inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What type of hair do you have?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/29/04 at 11:04 am

Mine's super-kinky-curly (still curly after "anti-curl" treatment), a little past shoulder length and naturally, it's brown, but I have red, blonde and dark brown high-/low-lights in it.  When I was younger, it was straight as a board and platinum blonde, then I hit puberty and it turned doo-doo brown and curly.  My hairdresser says it might go straight again when I "go through the change" :) ;D

Subject: Re: What type of hair do you have?

Written By: karen on 07/29/04 at 11:09 am

I've short-ish (about my ears) dark brown hair that is a straight as you like.

It has variously been shorter than this and much longer and varied in colour from black through red to orangey-blonde (that's what happens when you home-bleach dark brown hair!)

I've also had it permed from time to time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/04 at 11:53 am

Medium brown, thick curly hair.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/29/04 at 12:05 pm

My hair is shoulder-length and a medium brown color.  It's permed right now to add fullness because my hair is naturally very fine.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/04 at 12:09 pm

When I was a young kid, we had a friend/hairdresser who used to do our hair. She loved to give pixies-so we all had them. I hated it. Because of that, I have ALWAYS had long hair since I was about 7 or so but never as long as I wanted. As a teen, my hair was very oily. But by the time I was 15, those nasty grays were coming up. (Yes, it is true-gray hair at age 15). I started color it at the age of 19. So because I have been coloring my hair for all these years, my hair is now very dry and not very healthy. I do get it done once a month for color and for a trim to try to get rid of all the dead ends. It seems like a neverending battle. But, I still have nature wavy/curly hair. I made the mistake one time of having someone talk me into getting a perm (yes, with nature wavy/curly hair and all). I would NEVER, EVER do that again. My orginal color was a dark brown. Over the years, I have added a red tint to it. So now it is more of a auburn/brown color. There are many times when I threaten to cut it ALL off and go with the Sinead O'Conner look.  ;)

Cat

Written By: conker on 07/29/04 at 12:17 pm

Thick curly red brown celtic hair....too many red headed scots in my backround.

Written By: Bobo on 07/29/04 at 12:38 pm

Blond, far too nappy, tempsy-temps mulleted, or quiffed, but mercifully never shaved off for charity.

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/04 at 1:39 pm

A little above shoulder length (I just cut it all off the other night...it was pretty dead :P), naturally wavy (thanks dad), brown hair with reddish blonde highlights at the bottom. The highlights are left over from a previous dye job. Once my natural hair grows in though, I'll have reddish highlights at the bottom, minus the blonde. Usually if I stay in the sun, my hair will turn cinnamon colored. Go figure. ::)

Written By: Marian on 07/29/04 at 2:35 pm

Mine's super-kinky-curly (still curly after "anti-curl" treatment), a little past shoulder length and naturally, it's brown, but I have red, blonde and dark brown high-/low-lights in it.  When I was younger, it was straight as a board and platinum blonde, then I hit puberty and it turned doo-doo brown and curly.  My hairdresser says it might go straight again when I "go through the change" :) ;D
I have short light brown hair and highlights and lowlights similar to what you describe,but I've never varied as muchh as you!@ :o :oThe boys from the brady Bunch claim their hair went from straight to poufy when they hit puberty,too,so it sounds like you're not alone.I don't really like the term "doo-doo' brown" ;)Cheers!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 3:00 pm

thinning :o :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 07/29/04 at 4:44 pm

Ho ho. I'm feeling the strain of receding hair-lines as well. My hair is fair to brown (auburn in places).

Written By: Paul on 07/29/04 at 4:45 pm

I can very much relate to that, Mark...!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/04 at 6:43 pm

Shoulder length dark brown (with some grey) and straight as a board.  It is also very fine, but I have a lot of hair.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/04 at 9:15 pm

Don't worry Rock,I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm 30 years old & my hair is thinning slowly. ;D

Howard

Written By: Koop on 07/29/04 at 10:05 pm

My hair is about halfway down my back and the color is a dark, kinda chestnut brown.  It's fine, but I have a ton of it, so it looks thick and I wear it sort of curly. (or heavy wavy)  Since it's summer, I usually do the pony tail thing, otherwise it would feel like I had a wool blanket on my back.  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 10:11 pm

Forgot to add the greys in..though they're hidden well with all the other colors in it ;D  Oh, and it's also very fine and thin, which means FRIZZY when humid/rainy/damp/etc... ::)
I got my first grey hair when i was 17 :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 10:13 pm

Ho ho. I'm feeling the strain of receding hair-lines as well. My hair is fair to brown (auburn in places).
Lately It's been feeling and looking Thicker....must be the new shampoo and conditioner ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 10:18 pm

I can very much relate to that, Mark...!

It CAN grow back ;)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/30/04 at 4:18 am

Mine is shortish and straight....sorta mid-neck. It's also fine, but slightly kinky in humid weather. Predominantly brown in colour with light brown to blonde highlights.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/04 at 4:57 am

Lately It's been feeling and looking Thicker....must be the new shampoo and conditioner ???

