inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dream Interpretation

Written By: Junior on 09/09/04 at 7:22 pm

So, I've recently become interested in trying to find out meaning behind dreams. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out:

Okay, so in this one, it was like two dreams were going on alternately. Like it would flash between one and the other...

I see myself slow-dancing with a girl in a red dress in my backyard...I walk into the school bathroom, hearing the slighest sob, and spotting a boy a year younger with a busted lip and a bloody nose, and we just seem to stare at each other...the girl and I look into each other's eyes and smile. I think "Maps" (yeah yeah yeahs) is playing and I know it's cliche, but...more staring. I stumble over an "I'll...be right back...", beeline out the bathroom, pull a dollar out of my pocket, and buy a cold pepsi from the vending machine...my eyes finally depart from the girl. I study our hands...I arrive back in the restroom. I hand the bottle to the kid and tell him to apply it to his bruised lip. Meanwhile, I pull a keychain with three or four keys on it out of my pocket and hold them against the kid's neck. helps stop nosebleeding...the song is over. She begins to walk away - turns around, smiles, and keeps walking until she seems to disappear...other than a swollen lip, the boy shows no signs of anything wrong. "You okay?", I ask. "Er. Yeah. Thanks," the kid whispers. I walk to the school parking lot, sit in my car with the seat all the way back, and finally, about 15 minutes later, drive home.

I appreciate any and all responses in advance. Thanks!  :)

Meanwhile, feel free to post your own dreams for analysis! :D

Subject: Re: Dream Interpretation

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/04 at 7:57 pm

It is really hard to interperate dreams via the internet without knowing what is going on in your life. There does seem to be meaning in your dream but what it is, I really can't tell. The girl may mean someone you know or it could mean your desires. As to the kid with the bloody lip, that could mean an obsticle of some sort-probably at school and you trying to help him may mean that you seem to be willing to put something that you want (the girl-or what the girl repersents) aside to help this other situtuation (the kid-or what the kid repersents).

Like I said, I can't really do a good interpertation without knowing what is going on in your life.

BTW, this is something that I have been known to do. I have people call me with their strange dreams for an interperation. In my own dreams, I usually know what the slightest thing repersents because but with other people, I don't always know. Anyway, I hope what little I have said helps.

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/09/04 at 7:59 pm

it sounds like a David Lynch movie, Junior lol  ;D

hmm...well, one person can interpret a dream a number of different ways....I once did an interpretation of one of my dreams for my high school psycology class in which I determined that the dream of me and a friend running around an office building with swords killing everyone and then running away from the Hulk was about me wanting to defeat opponents during wrestling season....in other words, its pure BS....

dreams as a whole probably dont mean anything...certain events might be something that already has happened and your dream is remembering it, or maybe the way you wanted a certain event to happen but didnt.  Other things might be brought in fro outside stimuli (e.g. if you left the TV on or the radio or hear people talking while you sleeps, they are incorperated into the dream).  

anyway, what Im trying to say is, I could tell you that this dream is about your desire to do a pogo dance on the Empire State Building, because the girl represents your pet turtle and I'll be just as right as the person who claims its about you wanting to be an adult and the kid with the brused lip is you....

Written By: Apricot on 09/09/04 at 8:11 pm

I've had a repeating dream. Here goes:

Once or twice a month, I will have a dream where I am awake. My vision more clear, and it is in first person perspective {my dreams are usually through the perspective of a third party, like a cameraman. I can make out all the details of my room perfectly, it is much more specfic then other dreams. A Frenchman {I can tell he's french for some reason} in a military style jacket walks to the foot of my bed and stands directly in front of me at the end of the bed. He pulls out a weapon and shoots me in the forehead. I wake up right after the shot hits, with a burning feeling where the shot was.

The weapon has escalated in size each time. The first time, it was a revolver. It turned into a crossbow next time. Then a small cannon. Then a large cannon. I have not had the dream since the cannon dream about a month ago.

Any ideas?

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/09/04 at 11:52 pm

I forgot to mention, that I also suggest you watch the movie Waking Life by Richard Linklatter (School of Rock, Dazed and Confused, Slacker, Before Sunset, Tape) it might provide some interesting thought on this subject

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/04 at 9:57 am

I've had a repeating dream. Here goes:

Once or twice a month, I will have a dream where I am awake. My vision more clear, and it is in first person perspective {my dreams are usually through the perspective of a third party, like a cameraman. I can make out all the details of my room perfectly, it is much more specfic then other dreams. A Frenchman {I can tell he's french for some reason} in a military style jacket walks to the foot of my bed and stands directly in front of me at the end of the bed. He pulls out a weapon and shoots me in the forehead. I wake up right after the shot hits, with a burning feeling where the shot was.

