inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thanksgiving

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/04 at 6:33 pm

Thanks to Vile, I just discovered that today is Canada's Thanksgiving. So I want to wish all our Canadian friends a very happy and healthy Thanksgving. And if it is anything like our Thanksgiving, happy hangover, too.  ;)

Cat

Subject: Re: Thanksgiving

Written By: Dagwood on 10/10/04 at 6:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/10/04 at 7:53 pm

thanks Cat and Dagwood  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 8:00 pm

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next month.Where did all the time go? :o

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/10/04 at 10:36 pm

Thanks to Vile, I just discovered that today is Canada's Thanksgiving. So I want to wish all our Canadian friends a very happy and healthy Thanksgving. And if it is anything like our Thanksgiving, happy hangover, too.  ;)

Cat

Actually, I just discovered that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, not today. :D I just assumed today was Thanksgiving because today is Sunday and we were going to my mum's for dinner. :)

But thanks, Cat and Dagwood! :) And Happy Thanksgiving, ktelqueen!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/10/04 at 10:42 pm

Actually, I just discovered that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, not today. :D
Absolutely Vile

;D are you sure it's not because you're suffering from the hangover Cat was referring to?just kidding..enjoy the holiday  ;)

Written By: dude on 10/11/04 at 4:41 am

Happy Turkey Day to all the Canucks! (Or is turkey a tradition "up there" like it is in the States?)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/04 at 6:13 am

When we celebrate thanksgiving because of the pilgrims and all that, and have Turkey with
stuffing and potatos and pies etc.  Why did Canada have a Thanksgiving and what do you
traditionally eat?

Written By: mandamoo on 10/11/04 at 6:51 am

Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians ! :)

Written By: Paul on 10/11/04 at 7:03 am

Happy Thanksgiving day to you all...

(...rather embarrassingly, I wasn't aware Canada had a TG Day...!!)

Written By: Hairspray on 10/11/04 at 9:57 am

Happy Thanksgiving Canada and Residents!!

Written By: Howard on 10/11/04 at 8:35 pm

Thanksgiving is just a month away.Can't wait for that Turkey and stuffing with gravy.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 8:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving :)  BTW...I do NOT celebrate it here in the US....I firmly blieve that the American Indians were screwed over by the US Government (Even though I am Italian) and so I usually have anything but Turkey!

Written By: Michelle on 10/11/04 at 9:38 pm

Here in Canada Thanksgiving is basically the same, with the turkey and drunkenness and etc... but does anyone know why it's so much earlier?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 9:40 pm

Here in Canada Thanksgiving is basically the same, with the turkey and drunkenness and etc... but does anyone know why it's so much earlier?
Not a CLUE ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/04 at 8:59 am

I think part of the reason is because here in the U.S. (which is ruled by capitialists), they try to get a jump on the Christmas shopping season. So, Thanksgiving is at the end of Nov. and the day after is known as "Black Friday" when it becomes "open season" for Christmas shopping. (FYI-it is called "Black Friday" not because of the black mood that people are in trying to find parking spots, trying to elbow through the crowds etc. But because that is the day when stores hope that they will be "in the black" for the year.)

Cat

Written By: conker on 10/12/04 at 9:29 am

I think it's because by the end of November no self respecting turkey would be able to survive the cold up here.  All of the places I've lived in Canada are usually knee deep in snow by then.
I also seems to make sense that having a harvest festival should take place sometime close to the harvest.

Anyway the turkey was good on both Sunday and Monday.

Written By: nally on 11/18/04 at 4:13 pm

Thanksgiving is just a month away.Can't wait for that Turkey and stuffing with gravy.

Howard

Now it's only a week away (in the United States, that is). I always eat a lot every year. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 7:18 pm

Now it's only a week away (in the United States, that is). I always eat a lot every year. :)

We're going to a restaurant to eat.better than nothing at all. ;D

Howard

Written By: nally on 11/18/04 at 7:22 pm

We're going to a restaurant to eat.better than nothing at all. ;D

Howard

I never go out; I always have it at my house. (Well, up until I was 10, we went to my grandparents' house, but never to a resturant.)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 7:24 pm

I never go out; I always have it at my house. (Well, up until I was 10, we went to my grandparents' house, but never to a resturant.)

We use to have Thanksgiving at my house but there were arguements between families and that's why it won't be at home this time. :(

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/04 at 7:35 pm

My mother is coming here and she is making things complacted.  ::)

Cat

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/19/04 at 1:30 am

^ do you use sweetened condensed milk in your recipe?i was never a pumpkin pie fan until i tasted it that way...it's really good  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/19/04 at 7:03 pm

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is towards the end when it's time for dessert and I have the pie and coffee. :P

Howard

Written By: Marian on 11/19/04 at 9:10 pm

Happy Turkey Day to all the Canucks! (Or is turkey a tradition "up there" like it is in the States?)
:Dactually a Canuck is a French canadian,like from Quebec.That's where some of my ancestors came from.My great grandfather claimed he was 100% French canadian,but my cousin found out he was half Irish!But he was able to "pass',I guess,because he was short and dark-haired--pretty much Latin-looking.A lot of our family look Italian.Cheers!

