inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best "Greatest" lists...

Written By: woops on 08/02/04 at 12:01 am

Here's some of the best, IMO, lists... other than from myself...

MTV 100 Greatest Music Videos of All Time (1999)

Included many classics like "Thriller" (Micheal Jackson), "Take On Me" (A-Ha), "Sabotage" (Beastie Boys) and some that I didn't expect to make the list like "Close To Me" (The Cure), "True Faith" (New Order),& "Bitter Sweet Symphony" (Verve Pipe). Plus a few "stinkers" unlike VH1's list., which was OK.

TV Guide 50 Worst Shows of All Time (2002)

One of the funniest articles I've read that featured many turkies and bad tv shows like The Brady Bunch Hour, Cop Rock, Woops!, My Mother the Car, and The Jerry Springer Show, which I think was ranked #1.

VH1 What's My 20? Power Ballads (2001)

Ranked by VH1 viewers & they knew what they were doing on this list. Which was part of a show that only lasted a few weeks.  :P

South Park: 25 Most Outrageous Episodes (2004)

A marathon of the most "off the wall" episodes of all time that take on race, religion, politics, etc. The only let down was not listing the Mecha Striestand episode. Though that is probably the tamest episode of the series since it mostly targeted the annoying singer. BTW, the Scott Tenorman episode was #1.

MTV 25 Lame

With only two videos that I disagree on, this list had really bad stinkers like Vanilla Ice & Nelson. The special was also fun to watch, though it featured corny jokes from stand up comics watching videos, MST3K style.

Subject: Re: Best "Greatest" lists...

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/02/04 at 2:34 am

VH1 What's My 20? Power Ballads (2001)

Ranked by VH1 viewers & they knew what they were doing on this list. Which was part of a show that only lasted a few weeks.  :P

I cant agree with this one at all due to the fact that Bon Jovi's "Always" was at number one.......

Check for new replies or respond here...