inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you like...

Written By: Ice_Princess on 08/05/04 at 2:20 am

My signature image?

Subject: Re: Do you like...

Written By: Bobby on 08/05/04 at 5:15 am

My signature image?

It is very nice, Meli.  :)

Written By: Ice_Princess on 08/06/04 at 12:36 am

Thank you Bobby. :)
Glad someone replied

Written By: mandamoo on 08/06/04 at 4:01 am

I've never heard of her ???  Who is she Meli ?

Written By: Ice_Princess on 08/09/04 at 12:26 am

;D

Lindsay Armaou is best known for her time as one quarter of world famous girl band B*Witched. And the talented 25 year-old is hoping that 2003 will bring her even more success - this time as a solo artist. Lindsay got her showbiz break after meeting Edele Lynch, Keavy Lynch and Sinead O'Carroll at a dance centre in Dublin aged 19, having moved to Dublin from Greece when she was 13. The foursome instantly hit it off, and formed what would become one of the most successful pop bands of the 90's.

B*Witched released their first single, the addictive C'est La Vie, in May 1998. And as well as scoring four number one singles in the UK, they topped the charts in New Zealand and the Far East, and achieved huge success in America with singles like Rollercoaster, To You I Belong and Blame It On The Weatherman. During their five years together the band sold an incredible ten million CDs, including five million copies of their self-titled album B*Witched, and their second offering, Awake and Breathe.

The girls also toured with the likes of Britney Spears, *N Sync, 911 and Boyzone, and appeared on countless TV show and concerts around the globe.

"We had such a great time together. We got to travel the world and see so many amazing things," says Lindsay. "The highlights for us were being on stage and performing - that's what we loved most. We had a blast."
Despite their hectic schedule, the girls managed to keep their feet on the ground and keep their friendships - which remain strong to this day - firmly on track.

"We were four best mates and we genuinely did get on brilliantly, and we had this fabulous job that we could all do together. We were so lucky. Of course there were times when we were tired and homesick, but the good times outweighed the bad a million to one. We're all still very close and see each other a lot, which is lovely. We're all very supportive of each other."

The foursome decided to go their separate ways in 2002 as they all were keen to work on individual projects, and Lindsay - who plays both guitar and piano - immediately started work on her own material.

"I've been writing loads of songs and I'm hoping to pursue a solo career soon," she smiles. "I've got a studio in my apartment so I'm able to demo my own songs, and it's all really exciting. It's brilliant to have the freedom to create my own sound. It's like a new challenge for me."

It's a challenge Lindsay is loving, and most recently the half Greek/half Irish beauty has been busy working with her boyfriend of four years, ex-911 front man Lee Brennan, himself an established songwriter who co-wrote Blue's number one smash, If you Come Back.

"We always did songwriting when we were in B*Witched, and a lot of co-writing with people, and I'm planning to work with more people in the future. I'm having a lot of fun and playing around with different styles."

Despite already having an number of songs in the proverbial bag, Lindsay wants to make sure that everything is perfect musically before she peruses a record deal.

"I want to make sure I'm totally happy with everything before I get back out there. Music is something that I still love and still have a hunger for, and I know what to expect from the music business. "I feel like I've come a long way since the days of B*Witched and learnt a lot in the process. I know the music business has definitely changed recently, but there is still room for good music in the charts."

There ya go...

Written By: annimal on 10/14/18 at 11:08 pm

Do you like jelly beans?

Subject: Do you like...

Written By: Dude111 on 10/15/18 at 4:21 am

My signature image?

Yes i do... I looked them up :)

TOP IMAGE> http://web.archive.org/web/20060819092327/http://img369.imageshack.us:80/img369/8573/lboardsiggie1ly.jpg

BOTTOM IMAGE> http://web.archive.org/web/20060819164254/http://img529.imageshack.us:80/img529/6646/lboardsiggie5dz.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...