inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If They Made a Movie About You...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/04 at 7:01 pm

Who would you want to play you?

I think either Nancy McKeon (of Fact of Life fame) or Rena Sofer.

Cat

Subject: Re: If They Made a Movie About You...

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/04 at 7:16 pm

Who would you want to play you?

I think either Nancy McKeon (of Fact of Life fame) or Rena Sofer.

Cat

Rena Sofer?  Whoa, baby!  She is a babe-o-rama !  :P  :P  :P

I'd watch that movie.  ;)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/07/04 at 7:59 pm

I'm not sure who'd play me (someone short!), but Rush would be played by Paul Merton (of Have I Got News For You (a UK series) fame)...althought he's not happy about it! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/04 at 8:40 pm

Sandra Bullock.  (I also like Nancy McKeon, but Cat took her. ;) )

Written By: Harmonica on 08/07/04 at 11:25 pm

I don't want to know the answer to it right now...cause it might happen someday. I'd suspect some up and comer actor, a nobody perferably.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/08/04 at 12:37 am

lol, this exact conversation happened between me and my  friends a few months ago .....

lets see, in that conversation they said:

Phillip Seymore Hoffman

I said:

Brad Pitt  ::)

In reality though, the actor that I could see portraying me the best would probably be Jason Biggs (some people have even confusingly said I look like him).  THe only thing is, I dont think Ive ever seen a movie where Biggs didnt play a jew.  I wonder if playing a gentile is out of his acting range...lol

Eddie Kaye Thomas might do a good job too......

Written By: resinchaser on 08/08/04 at 12:50 am

If an actor were to play me in my teens it would have to be Sean Penn, or Matthew McConaughey. Quiet, but very unpredictable when cornered.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/04 at 9:31 am

I was once told I was "very Sonia Braga"

Written By: AssKicker on 08/08/04 at 9:48 am

I'd probably be played by the girl who plays Abi on My Family, whatever her name is. She's good at playing complete weirdies (like me!) although I'd like to think I'm of higher intellectual calibre than that character... ??? :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 11:16 am

I'm not sure who'd play me (someone short!), but Rush would be played by Paul Merton (of Have I Got News For You (a UK series) fame)...althought he's not happy about it! ;)

Absolutely Vile

I never thought Paul Merton would be mentioned in the messageboard (unless I mentioned him). Does Rush have the same deadpan sense of humour?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/08/04 at 11:38 am

I never thought Paul Merton would be mentioned in the messageboard (unless I mentioned him). Does Rush have the same deadpan sense of humour?

Hmmm...no not really, or so he says. I think he does, since he and I pretty much share the same sense of humour, and I'd say that I have that kind of sense of humour...although I can get rather demented at times, which has been illustrated several times on this here board! :)

I do think that Rush looks quite a bit like him though! He's not happy about that! :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/04 at 12:21 pm

Vile, you made me realize that I didn't include who would play the love of my life, Don Carlos. Ideally, I think Raul Julia would be perfect but he is no longer with us.  :\'(  So I'm not too sure. Sean Connery?  ???

Cat

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/08/04 at 2:06 pm

Vile, you made me realize that I didn't include who would play the love of my life, Don Carlos. Ideally, I think Raul Julia would be perfect but he is no longer with us.  :\'(  So I'm not too sure. Sean Connery?  ???

Cat

Antonio Banderas? :) (No, that's not fair. I didn't exactly pick eye candy to play my hubby. I picked the one person I thought looked most like him!) :)

I still don't know who'd play me. A muppet? :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: AngeliK on 08/08/04 at 2:11 pm

I thought of it and then asked my boyfriends cousin verified it, the one person who could play me in a movie would be Winona Rider.

which ain't too shabby...wouldn't wanna see it though would depress the hell outa me.

Kxxx

Written By: Howard on 08/08/04 at 4:42 pm

I don't want to know the answer to it right now...cause it might happen someday. I'd suspect some up and comer actor, a nobody perferably.

Me too.I wouldn't really know yet.I can't say who to play me but looking at my pictures of me,who do you think?  ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 4:53 pm

Me too.I wouldn't really know yet.I can't say who to play me but looking at my pictures of me,who do you think?  ;D

Looking at your picture, I reckon Tom Seleck.

Written By: Howard on 08/08/04 at 5:00 pm

Looking at your picture, I reckon Tom Seleck.

Tom Selleck is one of them but how about with the mustache and beard off,now who'd play me? ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 5:41 pm

Tom Selleck is one of them but how about with the mustache and beard off,now who'd play me? ;D

I'll look through the 'Show us your picture thread'. I'll be back in a bit . . .

