidesalad.net/archives/Private%20Resort.jpg

Written By: Apricot on 02/15/07 at 10:09 pm

I like The Guinea Pig movies, but that's a bit too obscure and morbid for most people..

I also like a lot of Japanese horror films and independent horror films.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/15/07 at 10:29 pm

A few months back I was dating this girl who was way into horror movies, and she showed me this one called "Cannibal Holocaust." It came out in 1979 and it was hyped as having contained real footage of a documentary film crew who were hacked to pieces by some cannibalistic tribes in the Amazon rain forest. I've heard it from several sources online that it was all staged but if that was the case, the special effects were very well done for the time. So well done, as a matter-of-fact, that the authorities actually arrested the director for making a snuff film and he had to bring in the actors (who, as part of the film contract, were allegedly instructed to go into hiding for the next year to somehow add to the realism of the film) to prove that they were alive and the death scenes weren't real. 
  There was a scene where the film crew caught a giant turtle out of the river and butchered it on camera, and that WAS real and it was one of the grossest things I'd ever seen.  I'm not a big horror movie fan myself, but if that's your thing (and you're into Faces of Death and that kind of stuff), I'd recommend it.

Written By: zcrito on 02/16/07 at 8:57 pm

Hey, did you know that "Becket" is being released on DVD, for the first time, this May..?  Yeap, that's right, you can put away your old, worn out VHS copy.  I thought I'd never see the day.  I've ordered two - one for me, one as a gift...

Freshly restored and including commentary by the Great Peter O'Toole..!

2007 is shaping up nicely for DVD releases...

Buy? No, for me I'll think I'll Netflix it instead. I haven't seen it in probably 10+ years.

Written By: Tia on 02/16/07 at 9:02 pm

A few months back I was dating this girl who was way into horror movies, and she showed me this one called "Cannibal Holocaust." It came out in 1979 and it was hyped as having contained real footage of a documentary film crew who were hacked to pieces by some cannibalistic tribes in the Amazon rain forest. I've heard it from several sources online that it was all staged but if that was the case, the special effects were very well done for the time. So well done, as a matter-of-fact, that the authorities actually arrested the director for making a snuff film and he had to bring in the actors (who, as part of the film contract, were allegedly instructed to go into hiding for the next year to somehow add to the realism of the film) to prove that they were alive and the death scenes weren't real. 
  There was a scene where the film crew caught a giant turtle out of the river and butchered it on camera, and that WAS real and it was one of the grossest things I'd ever seen.  I'm not a big horror movie fan myself, but if that's your thing (and you're into Faces of Death and that kind of stuff), I'd recommend it.
holy crap, someone else who knows about cannibal holocaust. that movie damaged me for life. and yet... parts of it are pretty good.

i love the movie reel shrine. spooky.

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/07 at 9:13 pm

How about the super cheezy action-comedy The Ice Pirates starring Robert Urich and Mary "I Shot J.R." Crosby

I used to like this movie, but when I bought the DVD, i realized just how stupid it was, but it still made me laugh ;D

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/8970000/8977718.jpg

Written By: MLB on 02/16/07 at 9:18 pm

"The Gods Must Be Crazy"  It's hilarious without trying or probably meaning to be. 1980 something Kalahari bushman among whites trying to get rid of an "evil thing" his tribe doesn't want anymore.

Written By: Davester on 02/16/07 at 9:27 pm

"The Gods Must Be Crazy"   It's hilarious without trying or probably meaning to be. 1980 something Kalahari bushman among whites trying to get rid of an "evil thing" his tribe doesn't want anymore.

H-m-m...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the premise of this movie revolve around an empty Coke can..?

Written By: Tia on 02/16/07 at 9:29 pm

i think it was a bottle. and i think it mighta been pepsi, but don't quote me.

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/07 at 9:32 pm

The one thing I always remembered about "The Gods Must Be Crazy" was that one of the stars of it was a guy named N!xau, and I always thought it was weird that someone would have an exclamation point in their name

Written By: Davester on 02/16/07 at 9:34 pm

In any case, I'm officially intrigued...

Ima have to rent that puppy...

Written By: Tia on 02/16/07 at 9:41 pm

In any case, I'm officially intrigued...

Ima have to rent that puppy...
i gotta be honest, it wasn't my favorite. i saw it a long time ago, i might not have been old enough to appreciate it, everything i've heard is that it's pretty good.

Written By: MLB on 02/16/07 at 9:48 pm

Davester. If you like pratfalls and slap stick or Outback Adventure type movies then GMBC! will fit the bill. but there is a bit of African loin cloth semi-nudity but yes it does revolve around throwing a coke bottle...glass bottle off the so called face of the earth to save his people from the strife of fighting for it.  It has a message---somewhere,  and it's funny too. plus it;s a bit of a love story.

Written By: Tia on 02/16/07 at 10:06 pm

i discovered the term for that is "cargo cult" -- folks who worship the crap that falls out of planes. one of my favorite terms ever.

Written By: zcrito on 02/16/07 at 10:26 pm

A Coca-Cola bottle.

http://www.dvdzap.ca/dvd-imgs/1315d0/gods-must-be-crazy.jpg

A nice simple movie I remembering seeing back in 1985, like everyone else.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/16/07 at 10:30 pm

I love the Gods Must Be Crazy.  I like the message the film presents, too. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/16/07 at 10:37 pm

I love the Gods Must Be Crazy.  I like the message the film presents, too. 

Coke = GR8

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/16/07 at 10:40 pm

I've just noticed that the title of this thread is backwards.

Check for new replies or respond here...