The weapon has escalated in size each time. The first time, it was a revolver. It turned into a crossbow next time. Then a small cannon. Then a large cannon. I have not had the dream since the cannon dream about a month ago.

Any ideas?

From what you said, am I assuming correctly that this is a reaccuring dream? Reaccuring dreams usually are trying to tell you something. Like I said in my last post, it is really hard for me to interpret without knowing what is going on in your life but it could be that the frenchman (whatever he represents) is trying to stop you-from doing what, I'm not too sure. The fact that each time, he uses something bigger means that it is taking more to stop you than before-meaning that you are getting stronger at whatever it is he trying to stop you at. I hope this makes sense to you.

Cat

Written By: Ripp on 09/10/04 at 10:29 am

I had this dream, a very weird dream, and I cannot remember half of it.

It was sort of, i was in a room, and someone was playing, and stuff..and i cant remember

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/10/04 at 8:19 pm

I had this dream, a very weird dream, and I cannot remember half of it.

It was sort of, i was in a room, and someone was playing, and stuff..and i cant remember

that means you hate your mother  ;)

sorry, couldnt resist lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/04 at 10:33 am

that means you hate your mother  ;)

sorry, couldnt resist lol

Shall we call you Billy "Freud"?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 09/11/04 at 3:03 pm

From what you said, am I assuming correctly that this is a reaccuring dream? Reaccuring dreams usually are trying to tell you something. Like I said in my last post, it is really hard for me to interpret without knowing what is going on in your life but it could be that the frenchman (whatever he represents) is trying to stop you-from doing what, I'm not too sure. The fact that each time, he uses something bigger means that it is taking more to stop you than before-meaning that you are getting stronger at whatever it is he trying to stop you at. I hope this makes sense to you.

Cat

Thanks, Cat! That really helps!

Written By: Mike Florio on 09/11/04 at 4:43 pm

Junior, that dream would make a PERFECT music video!  ;D seriously.

Written By: Mike Florio on 09/11/04 at 4:51 pm

I remember in Seccond Grade, I had a dream where me and my brother were in my grandma's deserted living room, and there were like 800 random toys and items of play spread out on the floor, and we're both playing with these toys.  Then I look over at Billy and I see he is assembling an assortment of pages from a comic book that is clearly not "new" and is in poor condition.  I walk over to the comic book and I pick up a page with a young girl's face on it, and as I pick it up, her eyes bulge out of the page and become 3-D.  For some reason, I then decide to ask "what is your name?" so then the girl in the comic answers, and I dont remember exactly what her name was, but to make a long story short, I was afraid of comic books for the next two years.

Written By: Junior on 09/11/04 at 7:50 pm

I remember in Seccond Grade, I had a dream where me and my brother were in my grandma's deserted living room, and there were like 800 random toys and items of play spread out on the floor, and we're both playing with these toys.  Then I look over at Billy and I see he is assembling an assortment of pages from a comic book that is clearly not "new" and is in poor condition.  I walk over to the comic book and I pick up a page with a young girl's face on it, and as I pick it up, her eyes bulge out of the page and become 3-D.  For some reason, I then decide to ask "what is your name?" so then the girl in the comic answers, and I dont remember exactly what her name was, but to make a long story short, I was afraid of comic books for the next two years.

Haha. Weird.

I had a dream about a year and a half ago, where I was out at the local baseball field, some kids about two or three years younger came and started attacking me with this plastic-lightsabre-type-thing, and then some Romainian lady with a thick accent came and yelled at the kids and "saved" me, so to speak, and she was cursing in tongues under her breath as she walked away. Oddly enough, later that year, a woman who resembled the lady in the dream became a teacher of mine when a teacher went on maternity leave.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/04 at 8:43 pm

About a month after my sons funeral I had a dream whwre we were in Scotland...in a field with lush green rolling hills. It was very foggy and Blaine appeared about 20 ft. away from me, holding a girls hand. They were both smiling. She looked very familiar but I'd no idea who she was. He let her hand go and he approached me. he walked right up to me and said "Hey Dad, I wanna run those hills" (We used to run a lot together)...to which I replied "Blaine, you can't, you've been shot and you have to heal up first"...he said "I'm okay, dad" and smiled as he turned away and ran off into the fog....

