inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Niskayuna

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 7:07 pm

I'll be going on my trip to see my old friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,New York(A small town in Albany) starting tomorrow (Friday) and hopefully to return on Monday morning or afternoon during the Labor Day holiday.My Mother and I will be leaving around 10am but the Amtrack train doesn't arrive till about 1:45pm so that will give us enough time to purchase the tickets and hang around for a little while.The ride is about 3 hours approximately so hopefully the time will go quickly and I will be in Schnectady at about 4 or 5pm.I haven't seen him in almost 2 years when he was living in New York at the time and he is sort of my mentor and guidance counselor so to speak.We've had a few finanicial problems but we've worked them out perfectly.I also had read that the weather up there will be cool in the morning and pretty warm in the afternoon almost the same temperatures as New York but 5-10 degrees cooler in the morning as compared to here in New York. & That's about it!

As Jim Carrey said in "The Truman Show,If I don't see you,Have A Good Morning,Good Afternoon and Good Evening! Take Care!  :)

Howard

Subject: Re: Niskayuna

Written By: joedeertae on 09/02/04 at 8:33 pm

Hope you have a safe and joyfull trip Howard.

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:35 pm

Hope you have a safe and joyfull trip Howard.

J.Dirt 8)

Thanks Joe Dirt. ;)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/03/04 at 10:52 am

Well, Howard should be on his way now.  Glad to see the trip finally happen!  :)

http://www.tvlinksonline.com/boards/images/smilies/rock.gif  http://www.niskayunaschools.org/images/home/nlogo.gif  http://www.tvlinksonline.com/boards/images/smilies/rock.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/04 at 11:05 am

Have a great and safe trip.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/04 at 5:31 pm

Have a good one, Howard.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/03/04 at 10:25 pm

Thanks guys,My friend Robert says "hello".From Penn Station in New York to Schnectady took approximately about 3 hours and 10 minutes.Let me tell you,the small town of Niskayuna is much different of that compared to New York from where I live.It is much quieter and serene & you can take your time while walking slow & every store is very far away but a long walking distance.Anyway,I'll talk to you soon or when I get back.Have a good weekend!  :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 09/04/04 at 11:01 am

Glad to hear you made it safely, Howard.  Have a good time.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/04/04 at 2:54 pm

I googled Niskayuna, it looks like a nice quiet place.  May take a bit to get used to after NYC

Written By: Howard on 09/04/04 at 4:22 pm

I googled Niskayuna, it looks like a nice quiet place.  May take a bit to get used to after NYC

Well,Danoota,Niskayuna is a nice quiet and serene place to be and you could walk at your own pace and no one would bother you + you can take your time about it.My Friend and I have visited most of the stores and so far it's almost as similar to NYC,it's uncanny.Tonight we are going to an Italian restaurant called Scotti's just around the corner from his house and having something to eat.That's basically it.I hope to talk to you all tomorrow for Part 2 of this wonderful quiet trip.Have yourselves a good night.  :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/04/04 at 4:38 pm

...Tonight we are going to an Italian restaurant called Scotti's just around the corner from his house ad having something to eat....

Howard

I bet Howard orders the garlic bread.  ;) :P

LB

Written By: Howard on 09/04/04 at 4:42 pm

I bet Howard orders the garlic bread.   ;) :P

LB

No,betcha I don't.The garlic bread comes with the meal,LB.I don't know what we're going to have yet but I'll let ya know,it's $20.00 a plate for most of the meals. ::) :P

Howard

Written By: Fred on 09/05/04 at 2:34 am

Have Fun!  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/05/04 at 8:52 am

How was the meal?  I had visions of Chicken Fra Diavolo all night.  MMMMy Favorite :P

Written By: Howard on 09/05/04 at 10:35 am

How was the meal?  I had visions of Chicken Fra Diavolo all night.  MMMMy Favorite :P

The meal was very good but so filling.I had the Spaghetti with sauce and he had the Lasanga.The dinner came with bread and salad and we skipped desert.The choices were delicious but we both declined cause we were both full. :P The prices were reasonable and we both had a good time.Next year,I would like to come back to Niskayuna & Go back to that restaurant possibly during the winter or springtime 2005.Not too sure yet but My Mother and I will hopefully figure out a day for me to see him and spend the weekend.I had a fun time and it's just so quiet every single day like he told me in our conversation.Absolutely,nothing compared to New York without the cacaphoniness.That's about it.See you all tomorrow afternoon when I come back and hopefully I'll have a little bit more to say about the rest of my great trip.This is Howard signing off. :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/04 at 1:16 pm

.Absolutely,nothing compared to New York without the cacaphoniness...

