inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's In Your CD Collection?

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/22/04 at 9:09 pm

Haven't asked this in a long time.. what artists and/or albums would I find in your CD collection?  How many do you have?  How do you store/keep them?

Hopefully some of our newer members see this since our last thread on this topic was on the old board.

You don't have to type your entire catalog, obviously (unless you want to!)--but I just got done with mine (I have even more albums on my computer).  So here's mine.

Bryan Adams--So Far So Good
Aerosmith--Permanent Vacation
Aerosmith--Pump
Anchorman Soundtrack
Beach Boys--Pet Sounds
Beach Boys--Sounds of Summer: The Very Best Of
Beatles--1
Beatles--Rubber Soul
Beatles--Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Black Crowes--The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
Bon Jovi--New Jersey
Bon Jovi--Slippery When Wet
Jackson Browne--Running on Empty
Cheap Trick--The Greatest Hits
Chicago--Chicago IX (Greatest Hits)
Chicago--Greatest Hits 1982-1989
Chicago--Group Portrait
Elvis Costello and the Attractions--The Very Best Of
John Cougar--American Fool
Creedence Clearwater Revival--Bayou Country
Sheryl Crow--Sheryl Crow
Dave Matthews Band--Under the Table and Dreaming
Morris Day--Guaranteed
Def Leppard--Vault
Dire Straits--Sultans of Swing: The Very Best Of
Duran Duran--Greatest
Bob Dylan--Desire
Bob Dylan--Nashville Skyline
Bob Dylan--Planet Waves
Eagles--Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975
Eagles--Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
Fleetwood Mac--The Dance
Footloose Soundtrack
Foreigner--The Very Best and Beyond
Genesis--Turn it on Again: The Hits
Goo Goo Dolls--Gutterflower
Grosse Pointe Blank Soundtrack
Heart--Dreamboat Annie
Don Henley--Actual Miles
Iowa State University Marching Band
Incubus--Make Yourself
INXS--Kick
Joe Jackson--Greatest Hits
Joe Jackson--I'm The Man
Joe Jackson--Night and Day
Joe Jackson--Night Music
Billy Joel--Glass Houses
Billy Joel--The Nylon Curtain
Billy Joel--Piano Man
Billy Joel--River of Dreams
Billy Joel--The Stranger
Billy Joel--Streetlife Serenade
Elton John--Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
Elton John--Greatest Hits
Elton John--Reg Strikes Back
Billy Joel and Elton John--Concert CDs 1, 2, & 3
Journey--Escape
Journey--Greatest Hits
Live--Throwing Copper
Lynyrd Skynyrd--What's Your Name?
Matchbox Twenty--More Than You Think You Are
George Michael--Faith
North Cedar Jazz Band 2004
Nickelback--The State
Pet Shop Boys--Actually
Police--Every Breath You Take: The Classics
Police--Synchronicity
Pretenders--The Singles
Prince--The Hits 1
Queen--A Night at the Opera
REO Speedwagon--The Hits
Santana--Abraxas
Santana--Amigos
Santana--Borboletta
Santana--Marathon
Santana--Milagro
Santana--Shaman
Santana--Shango
Santana--Spirits Dancing in the Flesh
Santana--Supernatural
Santana--The Swing of Delight
Santana--Zebop!
Boz Scaggs--Silk Degrees
School House Rock Rocks
Simon and Garfunkel--Bridge Over Troubled Water
Simon and Garfunkel--Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
Smash Mouth--Astro Lounge
Spin Doctors--Here Comes the Bride
Spin Doctors--Pocket Full of Kryptonite
Spin Doctors--Turn it Upside Down
Spin Doctors--You've Got to Believe in Something
Bruce Springsteen--Greatest Hits
Bruce Springsteen--The Rising
Steppenwolf--16 Greatest Hits
Rod Stewart--If We Fall in Love Tonight
Styx--Greatest Hits
Sugar Ray--14:59
Sugar Ray--Floored
Sugar Ray--In the Pursuit of Leisure
Supertramp--Breakfast in America
Time--The Time
Time--Ice Cream Castle
Wallflowers--Red Letter Days
Weird Al Yankovic--Poodle Hat

20 Best of 70s Rock & Roll
Best of 70s Supergroups
Only Dance 1975-1979
Only Dance 1980-1984
Only Dance 1985-1989
Sounds of the 80s
80s Pop Hits
Hear The Year: 2002
Stone Cold Classics
Legends of Soul
Tropical Nights
Seaside Spectacular 2004
Sports Illustrated: Jimmy Buffett & Kenny Chesney--License to Chill
Rolling Stone 500
Classical Collection
The Best of The Great American Composers
Kantoeri: With Angels and Archangels
WoW 2000
International Festival of Jazz
John's Mix Vol. 1 - 8

"H" is for Holiday
Christmas Classics
Home at Last
NOW! That's What I Call Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller--Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller--A Fresh Aire Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller--Christmas in the Aire
Mannheim Steamroller--Christmas Extraordinaire
Holiday Greetings

Subject: Re: What's In Your CD Collection?

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/23/04 at 1:01 am

i could not possibly begin to list..my cd collection is gigantic and my album collection is massive..
yes,being ktelqueen,i still have every album(many k-tel of course  ;)) and 45 from my childhood and onward..(i stopped collecting new ones in the mid-nineties)
i don't really play my records anymore but i'll never part with them..music has been such a huge passion for me since i was very young and my records are a major part of that.

Written By: Bobo on 08/23/04 at 1:21 am

In awe of another poster on this board (I can't remember who it was, I have a feeling it could have been Bobby), I too got together a collection of every "Now! That's What I Call Music" compilation. I completed it three days ago, when, in a sense of amazing luck, I managed to come across volumes 1 and 2 in a sale yesterday, worth slightly less than I'm sure they should be!

I've also got almost every Beach Boys CD going except for the last two albums (which I wouldn't mind, except there are literally no copies of them, anywhere).

I also now how a veritable supply of copied CDs, too, including Louder Than Bombs and Ocean Beach.