About a year ago I was with my girlfriend at his grave. She mentioned how she had been just after  the funeral and had noticed a young girl who was visiting a grave about 50 ft. north of Blaines. We went to see that grave and it was a 16 year old girl who had had a heart attack the day before Blaine was murdered. She had survived until about 3 hours before Blaine died that next night....(I recalled this because my ex had told me the story some time before) anyway...her name was Melissa Joan Miles and as I saw her picture on her headstone, I realized the she was the same girl who was holding Blaines hand in my dream!

It's been about 3 months since this dream but in this one my son , who was 17 when he died, was about 15 with no tattoos. He and I were walking down a very bright sun-drenched sidewalk. He was looking ahead and smiling, never looking at me and without him talking,  I could "Hear" him tell me "Dad, I've already told you that I'm alright"....that was it!

Written By: Mike Florio on 09/11/04 at 10:52 pm

About a month after my sons funeral I had a dream whwre we were in Scotland...in a field with lush green rolling hills. It was very foggy and Blaine appeared about 20 ft. away from me, holding a girls hand. They were both smiling. She looked very familiar but I'd no idea who she was. He let her hand go and he approached me. he walked right up to me and said "Hey Dad, I wanna run those hills" (We used to run a lot together)...to which I replied "Blaine, you can't, you've been shot and you have to heal up first"...he said "I'm okay, dad" and smiled as he turned away and ran off into the fog....

About a year ago I was with my girlfriend at his grave. She mentioned how she had been just after  the funeral and had noticed a young girl who was visiting a grave about 50 ft. north of Blaines. We went to see that grave and it was a 16 year old girl who had had a heart attack the day before Blaine was murdered. She had survived until about 3 hours before Blaine died that next night....(I recalled this because my ex had told me the story some time before) anyway...her name was Melissa Joan Miles and as I saw her picture on her headstone, I realized the she was the same girl who was holding Blaines hand in my dream!

It's been about 3 months since this dream but in this one my son , who was 17 when he died, was about 15 with no tattoos. He and I were walking down a very bright sun-drenched sidewalk. He was looking ahead and smiling, never looking at me and without him talking,  I could "Hear" him tell me "Dad, I've already told you that I'm alright"....that was it!

I remember reading about the first dream before...its a very good story.

Written By: Mike Florio on 09/12/04 at 9:14 pm

Heres a weird one.  I once had a dream that it was the last day of school before February break, and I got sent to the principal's office for soem reason which I dont remember.  And whilst the principal was yelling at me, he for some reason, threw his car keys into my lap and exited the office.  Seizing the opitunity, I went into the parking lot, found his car, and drove away, I picked up my friend John, who just so happened to have been being disowned by his parents as I drove up, and me and him just kinda did a road trip accross country in the Principal's car.  I just dont remember any of the details after that for the most part, but I do remember I was seated in a bar and the news report came on the tv that me and John had stoled the principal's car and drove off, and I just started to laugh, but thats all I remember.  That was a good dream.

I just remembered another dream which I might as well say now...long long long ago my brother won this large blue air filled bouncing ball at a carnival, and this ball just sat in our room for ages, so one night I drempt that I picked up a pin and popped it.  I woke up out of breath and sweating.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/04 at 9:30 am

That one is so obvious. Do I need to tell you what that means?

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/04 at 9:34 am

This one really stumps me. I have read this over and over again but I can't seem to figure it out. Sorry.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 5:23 pm

How's this one?

A large group of people, including myself, are in a bowling alley. There is a blizzard coming from inside the bowling alley, and we are all cold. We are bowling, one at a time, one frame against the Devil for our souls. 7 before my turn, the dream cuts to a candy shop. I and a pink haired woman burst into the shop with our fingers poised as guns. The horrified Asian man running the shop runs away, and the woman and I start to take the candy. I pull out a large green helmet and put it on. I start to absorb the candy with my mind. The more I absorb, the happier I become. I get happier and happier until I feel as though I'm on a powerful drug. The woman and I leave, talking all the way. No one notices our crime. However, I don't see, but the perspective of the dream {my dreams are always through another's point of view, a silent camera} shows, a man and my friend's older brother wringing their hands and laughing evilly. Then, I am in a school staircase, laughing and talking with the pink-haired woman and another teen girl with black hair in a school uniform. All the sudden, the pink-haired woman blows a HUGE raspberry, and I am covered head to toe in her saliva. I wipe my face and say "What was THAT about?" Then we start laughing and then I woke up, very sad.