Has it? Nice one. I may need to experiment with hair products then (ooh! I sound all girly  ;D).

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/04 at 7:02 am

I'm in the Sinead Brigade. Very short, black, with distinguishing splashes of gray.  I will not cover my gray, I earned them, I own them.  8)

Written By: Paul on 07/30/04 at 7:13 am

It CAN grow back ;)

It can?!! Ah! But you didn't specify where...

...knowing my luck, it'll be coming out of my ears soon (ergh)...!!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/30/04 at 8:07 am

Mine is short, and dark brown, and falling out  :(

Written By: jaytee on 07/30/04 at 8:15 am

Mine is sort of auburn and always has been.  In my 44 years I've never had a colour and have just a couple of greys.  At the moment, because it's winter,  my hair is a bit longer than usual but in summer I wear it quite short.  It has a bit of a natural kink in it.  Over the years I've had some pretty "different" hairstyles.  My father used to say to me "you actually paid somebody to make you look like that?!"

Written By: Mangoo on 07/30/04 at 11:57 am

I keep my head shaved bald because Im balding.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/04 at 4:52 pm

I keep my head shaved bald because Im balding.

I don't blame you. I don't plan on having a 'Bobby Charlton' comb-over either. If it gets that bad, it's coming off.  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/30/04 at 5:08 pm

I don't blame you. I don't plan on having a 'Bobby Charlton' comb-over either. If it gets that bad, it's coming off.  ;D

Not too many people here would know what that meant, Bobby, but I do  :)

That made me laugh !  It wasn't the best look hey ?  Specially we he turned quickly in the opposite direction and it all sort of "stood up" momentarily  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 5:26 pm

It can?!! Ah! But you didn't specify where...

...knowing my luck, it'll be coming out of my ears soon (ergh)...!!
You Would have to bring up the EARS! ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 5:27 pm

I was 19 :o
Hey, but it makes us look Distinguished, right  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 5:30 pm

Has it? Nice one. I may need to experiment with hair products then (ooh! I sound all girly  ;D).
There is abosolutely NOTHING wrong with girls! They know more about hair care than you may think! When I used to color my hair I used Ladies brands instead of "Just For Men" and never had a problem ;)

Written By: AssKicker on 07/30/04 at 5:43 pm

Blond, far too nappy, tempsy-temps mulleted, or quiffed, but mercifully never shaved off for charity.

Mullets are the most 1337 thing since... I dunno. A lot of the lads round here have them and being a geek/mosher I love 'em.  :)
I myself have incredibly thick, woolly, straight, dark hair a few inches below my shoulder that's always in a ponytail (except when I'm headbanging to Nightwish etc... somehow it's more fun like that, even when I get my hair caught in me watch). I used to have weird chin-length flicks: the remnants of a fringe that was the bane of my life until I grew it out. Then I had a Jedi-style rat-tail, which I'm thinking of doing again. It's a hassle to plait it in the morning and when I undo it it's all curly, but it sort of adds individuality and 1337ness since no one else I've seen has one.
*Grabs elastic band* May t3h ph0rc3 b3 w1th my h41r...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/04 at 6:17 pm

I got my first grey hair when i was 17 :o

I was 19 :o

Still younger than both of you at the age of 15 (at least that was when someone-not me-spotted it). And since I had dark hair, it was VERY noticable. I just told people that I was painting and got paint in my hair. Yeah, yeah, that's it. It is white paint.  ;) About ten years ago, my OLDER sister was complaining because she had her 10th grey hair (yeah, she counted them lol). I had absolutely no sympathy for her because at that time I had been coloring my grey for over 10 years!

Cat

Written By: gemini61 on 07/30/04 at 6:33 pm

Mine's Strawberry Blonde and a little past my shoulders and straight. I wish it had a little curl to it though. It gets kinda boring having straight hair all the time, and I get sick of having to use the curling iron.  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 6:39 pm

Still younger than both of you at the age of 15 (at least that was when someone-not me-spotted it). And since I had dark hair, it was VERY noticable. I just told people that I was painting and got paint in my hair. Yeah, yeah, that's it. It is white paint.  ;) About ten years ago, my OLDER sister was complaining because she had her 10th grey hair (yeah, she counted them lol). I had absolutely no sympathy for her because at that time I had been coloring my grey for over 10 years!

Cat
Yep, having dark hair when the grey comes definately sucks  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/30/04 at 9:47 pm

I know I'm gonna lose my hair before I'm 40.I may be too young to use minoxidil. ;D
I see too much of my hair on my pillow and comb. :(

Howard

Written By: mandamoo on 07/31/04 at 8:18 am

I was thinking of Eddie  Charlton !  I think he had one too before he had a hair transplant  ???

Yeah yeah !
;D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/31/04 at 9:43 am

I have thick naturally curly hair, but I blow dry it straight.  Shoulder length, brown with gold highlights/streaks. 

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/04 at 11:12 am

I was thinking of Eddie  Charlton !  I think he had one too before he had a hair transplant  ???