Digressing slightly, I also have an Everly Brothers tape which I picked up which has rare 80s stuff from their albums of that period, which I don't think anyone is likely to find anywhere.. strangely, it's accompanied by a picture of the Brothers taken from one of their 1950's albums!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/23/04 at 11:41 am

Most of Rush's and my interesting stuff is on vinyl...but of what's left of our CD collection remains various 80's compilations (didn't want to get rid of those), CD's we brought back from England on our honeymoon, Morrissey, Ultravox Rare Vol. 1, Ultravox: The Peel Sessions, John Foxx' Assembly, Martin L. Gore's "Loverman" CD single with DVD, the CD's that Rush brought when he came to live here...and that's pretty much it, unless I've forgotten anything important.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Jessica on 08/23/04 at 12:25 pm

Couldn't begin to count all the cd's I have. Some of my favorites are:

Depeche Mode: The Singles 1986-1998
Kill Bill Volumes 1&2 Soundtracks
A mixed cd of Depeche Mode/Roxy Music/Dave Gahan that my friend made me
Mary Wells Greatest Hits
Brenton Woods Greatest Hits
50 Cent- Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Dr. Dre -The Chronic

and so on... :)

Written By: Paul on 08/23/04 at 2:35 pm

In awe of another poster on this board (I can't remember who it was, I have a feeling it could have been Bobby), I too got together a collection of every "Now! That's What I Call Music" compilation. I completed it three days ago, when, in a sense of amazing luck, I managed to come across volumes 1 and 2 in a sale yesterday, worth slightly less than I'm sure they should be!

Ah! Another out of the closet 'Now' freak...!
I've still got the entire set from 1-46 (I gave up after that...!!), and it's true to say that those early issues are not as easy to find as they once were - pride of place in that little lot are a couple of early CD issues (#9 and #10), which go for horrendous sums on e-bay these days...
I'm still clinging onto the old 'Hits' series which ran alongside 'Now'...gave up after #12...

I've also got almost every Beach Boys CD going except for the last two albums (which I wouldn't mind, except there are literally no copies of them, anywhere).

More collectables...a few 2LPs on 1CD albums which included bonus tracks were issued some years back - they were officially sanctioned by the group, then mysteriously got recalled and deleted (by order of the group...!!) - I'm not sure whether they were confined to the European market, but once again, some silly prices do get bandied about...if memory serves, they only featured the group's first half-dozen or so LPs...

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/04 at 7:05 pm

Yep! It's a difficult thing collecting those 'Now' compilations, Bobo and Paul (Congrats on completing your set, Bobo). As well as having The Millennium Series (only 1980 - 1989 - I couldn't be bothered to go any further as I had most of the songs on other compilations. I have got to Now 50 (the first 13 are tape cassettes, have Now 13 and 16 on CD and I start a full CD list from Now 18 (1990) onwards). I think I am missing Now 51 - 54 and Now 57. They can wait . . .

You mention the Hit series, Paul. I have the first 4 and no. 6 on cassette and then 7 and 9 on CD. They were well worth collecting too. Anyone remember The Monster Hits and Snap it up CDs of 1989/1990?

Albums include . . .

One step beyond, Utter Madness, Absolutely & It's . . . Madness - Madness
Outside Inside - The Tubes
Big Ones - Aerosmith
Greatest Hits - Bruce Springsteen
Back to front - Lionel Richie
Lean into it - Mr Big
Hysteria - Deff Leppard
Aquarium - Aqua
The queen is dead - Smiths
From time to time - Paul Young
Bette Davis eyes - Kim Carnes
Essential Perry Como
Electric and Acoustic - Magnum
Hits - Phil Collins
Come on over - Shania Twain
Greatest hits - Cars
Innocent man - Billy Joel
The masters - Showaddywaddy
His whole story - Cliff Richard
Seven deadly Cyns - Cyndi Lauper
Madonna - The immaculate collection

The best of Mungo Jerry, Human League, Shakin' Stevens, BoneyM, Nik Kershaw, Bucks Fizz, Wang Chung, Black Lace, Nick Heyward and Haircut100, Sweet, Sting and the Police, Heaven 17, The Farm & Chas 'n' Dave

Soundtracks to Labyrinth, Grease and Dirty Dancing

Written By: gemini61 on 08/23/04 at 7:17 pm

I could never count all the C.D.'s in this house!! They are all over the place. Both daughters have alot, and mine are in the car, in the living room, bedroom, who knows where else! The oldest daughter has alot, of Beatles, Doors, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead etc......, she's into the stuff I listened to! I have almost all of Elton, some Aerosmith, Floyd, and just tons of random stuff!! When we moved, someone left all of the Albums in the garage in boxes and most of them got ruined  :\'(  I took about 150 of them to the Half Price Book and music store, and they said they were so damaged they would probably just throw them in the dumpster  :o I said no  way, I'll just take them back then. Too many memories there!!  Don't really know why, I just couldn't bear to see the Beatles, Stones, Elton, The Who, and all those great ones get thrown in the dumpster  :(

Written By: Stompgal on 08/24/04 at 4:30 am

I have:
5 Steps CDs
4 No Doubt CDs
5 Gareth Gates CDs
4 Sugababes CDs
6 Atomic Kitten CDs
3 Spice girls CDs
Lots of compilations
Lots of other singles and albums

Written By: Bobo on 08/24/04 at 6:16 am

Yes! The middle ones weren't as hard to get for me (I had a friend who had collected them and kept them safe for someone who really wanted them one day to sell them on). One through seven or so weren't so difficult, but it's when we get to the ones between 10 and 30 or so that they become difficult to find.

You mention the CD twofers, Paul. The first CD I ever got for my CD player was actually Pet Sounds, which was released as a single CD. The others were not so easy to find, a couple of the really hard ones were "Keepin' The Summer Alive/Beach Boys '85" (I'm swear I've got the only copy of them which is still available in Shrewsbury), and the last two, Still Cruisin' (which has some interesting material available, not least the Still Cruisin' single, which, having topped out in the mid 80s of the American chart, made its way to me via bootlegging, and contains an interesting Al Jardine rewrite of 70s UK hit Lady Lynda, and a really good remix of a bootleg track "Rock And Roll To The Rescue" as well as the released version of Kokomo.

Good stuff!

As for the elusive ones from the Now series, 51 to 54 and 57..

51 has some interesting material on it in general, including a rather intriguing version of Lasgo's Something, a record which I rate more than any other in the period, but also some tracks which, without reference to materials, I'm sure weren't as popular as they made them out to be, such as PPK's Resurrection and the flop single by Hear'Say "Everybody", a much worse track than their original offering, "Pure And Simple" (although you can imagine how little I rate that..)

It also has a horrendously cleaned up version of "Blow My Whistle B*tch", which is nowhere near as good as the uncensored version.

As for 54, this was the first of four Now CDs to be released in the year 2002, and I remember distinctly how dregged the pop charts were at that time, being very much exposed to them by a certain Miss Massey..

And this is shown in the track listing with such offerings as Dilemma, Rushes, and the not-so-good radio version of Love Doesn't Have To Hurt by All Saints castaways, Nicole and Nat Appleton. Some say worth the price alone for track 22, If You're Not The One, and as much as so many people rate that song, it was very overplayed around my neck of the woods. Not to say I wouldn't mind hearing it again, but these things get buried after a while.