What do YOU think?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/04 at 5:44 pm

How's this one?

A large group of people, including myself, are in a bowling alley. There is a blizzard coming from inside the bowling alley, and we are all cold. We are bowling, one at a time, one frame against the Devil for our souls. 7 before my turn, the dream cuts to a candy shop. I and a pink haired woman burst into the shop with our fingers poised as guns. The horrified Asian man running the shop runs away, and the woman and I start to take the candy. I pull out a large green helmet and put it on. I start to absorb the candy with my mind. The more I absorb, the happier I become. I get happier and happier until I feel as though I'm on a powerful drug. The woman and I leave, talking all the way. No one notices our crime. However, I don't see, but the perspective of the dream {my dreams are always through another's point of view, a silent camera} shows, a man and my friend's older brother wringing their hands and laughing evilly. Then, I am in a school staircase, laughing and talking with the pink-haired woman and another teen girl with black hair in a school uniform. All the sudden, the pink-haired woman blows a HUGE raspberry, and I am covered head to toe in her saliva. I wipe my face and say "What was THAT about?" Then we start laughing and then I woke up, very sad.

What do YOU think?

I'm not too sure about this. It sounds like you were watching too much t.v. the night before or maybe had shellfish or something for dinner that night.

Maybe I should start charging for this.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 6:35 pm

If it helps at all, I had watched no TV in over a week, it was Christmas and I was suicidally depressed. We had no shellfish in over a year.  ;D

I think you could make a killing doing this.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/04 at 6:58 pm

That one is so obvious. Do I need to tell you what that means?

Cat
I just thought it was neat that Melissa was there with him ;)

Written By: martman465 on 04/26/06 at 5:38 pm

Re: Dream Interpretation

Written By: KKay on 04/26/06 at 7:37 pm

wow...another one! the dreams are popular.

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/06 at 9:04 pm

Whatever happened to Junior and Mikey?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:44 pm

I had a dream the other night that my husband joined a band (hahaha...he cannot play any instruments or sing at all...but in my dream he could)...and he had to travel on the road all the time...and I didn't like it! :D

Written By: Ripp on 04/30/06 at 9:33 am

This one dream, I had ages ago, but still:

There was this woman who asked someone if they'd do something, which was like a spell or something. So the woman does this spell/curse/whatever, and they get it wrong sort of, I dunno. So there's this straw, which, if cut, the person who cut it gets attacked by this alien thing and if they're innocent, they won't get killed. Afterwards, they go into another straw and so on. The woman cuts this straw in, like, the back room of a restaurant which looks like OK Diner but isn't. The alien comes out and attacks the woman. She is scared and does something and the alien thinks she's innocent, which she is. Then they go off into the restaurant having a chat and laughing...*eyebrow raise*

Anyway, basically, I was too afraid to cut any straws for fear of not being innocent (idk) and getting killed.

Written By: HunkyDory on 05/09/06 at 9:38 pm

weird dream, that happened a while ago:

I walk into an albertsons with my sister and my mom and we shop, but they leave me there. Soon after darth Vader comes and slices me up on a vending machine. Then a kid named bubble man (who is me in a bubble with superpowers) comes and saves me and then i go home

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/09/06 at 9:50 pm

weird dream, that happened a while ago:

I walk into an albertsons with my sister and my mom and we shop, but they leave me there. Soon after darth Vader comes and slices me up on a vending machine. Then a kid named bubble man (who is me in a bubble with superpowers) comes and saves me and then i go home

... :|

Okay

Written By: HunkyDory on 05/09/06 at 9:53 pm

... :|

Okay

didnt i tell you about that one before,....and the naked oompa loompas :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/09/06 at 9:55 pm

didnt i tell you about that one before,....and the naked oompa loompas :o

... uhhhhh

nuuuuuuuuu

Written By: HunkyDory on 05/11/06 at 11:38 pm

... uhhhhh

nuuuuuuuuu

oic

Check for new replies or respond here...