inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: funny instrumental version of '2001 A Space Odyssey' theme song?!

Written By: Izod on 10/02/04 at 10:00 am

Hi ya'll! To get a better idea of what I'm looking for - this sounds like an elementary school band trying to play the song, & sounds out-of-tune, & ect. It's hilarious! Sometimes radio stations will play this particular version in the background while they're talking. Anyone know where I can find an audio copy of this? I've been Google searchin', & have had no luck. Please help. Thanks.

Subject: Re: funny instrumental version of '2001 A Space Odyssey' theme song?!

Written By: Paul on 10/02/04 at 10:46 am

This sounds suspiciously like 'The Portsmouth Sinfonia', Izod - a rag-bag collection of 'musicians' that used to slaughter the classics...

A bit more info' about them can be found here, and there's some samples of their music (including 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' - the 2001 theme) lying around on the site...you'll need RealPlayer for the purpose, tho'...

Happy listening...!!

Subject: Re: funny instrumental version of '2001 A Space Odyssey' theme song?!

Written By: Izod on 10/02/04 at 7:01 pm

This sounds suspiciously like 'The Portsmouth Sinfonia', Izod - a rag-bag collection of 'musicians' that used to slaughter the classics...

A bit more info' about them can be found here, and there's some samples of their music (including 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' - the 2001 theme) lying around on the site...you'll need RealPlayer for the purpose, tho'...

Happy listening...!!

Thanks Paul! Yep, that's it!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...