But then, it does include the DJ Sammy version of the truly unruinable Boys Of Summer. And as for Massive Attack.. inspired!

Unfortunately, by the time 55 was released, pop music was taking what Montgomery Burns would call "a turn for the blurst". With the second Girls Aloud track to appear on such a compilation, the drug induced "No Good Advice", this is not a good sign. However I do rate Fly On The Wings Of Love (featuring a certain DJ Chucky). So much of that CD was actually not released in the end, and is only enlightened by The Thrills' Big Sur, a track everyone has to hear from the Irish lads' fabulous album, So Much For The City.

56 isn't hard to find, being one of the latest in the collection. But I'm holding out on that until I can get a better judgement on the track listing. It's not looking so good at the moment, but maybe with my retrospex on, it'll seem better.

57 through, I can't quite locate at the moment within my collection. But thoughts will soon occur. (As dangerous as that sounds!)

As ever..

I've still got the entire set from 1-46 (I gave up after that...!!), and it's true to say that those early issues are not as easy to find as they once were - pride of place in that little lot are a couple of early CD issues (#9 and #10), which go for horrendous sums on e-bay these days...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/24/04 at 8:59 am

More than enough "Burned" CD's for Losers Lars to shove way up his bum :D

Written By: Paul on 08/24/04 at 3:51 pm

You mention the Hit series, Paul. I have the first 4 and no. 6 on cassette and then 7 and 9 on CD. They were well worth collecting too. Anyone remember The Monster Hits and Snap it up CDs of 1989/1990?

In actual fact Bobby, 'Monster Hits' and 'Snap It Up' were ongoing volumes in the 'Hits' series - Hits 11 and Hits 12 respectively - not sure why the manufacturers went this way, probably desperately trying a different tack on 'Now', who always used to cream 'em...!!

And it still sort-of continues to this day...if you notice, the 'Hits' people have started to name their volumes just in front of 'Now', i.e., 'Now' is up to 58 and out of spite, the next 'Hits' will be 59...!!

Back on topic...a fair old mix of stuff there, Bobby (and everyone else...) - most of my haul comprises of 'Greatest Hits' comps by anyone who's had more than four hits (!), and 'various' stuff...

I'd go on 'til Doomsday writing 'em out, but I'll make mention of three sets...

'The Golden Age Of American Rock And Roll' (Vols 1 - 10) - fantastic stuff which is packed to the gills with fine (and sometimes rare) US product from 1954-63, sadly, it's probably coming to the end of the line now...

'Super Hits Of The 70s - Have A Nice Day' (Vols 1 - 25) - does exactly what it says on the tin...a gathering of lesser-known hitmakers from the 70s, heavily US-based (well, they are US comps...!), but a bit mean on content - 12 tracks to 1 CD...

'Soul Hits Of The 70s - Didn't It Blow Your Mind' (Vols 1 - 20) - self-same thing as above, but in a soulful vein...excellent stuff, but 12 tracks per CD is all you're getting and the last 5 volumes 'lose their way' a touch...

Those last two would cost an absolute fortune on import, but I was lucky enough to get the whole lot for about 30 quid in a radio station clearout...!! Bliss...!!

Written By: Fred on 08/24/04 at 4:28 pm

Well lebeiw, my collection contains many cd's I have made, and Albums. Because vinyl is just better.  ;D
I can't name them all right now, so I'll just have to get back to you. ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/24/04 at 5:44 pm

In actual fact Bobby, 'Monster Hits' and 'Snap It Up' were ongoing volumes in the 'Hits' series - Hits 11 and Hits 12 respectively - not sure why the manufacturers went this way, probably desperately trying a different tack on 'Now', who always used to cream 'em...!!

And it still sort-of continues to this day...if you notice, the 'Hits' people have started to name their volumes just in front of 'Now', i.e., 'Now' is up to 58 and out of spite, the next 'Hits' will be 59...!!

Oh wow. I didn't know that. They were very popular when they came out. What I can't understand is why jump from 12 (which seems to be the last 'Hits' outing to 50 I think it was, where have the other 38 gone?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/04 at 7:34 pm

Funk,Disco 70's,80,90's,etc....

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 08/29/04 at 4:59 pm

Just read about the first two CDs in this series, Paul, thanks to that wonderful creation Allmusic, and all I can say is, if the other eight are this good.. (no time to read through them all now..) they must be of a great standard overall..!

'The Golden Age Of American Rock And Roll' (Vols 1 - 10) - fantastic stuff which is packed to the gills with fine (and sometimes rare) US product from 1954-63, sadly, it's probably coming to the end of the line now...

Written By: Fred on 08/30/04 at 1:40 am

The 5 Albums which I have bought are:

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon  ;D
The Doors - Greatest Hits
The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance
Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band
The Eagles - Hotel California

And Then There are the ones handed down from my dad like:

Led Zeppelin II
Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys

And a lot more.
I have a few CD's like:

Experience Hendrix - The Best Of Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin - Early Days (The Best Of Led Zeppelin Volume 1)
The Doors
Pluse the CD's I have made.  8)

Written By: Paul on 08/31/04 at 3:22 pm

Just read about the first two CDs in this series, Paul, thanks to that wonderful creation Allmusic, and all I can say is, if the other eight are this good.. (no time to read through them all now..) they must be of a great standard overall..!

Well, the other eight aren't bad, Bobo...but the content does tend to get a bit more obscure as the series progresses (or progressed...!) - that's not to say it's any less enjoyable (i.e., Jan & Dean's early stuff...what a hoot...!)

Written By: Bobo on 08/31/04 at 3:59 pm

Which included the live Command Performance material. Quite honestly I'm glad it took me so long to find copies of them on the Internet, which were subsequently burned to CD, but still some oddities there amongst the stalwarts "Surf City", "Dead Man's Curve", "All I Have To Do Is Dream" (?!) and "Sidewalk Surfin", include the "TAMI Show" theme, "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" (again, I must say, ?! (quite glad they butchered this one, to be honest)), and "Louie Louie", also covered the year before by The Beach Boys.

Got quite a bit of their material more on tape than on CD, though, including a list of ominous-sounding cover versions such as "To Everything There Is A Season (Turn Turn Turn)", "Yesterday", "Norweigan Wood".. the list goes on and on.

But then, so do I sometimes..!

ATB

Well, the other eight aren't bad, Bobo...but the content does tend to get a bit more obscure as the series progresses (or progressed...!) - that's not to say it's any less enjoyable (i.e., Jan & Dean's early stuff...what a hoot...!)

