inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lost a pal :(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/16/04 at 4:38 am

I was off work since wednesday with the flu.  Got in there today and first thing I am told is my friend Margie is dead.

Apparently it happened thursday night but no one in her team had my phone number so they couldnt call me.

She was out partying with a friend who was visiting from melbourne.  They booked in to have a luxury night at a beachside hotel.

They were out on the 15th floor balcony having a smoke.  Melbourne friend went in to the loo.  When she comes out - no Margie.  She thought she might have wandered off to sober up before bed.  After an hour she went looking for her and when she couldnt find her she called security - who found her.

Margie had fallen over the balcony and landed on the 10th floor pool balcony.  She died instantly.  At this stage the coroner thinks she make have been trying to get her bum onto the railing to sit on it - and toppled over.

She was only 40.  She was one of those people who lived life to the fullest.  Like me she was always flying east to see a concert or musical.  We often spent morning tea discussing where we had been and what we had seen and what our next plans were.  Always bubbly and effervescent - the entire office adored her.

I was only chatting with her last Monday and she was saying how excited she was that her old school friend was coming to visit and how they were going to "Party Hard".

Famous last words really.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Lost a pal :(

Written By: mandamoo on 08/16/04 at 4:44 am

Wow....that sucks big time. I'm sorry BMGirl :(

Written By: Dagwood on 08/16/04 at 7:25 am

I am so sorry, BMG.  That is very sad. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/16/04 at 8:43 am

Sorry to hear that BMG  :\'(

Written By: Gis on 08/16/04 at 8:47 am

Wow, that's terrible.What a shock.I'm so sorry. :\'(

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/16/04 at 10:44 am

My heart goes out to you BMG. :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/16/04 at 10:45 am

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about that. :\'( My condolences to you.

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/04 at 11:01 am

Very sad. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/04 at 11:18 am

This stuff never gets easier, and the only salve is time. :-\\ Remember the good times.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/16/04 at 11:30 am

Words cannot express how saddened I am about your friend's death. My prayers will be with you and her family. :\'(

Written By: Powerslave on 08/16/04 at 11:48 am

That's terrible BMG.  :\'(  She sounded like someone who lived for the moment and had a great time, and that's what life is about.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/04 at 12:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear that BMG. My condolences to you and to her family.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 08/16/04 at 12:20 pm

Hugs to you, BMG. She sounded like a great woman. :\'(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/16/04 at 12:34 pm

That's horrible, BMG...I'm so sorry!  :\'(

Written By: Mike Florio on 08/16/04 at 3:14 pm

Sorry to hear about this, BMG. :(

Written By: Junior on 08/16/04 at 4:22 pm

So sorry, BMG.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: gemini61 on 08/16/04 at 4:35 pm

My codolences to you BMG, so sorry  :( 

Written By: Howard on 08/16/04 at 9:57 pm

Hope you feel better. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/16/04 at 10:00 pm

I was off work since wednesday with the flu.  Got in there today and first thing I am told is my friend Margie is dead.

Apparently it happened thursday night but no one in her team had my phone number so they couldnt call me.

She was out partying with a friend who was visiting from melbourne.  They booked in to have a luxury night at a beachside hotel.

They were out on the 15th floor balcony having a smoke.  Melbourne friend went in to the loo.  When she comes out - no Margie.  She thought she might have wandered off to sober up before bed.  After an hour she went looking for her and when she couldnt find her she called security - who found her.

Margie had fallen over the balcony and landed on the 10th floor pool balcony.  She died instantly.  At this stage the coroner thinks she make have been trying to get her bum onto the railing to sit on it - and toppled over.

She was only 40.  She was one of those people who lived life to the fullest.  Like me she was always flying east to see a concert or musical.  We often spent morning tea discussing where we had been and what we had seen and what our next plans were.  Always bubbly and effervescent - the entire office adored her.

I was only chatting with her last Monday and she was saying how excited she was that her old school friend was coming to visit and how they were going to "Party Hard".

Famous last words really.   :\'(

I have only to say that I am sincerely sorry for your loss, BrianMannixGirl :\'(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/17/04 at 4:54 am

Thanks gang - the support is really appreciated.

Found out two things since yesterday.

Margie and her teenage daughter had a HUGE falling out just days before the accident.  Probably just the standard mother vs teen stuff but of course daughter really feels like hell now for not resolving it. Poor girl.

And - the saddest sweetest thing .....

When her team leader cleaned out her desk today so her hubby could collect her possessions, they found a card with a plane ticket to London that she had bought to surprise her hubby for his birthday in a few weeks.  When we were told this I swear there was not a dry eye in the building.

That's terrible BMG. :\'( She sounded like someone who lived for the moment and had a great time, and that's what life is about.

Yep indeed Power - I dont think there was anything she hadnt yet achieved in life - she had been there done that seen it.

Written By: jaytee on 08/17/04 at 7:50 am

How sad :\'(  Hugs and kisses to her family and friends.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/18/04 at 7:56 am

I'm very sorry to hear all of this, BMG  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...