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 6:06 pm

I'll look through the 'Show us your picture thread'. I'll be back in a bit . . .

O.K, I've looked Howard and this is the best I can come up with. You remind of Johnny Vaughn. He is a presenter on TV.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/7214/1131.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/04 at 6:19 pm

Antonio Banderas? :) (No, that's not fair. I didn't exactly pick eye candy to play my hubby. I picked the one person I thought looked most like him!) :)

I still don't know who'd play me. A muppet? :P

Absolutely Vile

MMMMM Andonio Banderas. YUM!  ;D ;D ;) ;) 

Let me think who I would think could play you-and I will get back to ya on it.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/08/04 at 6:25 pm

MMMMM Andonio Banderas. YUM!  ;D ;D ;) ;) 

Let me think who I would think could play you-and I will get back to ya on it.  ;)

Cat

OK, thanks. Just...not Liza Minnelli!!!! I thought about what, I think, you said about that picture of me when I was 13 and that I looked like Judy Garland. That's fair enough, but I don't want her daughter playing me! She's soooo annoying! :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/04 at 6:57 pm

OK, thanks. Just...not Liza Minnelli!!!! I thought about what, I think, you said about that picture of me when I was 13 and that I looked like Judy Garland. That's fair enough, but I don't want her daughter playing me! She's soooo annoying! :P

Absolutely Vile

I didn't even think of Liza. I agree with you, she is annoying. Actually, Drew Barrymore keeps popping into my mind. Don't ask me why.

Cat

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/08/04 at 7:04 pm

I didn't even think of Liza. I agree with you, she is annoying. Actually, Drew Barrymore keeps popping into my mind. Don't ask me why.

Cat

Ooh! I never thought of Drew! That might work, and I like her! :) Good idea...and much better than a muppet!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/04 at 7:27 pm

Ooh! I never thought of Drew! That might work, and I like her! :) Good idea...and much better than a muppet!

Absolutely Vile

Hmmm. Drew Barrymore? Miss Piggy? (or is it Kermit?) Tough choice.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/08/04 at 7:46 pm

If I only have the choice between the two (or three)...then I'll choose Drew. :) Miss Piggy and I might share some characteristics (extremely high strung, for instance), but Drew would make me look attractive. ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/08/04 at 11:43 pm

Id play myself  ;D

but seriously, Id like to have Robert Deniro circa 1975 play me, but it occured to me that thats just not possible, so I dont know.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/09/04 at 2:36 am

Id play myself  ;D

but seriously, Id like to have Robert Deniro circa 1975 play me, but it occured to me that thats just not possible, so I dont know.

oh definitly Fred Savage for you

Written By: blackdog on 08/09/04 at 2:36 am

I don't think anyone has said Julia Roberts.... so I'll go with her! 

I think she'd do a fine job telling my life story (as boring as it is -  haha) :D

Written By: woops on 08/09/04 at 2:58 am

Olly the Sock from "Sifl & Olly"  :D

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/09/04 at 11:17 am

Olly the Sock from "Sifl & Olly"   :D

you know what, screw Jason Biggs, I want my life story told via sock puppets as well lol

Written By: Howard on 08/09/04 at 9:49 pm

O.K, I've looked Howard and this is the best I can come up with. You remind of Johnny Vaughn. He is a presenter on TV.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/7214/1131.jpg

I don't like it.Got anybody else?  ;D

Howard

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/09/04 at 11:32 pm

oh definitly Fred Savage for you

Nah uh! I dont wear my hair that way anymore...

Written By: Bobby on 08/10/04 at 5:10 am

I don't like it.Got anybody else?  ;D

No, sorry Howard.  :)

Written By: Gis on 08/10/04 at 8:20 am

Well when I was asked this question before I said Woody Allen !

I truely do not know,maybe Gwenyth as she does a good English accent. As to my other half, as I have said before his uncanny resemblance to Brendan Fraser answers that one straight away ! Mind you recent pictures show Brendan getting a bit thin in the hair department so he'll have to wear a wig.............
Also would Brendan make a good Jedi  ??? ;D

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/10/04 at 1:58 pm

How about Billy? ;D

lol nah, if I grew my hair out long like it was a year ago, it would go in fro form, thus making me look like Kevin Arnold, but if Billy grew his hair out long, as he does sometimes, he just looks more like a reject from the casting meeting they held for The OC, and I dont mean that in a bad way, Im just saying his hair is flat where mine is wavy...

Written By: NullandVoid on 08/10/04 at 2:39 pm

Whoopi Goldberg, Everyone tells me that i look like her.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/04 at 6:56 pm

Whoopi Goldberg, Everyone tells me that i look like her.