Written By: Apricot on 05/14/05 at 10:26 pm

Mostly Mixes.

I have Ween, Grandaddy, Modest Mouse, Eels purchased.

I plan to buy "Who Will Cut Your Hair When We're Gone?" By The Unicorns and "Mellow Gold" by Beck.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/05 at 10:54 pm

I have way too many to even begin to list..

I keep them in these really nice heavy duty zippered canvas CD cases.....I have about 7 or 8 HUGE cases

Erin :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/05 at 1:53 am

CDs?

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/15/05 at 5:20 am

I have at least 200 CD's and about 50 mixed CD's

Some of my favorites:

Thriller, Off the Wall - Michael Jackson
Purple Rain - Prince & The Revolution
Music, Bedtime Stories - Madonna
A Metallica Mixtape and St.Anger
The Diary of Alicia Keys - Alicia Keys
E.1999 -  The Bone Thugs N HArmony
Celbrity Skin - Hole
American Idiot - Green Day
Mozart and Beethoven Compilation
Lover's Rock - Sade
Greatest Hits - Earth, Wind and Fire
                  - Whitney Houston
                  - Roberta Flack
                  - Patti Labelle
Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi
Reggae Gold 2000 - 2004
Sean Paul - Sean Paul

That's all I can think of for now, I have some of everything. :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/15/05 at 5:34 am

I have at least 200 CD's and about 50 mixed CD's
200  :o

I have around 50 bought CD's and under 2000 mp3s. (Just can't afford CD's on my budget)
Mostly consists of newer CD's I've bought over the last 5 years (mainly rock and alternative genre), the mp3's go back quite a bit (music wise) and includes many CD's I can never find in the shop (such as old and indie ones).

Written By: jiminy on 05/15/05 at 10:06 am

AC/DC - Powerage
AC/DC - If you want blood you've got it
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - Back in Black
AC/DC - For Those About To Rock
AC/DC - Flick of the Switch
AC/DC - Who Made Who
AC/DC - Bonfire box set

Agathodaimon - Serpent's Embrace

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Alice Cooper - Goes to Hell
Alice Cooper - Greatest Hits

Alice in Chains - Dirt

Amorphis - Tales From the thousand lakes
Amorphis - Karelian Isthmus
Amorphis - AM Universum
Amorphis - Far From the Sun

Anthrax - Among the Living
Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Anthrax - Persistence of Time
Anthrax - State of Euphoria
Anthrax - Return of the Killer A's

Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin

Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant

Bathory - The Return...

Borknagar - Empiricism
Borknagar - Quintessence
Borknagar - The Olden Domain

Burzum - Aske

Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed

Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass - Heartwork

Carpathian Forest - Strange Old Brew

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Children of Bodom - HateCrew DeathRoll
Children of Bodom - Trashed,Lost & Strung Out

Corrosion Of Conformity - Deliverance

Covenant - Nexus Polaris

Cradle Of Filth - Cruelty And The Beast

Crematory - Act Seven

Danzig - Danzig
Danzig - II : Lucifage
Danzig - III : How the Gods Kill
Danzig - IV
Danzig - V : Black Acid Devil
Danzig - Thrall - Demonsweatlive

Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions
Dimmu Borgir - Godless Savage Garden
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Dimmu Borgir - World Misanthropy
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Emperor - IX: Equilibrium

eXodus - Fabulous Disaster

Falconer - The Sceptre Of Deception

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Foo Fighters - There is Nothing Left to Lose

Free - Molten Gold

Godsmack - Godsmack

Goo Goo Dolls - A Boy Named Goo
Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy up the Girl

Green Day - Dookie

Guns 'N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Guns 'N Roses - Lies

Helloween - The Dark Ride
Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy

HIM - Razorblade Romance
HIM - Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights

Iced Earth - Iced Earth
Iced Earth - Burnt Offering
Iced Earth - Something Wicked this Way Comes
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory
Iced Earth - Horror Show
Iced Earth - The Reckoning

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness

In Flames - Colony
In Flames - Whoracle
In Flames - Trigger EP
In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - The Number of The Beast
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden - A Real Dead One
Iron Maiden - A Real Live One
Iron Maiden - The X Factor
Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Virtual IX
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Iron Maiden - Ed Hunter
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

Jackyl - Prime Cuts

Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare

Jane's Addiction - Kettle Whistle

Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Katatonia - Tonight's Decision

King Diamond - Abrigail II:The Revenge

Marduk - La Grande Danse Macabre

Marilyn Manson - Portrait Of An American Family
Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children

Mayhem - European Legions
Mayhem - Grand Declaration Of War

Megadeth - Peace Sells But Who's Buying
Megadeth - Killing is My Business and Business is Good
Megadeth - So Far So Good... So What
Megadeth - Trust
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Megadeth - Hidden Treasures

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - And Justice For All

Moonspell - WolfHeart
Moonspell - Darkness and Hope

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

Napalm Death - Greed Killing

Necronomicon - The Sacred Medicines

Nevermore - Nevermore
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Nightwish - Oceanborn

Nine Inch Nails - Wish

Nirvana - Incesticide
Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana - In Utero

Occult - Violence and Hatred

Old Mans Child - The Pagan Prosperity

Opeth - Orchid
Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse
Opeth - Still Life
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Deliverance
Opeth - Damnation
Opeth - Live (bootleg)

Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill

Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands

Rob Zombie - Hillbilly Deluxe

Rotting Christ - Genesis
Rotting Christ - Sleep of the Angels

Satyricon - Volcano

Six Feet Under - The Haunted
Six Feet Under - Double Dead
Six Feet Under - Bringer of Blood

Slayer - Divine Intervention
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude

Slipknot - Slipknot

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

Stratovarius - Intermission
Stratovarius - Elements Pt.2

The Darkness - Permission to Land

The Misfits - The Misfits Collection II

Tool - Undertow
Tool - Ænima

I have a few hundred more i'm too lazy to type them all
  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/05 at 12:43 pm

I FINALLY got a new CD case and just finished putting them all in yesterday. The case says that it holds 500 and I realized that I don't have THAT many-but pretty darn close. I have a lot of rock, musicals, jazz, latino, classical, new age, and comedy. I figured it was easier to say which genras I have rather than listing everything. I would be here all day and I don't think I could make a post that big. But that is only my CDs. I also have records (LPs) and cassettes. Who knows how many of those I have-never counted them.

I'm not worried about running out of room on the new case-because we got two of them-so there is a completely empty one waiting to be filled-which I am sure it will be before long.

