inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spoonerism Fun!

Written By: Ripp on 09/19/04 at 3:05 pm

Make up spoonerisms.

One sentence:

"I shall go and die a beggar."

Spoonerism Version:

"I shall go and buy a dagger."

So...what if a spoonerism of one thing meant another? Like the example above?

Gave a ho!

Subject: Re: Spoonerism Fun!

Written By: Paul on 09/19/04 at 4:27 pm

I'm tempted to contibute Kenny Everett's (an absolute legend...!) 'female' creation...Cupid Stunt...

...but I won't as it's a bit saucy, but it's all in the best possible taste...!!

(Aren't I just a 'shining wit'...?!!)

Written By: philbo on 09/20/04 at 12:11 pm

"Shining wit"?  I used that in this one: Mad Spoonerism

"You have tasted two whole worms, you have hissed all my mystery lessons and shall be sent home by the next town drain."
...or something like that :-)

Written By: Bobby on 09/20/04 at 6:30 pm

I'm tempted to contibute Kenny Everett's (an absolute legend...!) 'female' creation...Cupid Stunt...

...but I won't as it's a bit saucy, but it's all in the best possible taste...!!

(Aren't I just a 'shining wit'...?!!)

Is that the one with the oversized boobs and the long legs? LOL. Oh! Kenny Everett is a legend.  ;D

Written By: Ripp on 09/26/04 at 8:03 am

"Adam Canbody was toying with his plays when a salien paceship was blowing above his gackyard. Anna, his friend, said, 'The daft is crawing closer!' Adam was treeing his pousers from sceeing bared."

;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/27/04 at 1:45 pm

I think William Spooner, the inspiration for Spoonerisms, said it best when he exclaimed "You have hissed all my mystery lectures!"

Check for new replies or respond here...