Yeah yeah !
;D

I did a little research Mandamoo. Is he a Sydney based Snooker player? His hair looks too good (probably went a little crazy with the hair dye  ;D).

Bobby Charlton may not need an explanation for anyone in Britain. He was a very famous footballer who, despite being very good, had perhaps the most awful hair-do in sporting history.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/31/04 at 11:33 am

Light Brown wavy hair.

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/31/04 at 1:52 pm

Mine's Strawberry Blonde and a little past my shoulders and straight. I wish it had a little curl to it though. It gets kinda boring having straight hair all the time, and I get sick of having to use the curling iron.  :(

My hair is naturally straight as a board, so every now and then I have to perm it!  I've tried curling irons but they just don't work that well with my fine hair!

Written By: nally on 08/01/04 at 1:38 am

My hair is brown, straight, and is a bit wavy.

Written By: Lanie on 08/01/04 at 7:57 pm

Long,a little on the straight side with a little wave to it,almost to the middle of my back,light brown with blonde highlights. I am seriously thinking of cutting it very short.  ;) :D

Written By: mandamoo on 08/02/04 at 4:15 am

I did a little research Mandamoo. Is he a Sydney based Snooker player? His hair looks too good (probably went a little crazy with the hair dye  ;D).

Bobby Charlton may not need an explanation for anyone in Britain. He was a very famous footballer who, despite being very good, had perhaps the most awful hair-do in sporting history.  ;D

That's right Bobby, he had a series here in the 70's...I think it was called 'Pot Black', I actually quite enjoyed watching it ! :o  I reckon you're spot on about the hair dye too ! ;)

My favourite comb-over belongs to Norman Gunston. He did the 'back to front' type number ! ;D

Modified to add that Norman Gunston was a colourful character created by actor/comedian Garry McDonald.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/04 at 5:41 am

Long,a little on the straight side with a little wave to it,almost to the middle of my back,light brown with blonde highlights. I am seriously thinking of cutting it very short.  ;) :D

I did it.  Join the Sinead Brigade.  If you don't like it, don't worry, it'll be back.
I love it.

Written By: Gis on 08/02/04 at 9:01 am

Dark blonde naturally but lighter at the moment,very fine and a bizarre mixture of very curly in places and dead straight in others I kid you not ! It is a *!?!* nightmare and I can do b*gger all with it. As soon as the mearest hint of dampness is in the air it's mad frizz curl time,no matter how it's been straightened.My fringe goes into two curls one to the left and one to the right like a pair of horns really !?! *SIGH* 

Written By: AssKicker on 08/03/04 at 8:26 am

I have put my rat-tail back and I feel more 1337 already. :)
Although I'm more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan... but I sure as hell don't want to go back to that scary Romulan hairdo I had when I was five (my mater is a Trekkie too). If I'd had pointy ears and more angular eyebrows, and if I hadn't been as chubby, I'd probably have been extradited to Romulus years ago. :o

Written By: Ice_Princess on 08/06/04 at 12:39 am

My hair is straight, but not perfect straight, with a lot of dyed strands... ;D It's naturally a brown shade with some blonde at the front & red hidden underneath, and... it's just past my shoulders... *crosses fingers that it'll one day be past my chest*

Written By: Whisper on 08/23/04 at 4:37 pm

I have strawberry blonde hair,very thick and long. It's layered and very similar to Lindsay Lohan's hairstyle.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/08/04 at 4:10 pm

Black, straight, and a little past shoulder-length

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 4:41 pm

OLD!

Written By: *Yawn* on 09/08/04 at 6:37 pm

Brown. And longish. And boring.

Written By: thundercats_ho on 09/09/04 at 11:10 pm

i was platinum as a baby, but i don't think i can say i have blonde hair anymore
it's wavy and shoulder length

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 11:01 am

Mine is straight to my waist with bangs. It's naturally dark brown, but I keep it dyed "berry" shades, usually magenta, with streaks bleached before coloring to add more POW to the look.
  I know this will seem long-winded for any of the boys reading this, but here's a couple of tips for all those other gals with long, straight hair:
1) Curl your hair without a perm or curling iron: At night before bed, wet or wash your hair and then put it in three braids. It should be dry by the time you wake up (unless your hair is really heavy) and your hair will be really curly all day. Since the bottom of the braids are really tiny, you'll want to get a bag of rubber (not elastic) bands. I use "Goody" brand bands...they come 250 per pack for $1 at Target. Make sure you try this first when you have nowhere to go, just in case you don't like the look...but I usually get compliments when I do it.
2) If you're sick of washing your long hair so often when it's just the part closest to your head that feels "icky," try "Dry Clean Only" by Sebastian. It's awesome! I first used it to prolong the life of my color. When my mom was in the hospital, I used it on her since she couldn't wash her hair until her pacemaker healed. All you do is spray it on your hair, closest to your head, then fluff it with a towel. It smells great, too. Works great also for when your hair is clean, but you went clubbing the night before and your hair smells like smoke. ;)  In the Seattle area, I can get it at Safeway, but I'm not sure where it's available in other places. Definitely worth the research, though.