Cat

Written By: Kenlos on 05/15/05 at 4:48 pm

Everclear - World Of Noise
Everclear - Sparkle and Fade
Everclear - So Much For The Afterglow
Everclear - Songs From An American Movie Pt. 1
Everclear - Songs From An American Movie Pt. 2
Everclear - Slow Motion Daydream
Everclear - Ten Years Gone The Best Of Everclear 1994-2004
Everclear - White Trash Hell
Everclear - AM Radio (Single CD)

Down To The Shake - Down To The Shake (A hand out from Ozzfest on year)

Tantric - Tantric
Tantric - After We Go

Blessid Union of Souls - Home
Blessid Union of Souls - Blessid Union of Souls

Green Day - Dookie

Staind - Dysfunction
Staind - Break The Cycle
Staind - 14 Shades of Gray

Nickelback - Curb
Nickelback - Silver Side Up
Nickelback - The Long Road

Sevendust - Animosity
Sevendust - Seasons

Trust Company - The Lonely Position of Neutral

Alien Ant Farm - Anthology

Kill Hannah - For Never & Ever

Korn - Untouchables
Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror
Plus a lot of their earlier stuff on mixes

Nightwish - Angels Fall First
Nightwish - Oceanborn
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Nightwish - Over The Hills And Far Away
Nightwish - Century Child
Nightwish - Once

Within Temptation - Enter
Within Temptation - The Dance (EP)
Within Temptation - Mother Earth
Within Temptation - The Silent Force

Linkin Park - Meteora (this cd was given to me I did not buy it)

Disturbed - Believe

R.E.M. - Out Of Time
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People
R.E.M. - Monster
R.E.M. - Eponymous

In Flames - Reroute To Remain
In Flames - Clayman
In Flames - Colony

Some Charon mixes

Kamelot - Epica
Kamelot - The Black Halo

Plus about 15 or so other mixes of music I have made.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/06 at 2:35 am

Back on topic...a fair old mix of stuff there, Bobby (and everyone else...) - most of my haul comprises of 'Greatest Hits' comps by anyone who's had more than four hits (!), and 'various' stuff...

I'd go on 'til Doomsday writing 'em out, but I'll make mention of three sets...

'Super Hits Of The 70s - Have A Nice Day' (Vols 1 - 25) - does exactly what it says on the tin...a gathering of lesser-known hitmakers from the 70s, heavily US-based (well, they are US comps...!), but a bit mean on content - 12 tracks to 1 CD...

'Soul Hits Of The 70s - Didn't It Blow Your Mind' (Vols 1 - 20) - self-same thing as above, but in a soulful vein...excellent stuff, but 12 tracks per CD is all you're getting and the last 5 volumes 'lose their way' a touch...

Those last two would cost an absolute fortune on import, but I was lucky enough to get the whole lot for about 30 quid in a radio station clearout...!! Bliss...!!

I got a whole bunch of the UK Now's, and considering they don't get released here, it's quite shocking just how many I do have :o  Why is it the CD versions of the earlier ones from the 80s are only 1 CD?  They leave off like half the songs as appeared on the album/cassette copies?

I love "Monster Hits".  Have it on cassette 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/30/06 at 2:38 am

Eh, why not.  Artists A-M

Billboard Top Hits - 1969-1994 (individual CDs for each year)
Billboard Soft Rock Hits - 1974
Billboard Soft Rock Hits - 1971
Billboard Top Soul Hits - 1972

Original Soundtracks:

Aladdin
The Bodyguard
City of Angels
Charlie's Angels
Chicago
Dick
Evita
First Knight
Flashdance
Grease
I Know What You Did Last Summer
A Knight's Tale
The Little Mermaid
Moulin Rouge
The Phantom of the Opera
The Preacher's Wife
Saturday Night Fever
Seabiscuit
Selena
The 70s (NBC movie)
The 60s (NBC movie)
Spider-Man
Titanic
Back To Titanic
Top Gun
Waiting To Exhale

Aaliyah - Aaliyah

Paula Abdul - Shut Up and Dance
Paula Abdul - Spellbound
Paula Abdul - head over heels

Ace of Base - The Sign

Aerosmith - Greatest Hits
Aerosmith - Big Ones
Aerosmith - Just Push Play

Christina Aguilera - Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera - Mi Reflejo
Christina Aguilera - My Kind of Christmas
Christina Aguilera - Stripped
Chiristina Aguilera - Back To Basics

Fiona Apple - Tidal

Tina Arena - Don't Ask

Babyface - The Day

Bangles - Greatest Hits

The Beatles - 1

Beck - Odelay
Beck - Mutations
Beck - Midnite Vultures
Beck - Sea Change

Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

Mary J. Blige - What's the 411
Mary J. Blige - No More Drama

Bon Jovi - Crossroads
Bon Jovi - Crush

Boyz II Men - Motown Philly
Boyz II Men - II

Toni Braxton - Toni Braxton
Toni Braxton - Secrets
Toni Braxton - The Heat

Sarah Brightman - Dive
Sarah Brightman - The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection
Sarah Brightman - Eden
Sarah Brightman - La Luna
Sarah Brightman - Classics
Sarah Brightman - Encore
Sarah Brightman - Harem

Michael Buble - Michael Buble
Michael Buble - Caught In The Act

Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey - Emotions
Mariah Carey - Music Box
Mariah Carey - Dreamlover single
Mariah Carey - Without You/Never Forget You single
Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas
Mariah Carey - Daydream
Mariah Carey - Fantasy single
Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day single
Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby single
Mariah Carey - Butterfly
Mariah Carey - Honey single
Mariah Carey - My All single
Mariah Carey - The Roof single
Mariah Carey - My All/Breakdown single
Mariah Carey - My All/Stay Awhile single
Mariah Carey - Rainbow
Mariah Carey - I'm So Glad I Found You single
Mariah Carey - Valentines
Mariah Carey - #1s
Mariah Carey - I Still Believe single
Mariah Carey - Glitter
Mariah Carey - Loverboy single
Mariah Carey - Never Too Far/Hero Medley single
Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet
Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi
Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi (re-release)

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

Dave Mathews Band - Crash

Depeche Mode - Violator
Depeche Mode - Exciter

Celine Dion - Celine Dion
Celine Dion - The Colour of My Love
Celine Dion - The French Album
Celine Dion - Falling Into You
Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love
Celine Dion - These Are Special Times
Celine Dion - All The Way....A Decade of Song
Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come