You know,you do resemble Whoopi in a way. :o

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 7:04 am

I don't think I look like anybody famous.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/04 at 7:24 am

I don't think I look like anybody famous. :-\\

Neither do I.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/11/04 at 8:13 am

I don't think I look like anybody famous.  :-\\

Pleeeeeeeease don't kill me for this comment, Bobby, but I had a look back at your picture, and the first person that came to mind was...Jamie Oliver. If you were just a little thinner in the face with a dodgy haircut. :P  The only difference would be, I don't think you're an idiot. :)

Can ya cook? ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 4:39 pm

Pleeeeeeeease don't kill me for this comment, Bobby, but I had a look back at your picture, and the first person that came to mind was...Jamie Oliver. If you were just a little thinner in the face with a dodgy haircut. :P  The only difference would be, I don't think you're an idiot. :)

Can ya cook? ;D

Absolutely Vile

If only I knew your address, Vile.  ;D  ;D

I suppose there is an element of him in my features (if I have to be brutally honest) but the only thing I can make is Shepherd's Pie (microwaves are so useful, aren't they?)

Anyone want Shepherd's Pie?  :P

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/11/04 at 4:45 pm

If only I knew your address, Vile.  ;D  ;D

I suppose there is an element of him in my features (if I have to be brutally honest) but the only thing I can make is Shepherd's Pie (microwaves are so useful, aren't they?)

Anyone want Shepherd's Pie?  :P

Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm done for! I'm done for!!!!!!! :o

If you could do a vegetarian version of Shepherd's Pie, I'd love to try it! :D Failing that...you could make a killing being Jamie's stand-in doing adverts for Sainsbury's. ;D (Does he still do them?)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 5:09 pm

Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm done for! I'm done for!!!!!!! :o

If you could do a vegetarian version of Shepherd's Pie, I'd love to try it! :D Failing that...you could make a killing being Jamie's stand-in doing adverts for Sainsbury's. ;D (Does he still do them?)

Absolutely Vile

Er . . . I could just give you a blob of mash if you like.  ;D

As for Oliver doing his adverts, he's doing one about sausages at the moment - the wazzock!  ;D

I don't have the same accent as he does (I'm still not sure whether that's a good thing or not).

For anyone who would like to know what Vile and myself are talking about here is a picture of the oik - I mean, Britain's favourite chef . . .

http://www.jamieoliver.net/

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/11/04 at 5:32 pm

Er . . . I could just give you a blob of mash if you like.  ;D

Mmmmm...GARLIC MASH!!! Or maybe some curried mash!!! Yummy!!!! I actually would like Jamie's recipe for pineapple curry. That looked delicious on Oliver's Twist! :P

As for Oliver doing his adverts, he's doing one about sausages at the moment - the wazzock!  ;D

Sausages!! Eeeeeeewww!!! Actually, you know what...I actually fancied the man...'til I went to England with Rush and saw him all the time! Then I realised all the Jamie you people are subjected to, and how annoying he got. Now you have my sympathies, and he is no longer an object of my affection. ;)

I don't have the same accent as he does (I'm still not sure whether that's a good thing or not).

It's a good thing! Unless yours is worse! :P

For anyone who would like to know what Vile and myself are talking about here is a picture of the oik - I mean, Britain's favourite chef . . .

http://www.jamieoliver.net/

I'd have an even better website, if it was still around!!! Hairytongue.com. Hairytongue had loads of pictures/doctored up movie posters/etc. taking the p*ss out of...er...making fun of Jamie and it was hilarious. It had lots of other funny things too.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 5:40 pm

Mmmmm...GARLIC MASH!!! Or maybe some curried mash!!! Yummy!!!! I actually would like Jamie's recipe for pineapple curry. That looked delicious on Oliver's Twist! :P

Pineapple curry sounds lovely.

Sausages!! Eeeeeeewww!!! Actually, you know what...I actually fancied the man...'til I went to England with Rush and saw him all the time! Then I realised all the Jamie you people are subjected to, and how annoying he got. Now you have my sympathies, and he is no longer an object of my affection. ;)

He tries too hard to be one of the lads. It gets tedious after a while.

It's a good thing! Unless yours is worse! :P

Have you heard a Birmingham accent on your travels in England, Vile. I can't give you great examples but I have the same accent as Jasper Carrott and Ozzie Osbourne. There's no hope for me.  :-\\  ;D

I'd have an even better website, if it was still around!!! Hairytongue.com. Hairytongue had loads of pictures/doctored up movie posters/etc. taking the p*ss out of...er...making fun of Jamie and it was hilarious. It had lots of other funny things too.