Written By: karen on 09/10/04 at 11:23 am

A quick question about hair styles to the Americans here.

Several of you refer to having bangs which I know means shorter hair over the forehead (I would call it a fringe).  If you had a short fringe which hid the whole of your forehead without a parting would you still call it 'bangs' or a 'bang'?

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 11:43 am

LOL! How American of me...I sometimes assume slang is the same in other countries. It's "bangs" either way. Of course if it's an early Human League type of thing, I call that a "bang flip." Where DID that come from, anyway? Now that I'm thinking about it, it really sounds quite stupid...BANGS. ::)

Written By: karen on 09/15/04 at 5:18 am

Thanks for the explanation Niko.  It took me a long time to work out what the term meant.  As slang the word means something totally different here!

Written By: mandamoo on 09/15/04 at 5:29 am

Thanks for the explanation Niko. It took me a long time to work out what the term meant. As slang the word means something totally different here!

Ha ! I was discussing the difference in the meaning of the word 'bangs' with a friend just the other day. It means the same thing in Australia as it does in England ! ;) :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/15/04 at 12:10 pm

It means the same thing in Australia as it does in England ! ;) :)

And that is....?

Written By: Paul on 09/15/04 at 3:54 pm

And that is....?

Ahem! The act of sexual intercourse, Karen...Ahem!

(Runs off for cold shower...!!)

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/15/04 at 4:36 pm

thats an American slang term as well

apprently, the term means nothing to Ricky Martin, who not thinking it meant anything, gladly sung "She bangs she bangs, ah baby she moves she moves"

and he claims its about dancing lol  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/15/04 at 9:45 pm

thats an American slang term as well

Nowhere near as amusing as when you guys talk about supporting a team by rooting for them  :o, and that brings us nicely back to bangs, errr, "fringes"  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/15/04 at 9:46 pm

Cold shower for Paul, when he wakes up and reads the last post  ;)

Written By: jaytee on 09/15/04 at 10:43 pm

Cold shower for Paul, when he wakes up and reads the last post  ;)

;D ;D ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/16/04 at 11:57 am

Oooookay!

As Billy already pointed out, that definition is also used in the U.S.  For some reason I was thinking that the term meant something entirely different over in the UK..... 

Written By: Paul on 09/16/04 at 2:36 pm

Nowhere near as amusing as when you guys talk about supporting a team by rooting for them  :o,

Or half as delightful as when your team are staring relegation in the face and are said to be 'going down'...(cheap swipe at a Leeds fan's expense...!!)

(Runs another cold shower...!!)

Written By: Fred on 09/16/04 at 7:30 pm

Or half as delightful as when your team are staring relegation in the face and are said to be 'going down'...(cheap swipe at a Leeds fan's expense...!!)

What?  ???

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/16/04 at 9:31 pm

What?  ???

He was having a dig at me Fred  :)  If you really wanna know what it was about, I am happy to explain in a PM  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/16/04 at 9:31 pm

Touche  ;D

Written By: Sentimentalist on 09/17/04 at 2:06 am

My hair is, 85% brown, 15% white.  It is moving back further on my head veeerrryyy gradually.  I cut my hair once/3months wether I need to or not.  I have it cut to just under an inch long.  I had long hair in the mid 90s and just got really sick and tired of having to wash it 2 or 3 times a day.  At least I did wash it, most of my contemporaries looked like they were sporting grease mops!
God lyk!

Oh, and it is also starting to gradually thin in back too.  The whole receeding process started bout when I was 35!  At least I had a full head of hair for most of my life!  now my wife will  let me use neither hair color nor hair restorer.  Gotta keep momma happy!!!!

Written By: AngeliK on 09/17/04 at 8:06 am

I hate my hair, its fine but there's loads of it and its naturally curly (yes I straighten it) I know the feeling about going out in the rain and ending up with a frizz nightmare....I also have a cowlick on either side of my fringe so yeah completely awful, and thats not mentioning the fact I'm growing out the black which I put over red...so I have technicolourhair from light brown (bleached by the sun) to dark brown (my real colour) to mahogany red (first lot of dye) and black.

Its now thankfully long enough to put in a ponytail, that was the one bad thing about having my hair like CZJ's in the Chicago Film. Looked good though. lol.

Kay xxx

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/17/04 at 8:34 am

As you can see by my latest posted pic....thin! One of the girls standing with me is a stylist and is going to chop off my long locks today though. Maybe if it's shorter it will "Look" thicker :-\\

Written By: chaka on 04/23/05 at 9:22 am

I've got quite long, natural curly,brown hair.
It nearly always looks skruffy unless I use some kind of anti-frizz
product but they of course cost a bomb....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/23/05 at 9:33 am

Regular length, browish blonde.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 11:56 am

long, naturally curly dark brown/black hair....I am letting it grow down my back...right now it is way longer than my shoulders....so far so good!  When I was young...my hair was poker straight and chestnut brown....when I turned about 10 years old...it just started getting really curly and darker...and has been that way ever since.