;D ;D Nice play on words, Howard.  ;D ;D

LB

Written By: Howard on 09/06/04 at 9:09 pm

Hey Guys,How are you tonight? I am extremely tired after coming home 4 hours approximately on the Amtrack Train cause of the stupid Labor Day holiday and they had a delay in Utica and the car was filled up and they couldn't take anymore people so they tried their best to fit everyone in.My train was supposed to be there at 120pm then they said 240pm,then they said 330pm but it didn't come in till 350pm so I didn't come home till about 9pm from taking the Amtrack to Penn Station,then the E Train then the bus home!I will talk to you people tomorrow.I'm gonna go take a shower and go to sleep! Goodnight!  :P

Howard

Written By: danootaandme on 09/07/04 at 7:04 am

Hey Guys,How are you tonight? I am extremely tired after coming home 4 hours approximately on the Amtrack Train cause of the stupid Labor Day holiday and they had a delay in Utica and the car was filled up and they couldn't take anymore people so they tried their best to fit everyone in.My train was supposed to be there at 120pm then they said 240pm,then they said 330pm but it didn't come in till 350pm so I didn't come home till about 9pm from taking the Amtrack to Penn Station,then the E Train then the bus home!I will talk to you people tomorrow.I'm gonna go take a shower and go to sleep! Goodnight!  :P

Howard

Bad luck on Amtrak.  I once took it to Florida, and loved it, and when I come to NYC(about once
a year) I take it.  When we took it to Florida we were supposed to have a 1 hr stop in NYC that
turned into four. No fun with a (then) seven year old who happens to be Amtrak crazy.  I do tend
to recommend train travel though. It is good when it runs right.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 8:47 pm

Bad luck on Amtrak.  I once took it to Florida, and loved it, and when I come to NYC(about once
a year) I take it.  When we took it to Florida we were supposed to have a 1 hr stop in NYC that
turned into four. No fun with a (then) seven year old who happens to be Amtrak crazy.  I do tend
to recommend train travel though. It is good when it runs right.

Amtrack really sucks on holidays.That's why I spent almost 4 hours on it.
I was very tired coming home and couldn't wait to hug my mother.
I guess all that quiet was just a temporary solution for me. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 8:50 pm

I didn't want to come back to loud noise.up there,was just absolutely peaceful.
Being back in NY was my reality. :P

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/04 at 10:32 am

Welcome back, Howard. Besides your dealings with Amtrak, how was the visit?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 8:40 pm

Welcome back, Howard. Besides your dealings with Amtrak, how was the visit?

Cat

It was very good.I really enjoyed the quietness.In Niskayuna,you hardly ever hear MUCH noise just the sounds of silence every single day compared to New York where you hear a whole HEAP of noise.I really didn't want to come back to New York,it was just so peaceful.I missed my friend Robert.We haven't seen each other in 2 years and it was great talking to him again.I definitely plan to go and visit him again in a couple of months but this time I would like my Mother to plan it out very early in the morning so that way I can get back to NY in the afternoon & not at 9pm which I had a terrible experience Monday night cause of the stupid Labor Day holiday.Anybody have anymore questions about my trip? :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 8:42 pm

;D ;D Nice play on words, Howard.  ;D ;D

LB

Did I use the word in it's correct meaning?

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/08/04 at 9:06 pm

Did I use the word in it's correct meaning?