Ah yeah. I think it is temporarily unavailable. They may put the site back on again later on.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/11/04 at 5:50 pm

Pineapple curry sounds lovely.

It definitely looked good! :)

Have you heard a Birmingham accent on your travels in England, Vile. I can't give you great examples but I have the same accent as Jasper Carrott and Ozzie Osbourne. There's no hope for me.  :-\\  ;D

But you sound like a more coherent Ozzy, right? That's not so bad. It's better than Jamie! He's an Essex boy. :) (But so are Depeche Mode, so I'll shut up now.) :P

Ah yeah. I think it is temporarily unavailable. They may put the site back on again later on.

I hope so! It was the source of hours and hours of endless laughter in the Vile household! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/11/04 at 5:55 pm

But you sound like a more coherent Ozzy, right? That's not so bad. It's better than Jamie! He's an Essex boy. :) (But so are Depeche Mode, so I'll shut up now.) :P

Ha ha! Don't you just love conflicting loyalities?  ;D

Yes, I sound a lot more coherent than poor ol' Ozzy. Unfortunately, I sound more like Ozzy than Jasper Carrott (which is bad enough)  ;D.

Written By: Howard on 08/11/04 at 9:13 pm

Why don't you show your pic again Bob and I'll see who will play you. ;D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/11/04 at 11:23 pm

Why don't you show your pic again Bob and I'll see who will play you. ;D

Howard

OK, just to prove my point...here the Bobby/Jamie comparison. The first picture is our Bobby and the second one is Jamie Oliver. I think Jamie could play Bobby quite easily! Or the other way around! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/12/04 at 4:42 am

OK, just to prove my point...here the Bobby/Jamie comparison. The first picture is our Bobby and the second one is Jamie Oliver. I think Jamie could play Bobby quite easily! Or the other way around! ;)

Absolutely Vile

OMG The similarity is scary. That's it, I'm asking Sainsbury's for an advertising contract.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/12/04 at 7:25 am

Pretty close, Bobby.  Hope you can cook. ;)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/12/04 at 1:22 pm

OMG The similarity is scary. That's it, I'm asking Sainsbury's for an advertising contract.  ;)

Yeah, you could convince them that you really are Jamie! And then you could have your own show on...well...not the BBC because Jamie's on there, but, how about Channel 4? :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/12/04 at 5:03 pm

You wouldn't want me on the telly because if I called myself 'The Naked Chef', I would take that title very literally.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/12/04 at 9:16 pm

You wouldn't want me on the telly because if I called myself 'The Naked Chef', I would take that title very literally.  ;D

Well, I'll tell you...the first time I saw "The Naked Chef," I was totally expecting Jamie to be. Needless to say, I was disappointed. So come on then! Do what Jamie should have! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/12/04 at 9:34 pm

Absolutely Vile

wow! good comparison. :o

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/13/04 at 6:15 am

Well, I'll tell you...the first time I saw "The Naked Chef," I was totally expecting Jamie to be. Needless to say, I was disappointed. So come on then! Do what Jamie should have! ;D

Yes, I will advertise my sausage.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/13/04 at 7:37 am

Better you than Jamie! ;) Is it...suitable for vegetarians?? ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/13/04 at 5:02 pm

Better you than Jamie! ;) Is it...suitable for vegetarians?? ;D

Absolutely Vile

Yeah!  :D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/13/04 at 7:15 pm

Yeah!  :D

Well, good! Then anybody can have your sausage if they fancy a bit of...er... OK, now I'm way ahead of myself!!! <smack!> :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/14/04 at 10:52 am

I hope your cooking show is rated G.  :D ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/04 at 2:43 pm

Well, good! Then anybody can have your sausage if they fancy a bit of...er... OK, now I'm way ahead of myself!!! <smack!> :D

Absolutely Vile

;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/04 at 2:46 pm

I hope your cooking show is rated G.  :D ;D

Yep! Rated G for Groovy!  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/15/04 at 11:20 am

Yep! Rated G for Groovy!  :D

or NC-17 (non cooking under 17)  ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/15/04 at 11:22 am

G for Ginormous Sausage...:P ;) (There, I've said it!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/15/04 at 11:23 am

Absolutely Vile

Now,that was funny!  ;D

Howard

Written By: Stompgal on 08/15/04 at 11:29 am

I'll go for Hilary Duff. She's of similar age to me (16) while I'm 17. She has a similar hair colour to me as well.

