inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone else want to see YesterdayLand RETURN !

Written By: TheAuthenticFan on 09/16/04 at 5:26 pm

The Awesome pop Culture Website with it's cool threaded format,

Anyone else want to see it Return? :P

Subject: Re: Anyone else want to see YesterdayLand RETURN !

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/02/04 at 5:46 pm

Yeah!

:(

Written By: Mergal on 12/02/04 at 11:15 pm

That was an awesome website, but I guess this is the next best thing...

Written By: karen on 12/03/04 at 4:56 am

That was an awesome website, but I guess this is the next best thing...

You do realise that if this boards stopped, and Yesterland was still going, the regulars here would be saying the same thing over there?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/03/04 at 1:50 pm

Was this thread started by our old friend Andrew, under a new name?  I recall somebody saying he frequented YesterdayLand.  ???

Oddly I typed in www.yesterdayland.com and got some website that's about American Indians in Maine.  :-\\

The current DNS registration expires on 1/28/2005

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/03/04 at 3:15 pm

Was this thread started by our old friend Andrew, under a new name?  I recall somebody saying he frequented YesterdayLand.  ???

Oddly I typed in www.yesterdayland.com and got some website that's about American Indians in Maine.  :-\\

The current DNS registration expires on 1/28/2005

old posting originally that someone recently responded to.

I looked up their messageboard in the archive.org site, and it's just an old wwwboard style board, which was not a superior board format (used it for a few years on the 80s site).  It actually requires you to click around a ton to read entrie threads, etc.  I don't miss that style of board at all.

The site itself had a lot of content, that was well written, though I have to question whether it was written by the site owners or re-appropriated from other sources.  If the later was the case, it's probably why it didn't last.

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/03/04 at 4:41 pm

YL.com tried hard to succeed as an e-commerce site.  By using the high traffic statistic to sell advertising it was supposed to make a profit.  I don't think that it worked out as well as planned.  The site took an enormous amount of space and time.  Yes, everything on the site was the result of the owners work and research, by himself or editors.

Other than the message board community, YL had one of the most comprehensive databases of pop culture of the 50s to the present.

It was truly amazing.

This place really captures the feel of the YL community.  More so than many of the other places that popped up after YL was taken down.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers!

Written By: skooldays on 04/01/05 at 12:28 pm

Hi all, i was a yesterdaylander with some mates we have put together a nostalgic site
it could do with some critics - that could be a dangerous rquest
anyway we hope our servers are built to take the traffic
www.skooldays.com and www.skool-days.co.uk

look forward to your thoughts and nice to join a great bunch on here

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 12:34 pm

well I think that inthe00s.com totally ROCKS and I am so happy to have stumbled upon it!!

Erin :)

Check for new replies or respond here...