Howard

Well, there is "cacaphony" which means "noisy"

I assume "cacaphoniness" means both noisy and phony!  ;D

LB

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 9:46 pm

Well, there is "cacaphony" which means "noisy"

I assume "cacaphoniness" means both noisy and phony!  ;D

LB

Well,I guess.cacaphony actually means...harsh sounds or words. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/18/04 at 7:04 pm

Well,once again I'm off to Niskayuna for the New Year's holiday December 30th.It's too bad that I won't be spending any time with many friends. :( Niskayuna is pretty quiet just about all around the town so I guess I'll be bringing in 2005 in a peaceful matter without any horns or dings or whatever. I read it's extremely cold compared to NYC.he told me his house is like a furnace in the wintertime so I'm gonna have to be prepared for 10 degrees with 0 below wind chills and snow showers. :o

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/18/04 at 7:15 pm

Well,once again I'm off to Niskayuna for the New Year's holiday December 30th.It's too bad that I won't be spending any time with many friends. :( Niskayuna is pretty quiet just about all around the town so I guess I'll be bringing in 2005 in a peaceful matter without any horns or dings or whatever. I read it's extremely cold compared to NYC.he told me his house is like a furnace in the wintertime so I'm gonna have to be prepared for 10 degrees with 0 below wind chills and snow showers. :o

Howard

Cool Howard.  Have a great time !  8)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/19/04 at 7:44 am

Have a safe trip Howard and do try and stay warm. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/04 at 11:40 am

Have a great trip, Howard.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/19/04 at 7:16 pm

Have a safe trip Howard and do try and stay warm. :)

I will try to.But as soon as I get into his apartment,it will feel like a toasty furnace.
I may have to bring a pair of boots with me for just in case there might be some snow on the ground.
I'll be back on January 2nd Sunday Morning Or Afternoon.  :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/23/04 at 4:00 pm

I'm hoping Amtrack won't pull the same crap they did on Labor Day when they were backed up in Utica! >:(
They had me waiting 1 hour and I didn't get home till about 8pm. ::)
Does anyone think that New Year's traveling will be at it's worse on Decmber 31st or coming home on January 2nd? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/28/04 at 6:15 pm

Tomorrow night,I'm gonna start packing.I don't have much to pack but I'll try to pack what is needed for this weekend's weather up there in Niskayuna.They said freezing rain on Saturday so I might bring my boots.But overall,it looks to be like a cold but sunny weekend.I will speak to you all tomorrow night and Thursday morning before I head off. :)

Howard

Written By: danootaandme on 12/29/04 at 7:40 am

I'm hoping Amtrack won't pull the same crap they did on Labor Day when they were backed up in Utica! >:(
They had me waiting 1 hour and I didn't get home till about 8pm. ::)
Does anyone think that New Year's traveling will be at it's worse on Decmber 31st or coming home on January 2nd? ???

Howard

I would think that it will be worse coming back on the 2nd with all people returning from vacations and
long weekends, whereas on the 31st a lot of people may have left early enough(say Thursday), or
would have already be at their vacation destination.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 5:49 pm

I guess I'll try to get on tomorrow morning before My Mother and I head out the door after 9am.I will talk to you then. :) ;)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/04 at 6:18 pm

I guess I'll try to get on tomorrow morning before My Mother and I head out the door after 9am.I will talk to you then. :) ;)

Howard

Have lots of fun in Niskayuna Howard!!  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/30/04 at 6:58 am

Well,I guess that's about all I have to write for right now.I'll be on my way in about an hour or 2 so with that in mind like from The Truman Show:

If I don't see you have a good morning,a good afternoon and a good evening :)

Take care and I'll see you all on January 2nd 2005. ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 9:25 pm

Hello everybody! :) just back many hours ago.was so busy unpacking clothes and toiletries and stuff.The Amtrack going there was about 3 hours and 4 minutes and going home 3 hours and 15 minutes.I had a lovely quiet time despite some sneezing fits from a table that wasn't quite dusted enough or possibly the house even.The room was so disgustingly warm that I think it what triggered off my torrential sneezes.I sneezed so heavy that I couldn't even get to sleep well.But,overall it was great seeing him.I enjoyed his company and I hope to see him again in the springtime(without the sneezes.) :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/03/05 at 6:14 pm