Written By: Bobby on 08/15/04 at 7:34 pm

Absolutely Vile

I thought about it but refrained, Vile.  ::)  ;)  ;D

Written By: Gis on 08/16/04 at 8:59 am

I've always thought naked cooking would be classed as a danger/extreme sport ! ;)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/16/04 at 9:04 am

I've always thought naked cooking would be classed as a danger/extreme sport ! ;)

Especially if you're working with ginormous sausages!!!! ;D

ROFL!!!!! I'm sorry...couldn't resist!!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/04 at 11:06 am

Especially if you're working with ginormous sausages!!!! ;D

ROFL!!!!! I'm sorry...couldn't resist!!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Lol. You may laugh Vile but I read it in a magazine about a man who wanted to spice up his morning by approaching his wife naked while she was doing him his breakfast fry-up. Unfortunately, she turned around to ask him how he would like it with the pan in her hand and burnt his vitals! The rest of the story is too painful to tell . . .  :o

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/16/04 at 11:51 am

Lol. You may laugh Vile but I read it in a magazine about a man who wanted to spice up his morning by approaching his wife naked while she was doing him his breakfast fry-up. Unfortunately, she turned around to ask him how he would like it with the pan in her hand and burnt his vitals! The rest of the story is too painful to tell . . .  :o

Ouch!!  :o :( I can imagine! (Well, no I can't... I'm female.) But I'm guessing that probably would hurt, yeah!! :(

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/04 at 8:10 pm

Ouch!!  :o :( I can imagine! (Well, no I can't... I'm female.) But I'm guessing that probably would hurt, yeah!! :(

It's bad enough being kicked there let alone being burnt there. The poor bloke wondered whether he was going to pee through it again it was that severe!

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/16/04 at 8:25 pm

Mel Gibson, if they don't go by looks. Then I'll say Chow-Yun Fat.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/04 at 9:54 pm

Yeah,unless you cut off your sausage by mistake. ;D

(Sorry,I couldn't resist) ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/16/04 at 9:55 pm

It's bad enough being kicked there let alone being burnt there. The poor bloke wondered whether he was going to pee through it again it was that severe!

I'd rather be kicked there. ;D :D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/17/04 at 4:35 pm

Yeah,unless you cut off your sausage by mistake. ;D

(Sorry,I couldn't resist) ;D ;)

Lovers have cut off their partners penis's (do I need to say Loretta Bobbitt? O.k I have). I don't understand how anyone can live through that! I mean, there's an artery around there somewhere!  :o

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/17/04 at 5:36 pm

Lovers have cut off their partners penis's (do I need to say Loretta Bobbitt? O.k I have). I don't understand how anyone can live through that! I mean, there's an artery around there somewhere!  :o

First, it's Lorena Bobbitt. :) I imagine something like that would be quite devastating for a guy! Yes, there are arteries, blood vessels...and a brain!!! ;D (Just kidding!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/17/04 at 6:02 pm

Lorena Bobbitt cut off your penis?  :o :o ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 8:29 am

First, it's Lorena Bobbitt. :) I imagine something like that would be quite devastating for a guy! Yes, there are arteries, blood vessels...and a brain!!! ;D (Just kidding!)

Absolutely Vile

Sorry for the spelling mistake (see, I'm human everyone  ;D). Yep! Like Woody Allen said 'the brain is my second favourite organ'.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 8:30 am

Lorena Bobbitt cut off your penis?  :o :o ;)

Yes, Howard. It hurt for a while but life goes on . . .  ::)  ;)  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/04 at 9:04 am

I'd like to be played by Ken Osmond, the guy who played "Eddie Haskell" on Leave it to Beaver.

Either him, or Ron Jeremy.

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/18/04 at 9:29 am

It would have to be the man, Bobby De Niro!

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 9:33 am

It would have to be the man, Bobby De Niro!

There is a certain likeness there, Gabble.  :)

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/18/04 at 9:36 am

There is a certain likeness there, Gabble.  :)

So someone told me recently! Quite flattering I have to say

Written By: Ripp on 08/18/04 at 10:00 am

I dunno. Who would you think?

I have:

Brown HairGreen EyesAm 4ft 5"Have lightly tanned skinWill suit really any outfitGet scared easily

So who do you think?

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/18/04 at 10:04 am

I dunno. Who would you think?

I have:

Brown HairGreen EyesAm 4ft 5"Have lightly tanned skinWill suit really any outfitGet scared easily

So who do you think?

ET?

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 10:06 am

ET?

LMAO!!!  ;D

I'm not too sure Ripp. Do you have a photo?

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/18/04 at 10:06 am

Ripp, that wasn't meant to offend by the way. Hope you're not!!

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/18/04 at 2:57 pm

Ripp, that wasn't meant to offend by the way. Hope you're not!!

