inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dental Horror Stories

Written By: Michelle on 10/07/04 at 2:37 pm

Braces for unholy amounts of time, retainers, surgery? Share it all, my pretties!

Subject: Re: Dental Horror Stories

Written By: Niko101 on 10/07/04 at 7:54 pm

Well, mine's not so much horrific as it is gross. When I was 16, my dentist took my wisdom teeth out. They hadn't grown in at all yet...he basically "cut" them out before I had to deal with them. So, there I was in the chair, laughing gas flowing.  :D  Whenever I would get worried, scared, bored, whatever, I would just look at my dentist's beautiful blue eyes. This time, he had a sort of clear plastic full-face mask on. After a little while of looking up at his eyes, I started to wonder why he was wearing the mask. Then it happened...SQUIRT!  As he cut into my gums with a scalpel, a blast of blood flew from the back of my mouth out and across his mask! Ewwww. Of course, I was so high from the laughing gas that I didn't get embarassed until hours later at home.

As for braces, one of my best friends in school had to wear them from 5th grade until our Senior year. WTF?! And I never even remembered her teeth being crooked before that.  ???

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 8:00 pm

From 1974-1984 I had sucked my thumb till the time I was 10 years old.I wound up with buck teeth almost looking like a bunny rabbit's front teeth. In 1985,I wound up with braces and had to wear them for 3 years.I had gotten retainers to wear after.to this day,I lisp somewhat.

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 10/07/04 at 8:20 pm

OHHHH, you don't wanna know!  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 8:22 pm

OHHHH, you don't wanna know!  :o

sure,why not.I'd like to know. ;)

Howard

Written By: Ripp on 10/08/04 at 4:12 pm

My dental horror story?

Molar.

Loose.

Ripped out.

Blood.

Not nice.

Want a picture? ;D

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/08/04 at 5:08 pm

I've been blessed with great teeth. However, I worked as a dental assistant for several years. OMG, the stories I could tell you about the crap we flossed out of people's mouths. ICK.

Remember: FLOSS IS YOUR FRIEND.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 6:03 pm

I've had 8 cavities before but with proper brushing,I don't have them anymore.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 6:04 pm

I've been blessed with great teeth. However, I worked as a dental assistant for several years. OMG, the stories I could tell you about the crap we flossed out of people's mouths. ICK.

Remember: FLOSS IS YOUR FRIEND.  ;D

I have a question,How come when I keep flossing I keep getting saliva on it and not the food particle? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Howard

Written By: Fred on 10/09/04 at 2:24 am

From 1974-1984 I had sucked my thumb till the time I was 10 years old.I wound up with buck teeth almost looking like a bunny rabbit's front teeth. In 1985,I wound up with braces and had to wear them for 3 years.I had gotten retainers to wear after.to this day,I lisp somewhat.

Howard

That thucks, just kidding Howard.  :D Yes, I have had pain in one of my left molars for about 2 1/2 years now. I have had it capped and many different things, but I still can't eat on it yet.   >:(

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/09/04 at 5:34 am

The dentist wanted me to have braces for about a year and a half, we'll they were on such a short time i can hardly remember them, you see i never wanted them i was basically forced to. Anyway after about 3 months the wire at the back came loose and like was gouging in to my gum so i took them off... lol.. pliers and a screwdriver and i basically had it all out. The dentist put it back on again, 2 weeks later it was off. They were never put back on, but here's the thing, i have one tooth crooked, thats it, and according to the dentist i see now, there isn't much that could be done about that anyway. 

But yeah, wires coming loose, ooooohh god, imagine a sharp bit of metal loose in your mouth.. cus that's exactly what it is

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 10:35 am

That thucks, just kidding Howard.  :D Yes, I have had pain in one of my left molars for about 2 1/2 years now. I have had it capped and many different things, but I still can't eat on it yet.   >:(

4 years ago Fred,I had wound up with 8 cavities and the drilling wasn't pretty.  :P The dentist had to put some tin foil covering to protect the teeth.I hope I never wind up with cavities again. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 10:37 am

In order for me to had gotten braces,they had knock me out with novocaine to pull teeth and I was drowsy for a while.My parents had to pick me up and drag me to the car to go home so I could get some sleep.

Howard

Written By: Michelle on 10/11/04 at 9:03 pm

well, time to reply to my own post...
my worst one happened at surgery 6 days ago. At first they had trouble finding a vein for the anesthesia needle, so they had to keep moving it around to find the right place, and then during the procedure the anethesia wore off prematurely and I woke up  :o  that was unnerving.

Check for new replies or respond here...