inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: interesting music article

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/09/04 at 7:43 pm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/763186/posts

this guy ranked the top songs that bring forth a "conservative" message.....its funny how he analyses certain songs

Subject: Re: interesting music article

Written By: MooRocca on 08/10/04 at 1:57 pm

this guy ranked the top songs that bring forth a "conservative" message.....its funny how he analyses certain songs

"Funny" isn't one of the many words that sprung to my mind. 

Excerpted from preface:
I looked particularly for those embodying religious or patriotic themes, as these are unambiguously conservative values.

No they aren't!  I know plenty of patriotic religious liberals who wouldn't find that the least bit funny -- I know I wasn't laughing,  especially when I got to the part of the rankings where this guy had the audacity to plant his unambiguously-conservative-territory flag in my great nation's anthem.  >:( 

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/10/04 at 6:40 pm

by funny I ment that the connections obviously werent there.  Anything he considered anti-government, patriotic, religious, and anti-taxes was put in this.  THat made me laugh. 

I think it's int he comments where somebody talks about Chumbawumba having "Conservative" songs......Chumbawuma are a group of ultra liberal anarachists...if they found out that someone called one of their songs conservative, theyd probably burn his house down

Written By: conker on 08/11/04 at 10:21 am

His comments about the Beatles Revolution are kind of lame since John Lennon was talking about a Revolution just a peaceful, non violent revolution.
I don't think Mr Lennon would like being called a conservative.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/13/04 at 6:55 am

His comments about the Beatles Revolution are kind of lame since John Lennon was talking about a Revolution just a peaceful, non violent revolution.
I don't think Mr Lennon would like being called a conservative.

All he was saying is give peace a chance

Written By: danootaandme on 08/13/04 at 5:26 pm

Some of those are downright hilarious..."Stand By Your Man" ???

Tammy Wynette sang that  before her divorce, then she stood by her lawyer ;)

Written By: My name is Kenny on 08/13/04 at 9:37 pm

This list is an error on many levels.

Check for new replies or respond here...