Erin :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/23/05 at 12:59 pm

Mine is VERY thick and heavy, and its very straight. The natural color is black(well not quite MIDNIGHT black, but very very dark brown). But, I keep it colored reddish brown(auburn). Its short, but not REALLY short. Theres enough of it to work with it. I keep it gelled and hairsprayed everyday.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/23/05 at 1:18 pm

Medium textured, coarse, and kind of thick. My hair color is Black. It is also a little past my ears.

Tanya

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/23/05 at 1:41 pm

My natural hair is a soft curly/wavy off black mop. Because of this and me being Black I was often asked "Oooh girl what perm you got?" Then when I would say "None", I got accused of being a liar or the famous "What you think you're white?!!" line. (Whatever) I would just say my hair is beautiful, "don't get mad because you can scrub pots with ur Sh&%!"
Over the years my hair has been just about every color in the rainbow, except pink. I've had extensions(braids), but I've never had a weave. Then in 2001, I started my lovely dreadlocks.

Right now my dreads are dark brown with reddish brown highlights. It's about the same length as my avatar's.
<<<<<<<<<

Written By: Kenlos on 04/23/05 at 1:43 pm

Hair that is falling out.  :P  But my hair is dirty blonde color, it used to be a lot lighter when I was youngerr.

Written By: jackas on 04/23/05 at 1:48 pm

I have long hair, about to the middle of my back.  It is really fine and soft.  I have a natural wave, but it's not a nice wave.  It looks like I just took my hair out of a very loose braid.  My natural color is dark brown, but I've been lightening for the last five years to a very light brown w/ blonde highlights.  I've decided to let the dark hair grow out.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 2:31 pm

My natural hair is a soft curly/wavy off black mop. Because of this and me being Black I was often asked "Oooh girl what perm you got?" Then when I would say "None", I got accused of being a liar or the famous "What you think you're white?!!" line. (Whatever) I would just say my hair is beautiful, "don't get mad because you can scrub pots with ur Sh&%!"
Over the years my hair has been just about every color in the rainbow, except pink. I've had extensions(braids), but I've never had a weave. Then in 2001, I started my lovely dreadlocks.

Right now my dreads are dark brown with reddish brown highlights. It's about the same length as my avatar's.
<<<<<<<<<

your hair sounds cool Null.....hey I wanted to mention....your avatar pic reminds me of that one girl who was on Survivor a few seasons ago..her name was Alicia...it really looks like her!

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/23/05 at 2:42 pm

Exceptionally Curly. Dark and Very Very Thick.

When i had it straightened it covered my ears and went about down to just below my eyes, but when it's curly it just looks like a Mushroom.

I am slowly but steadily growing it out..  ::)  I am gonna get it chemically straightened soon, so it should be alright after that.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/23/05 at 3:22 pm

Dark wavy hair in a bob style.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/05 at 3:23 pm

I still have my own hair, I keep it in a cardboard box.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/23/05 at 5:37 pm

your hair sounds cool Null.....hey I wanted to mention....your avatar pic reminds me of that one girl who was on Survivor a few seasons ago..her name was Alicia...it really looks like her!

Thank you Erin :)
I'll see if I can bug my friend into snapping a photo of my hair so I can post it. Hmm I need to get a recent pic of myself on the "Show Us what you look like" thread anyways.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 7:56 pm

sounds good....can't wait to see ya!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 8:17 pm

Mine is thick, long, curly and brown.  :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Taintedchild/muhhair.jpg

lmbo XD there it is

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 9:43 pm

Mine is thick, long, curly and brown.  :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Taintedchild/muhhair.jpg

lmbo XD there it is

you have beautiful hair!!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 9:57 pm

lol Thank you Erin ^_^

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:00 pm

you're welcome!! I think your hair resembles mine a bit....what do you think? I couldn't really see your exact hairstyle...but from your pic...it does resemble mine in color and curl.

Erin

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:08 pm

:) Yeah, my hair does look a lot like yours. From your picture it looks like you have some red in your hair, do you?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:14 pm

i used to color my hair different shades of red....mostly a burgundy color...this pic is a few years old.....i have been recently just keeping it dark brown/black.

I always thought it would be really cool to have dark black hair...and then get either real red streaks or burgundy streaks...that would look really awesome!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:20 pm

Oooo, I love it when people do that to their hair! Kinda like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Taintedchild/tarjaandtuomas.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Taintedchild/Tuomas.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:25 pm

yes...exactly!!!!

do you think that looks better on straight hair....or do you think it looks ok on curly hair as well?

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:29 pm

Either way, I think it looks just as cool on curly hair. Tuomas has wavy/curly hair and it looks great.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:31 pm

so do I.....if I ever got the courage to be bold enough to get drastic streaks like that...I totally would!!!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:34 pm

You should go for it! If it doesn't turn out that great you can always dye it back.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:37 pm

that's true...maybe I will....