Chicago - Greatest Hits

Dixie Chicks - Fly
Dixie Chicks - Home
Dixie Chicks - Top of World Tour live

The Doors - Greatest Hits

En Vogue - Funky Divas

Evanescene - Fallen
Evanescene - The Open Door

Garbage - Garbage

Green Day - American Idiot

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry
Goldfrapp - Supernature

Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Darren Hayes - Spin
Darren Hayes - Tension and the Spark

Faith Hill - Cry

Hootie and the Blowfish - Musical Chairs

Michael Hutchence - Michael Hutchence

Michael Jackson - Dangerous
Michael Jackson - HIStory

Janet Jackson - janet.
Janet Jackson - All For You

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Jewel - Pieces of You

Jordan Knight - Jordan Knight

Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Led Zeppelin - Early/Latter Days
Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions
Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won

Live - V

Jennifer Lopez - On The 6
Jennifer Lopez - J.Lo

Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
Madonna - Bedtime Stories
Madonna - Ray of Light
Madonna - Music
Madonna - Confessions on a Dancefloor

Richard Marx - Greatest Hits

Metallica - The Black Album
Metallica - Reload

Dannii Minogue - Neon Nights

Kylie Minogue - KM '94 reissue
Kylie Minogue - Impossible Princess
Kylie Minogue - Impossible Princess reissue
Kylie Minogue - Hits +
Kylie Minogue - Intimate and Live
Kylie Minogue - Light Years tour edition
Kylie Minogue - On A Night Like This CD 2
Kylie Minogue - Kids CD 2
Kylie Minogue - Fever
Kylie Minogue - CGYOOMH (both singles)
Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes (both singles)
Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight (both singles and the US single)
Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World (both singles)
Kylie Minogue - Fever (re-issue)
Kylie Minogue - Body Language

The Monkees - Greatest Hits

Mandy Moore - Cry

Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill

Next up......Artists N-Z

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/30/06 at 3:37 am

Artists N-Z

New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
New Kids On The Block - Step by Step

NSYNC - NSYNC
NSYNC - No Strings Attached
NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye single
NSYNC - I'll Never Stop single
NSYNC - Celebrity

No Doubt - Rock Steady
No Doubt - The Singles (1992-2003)

Liz Phair - Liz Phair

REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity
REO Speedwagon - The Hits

LeAnn Rimes - You Light Up My Life
LeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight The Moonlight Mixes single

The Rolling Stones - Saint of Me single

Sade - Lovers Rock
Sade - Lovers Live

Savage Garden - Savage Garden

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Greatest Hits

Shakira - MTV Unplugged
Shakira - Donde Estan Los Ladrones?

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

Stella Soleil - Dirty Little Secret

Britney Spears - ....Baby One More Time
Britney Spears - Oops...I Did It Again
Britney Spears - Britney
Britney Spears - In The Zone

Spice Girls - Spice
Spice Girls - Spice World
Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life single
Spice Girls - Goodbye

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - The Rising

Take That - Nobody Else

Justin Timberlake - Justified
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds

TLC - CrazySexyCool
TLC - Fan Mail

Shania Twain - The Woman In Me
Shania Twain - Come On Over
Shania Twain - Up!

Usher - Confessions

Holly Valance - Footsteps
Holly Valance - State of Mind

Weezer - Make Believe

Wham! - Make It Big

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/30/06 at 3:53 am

As you can tell, I have A LOT of CDs.  What I didn't bother adding were the 30 or so burned CDs I have.  So, take that number and add about 30.

Written By: DJ Midas on 09/30/06 at 4:29 am

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000+ CDs (more than half are CD-Rs).  The cool thing is I have a nifty program to catalogue them all.  I don't have all of my CDs catalogued yet, as most of the CD-R info needs to be entered manually.  For pre-recorded CDs, I just stick them in the drive and the CD gets read and added to the database.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/06 at 4:41 am

Here's just a small list of ones I have (excluding CD singles).  This is probably about 5% of my collection

Compilation albums:

Now That's What I Call Music! 4 (1984)
Now That's What I Call Music! 9 (1987)
Now That's What I Call Music! 28 (1994)
Now That's What I Call Music! 1994 (1994)
Now That's What I Call Music! 31 (1995)
Now That's What I Call Music! 32 (1995)
Now That's What I Call Music! 33 (1996)
Now That's What I Call Music! 34 (1996)
Now That's What I Call Music! 35 (1996)
Now That's What I Call Music! 36 (1997)
Now That's What I Call Music! 37 (1997)
Now That's What I Call Music! 38 (1997)
Now That's What I Call Music! 41 (1998)
Now That's What I Call Music! 42 (1999)
Now That's What I Call Music! 1999 (1999)
Now That's What I Call Music! 47 (2000)
Now That's What I Call Music! 49 (2001)

Regular albums:

Alanis Morissette - Alanis (1991)

Bananarama - Deep Sea Skiving (1983)
Bananarama - True Confessions (1986)
Bananarama - Wow! (1987)
Bananarama - The Greatest Hits Collection (1989)
Bananarama - Pop Life (1991)
Bananarama - Please Yourself (1993)
Bananarama - Bunch of Hits (1993)
Bananarama - Ultra Violet (1995)
Bananarama - Drama (2005)

Basement Jaxx - Remedy (1999)
Basement Jaxx - Rooty (2001)
Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash (2003)
Basement Jaxx - The Singles Special Edition (2005)

Big Country - Steeltown (1984)
Big Country - The Buffalo Skinners (1993)
Big Country - Without the Aid of A Safety Net: Live (1994)
Big Country - The Best of (1995)
Big Country - 20th Century Millenium Masters (2002)

Daft Punk - Homework (1997)
Daft Punk - Discovery (2001)
Daft Punk - Human After All (2005)
Daft Punk - Musique Volume 1 (2006)

Erasure - Wonderland (1986)
Erasure - The Circus (1987)
Erasure - The Two Ring Circus (1987)
Erasure - The Innocents (1988)
Erasure - Wild! (1989)
Erasure - Crackers International EP (1989)
Erasure - Chorus (1991)
Erasure - Abba Esque EP (1992)
Erasure - Pop! The First Twenty Hits (1992)
Erasure - I Say I Say I Say (1994)
Erasure - Cowboy (1997)
Erasure - Other People's Songs (2003)
Erasure - Hits! (2003)

Groove Armada - Vertigo (2000)
Groove Armada - Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub (2001)
Groove Armada - Lovebox (2002)
Groove Armada - The Best of (2004)

Heaven 17 - The Luxury Gap (1983)
Heaven 17 - How Men Are (1984)
Heaven 17 - Higher adn Higher: The Best of (1993)
Heaven 17 - Bigger Than America (1998)