Hey, Ripp and ET look Nothing alike! Try to make fun of her again and Ill hunt you down! ;D

dont worry Ripp, I got your back. :)

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/20/04 at 5:59 am

Hey, Ripp and ET look Nothing alike! Try to make fun of her again and Ill hunt you down! ;D

dont worry Ripp, I got your back. :)

If I told you my surname was Gambino, would you back off??

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:58 pm

Hey Gabble,I see a resemblance with you and Bill Murray.Maybe he can play you.  ;D

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/apocalypse/251/esquire2.jpg

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 08/20/04 at 9:28 pm

A movie about my life? The critics would love it! It would gross millions... probably billions! In the first day alone!

I, being a 14-year old white boy, would naturally have myself played by the comedic genius of Dave Chappelle  ;D and my friends {also 14-year old white boys} played by the following cast of actors:

DMX,
Mel Gibson,
Issac Hayes,
Whoever plays lead guitar in Modest Mouse,
Funked-Up Howard. The One With the Afro.

I don't know about everyone else. Probably Tony Danza as my dad for the raw amusement of it all. The movie? Probably a romantic-action-scifi-comedy-drama, with a hint of animation-horror-mystery.

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/20/04 at 10:39 pm

Oh yeah? well do you know my surname? Its italian too...would you really hurt your own blood? didnt think so... ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/21/04 at 8:12 am

Hey Gabble,I see a resemblance with you and Bill Murray.Maybe he can play you.  ;D

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/apocalypse/251/esquire2.jpg

The resemblance is only very slight, Howard.

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/21/04 at 8:54 am

Actually, when I first saw Gabble's picture the first person I thought of was Michael Palin. OK, Mr. Palin might be a bit old to play him now, but perhaps he could play Gabble later in life? Don't forget my resemblance observations have been spot on so far! ;D

(Gabble: Have a look at my Bobby/Jamie Oliver comparison! I must say I'm proud!) ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/21/04 at 11:01 am

A movie about my life? The critics would love it! It would gross millions... probably billions! In the first day alone!

I, being a 14-year old white boy, would naturally have myself played by the comedic genius of Dave Chappelle  ;D and my friends {also 14-year old white boys} played by the following cast of actors:

DMX,
Mel Gibson,
Issac Hayes,
Whoever plays lead guitar in Modest Mouse,
Funked-Up Howard. The One With the Afro.

I don't know about everyone else. Probably Tony Danza as my dad for the raw amusement of it all. The movie? Probably a romantic-action-scifi-comedy-drama, with a hint of animation-horror-mystery.

I'm not the one with the afro,I'm the one in the corner with the mustache. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/21/04 at 11:45 am

The Gambino Crime Family? ;D

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 08/21/04 at 2:40 pm

I'm not the one with the afro,I'm the one in the corner with the mustache. ;D

Howard

I knew that. I just think the Funked-Up pic guy would make a cool actor.

Written By: Ripp on 08/21/04 at 3:52 pm

Do I really have to show you my picture? My real picture? My mom and dad wouldn't like it and they'd be really angry that i gave personal info!

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/04 at 6:31 am

Actually, when I first saw Gabble's picture the first person I thought of was Michael Palin. OK, Mr. Palin might be a bit old to play him now, but perhaps he could play Gabble later in life? Don't forget my resemblance observations have been spot on so far! ;D

(Gabble: Have a look at my Bobby/Jamie Oliver comparison! I must say I'm proud!) ;D

Again, I can see a slight resemblance to Michael Palin.

Don't start the Bobby/Oliver comparison again, Vile. I've only just got over the idea that I look like a wally from the telly.  >:(  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/04 at 6:42 am

Do I really have to show you my picture? My real picture? My mom and dad wouldn't like it and they'd be really angry that i gave personal info!

You don't have to, Ripp and we can certainly appreciate your parents concerns about putting your picture over the net. I was apprehensive about the idea and I'm about 14 years older than you.

Sometimes, I don't think we realise how young you are.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/22/04 at 6:47 pm

I knew that. I just think the Funked-Up pic guy would make a cool actor.

Thank You. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/22/04 at 6:49 pm

Don't worry about it.We won't tell. ;)

Howard

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/22/04 at 10:46 pm

you dont have to Ripp, dont worry...

And hey you know...youre welcome jeeze, Ripp, Im soo sorry for standing up for you, ya know?  :)

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/23/04 at 3:57 am

Absolutely Vile

Cheers AV, and spot on, as you're not the first person to make that comparison I have to say.

GR

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/23/04 at 10:06 am

Cheers AV, and spot on, as you're not the first person to make that comparison I have to say.