Hello everybody! :) just back many hours ago.was so busy unpacking clothes and toiletries and stuff.The Amtrack going there was about 3 hours and 4 minutes and going home 3 hours and 15 minutes.I had a lovely quiet time despite some sneezing fits from a table that wasn't quite dusted enough or possibly the house even.The room was so disgustingly warm that I think it what triggered off my torrential sneezes.I sneezed so heavy that I couldn't even get to sleep well.But,overall it was great seeing him.I enjoyed his company and I hope to see him again in the springtime(without the sneezes.) :)

Howard

Glad to hear you had fun Howard !  :)

LB

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:54 pm

Glad to hear you had fun Howard !  :)

LB

Thank You LB.I feel better now.hopefully his cleaning lady will clean that certain spot that made me sneeze painfully. ::)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/24/05 at 6:52 pm

On Thursday for the Memorial Day weekend I will once again be heading off to Niskayuna to see my friend Robert so If I don't see you all tomorrow,have yourselves a fantastic weekend and I'll see you all on Monday Night May 30th.Bye! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/24/05 at 7:20 pm

Have a great Memorial Day Howard....hope it's nice and sunny for you!

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 05/25/05 at 5:44 pm

Have a great Memorial Day Howard....hope it's nice and sunny for you!

Thank You Quirk.See you Monday or Tuesday afternoon :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/25/05 at 5:45 pm

I'll be going on my trip to see my old friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,New York(A small town in Albany) starting tomorrow (Friday) and hopefully to return on Monday morning or afternoon during the Labor Day holiday.My Mother and I will be leaving around 10am but the Amtrack train doesn't arrive till about 1:45pm so that will give us enough time to purchase the tickets and hang around for a little while.The ride is about 3 hours approximately so hopefully the time will go quickly and I will be in Schnectady at about 4 or 5pm.I haven't seen him in almost 2 years when he was living in New York at the time and he is sort of my mentor and guidance counselor so to speak.We've had a few finanicial problems but we've worked them out perfectly.I also had read that the weather up there will be cool in the morning and pretty warm in the afternoon almost the same temperatures as New York but 5-10 degrees cooler in the morning as compared to here in New York. & That's about it!

As Jim Carrey said in "The Truman Show,If I don't see you,Have A Good Morning,Good Afternoon and Good Evening! Take Care!  :)

Howard

Enjoy yourself, Howard! These boards just won't be the same without ya!  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/25/05 at 5:48 pm

Enjoy yourself, Howard! These boards just won't be the same without ya!  :)

Of couse they will.I'll be back on Monday the 30th but I will get back on the boards the next day.Bye! :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/25/05 at 6:12 pm

On Thursday for the Memorial Day weekend I will once again be heading off to Niskayuna to see my friend Robert so If I don't see you all tomorrow,have yourselves a fantastic weekend and I'll see you all on Monday Night May 30th.Bye! :)

Have fun on your trip Howard!  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/30/05 at 8:50 pm

Hi everyone! I just got back hours ago. Had a very good time.My friend and I ate a lot while I was up there.2 days worth of pasta,Subway,Chinese Food and a breakfast sandwich with coffee this morning. :P The Amtrak had a brief delay cause of the Memorial Day holiday and college kids. ::) But anyway,Niskayuna is very quiet but getting back to New York and the noise is much better. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/05 at 4:22 pm

Just letting you guys know,I'll be going on vacation once again going up to see my old friend Robert who I've known for about 10 years who lives up in Niskayuna for the Labor Day Holiday from September 2nd-6th and returning to New York in the mid-afternoon OR evening and I'm leaving Friday morning to catch a 1045am Amtrak and coming home on the 6th,I'll be taking a 1140am Amtrak and most likely will be home after 5pm depends on the train and if it has delays or some other problems with backups.So,I'll see you guys tomorrow and once more on Friday morning before I head out the door. :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/31/05 at 4:24 pm

