inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The sequel to my problem

Written By: Harmonica on 10/04/04 at 6:39 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE - Ok people if you read Out of all people my best friend is Black Mailing me(My 2nd Problem to you guys) this message is a sequel to it, so if you didnt' read that message that I wrote, I'd read it first or this message will make zero sense.

Here's the deal - My friend and I met online today and he told me I was off the hook, he wasn't going to email her. I felt so releaved felt like I had hundred pounds taken off of my back. Then he reminded me of how I always tried and never let anything get away from me and how much I hated it when people didn't at least try. I got in a fight with him and told him I didn't give a rat's ass. He told me he lost respect for me and quit talking to me. I didn't care much at the time, I thought to myself, if he can't respect my decision to keep my feelings to myself then screw him.

So I went the rest my day going to class, going to the library, and hanging out with my friends. Then at supper I was putting away my tray and she was right in front of me. I turned to walk the other direction and leave and I had visions of my past, and of my friend, had visions of past regrets and past times when I failed by I tried anyway. Something in side of my turned my feet around, took a deep breath, walked up beside her grabbed her by the back of the arm, and asked if she wanted to go to a movie with me.

She said,"maybe" which if your a guy you sorta got a take as a "I don't want to hurt your feelings so no" but I don't know that yet, I'm sticking with the Leaning towards yes maybe, until I find out otherwise.

This was weird, I think it was God's force, or demons of my past, either way, I TRIED  :)

Subject: Re: The sequel to my problem

Written By: Harmonica on 10/04/04 at 11:42 pm

I analyzed what I did, and I don't believe it.

No one else is shocked?

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/05/04 at 12:22 am

way to go,Harmonica!congrats on the courage..worst thing that happens is that you don't go out..good thing already is that you conquered your fear...and the best could be yet to come... :)

Written By: karen on 10/05/04 at 3:44 am

That's a good start Harmonica.  Now you need to choose a movie (or just a day) and ask her definitely.

Good luck with the next bit.

Written By: Bobby on 10/05/04 at 5:04 am

WA-HAY! Well done, Harmonica.

Remember, if you didn't do what you just did, you wouldn't have even got a maybe! It's the first step, my man. You may just have to show a little persistance (not too much to frighten her) and yes I agree with the person that suggested you find a film to see pronto.

Well done!  :D

Written By: Harmonica on 10/05/04 at 8:17 am

Thank you people  :) ;D

The way I see it I done did my part, the rest is in God's hand, and in her decision.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/04 at 10:25 am

WTG Harmonica. I know that it took a lot of courage to go up to her. No matter if she does go out with you or not, you can feel good about yourself for overcoming your fears. My defination of being brave is even though you are afraid, you do it anyway. So, in my eyes, you are a brave man, Harmonica.

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 10/05/04 at 12:53 pm

WTG Harmonica. I know that it took a lot of courage to go up to her. No matter if she does go out with you or not, you can feel good about yourself for overcoming your fears. My defination of being brave is even though you are afraid, you do it anyway. So, in my eyes, you are a brave man, Harmonica.

Cat

I like what you say, only I say it a little different

Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is doing what's right even in the presence of fear.

Same thing, but said a little different.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/05/04 at 1:20 pm

I don't know for sure....but I think I got the lets be friends thing

She wrote an email to me saying that she wasn't interested in me and her but would go in a group....So I wrote back to her.

"I'll talk to a couple of people, I'm sure I could get a couple of guys from Heemstra to go with us. You invite 3 people, I invite 3 people? I personally wanted to check out "The Forgotten" but am up for pretty much anything. Friday? Saturday? Or some other weekend?"

Play it by ear, is all I can do I guess.

Written By: Bobby on 10/06/04 at 5:33 pm

That sounds fine, Harmonica. You never know, going with friends and herself to a cinema is better than nothing. Besides, friendships can develop. Don't get discouraged and keep pursuing it.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...