I am attempting to let my hair grow really long...like the whole way down my back.... I love to see hair long and curly like that!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:38 pm

Yeah I'm doing the same thing, it's taking forever to grow out though.  >:(

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/05 at 10:40 pm

It's like... straight brown, that tends to do this wave thing at the front... it looks good sometimes, if I comb it straight, then mess it up afterwards.. I wish it were darker.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:44 pm

Apricot....you look like you have the kind of hair that actually would look good if messed up? do you know what I mean?.....like some people look better with their hair "scruffed" then combed all perfectly...

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:47 pm

I was just thinking the same thing... I have skater hair in mind though XD

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:47 pm

skater hair is good!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/23/05 at 10:50 pm

Yes indeed :)

Written By: ADH13 on 04/23/05 at 10:51 pm

When I was a young kid, we had a friend/hairdresser who used to do our hair. She loved to give pixies-so we all had them. I hated it. Because of that, I have ALWAYS had long hair since I was about 7 or so but never as long as I wanted. As a teen, my hair was very oily. But by the time I was 15, those nasty grays were coming up. (Yes, it is true-gray hair at age 15). I started color it at the age of 19. So because I have been coloring my hair for all these years, my hair is now very dry and not very healthy. I do get it done once a month for color and for a trim to try to get rid of all the dead ends. It seems like a neverending battle. But, I still have nature wavy/curly hair. I made the mistake one time of having someone talk me into getting a perm (yes, with nature wavy/curly hair and all). I would NEVER, EVER do that again. My orginal color was a dark brown. Over the years, I have added a red tint to it. So now it is more of a auburn/brown color. There are many times when I threaten to cut it ALL off and go with the Sinead O'Conner look.  ;)

Cat

Cat, I know how you feel.. I started getting WHITE (not even gray) hair at about 22.

Written By: NbC on 04/24/05 at 12:13 am

Dark, long, straight(ish). 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/05 at 9:38 am

I still have my own hair, I keep it in a cardboard box.

Me too Philip, I only put it on when there's no chance of it being blown off in a strong wind    ;D ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 04/27/05 at 6:41 am

My hair is shoulder length, cut in layers and is golden brown in colour. Some of you may have seen my pic in the Show Us What You Look Like post.

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/27/05 at 7:17 am

My varied hair colours have adorned the pages of the Show Us What You Look Like thread, also.

In the last year or so my hair has been: Platinum Blonde, Black, Flamingo Pink, Pillarbox Red, Purple, Brown with a J.Lo stripe...

At the moment it is reddish brown, shoulder length (It took me about a year to grow out an asymmetric cut) and layered, because I dye it so much i would not be surprised if I have started to go grey but I have not seen my natural hair colour since the age of 13 or so!

Also, it grows soooo slowly.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/27/05 at 10:47 am

Mine got caught up in the vacuum cleaner and it pulled it off my head this am

and I can't get it back out of the machine ....f"*K

Written By: Apricot on 04/27/05 at 2:04 pm

Apricot....you look like you have the kind of hair that actually would look good if messed up? do you know what I mean?.....like some people look better with their hair "scruffed" then combed all perfectly...

Not exactly. If I just screw it up, then it's not nice at all. If it's combed nicely, given a chance to partially dry, THEN messed up, it looks a lot better. And I can do a lot more with it.

It's not skater hair {too short for that}, but it looks better somewhat chaotic.

Written By: Everlong on 04/27/05 at 11:18 pm

I have wavy/straight dark brown hair that goes a couple of inches past my shoulders.  I just trimmed it though, so it used to be down to my mid-back.  I'm vowing never to dye my hair though.  The color's fine, it suits me, and until it starts turning white, I don't have any need to change it :).  Although, I'm sixteen, and I've already found two or three white hairs.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/28/05 at 2:05 pm

My hair is pretty average. It's dark, longish...and I have bangs that kinda sweep off to the side.

~Beth

Written By: Mergal on 04/28/05 at 9:08 pm

Mine is brown but it has lots of gold and red highlights that it almost comes across as a reddish blondish colour.  My hair also seems to be getting wavier and wavier so now I pretty much have a 'fro----means thick and wavy, which is common amoung Irish descendents and pretty d@mn annoying imo because my way hair also tends to frizz! I'm trying to grow it out so I can just put it up.

Written By: Bobby on 04/29/05 at 6:23 pm

Browny blonde hair (gets lighter when I have been in the sun).

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/29/05 at 10:22 pm

I have dark brown hair. It goes down to about my eyes, so it is fairly long.

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 05/01/05 at 1:32 am

Hmmm.....

Well, I have naturally dark brown hair, but right now its the dark brown in the back and the front is hot red. I love it, but I need to do it again, it ain't so "hot" anymore.

Its really long now, just about at the middle of my back, and its it layered in the front. Oh yeah, its also kind of curly at the bottom, ringlets I suppose you'd call them. I'll put up a pic of myself so people can see it.

"Wear your hair long babe, you can't go wrong."