Just letting you guys know,I'll be going on vacation going up to see my old friend Robert who I've known for 10 years up in Niskayuna for the Labor Day Holiday from September 2nd-6th and returning in the mid-afternoon OR evening and I'm leaving Friday morning to catch a 1045am Amtrak and coming home on the 6th,I'll be taking a 1140am Amtrak and most likely will be home after 5pm depends on the train and if it has delays or some other problems with backups.So,I'll see you tomorrow and once more Friday morning before I head out the door. :)

I know you're not going yet, but I hope you enjoy it (I'm saying this now as knowing me, i'll end up forgetting to wish you farewell, then end up posting it a couple of days after you'd left!)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/31/05 at 4:26 pm

I know you're not going yet, but I hope you enjoy it (I'm saying this now as knowing me, i'll end up forgetting to wish you farewell, then end up posting it a couple of days after you'd left!)  ;D

Thanks DAK. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/31/05 at 9:06 pm

Enjoy your trip, Howard!

Written By: Howard on 09/01/05 at 3:42 pm

Enjoy your trip, Howard!

Thanks Erin.I'll see you guys once more before I head off to catch a bus and train tomorrow morning So I'll see you then. :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/01/05 at 3:57 pm

Be sure to catch a bus and not a cold! ;)

Well, in case I don't "see" you again before you leave: have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday! :)

Written By: Howard on 09/01/05 at 3:59 pm

Be sure to catch a bus and not a cold! ;)

Well, in case I don't "see" you again before you leave: have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday! :)

I'll try not to catch a cold and thank you,I'll see you tomorrow morning before I head off. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/05 at 6:39 am

If I Don't See You All,"Have A Good Morning,A Good Afternoon And A Good Evening".Take Care And I'll See You After The Holiday. Bye! :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/05 at 5:26 pm

Hi Everybody.I just came back yesterday from Niskayuna to see my old friend Robert who've I've know about 10 years and I see him every 4 months or so.We talked about some old news,new news we went out to eat 3 days worth of Italian such as one day I ate a big plate of Eggplant Parmigana,Another day I ate Spaghetti Pesto and the day after Him and I shared a pizza pie.That Sunday He went to McDonalds and I ate Subway.I think I ate too much carbs especially the unlimited amounts of coffee,water and bread with butter at the Pizza/Restaurant places.Niskayuna is quiet but I'd prefer the loud hustle and bustle of New York City where I was born. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/07/05 at 10:14 pm

Hi Everybody.I just came back yesterday from Niskayuna to see my old friend Robert who've I've know about 10 years and I see him every 4 months or so.We talked about some old news,new news we went out to eat 3 days worth of Italian such as one day I ate a big plate of Eggplant Parmigana,Another day I ate Spaghetti Pesto and the day after Him and I shared a pizza pie.That Sunday He went to McDonalds and I ate Subway.I think I ate too much carbs especially the unlimited amounts of coffee,water and bread with butter at the Pizza/Restaurant places.Niskayuna is quiet but I'd prefer the loud hustle and bustle of New York City where I was born. :)

sounds like you had an enjoyable time, Howard!

Written By: Howard on 09/08/05 at 4:17 pm

sounds like you had an enjoyable time, Howard!

Yes Quirk I did but I think I ate way too much carbs.Eggplant Parmigana,Spaghetti Pesto and sharing a half of a pizza pie with my friend Robert. :P

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/05 at 4:39 pm

Yes Quirk I did but I think I ate way too much carbs.Eggplant Parmigana,Spaghetti Pesto and sharing a half of pie with my friend Robert. :P

Boy o boy I know that feeling.  The problem is once you start you can't stop.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/09/05 at 3:56 pm

Boy o boy I know that feeling.  The problem is once you start you can't stop.   ::)

Have you eaten so many days worth of pasta and pizza?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/09/05 at 5:54 pm

Have you eaten so many days worth of pasta and pizza?

Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs, Sausage, and warm Italian Bread with Butter of flavored dipping oils, a little chianti to wash it all
down.....  :) ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 6:27 am

Just letting you guys know I'll be going away again for The Martin Luther King Holiday to see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,a small town in Schnectady so I'll be on here tonight and maybe one more time before I leave the house Thursday Morning,The 12th to catch a bus,2 trains and an Amtrak so I hope to see you guys later. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 6:40 am

Just letting you guys know I'll be going away again for The Martin Luther King Holiday to see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,a small town in Schnectady so I'll be on here tonight and maybe one more time before I leave the house Thursday Morning,The 12th to catch a bus,2 trains and an Amtrak so I hope to see you guys later. :)

Hope you have a good time, Howard! :)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/06 at 6:51 am

Have fun on Amtrak.  In February we are going from Boston to Los Angeles on Amtrak.  My son
is Amtraks biggest fan and he is way excited about it.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:13 pm

Hope you have a good time, Howard! :)

Thanks Quirk.Have A good holiday and I'll see you Monday afternoon/evening The 16th.Bye And Take care! ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:14 pm

Have fun on Amtrak.  In February we are going from Boston to Los Angeles on Amtrak.  My son
is Amtraks biggest fan and he is way excited about it.   :)

Have a good time Danoota.Enjoy your holiday. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/12/06 at 6:30 am

Ok,I guess I'll be going now so I'll see you all on Monday The 16th.

"If I don't see you,have A good morning, A good afternoon and A good evening"

Bye And take care! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/12/06 at 9:37 am

Ok,I guess I'll be going now so I'll see you all on Monday The 16th.

"If I don't see you,have A good morning, A good afternoon and A good evening"

Bye And take care! :)

later Howard...see ya when you return! :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/12/06 at 11:18 am

Seeya, Homes. Have fun.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/06 at 8:28 pm

How was the trip, Howard?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/17/06 at 1:43 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: Howard on 06/28/06 at 6:31 am

Tomorrow,once again I'm off to see my friend Robert who lives up in Niskayuna.I'm going to pack tonight.I'll see you later this afternoon and one more time before I catch a bus,2 trains and an Amtrak tomorrow morning.I'm leaving Thursday morning and I hope to return on Tuesday afternoon on the July 4th holiday. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/28/06 at 8:03 am

Tomorrow,once again I'm off to see my friend Robert who lives up in Niskayuna.I'm going to pack tonight.I'll see you later this afternoon and one more time before I catch a bus,2 trains and an Amtrak tomorrow morning.I'm leaving Thursday morning and I hope to return on Tuesday afternoon on the July 4th holiday. :)

have a great and relaxing time, Howard! :)

Written By: Howard on 06/28/06 at 4:39 pm

have a great and relaxing time, Howard! :)

I'll try to.They said in the forecast and it's almost the same as New York.Partly Sunny with showers and possible thunderstorms likely.I may have to bring an Umbrella,We'll have to see what happens.

Robin better be a good girl when I'm on vacation. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/28/06 at 5:18 pm

Have a good time Howard  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/29/06 at 3:15 pm

I didn't go today and I'll tell you why: >:(

I hate when Amtrak messed my whole morning up today.I went to the Amtrak station and I said what I had to say then she said that there are no Amtraks running today up to Albany cause of severe flooding and heavy rains so the asshead gave me the number to Greyhound to get from Albany to Schenctady and then they said that there are no buses running today so I wound up calling the Amtrak hotline from Penn Station and 1 customer service person told me that there will be trains on July 1st and another told me possibly tomorrow cause of heavy rains and thunderstorms if it stops.So I had to tell my friend and he was angry at Amtrak and I was angry at them too.Basically,I'm going to have to extend it either tomorrow or Saturday.I thought I was going to go and was anticipating but just not today.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/29/06 at 7:41 pm

Robin better be a good girl when I'm on vacation. ;)

If she's a bad girl will she get a spanky?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 8:31 am

If she's a bad girl will she get a spanky?   ;D

Oh Yes she will.I better not find out she's been cheating cause Her and I will be going on 2 years this coming October and towards the end of July she's going on vacation herself to California with her family so I better not find out she's a man on the side or she'll get a whipping from me. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 10:19 pm

I've got some good news about my trip.The heavy rains and floods seem to be over.I called Amtrak this evening and the worst is in the past and I'm able to see my friend now who lives up in Niskayuna so anyway If I don't see you:

Have A Good Morning,Good Afternoon And A Good Evening.