Boyzone - Different Beat (1996)
Boyzone - Where We Belong (1998)
Ronan Keating - Ronan (2000)
Ronan Keating - Destination (2002)
Ronan Keating - Turn it On (2003)

Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go (1996)
Manic Street Preachers - This is My Truth, Tell Me Yours (1998)
Manic Street Preachers - Know Your Enemy (2001)
Manic Street Preachers - Forever Delayed: The Greatest Hits (2002)
Manic Street Preachers - Lipstick Traces: A Secret History (2003)
Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood (2004)

Dannii Minogue - Love and Kisses (1991)
Dannii Minogue - Neon Nights (2003)

Kylie Minogue - Kylie (1988)
Kylie Minogue - Rhythm of Love (1990)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Hits (1992)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Remix Hits 1 (1993)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Remix Hits 2 (1993)
Kylie Minogue - Kylie Minogue (1994)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Remix Hits 3 (1998)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Remix Hits 4 (1998)
Kylie Minogue - Impossible Remixes (1998)
Kylie Minogue - Light Years (2000)
Kylie Minogue - Hits+ (2000)
Kylie Minogue - Fever (2001)
Kylie Minogue - Greatest Hits 87-97 (2003)
Kylie Minogue - Body Language (2003)
Kylie Minogue - Ultimate Kylie (2004)

Ocean Colour Scene - Marchin' Already (1997)
Ocean Colour Scene - Songs For the Front Row (2001)
Ocean Colour Scene - North Atlantic Drift (2003)
Ocean Colour Scene - A Hyperactive Workout For the Flying Squad (2005)

Pet Shop Boys - Actually (1987)
Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour (1990)
Pet Shop Boys - Discography (1991)
Pet Shop Boys - Very (1993)
Pet Shop Boys - Disco

Written By: La Roche on 09/30/06 at 5:26 am

My CD and Record (and tape!!) collection isn't huge, but I'd say it's fairly big.

I own about 300 some LP's, about 500 CD's and then somewhere in the region of 700-800 tapes. (I was a big time tape trader for a long time).

I own the complete works of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Motorhead, Slayer, Black Label Society, Cannibal Corpse, Opeth, Katatonia, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy and a whole host of other bands. (Mainly Black, Death, Thrash and Speed metal)

That makes up the majority of my collection, but I do own some things that people wouldn't expect, for instance, I own almost, but not quite... the complete works of Chicago.  ;D

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/30/06 at 10:57 am

There are currently 191 CDs or CD sets in my record collection. I won't list them all, because there's too much that you don't know or don't care for.

Gigi D'Agostini - l'Amour Toujours

Basement Jaxx -The Singles
Margaret Becker - Never For Nothing
Black - Are We Having Fun Yet?
Black - Comedy
Black - Wonderful Life
Bow Wow Wow - Aphrodisiac (The Best Of...)
Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild (The Best Of...)

The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi
The Choir - Chase The Kangaroo
The Christians - Colour
Charlotte Church - Dream A Dream
Concergebouworkest conducted by Ricardo Chailly - Bol

Written By: La Roche on 09/30/06 at 11:06 am

Showaddywaddy - Castle Masters Collection

I've played in numerous charity football games with the members of Showaddywaddy.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/30/06 at 3:05 pm

... I could post all my CD's, but that'd be boring for me and everybody else.

Written By: YWN on 09/30/06 at 3:13 pm

Abbey Road - The Beatles
The Beatles - The Beatles
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

Guero - Beck
Mellow Gold - Beck
Midnite Vultures - Beck
Odelay - Beck
Sea Change - Beck

The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner - Ben Folds Five (burned CD)

We Sold Our Soul For Rock N' Roll - Black Sabbath (compilation)

Back to Bedlam - James Blunt

A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay

Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds
Songs for Silverman - Ben Folds

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
In Your Honor - Foo Fighters
One By One - Foo Fighters
There Is Nothing Left To Lose - Foo Fighters

American Idiot - Green Day
nimrod. - Green Day

Natural Mystic - Bob Marley (compilation)

Metallica - Metallica

Bleach - Nirvana
In Utero - Nirvana
MTV Unplugged In New York - Nirvana
Nevermind - Nirvana

Elvis 1 - Elvis Presley (compilation)

Broken Boy Soldiers - The Raconteurs

Highly Evolved - The Vines
Vision Valley - The Vines

Pinkerton - Weezer
Weezer (blue album) - Weezer

Elephant - The White Stripes
Get Behind Me, Satan - The White Stripes
White Blood Cells - The White Stripes

First Love - Wonder Years Soundtrack (compilation of songs from the Wonder Years, something Beth gave to me)

Show Your Bones - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/30/06 at 8:49 pm

I sold most of my cds on Ebay....if I want music...I just download it now.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/30/06 at 10:13 pm

8) Mostly old rock..Led Zep, ACDC, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Aerosmith, Doors, Clapton, Oh gosh...sooo many....ZZ Top, Marshall Tucker Band, Tesla, Mettalica, Def Leppard, Styx, Queen, REO Speedwagon, Bob Segar, Jimmy Buffett, Def Leppard, Creed, Traffic, Beck, Van Halen, George michael..( Just kidding..looooll..) 8)

Written By: MLB on 10/01/06 at 12:37 am

I keep my cd's in their jewel cases stacked ABC order on a cd rack-lazy susan sort of thing less than a foot tall, 4-sided and rotates 360

6 1980's compilations
2 1970's compilations
1 "dance hits-1990's"
1 1990's "hits"
New Order:dance remixes burnt cd & 1 album named? w/ the white background an the blue squiggle art.
The Cure: Kiss Me (X3) and Galore,
B52's: Best of
DuranDuran: Greatest hits and Arena
Depeche Mode: Black Celebration, 2 burnt cd's of Dance remakes from Violator & some 80's hits.
Dave Matthews band: Under the table and Dreaming and the second one I forget... Satellites?
Simple Minds: UK extended single. Has 5-6 tracks of popular hits.
The Fixx:  Face Dances?? Well, "Less Cities more moving people" is on this album
Enya:  ?Forgot the name
Sarah McLachlan: the last one with "Adia" on it
Morrissey: Viva Hate
Go West: Go West ( I still love "Call Me!")
cd single George Michael "fast love"
cd single Nu Radicals " music in you??"
Pet Shop boys: Discography and cd single  "new york city boy (?)"
Beatles: Volume II= the later 60's-70's songs.
XTC: Oranges and Lemons
Thompson Twins: Into the Gap
Red Hot Chile Peppers: Greatest Hits
Boom Crash Opera: ? for some reason I bought it for "Onion skin" and never gave it away.
Inherited and enjoy Van Halen :1984
Inherited and love Fleetwood Mac: Rumours and Greatest hits
Inherited and love Billy Idol: Whiplash Smile
"NOW that is...." Christmas Songs
Celtic Christmas Carols
    PLUS I own  a couple more I haven't seen lately or probably forgot the titles of.