Blondie

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/07/05 at 7:32 am

When I was young, my mam used to make me get sort this really crappy haircut which made my head look like a mushroom. That all stopped one day when I went up the caravan and my uncle shaved my hair to a number 2! (It was during summer so there was no danger of a headcold!). That's what i've got everytime i've been for a haircut since! So, to answer your question, my hair is short and dark brown (looks black but never mind!)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/06 at 10:42 pm

my hair is getting SOOO long....it's now down to nearly the middle of my back, and it is long and curly. Right now it is dark brown...I have to color it again, as my roots are coming through.  I am thinking about getting some caramel colored highlights for summer though.

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 10:45 pm

I have no hair.  I cut my hair real short (almost close to bald) in order for my lucky hat to fit me.  I never leave home w/out my hat since it saved my life, so if shaving my head is what it takes, then so be it :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/06 at 10:50 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: GREEN67 on 03/17/06 at 10:53 pm

;D Very long..middle of back...dk brown, almost black wavy hair 8) 8)

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 11:34 pm

Had long curly hair, now I have short straight hair  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/18/06 at 12:12 am

just got haircut this evening, and it's Black, short, with George Clooney gray highlights, at least thats what Tina my hairstylist said to make me feel better about the gray. She got a good tip  ;)
it's a tiny bit spikey in front.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 12:14 am

just got haircut this evening, and it's Black, short, with George Clooney gray highlights, at least thats what Tina my hairstylist said to make me feel better about the gray. She got a good tip  ;)
it's a tiny bit spikey in front.

very cool, Mike! ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 12:19 am

My hair is long, I haven't had a haircut in a year.

But I'm going to go get it cut sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 12:28 am

My hair is long, I haven't had a haircut in a year.

But I'm going to go get it cut sometime in the next couple of weeks.

wow, you should post a picture...I am used to seeing you with your short hair.

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 12:34 am

what does your lucky hat look like?

It's a ratty old Denver Broncos fullback cap

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 12:38 am

wow, you should post a picture...I am used to seeing you with your short hair.

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner.  I'm going to take one last picture of myself before I get my hair lopped off though.  If I can find a scanner I'll definitely post it here.

I'm doing this because it'll make it easier to get a job.  It can be difficult to get work in the food industry with long hair, as a male.  Eventually I'll grow my hair back out long, when I open my own resturaunt or catering service.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 12:38 am

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner.  I'm going to take one last picture of myself before I get my hair lopped off though.  If I can find a scanner I'll definitely post it here.

I'm doing this because it'll make it easier to get a job.  It can be difficult to get work in the food industry with long hair, as a male.  Eventually I'll grow my hair back out long, when I open my own resturaunt or catering service.

cool, dude. ;) 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 12:40 am

This is my most recent hair style:

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 12:54 am

Nice. :)

my hair is getting SOOO long....it's now down to nearly the middle of my back, and it is long and curly. Right now it is dark brown...I have to color it again, as my roots are coming through.  I am thinking about getting some caramel colored highlights for summer though.

You should leave it the natural color, IMO.  Long, dark, curly hair is awesome. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 12:57 am

You should leave it the natural color, IMO.  Long, dark, curly hair is awesome. :D

thanks!  Yes, I like my dark hair...I just get bored with it sometimes. I used to make it a bit lighter in the summer (with highlights, etc)...and then in the fall/winter I would keep it dark.  I do color it though, as I am not getting any younger..and I have noticed a few...*gasp* gray hairs now and then. :-\\

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:12 am

thanks!  Yes, I like my dark hair...I just get bored with it sometimes. I used to make it a bit lighter in the summer (with highlights, etc)...and then in the fall/winter I would keep it dark.  I do color it though, as I am not getting any younger..and I have noticed a few...*gasp* gray hairs now and then. :-\\

Well there's a silver lining(no pun intended) to it.  Maybe you'll get the gray lock of hair in front.  That always looks kinda cool.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 1:14 am

Well there's a silver lining(no pun intended) to it.  Maybe you'll get the gray lock of hair in front.  That always looks kinda cool.

usually I find one or two on top of my head, which I then pull out of my head, and run for the box of hair color! ;) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 1:17 am

I just don't want to end up like Cruella Devil!  :D ;D

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=cruella+deville/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMinRsxtEEYsAOySjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12dv07r45/EXP=1142752593/*-http%3A//www.animationartgallery.com/images/wdc/wdcbb34.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 1:17 am

I just don't want to end up like Cruella Devil!  :D ;D

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=cruella+deville/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMinRsxtEEYsAOySjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12dv07r45/EXP=1142752593/*-http%3A//www.animationartgallery.com/images/wdc/wdcbb34.jpg

You could end up looking like Rogue from X-Men

http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/habitat/images/deseree.jpg

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/18/06 at 1:19 am

Usually quite short, I don't like it when my hair gets long.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:20 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 1:21 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 1:29 am

Nice. :)

Thank you.  :)

It was part of my graduation present when I graduated from college.  I got to get my hair done so I looked all purrty.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:35 am

Thank you.  :)

It was part of my graduation present when I graduated from college.  I got to get my hair done so I looked all purrty.