GR

Woo hoo! Two for two! (Or three for three if you want to count Rush, my hubby, who I said could be played by Paul Merton because they look quite similar. I'll have to find a suitable picture to post to make a comparison...if I can get away with it!)

I'm getting good at this! Who's next?! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/04 at 6:34 pm

I'm getting good at this! Who's next?! ;D

Absolutely Vile

You are Vile. I remember saying how much you remind me of Allannah Currie from The Thompson Twins. Do I get a one for one?  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/23/04 at 6:54 pm

You are Vile. I remember saying how much you remind me of Allannah Currie from The Thompson Twins. Do I get a one for one?  ;D

Hmmm...possibly! My hair's not as big (and actually I've been very lazy lately and worn my hair down - it looks terrible now), and I still have eyebrows, but I suppose there's a bit of a resemblance in the face. I'll see if I can find a picture of just her, put it along with me, and do a comparison. :)

The funny thing is...I don't find her, or me, attractive at all! :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/04 at 7:08 pm

Hmmm...possibly! My hair's not as big (and actually I've been very lazy lately and worn my hair down - it looks terrible now), and I still have eyebrows, but I suppose there's a bit of a resemblance in the face. I'll see if I can find a picture of just her, put it along with me, and do a comparison. :)

Allannah Currie has a certain charm. I don't think many people, deep down, think themselves attractive, Vile. I've seen your piccys and I think you are smashing.  ;)  :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/23/04 at 7:30 pm

Allannah Currie has a certain charm. I don't think many people, deep down, think themselves attractive, Vile. I've seen your piccys and I think you are smashing.  ;)  :)

Awww...thanks. ;) Actually I like the ones from last November better than the recent ones, but I'll chalk the recent ones up to bad lighting rather than Rush's photographic skills. Also the recent ones were taken with a Polaroid. We're still hoping to get that digital camera someday!

Oh, and even though I'm no longer enamoured with Jamie Oliver, I still think you're a handsome bloke. ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/04 at 8:38 pm

Awww...thanks. ;) Actually I like the ones from last November better than the recent ones, but I'll chalk the recent ones up to bad lighting rather than Rush's photographic skills. Also the recent ones were taken with a Polaroid. We're still hoping to get that digital camera someday!

Oh, and even though I'm no longer enamoured with Jamie Oliver, I still think you're a handsome bloke. ;D

Cameras can make fools of us all. I have a weird fanged tooth that shows when I use a wide-open smile. You can guarantee that the camera picks that up everytime! 

Thank you very much for your compliment.  :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/23/04 at 8:56 pm

Cameras can make fools of us all. I have a weird fanged tooth that shows when I use a wide-open smile. You can guarantee that the camera picks that up everytime! 

Thank you very much for your compliment.  :)

And the camera always picks up this lovely crevice on the left hand side of my head which is probably there because I've been sleeping in the same position (with that side of my face on my arm) for as long as I can remember, so I've probably deformed myself. :-\\ This is why I usually like to be photographed from the right!

You're very welcome. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 08/23/04 at 9:26 pm

Absolutely Vile

Hey don't say that.I think you're beautiful. BTW,How did you like the pics of me and my Family? :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/24/04 at 3:41 am

And the camera always picks up this lovely crevice on the left hand side of my head which is probably there because I've been sleeping in the same position (with that side of my face on my arm) for as long as I can remember, so I've probably deformed myself. :-\\ This is why I usually like to be photographed from the right!

You're very welcome. :)

I get the sleeping thing where you get that lovely red fold-line go across your face. It takes ages to shift.

Written By: Ripp on 08/25/04 at 8:40 am

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i wanana put my piccy up here but my mom says no. i really really wanna put my piccy up!

Written By: Howard on 08/25/04 at 8:00 pm

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i wanana put my piccy up here but my mom says no. i really really wanna put my piccy up!

Then I'm afraid Ripp you shouldn't argue with your Mother. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/26/04 at 4:43 pm

Then I'm afraid Ripp you shouldn't argue with you Mother. :-\\

I'm agreeing with Howard, Ripp.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:43 pm

Who do you think would play me guessing on the picture of me?

Howard

Written By: Ripp on 08/31/04 at 7:08 am

Then I'm afraid Ripp you shouldn't argue with your Mother. :-\\

Howard

I'm agreeing with Howard, Ripp. ;)

i am NOT arguing with my mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 4:44 pm

i am NOT arguing with my mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard is not suggesting you do that, Ripp.  ???

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 5:28 pm

Howard is not suggesting you do that, Ripp.  ???

