inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Star Wars Galaxies PC game

Written By: Fett69 on 08/23/04 at 5:24 pm

Anybody here played it?  I'm not a big PC gamer (usually just sports games on the PS2), but as a Star Wars fan, this looks cool.  I just had a few questions if anybody's tried it.

1 - From the packaging and from everything I've read, this is an online game, kinda like Everquest.  OK.  But is it JUST for online play?   I never get the impression that it can be played online, it's more like you hafta play online.

B - If I play once or twice a week, maybe even take a month or so off, will it affect the game?  Don't wanna go to play and find out the Empire wiped out my planet!!

3 - Is it fun?  Especially for a novice gamer?

Thanx in advance!

Subject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies PC game

Written By: Fred on 08/24/04 at 4:45 pm

Fett, Star Wars Galaxies is a game, that is not for novice players. It is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) Meaning thousands of people will be playing. SW Galaxies is only playable online therefore I wouldn't recommend taking a month off of the game if you own it, becuase unless you can dish out $15 USD a month, plus the cost of the game at the store counter. If you want to start getting into MMORPG's then it would be best to start with a free one you can download off the internet.

http://www.pristiontale.com is good for beginners because of it's simplicity, but now I hear you have pay monthly for this too.  >:( Priston Tale is pretty crappy anyway.

Written By: Fett69 on 08/24/04 at 11:55 pm

Damn!  :-\\

Oh well.  Thanx Fred!  At least ya saved me the $30 to get the game!  ;)

Written By: Fred on 08/25/04 at 1:53 am

darn!  :-\\

Oh well.  Thanx Fred!  At least ya saved me the $30 to get the game!   ;)

No problem Fett.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...