inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you guys)

Written By: Harmonica on 10/03/04 at 12:49 pm

Here's a guy that I think of as a brother, a guy who I consider one of my best friends, a guy who I thank God for putting in my life and he's black mailing me.......can you believe this.

If you read my problem number 1, you know that when it comes to girls, I'm as shy and unconfident as they come.  8)

well anyway....trying to avoid liking a girl as a freshman in college, a girl caught my eye and my heart said..."oh I want that". But I figured  logically since she's a junior and she's really pretty that I didn't stand a chance with her. 

Man did I make a MISTAKE! I told one of my friends about her, showed him a picture, and told him her first and last name.  I wasn't worried about telling him, he's about 4 hours or so away, he ain't telling her, right? Wrong.

He found out her email address from our school website and has given me 6 days to ask her out or he's going to email her and let her know how I feel about her.

This is ludicrous and a unremorseful betrayal upon his part, he Can't do this to me!

I'm in a lose - lose situation, with no way out, I've tried every plea, hell I even begged! I threatened him....you name it, I've tried it, he just won't give in!!!

Help?!?!?!

Subject: Re: Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you guys)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/03/04 at 1:05 pm

I don't see how it is a lose/lose situation.  You never know how she really feels until you try.  If she doesn't want to date you, then it is her loss.  I think you should talk to her, otherwise you might spend the rest of your life wondering "what if".  It sounds to me like that is what your friend is trying to help you do.

Subject: Re: Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you g

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/04 at 2:04 pm

This is the best thing that could happen.  You never would have made a move, you could spend the
rest of your life wondering what could have been.  Take a deep breath, and go for the gold.  It has
happened to me before and though I never married at least I know I could or couldn't have if  I wanted,
or didn't want, to.  ;)

Subject: Re: Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you guys)

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 2:16 pm

Tell her. If you feel a connection, it might be love. Just don't let it slip from you. It is better to know that it can't work then forever not knowing. Either way, she'll find out, so why not tell her yourself? Go for it.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/03/04 at 3:07 pm

I had a feeling that you'd all say the same thing.

Why do you all have to be right?  Why?

Whatever happened to hiding your feelings and staying in the shadows?

I am a true chicken****!

Written By: gemini61 on 10/03/04 at 3:32 pm

Maybe he's just messing with you and isn't really going to tell her. You could be freaking out for no reason. Just wait and see what happens, then who knows, if he does tell her, she might say yes!

Subject: Re: Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you g

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/04 at 3:52 pm

I had a feeling that you'd all say the same thing.

Why do you all have to be right?  Why?

I am a true chickensheesh!

"Cause most of us have been there and wish we had someone to give us that kick in the ass. ;)

Written By: Paul on 10/03/04 at 4:23 pm

Believe me, Harmonica...it doesn't work, no matter how much you think it might...

I am a true chickensheesh!

Well, if you are, then you're not alone...I'm one too (!) - but you've got time on your side...don't worry...

Keep believing your custom title...pretty wise words...

Written By: Harmonica on 10/03/04 at 5:13 pm

Let him tell her.  If she DOES like you, it's a bonus, but if not, then you will know and will be able to move on.  You never know...as a Jr. in college, I dated a Freshman for a while, until I learned that he was getting stoned whenever he wasn't with me. ::)

lol, I won't be getting stoned that's for sure. Can't smoke and exspect to run 8 miles a week, just don't work that way. My biggest pet peeve has got to be smoking just for the record.

Maybe he's just messing with you and isn't really going to tell her. You could be freaking out for no reason. Just wait and see what happens, then who knows, if he does tell her, she might say yes!

I'd almost like to believe you, but he's for real, and he's not joking.

"Cause most of us have been there and wish we had someone to give us that kick in the a**.

You know, you couldn't be more right, and If he wasn't doing this to me, then in about 3 weeks after its' too late or even if it's too late now, I'd of wanted him to of done it.  It's amazing how I don't feel like that now, but I know in the future I'd be glad. Weird huh?

Well, if you are, then you're not alone...I'm one too (!) - but you've got time on your side...don't worry...

Glad to know I'm not alone....watching all of those arrogant cocky guys back in high school it sometimes made me wonder.

Thanks for taking the time to listen....I know what I should do...just wanted to hear it from a few more people I guess.

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 8:52 pm

That sounds like a great way to drive yourself mad. If you keep it bottled up, you're gonna leave all your problems to the razor blade in the end. The shadows, as much as I love them, will make you blind in the end. You gotta step into the sun once in a while. If you stay hidden with your loves, {Hell, even your lusts sometimes} you'll become blind to love. You'll grow bitter. I almost did, then I met someone who I cared so much for I had to tell her. It killed me every second until I told her.  Don't let it kill you, tell her.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/03/04 at 10:15 pm

That sounds like a great way to drive yourself mad. If you keep it bottled up, you're gonna leave all your problems to the razor blade in the end. The shadows, as much as I love them, will make you blind in the end. You gotta step into the sun once in a while. If you stay hidden with your loves, {Hell, even your lusts sometimes} you'll become blind to love. You'll grow bitter. I almost did, then I met someone who I cared so much for I had to tell her. It killed me every second until I told her.  Don't let it kill you, tell her.

Taking advice from a fruit.....joke, man..  thanks

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/04 at 4:29 am

Yep! I'm agreeing with Dagwood and Danoota. Change your perspective on this and you will realise that this is the best thing to happen to you. Your friend is forcing you into a position of action - either way, this girl is going to know.

What would I do? Go up to her and, not tell her just yet, but put across your most positive points in preparation. Tell her on your last day (I have no idea how long you have).

If you don't have that kind of time, tell her anyway. It's much better from the person than an e-mail. Think if this situation was reversed on you. Would you rather have someone come up to you and tell them they like you or would you rather hear it in an e-mail? Even if you didn't like them in that way, you would respect them for doing it I'm sure.

Even if the news isn't what you would like to hear, you will feel much better in doing it and you will know where you stand and you will feel less awkward around her knowing the score. People have different tastes and if she doesn't go for you, it doesn't mean you are unnattractive, it just means that she isn't the one for you.

The thing is though, Harmonica, my grandad used to say 'faint injun never won fair maiden'. You don't go out and get it, don't be surprised to find you haven't got it.  ;)

Good luck.  :)

Written By: Harmonica on 10/04/04 at 9:32 am

Bobby, your a good guy, thanks.

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/04 at 4:48 pm

Bobby, your a good guy, thanks.

All the best, Harmonica - now go out there and go for it!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...