I never said that you are arguing,I only said that you shouldn't argue with her.That's a whole different story. ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 6:29 pm

I never said that you are arguing,I only said that you shouldn't argue with her.That's a whole different story. ::)

That's right, Howard. I was defending you.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 6:36 pm

That's right, Howard. I was defending you.  ::)

Thanks Bob! :)

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 09/02/04 at 3:26 pm

(Enters into this thread knowing who should play Howard..)

Written By: Ripp on 09/02/04 at 3:44 pm

i dont like to argue, anyway.

I think I look like - well I dunno! :D

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:24 pm

(Enters into this thread knowing who should play Howard..)

Let me ask you this Bobo,did you see the picture of me a few months ago? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:25 pm

i dont like to argue, anyway.

I think I look like - well I dunno! :D

Why don't you show your beautiful picture of you? :)

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/02/04 at 9:50 pm

Howard

Because her mother won't let her.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Mike Florio on 09/02/04 at 9:54 pm

Let me ask you this Bobo,did you see the picture of me a few months ago? ;D

Howard

TOM SELECK!!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/04 at 5:43 am

TOM SELECK!!!

What did I tell you, Howard?  ;D

Written By: Bobo on 09/04/04 at 6:43 am

Absolutely correct. That's exactly the person I was thinking!

TOM SELECK!!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/04 at 6:54 am

Huh? You just said previously that she should obey her mother. Something I agreed with. ???

Written By: coloradokid on 09/04/04 at 8:24 am

Emme, I believe....if she can act....

Or maybe Reese Witherspoon.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 8:56 pm

TOM SELECK!!!

But Tom Selleck would have to have OCD in my movie. ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/08/05 at 9:26 am

Andy Kaufman

Dwayne Johnson obviously  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 7:13 pm

Well, I think I've revamped my cast:

Me: Dave Chappelle, as always  ;D
Friends of mine: Sean Connery, Mean Ween, Samuel Jackson, All The Surviving Beatles, Tony Danza, Xzibit.

Now, for my friends, guess who you are!  ;D

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/08/05 at 7:16 pm

Probably Drew Carey. We are both fat and wear glasses..but is he short? I don't know..anyway, I am short. His personality doesn't really match mine, at least not the one projected on his television show.

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/05 at 7:16 pm

But Tom Selleck would have to have OCD in my movie. ;D

He's an actor, he can act it.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 7:29 pm

But could Dave Chappelle play a 14-year old, anxious, middle-class, depressed white boy?  ;D That's gotta take talent for a black comic.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/05 at 8:31 pm

Steve Buscemi

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 9:41 pm

Whoopi Goldberg, everybody's always saying how I look like her.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 12:15 am

well...I would have to say either:

Ricki Lake (talk show host, numerous movies)
Julia Louis_Dreyfus (Elaine on Seinfeld)
Nia Vardalos(My Big Fat Greek Wedding girl)
Kathy Najimy(Olive on Veronica's Closet...also in numerous movies)

because I have been told that I look like all of those people!!!! Judging by my pics...which do you think I resemble the most???

Erin :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 03/09/05 at 12:24 am

well...I would have to say either:

Ricki Lake (talk show host, numerous movies)
Julia Louis_Dreyfus (Elaine on Seinfeld)
Nia Vardalos(My Big Fat Greek Wedding girl)
Kathy Najimy(Olive on Veronica's Closet...also in numerous movies)

because I have been told that I look like all of those people!!!! Judging by my pics...which do you think I resemble the most???

Erin :)

Julia Louis Dreyfus ten 15 years ago

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:34 am

Ozzy Osbourne but I don't say F*ck near as much, I prefer to be more colourful and mix my swears

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 1:10 am

Bridget Fonda.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 3:50 am

Probably Drew Carey. We are both fat and wear glasses..but is he short? I don't know..anyway, I am short. His personality doesn't really match mine, at least not the one projected on his television show.

Drew Carey is ubberly short

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 5:06 am

But could Dave Chappelle play a 14-year old, anxious, middle-class, depressed white boy?  ;D That's gotta take talent for a black comic.

It's got to take a miracle as well.  ;)  ;D

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 6:03 am

I'd like to be played by David Boreanaz, who played Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't look much like him, but I am tall, dark & brooding, and think he could capture my essence well. (Ooh-er, bit of a double entendre there, I don't wish him to physically 'capture my essence'!)

Also Ripp- where is that beach featured in your avatar? Looks vaguely familiar to me...

Written By: whistledog on 12/07/05 at 3:01 pm

I'd like to be played by Ryan Reynolds.

Written By: Howard on 12/07/05 at 4:22 pm

Who would play me?

Written By: mrsjb on 12/07/05 at 5:01 pm

Lyv Tyler  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...