Congratulations on graduating. :)

What was your field of study?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/18/06 at 1:37 am

very cool, Mike! ;)
thank ya, thank ya very much
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/elvis.jpg
I just got done taking the spike out, it's not my style.

what a cool gift idea.  looks good

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 1:38 am

Congratulations on graduating. :)

What was your field of study?

Marketing/Advertising.  It's hard to believe I graduated in December; it feels like it was much longer than that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/06 at 3:25 am

The kind of hair that keeps going?

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/18/06 at 7:14 pm

A lot of hair. I'm not sure if it's straight or wavy, because I haven't let it grown past the Brian Wilson length... It's pretty dark, though.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/18/06 at 8:51 pm

Brownish blonde hair.  I hate when I get sideburns, so whenever I get a haircut, I request to get them cut.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/18/06 at 9:03 pm

Brownish blonde hair.  I hate when I get sideburns, so whenever I get a haircut, I request to get them cut.  ;D

Me too!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/06 at 6:39 am

The kind of hair that grows on you.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/06 at 7:14 am

Light Brown Hair,thinning with small patches of gray

Written By: whistledog on 03/19/06 at 9:49 pm

The other day I saw a guy with big thick mutton chops.  I wanted to yell to the guy "Yo, Engelbert.  The 70's called and they want their sideburns back" ;D

Written By: Abix on 03/19/06 at 9:54 pm

long, blonde , straight but with cowlicks so appears to have occasional waves. Goes limp in high humidity.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/19/06 at 9:54 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/20/06 at 3:02 pm

I know I'm gonna lose my hair before I'm 40.I may be too young to use minoxidil. ;D
I see too much of my hair on my pillow and comb. :(

Howard

I think the average to lose is around 50 hairs a day cos' I get really  neurotic about that as it always seems much much more to me. It always seems to even out thankfully up to now and funnily enough grows like fury in the autumn??   Hair type, dark brown and wavy

Written By: Step-chan on 03/20/06 at 3:07 pm

Mine's done that alittle too, my hair is technically straight, but it waves and curves somewhat at the ends. It's fairly long, as I don't like the way my hair looks when it's short.

Written By: La Roche on 03/20/06 at 3:12 pm

I'm having a bad hair day.

It's dead, it refuses to do anything apart from sit perfectly still  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 03/20/06 at 3:22 pm

Right now, it's REALLY bad as I just threw on a hat when I got out of the shower this morning O0

Always a fair option.

To be honest, I wish mine was still long. Although it was pretty wild It at least provided me and everyone I passed on the street some entertainment.

Written By: KKay on 03/20/06 at 3:24 pm

I'm having a bad hair day.

It's dead, it refuses to do anything apart from sit perfectly still  ::)

^ I have hair just like yours...

but not on my head.

Written By: KKay on 03/20/06 at 3:25 pm

Mine is thin, and brown and red and usually straight. Nothing to write home about.  It won't do anything.

Written By: La Roche on 03/20/06 at 3:29 pm

^ I have hair just like yours...

but not on my head.

Yes well.. role reversal  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/20/06 at 4:21 pm

My hair alternates. I'm just letting it grow out right now. I have some layers with a former dye job growing out and it's about mid-length.

Written By: Lady Beard on 03/20/06 at 4:36 pm

Short. I have a beard.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/06 at 5:02 pm

I think the average to lose is around 50 hairs a day cos' I get really  neurotic about that as it always seems much much more to me. It always seems to even out thankfully up to now and funnily enough grows like fury in the autumn??   Hair type, dark brown and wavy

Girl,you don't know what's it's like to lose hair.I'm also getting small patches of gray.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/20/06 at 5:29 pm

Right now, it's REALLY bad as I just threw on a hat when I got out of the shower this morning O0

That's a great option isn't it, except when you come to take the hat off, it's even freakin' worse than when you first put it on!!   ;D ;D 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/20/06 at 5:31 pm

Always a fair option.

To be honest, I wish mine was still long. Although it was pretty wild It at least provided me and everyone I passed on the street some entertainment.

La Roche was that you with long hair in your avatar?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/20/06 at 5:34 pm

Girl,you don't know what's it's like to lose hair.I'm also getting small patches of gray.

sometimes I seem to lose soo much and it keeps on coming out in the bath especially.

...says me in an Andi Mc Dowell fashion as the L'Oreal ad. "Grey what  grey"  ;)   ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 8:58 pm

La Roche was that you with long hair in your avatar?

I wish!

If I did as much Heroin as he did I'd have died five times over.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/24/06 at 1:57 pm

I have very uncooperative hair that's only been made worse by the humidity from all this rain we've been having... :P

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:15 pm

Light Brown Hair with small patches of gray.

Written By: KKay on 03/24/06 at 3:21 pm

Yay!!! winter is almost over and some waves are returning to my hair..
I hated having it straight all this time!

Check for new replies or respond here...