I'll see you guys on the 5th or The 6th.Have A nice holiday everyone! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 10:19 pm

I've got some good news about my trip.The heavy rains and floods seem to be over.I called Amtrak this evening and the worst is in the past  and I'm able to see my friend now who lives up in Niskayuna so anyway If I don't see you:

Have A Good Morning,Good Afternoon And A Good Evening.

I'll see you guys on the 5th or The 6th.Have A nice holiday everyone! :)

have a safe trip, Howard! :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 10:21 pm

have a safe trip, Howard! :)

Thanks Erin.Have A Nice Holiday! :)

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 9:20 pm

I'm back from vacation.I had a good couple of days despite the trouble with the Amtrak trains being disrupted from Albany-Schenectady and I had to wait till Friday when the trains were running again and back to normal but overall it was very quiet and I enjoyed it and hopefully I'll be able to do it again during the Fall season. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/06 at 4:12 pm

It's that time once again to go up and see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna for the Columbus Day holiday.I'll be there the 5th,6th,7th,8th and returning on the 9th so I'm packing tonight and It'll be quite cool there so I'm prepared.Hopefully,I won't encounter any floods but anyway If I don't see you for one last time before I leave in the morning,Have A Good Morning,A Good Afternoon and a Good Evening. :)

Take care and I'll see you all on the 9th!  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/04/06 at 4:24 pm

It's that time once again to go up and see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna for the Columbus Day holiday.I'll be there the 5th,6th,7th,8th and returning on the 9th so I'm packing tonight and It'll be quite cool there so I'm prepared.Hopefully,I won't encounter any floods but anyway If I don't see you for one last time before I leave in the morning,Have A Good Morning,A Good Afternoon and a Good Evening. :)

have a great time on your trip, Howard. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/06 at 4:27 pm

have a great time on your trip, Howard. :)

Thanks Erin.I'm packing tonight so I might see you one last time before I leave,We'll see.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/04/06 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Erin.I'm packing tonight so I might see you one last time before I leave,We'll see.

do you go by train or bus? How long does it take to get there?

Written By: Howard on 10/04/06 at 4:30 pm

do you go by train or bus? How long does it take to get there?

Amtrak and it takes 3 hours and change to get there.I thought you knew Erin? ???

Written By: La Roche on 10/04/06 at 4:32 pm

Take care Howard, have fun.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/04/06 at 4:33 pm

Amtrak and it takes 3 hours and change to get there.I thought you knew Erin? ???

you might have told me before...but my mind sometimes...well, I forget things!  ;D :D

Written By: joedeertae on 10/04/06 at 4:38 pm

Hey Howard...
I made it back just in time to wish you a safe and enjoyable trip to Niskayuna.
Be safe and have yourself some fun!

Written By: Howard on 10/04/06 at 4:39 pm

Take care Howard, have fun.

Thanks Everyone.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/06 at 4:40 pm

you might have told me before...but my mind sometimes...well, I forget things!  ;D :D

That's Ok,I forget too

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/04/06 at 10:27 pm

Cool Howard.  8)  Have fun. :)

Hopefully there will not be any wankers yacking loudly on their cell phones during the train ride.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/05/06 at 5:42 am

Ask if they have a "quiet car".  Hopefully they will and you can have a much nicer ride.  The scenery must be gorgeous this time of year.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/06 at 6:00 am

Cool Howard.  8)   Have fun. :)

Hopefully there will not be any wankers yacking loudly on their cell phones during the train ride.

I hope not. ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/05/06 at 6:01 am

Ask if they have a "quiet car".  Hopefully they will and you can have a much nicer ride.  The scenery must be gorgeous this time of year.