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/01/06 at 1:03 am

The Fixx:  Face Dances?? Well, "Less Cities more moving people" is on this album

"Face Dances" is an album by The Who. ;)

I know of two albums by The Fixx: "Reach the beach" and "Phantoms", but I own neither of them.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/01/06 at 8:42 pm

I have about 400 CDs and 500 tapes (not counting duplicates or albums I have in both formats). They're even alphabetized 'cause I'm such a geek. :D

Since listing everything would take awhile, this is roughly what I've got by decade:

pre50s: not sure, maybe 1% (i.e. some standards on a Soundtrack album, etc)
'50s: 2%
'60s: 5%
'70s: 10%
'80s: 50%
'90s: 25%
'00s: the rest (about 7%)

Written By: Schillingfan on 10/01/06 at 11:55 pm

A whole bunch- can't name them all, I have however 16+ CD's that I burned since late last year on iTunes

Written By: Abix on 10/02/06 at 12:44 am

I have over 700 cds that I've purchased. In addition I  have over 5000 mp3 files I've downloaded and burned to CD-R. My musical taste is vast, everything from Classical to Country, Hip Hop, Grunge, Pop, Metal, Classic Rock, Folk, Techno , Reggae, World (Arabic, Indian, Latin)  and Blues. My roots lie in classic rock and classic country however.
It would take months to list all of my cds.  I am always open to new music and love when someone suggests a new artist or an artist I've not heard of.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/06 at 4:01 pm

... I could post all my CD's, but that'd be boring for me and everybody else.

No It wouldn't.

Written By: nally on 01/29/07 at 3:23 pm

All I have in my CD collection thus far:

Weird Al "Weird Al Yankovic"
Weird Al "Dare To Be Stupid"
Weird Al "Bad Hair Day"
Weird Al "Food Album" (compilation)
Weird Al "TV Album" (compilation)
Shakira "Laundry Service"
a two-volume set of jazz music
...and a dance mix CD that a friend of mine put together for our aerobics workout.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/29/07 at 3:45 pm

OK, you asked.  The contents of the CD rack in my living room (got others all over the house), and they don't all belong to me - some are the kids' - honest!

Pop Princesses (darling daughter's)
Teenage Kicks Punk 2 compilation
Face Value - Phil Collins
Hot Fuss - Killers
Purple Rainbows comp
Together (duets comp)
The Dance - Fleetowood Mac
Dire Straits - Dire Straits
Soul's Core - Shawn Mullins
Now 59
Dreams Can Come True - Gabrielle
The Magic Numbers
Love comp
Billy Idol Greatest Hits
Let's Hear It For The Girls comp
Taboo soundtrack
This New Day - Embrace
Cross Road - Bon Jovi
Employment - Kaiser Chiefs
Pop Party 2 (daughter again!)
Urban Hymns - The Verve
Savage Garden
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Friends Reunited the 90s comp
Life In Slow Motion - David Gray
Our Town - Deacon Blue
The Drifters (greatest hits)
Robbie Williams Greatest Hits
Alternative Eighties comp
True Ballads - Tony Hadley
Women & Songs 3
Now! 3 (from Canada)
Practical Magic soundtrack
Best of Everything But The Girl
Final Straw - Snow Patrol
Come On Over - Shania Twain (how'd that get in there?)
20 UK no 1s from the 90s
Pop Goes the 80s
Suedehead - Morrissey
Turn It On Again - Genesis
A Kick Up The Eighties
The Cream Of Eric Clapton
Affirmation - Savage Garden
Solid Bronze - Beatiful South
Untitled 2
White Ladder - David Gray
Hits 57
Money For Nothing - Dire Straits

I've got more but I'm bored with typing now!

Written By: Howard on 01/29/07 at 3:47 pm

My CD collection consists of funk,disco,rock,pop,80's,90's and today's music.More of like a "jack" collection.

Written By: Apricot on 01/29/07 at 3:53 pm

Mostly Indie stuff from my Indie days 1-2 years ago and my more recent Industrial and Avant-Garde.. I'm presently working on some of my harder music.. mathcore, grindcore and Brutal Death Metal, as well as a small bit of Black Metal (mostly just Dimmu Borgir) and expanding the old genres.

I'm looking as soon as possible to buy CDs by The Locust, Circle of Dead Children, Aphex Twin, Cattle Decapitation, Rompeprop, Throbbing Gristle, The Birthday Party, and Cannibal Corpse.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/29/07 at 10:35 pm

Mostly Indie stuff from my Indie days 1-2 years ago and my more recent Industrial and Avant-Garde.. I'm presently working on some of my harder music.. mathcore, grindcore and Brutal Death Metal, as well as a small bit of Black Metal (mostly just Dimmu Borgir) and expanding the old genres.

I'm looking as soon as possible to buy CDs by The Locust, Circle of Dead Children, Aphex Twin, Cattle Decapitation, Rompeprop, Throbbing Gristle, The Birthday Party, and Cannibal Corpse.

Remind me to send you some more early Flaming Lips later.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/29/07 at 10:39 pm

All I have in my CD collection thus far:

Weird Al "Weird Al Yankovic"
Weird Al "Dare To Be Stupid"
Weird Al "Bad Hair Day"
Weird Al "Food Album" (compilation)
Weird Al "TV Album" (compilation)
Shakira "Laundry Service"
a two-volume set of jazz music
...and a dance mix CD that a friend of mine put together for our aerobics workout.

That's all you have?

I just downloaded about 6 new CDs this weekend.  I'm running out of blank CDs.  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/29/07 at 10:40 pm

That's all you have?

I just downloaded about 6 new CDs this weekend.  I'm running out of blank CDs.  :-\\

He just has to listen to the radio, he hears what he wants.

Written By: nally on 01/31/07 at 4:24 pm

That's all you have?

Apparently so. I do hope to buy some more in the near future, though.

Written By: nally on 01/31/07 at 4:24 pm

He just has to listen to the radio, he hears what he wants.

Yes, Dom...the radio is my primary source for listening to music.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/31/07 at 6:52 pm

There's no way for me to compile my collection at this moment (as I'm at work), but from just digging into my memory here, I would say my collection holds at least 300+ CD's.

I have stuff regarding Classical (all styles), R n'B, Rock ('50s, up until now), Folk, Soundtracks, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...