I sure will,Thanks. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/05/06 at 6:02 am

I'm going to be leaving soon so everybody have a pleasant Columbus Day Holiday and I'll see you guys on the 9th. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/09/06 at 6:17 pm

I'm back from vacation.It was a good 4 days,the weather was pleasantly warm and cool with temperatures in the upper 50's to low 60's.The only busy day was that Robert and I attended a Disability Day Convention in a mall which was very informative.Other than that,Him and I walked and talked and discussed some old news,new news and other stuff.He'll be moving to Scotia by next month so I may not have enough time to see him but Him and I will play it by ear when the time comes.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/09/06 at 6:29 pm

I'm back from vacation.It was a good 4 days,the weather was pleasantly warm and cool with temperatures in the upper 50's to low 60's.The only busy day was that Robert and I attended a Disability Day Convention in a mall which was very informative.Other than that,Him and I walked and talked and discussed some old news,new news and other stuff.He'll be moving to Scotia by next month so I may not have enough time to see him but Him and I will play it by ear when the time comes.

Glad to hear you guys had fun Howard.  :)  It was getting too quiet around here without you.  ;D

Scotia is not all that far from Niskayuna is it?  Or do you mean NOVA Scotia?

Written By: Howard on 10/09/06 at 6:49 pm

Glad to hear you guys had fun Howard.  :)  It was getting too quiet around here without you.  ;D

Scotia is not all that far from Niskayuna is it?  Or do you mean NOVA Scotia?

Scotia NY is in Albany but it's quite a distance.He'll be moving in November

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/06 at 9:27 pm

aww..so no more Niskayuna? :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/06 at 7:16 am

Amtrak goes right into Albany.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/06 at 7:44 am

aww..so no more Niskayuna? :-\\

He was telling me that after 4 years since moving in November of 2002,He doesn't like Niskayuna anymore so his lease is up in November.The town consists of mostly the elderly and teens and almost every place has an Italian restaurant or pizza,Subway,McDonalds and not much variety in the shopping areas.Plus,every place you want to go to is somewhat of a long distance away and he's handicapped with a seizure disorder so my friend Robert has always been in major pain.He told me that I can come and visit him but him and I will have to play it by ear.Probably by Christmas time or early 2007,I'll be able to see him again.He's hoping Scotia will be a better town than Niskayuna.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/06 at 7:45 am

Amtrak goes right into Albany.

That's correct,I think it's one more stop after Schnectady.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/10/06 at 8:01 am

Welcome back Howard!  :)

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 8:11 am

Welcome back Howard, I love all of those place names.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/10/06 at 10:38 pm

Welcome back Howard!  :)

Thanks Joe. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/06 at 10:39 pm

Welcome back Howard, I love all of those place names.  ;D

So you've never heard of Niskayuna?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 10:53 pm

So you've never heard of Niskayuna?

I've never heard of it either, and I live in the United States.  I can understand how someone who doesn't live in New York state wouldn't have heard of it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/11/06 at 6:17 pm

He was telling me that after 4 years since moving in November of 2002,He doesn't like Niskayuna anymore so his lease is up in November.The town consists of mostly the elderly and teens and almost every place has an Italian restaurant or pizza,Subway,McDonalds and not much variety in the shopping areas.Plus,every place you want to go to is somewhat of a long distance away and he's handicapped with a seizure disorder so my friend Robert has always been in major pain.He told me that I can come and visit him but him and I will have to play it by ear.Probably by Christmas time or early 2007,I'll be able to see him again.He's hoping Scotia will be a better town than Niskayuna.

1.  I hope that Robert finds a more comfortable place to live.  He sounds like a nice guy and a good friend to you Howard.  8)

2.  I hope that you still get to see him often.  So you can start a Scotia thread.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/11/06 at 10:17 pm

1.  I hope that Robert finds a more comfortable place to live.  He sounds like a nice guy and a good friend to you Howard.  8)

2.  I hope that you still get to see him often.  So you can start a Scotia thread.  :)

I've known Robert since May 1996 and I hope that I can come to visit him during Christmas or early 2007.By then,I should make a Scotia thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 7:18 am

Is this the same friend you are hoping to time with in the summer when you are on annual leave?

Written By: Howard on 04/12/08 at 7:33 am

Is this the same friend you are hoping to time with in the summer when you are on annual leave?

yes he lives in Schnectady now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/08 at 8:43 am

yes he lives in Schnectady now.
Is that still close by?

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 4:19 pm

Is that still close by?

he doesn't live too far anymore.

Check for new replies or respond here...