Written By: Marian on 11/19/04 at 9:13 pm

Actually, the recipe I have calls for 1/2 pumpkin and 1/2 sweet potato, but uses evaporated milk.  First, you bake the sweet potato, then throw it in the blender (still hot) with some spices, sugar, vanilla extract & butter...I'm  not a big pumpkin pie fan, but I absolutely LOVE this one ;)
:DWe usually use real pumpkin from fresh pumpking;not the canned which is winter squash.Lighter texture--pretty good.Cheers!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/19/04 at 9:16 pm

The last Thanksgiving I had at home was in 2000....the next year when Blaine died, we were invited to a friends home...since then it's just another day to me :-\\

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/19/04 at 10:21 pm

:Dactually a Canuck is a French canadian,like from Quebec.That's where some of my ancestors came from.My great grandfather claimed he was 100% French canadian,but my cousin found out he was half Irish!But he was able to "pass',I guess,because he was short and dark-haired--pretty much Latin-looking.A lot of our family look Italian.Cheers!

Actually, no..."Canuck" is a slang word used for all Canadians, or, a Vancouver hockey team. I hate the word, myself...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: nally on 11/24/04 at 3:27 pm

Tomorrow's the big day already! :o :) This will be the 14th year that we've had Thanksgiving at home. I keep telling my parents that I'd like to learn how to cook a turkey so that I can host Thanksgiving dinner when I get my own place (whenever that is).

Written By: danootaandme on 11/24/04 at 4:03 pm

The last Thanksgiving I had at home was in 2000....the next year when Blaine died, we were invited to a friends home...since then it's just another day to me :-\\

I know it's hard, but you should try and rethink that.  You have other children to be thankful for and
they are missing out on their Dad at Thanksgiving, not a good memory for all concerned. :(

Written By: Marian on 11/24/04 at 4:11 pm

:DThis thansgiving is the 43rd anniversary of the Everly brothers joining the marine reserve.Just thought you'd like to know,Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/04 at 7:54 pm

I'm having Thanksgiving at a restaurant. :P

Howard

Written By: Marian on 11/24/04 at 9:44 pm

Actually, no..."Canuck" is a slang word used for all Canadians, or, a Vancouver hockey team. I hate the word, myself...

Absolutely Vile
:oI looked it up myself,it can be either.Cheers!

Written By: gord on 11/24/04 at 10:04 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
Best Wishes to all of our American friends :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/24/04 at 10:33 pm

I know it's hard, but you should try and rethink that.  You have other children to be thankful for and
they are missing out on their Dad at Thanksgiving, not a good memory for all concerned. :(
Thanks DanootaAnd Me, but they are with thier mom this year. I wanted her to be happy since I see them more often....she lives in Utah with my oldest (Richard) and Paul (18)...I have Brian and Randall here in Colorado...so they are all spending it together with her :)
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving though...and to all of you here :)

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/24/04 at 11:59 pm

Well... I've only been here a few days (I've the feeling this place can get a bit addictive though  ;) ) so I don't know most of ya yet... but wanted to wish everyone stateside a Happy Thanksgiving!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/25/04 at 12:03 am

Well... I've only been here a few days (I've the feeling this place can get a bit addictive though  ;) ) so I don't know most of ya yet... but wanted to wish everyone stateside a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks, HeartsAfire...nice to have you here :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/04 at 8:08 am

Thanks DanootaAnd Me, but they are with thier mom this year. I wanted her to be happy since I see them more often....she lives in Utah with my oldest (Richard) and Paul (18)...I have Brian and Randall here in Colorado...so they are all spending it together with her :)
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving though...and to all of you here :)

I've set aside a piece of apple pie at the table for you(if you don't like that we have mince and pumpkin too).
I am sure our fellow boarders will do the same and be thinking of you today.  Happy thanks to all out there,
we have things to be sad for, but today is for our blessings.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/25/04 at 11:40 am

I've set aside a piece of apple pie at the table for you(if you don't like that we have mince and pumpkin too).
I am sure our fellow boarders will do the same and be thinking of you today.  Happy thanks to all out there,
we have things to be sad for, but today is for our blessings.

Thanks DanootaAndMe....the year of Blaine's death me and my family went to a friends house....she had a place set for Blaine. I'm going to be alright today...I'm even going to ride the bike to the cemetary to work off some of the feast :)

Written By: Bobby on 11/25/04 at 7:28 pm

Happy thanksgiving everyone!  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/25/04 at 8:31 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 8:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all my good buddies. :)

Howard

Written By: nally on 11/25/04 at 9:14 pm

We just finished eating a little more than an hour ago. This year we just had my grandma on my mom's side over. Sometimes my other grandparents will come over, and my two uncles, but not this year. I don't have a very big family, and the most we've ever had was 12. Anyway, we just finished eating, like I said. And we're waiting for our food to digest so we can have pumpkin pie later on.

Written By: Bobby on 11/26/04 at 6:24 am

O.k folks, just to put a spin on the thread.

Name one thing that we all thankful for:

Me: My girlfriend.  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/26/04 at 8:23 am

O.k folks, just to put a spin on the thread.

Me: My girlfriend.  :)

I'm not sure how it sounds, if I were to say I am thankful for your girlfriend, Bobby  :o

Good thing I live half a world away huh ?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 8:33 pm

starting a new relationship with Robin after 3 years ago being brokeup with my old one.

parents

good friends who care about me. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/04 at 8:39 pm

My wonderful husband.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 6:37 pm

I'm thankful of spending every Sunday with Robin. :)

thankful of having such good friends. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 11/28/04 at 11:17 am

I'm not sure how it sounds, if I were to say I am thankful for your girlfriend, Bobby  :o

Good thing I live half a world away huh ?  ;)

Heh heh. You can be thankful for your own girlfriend Fuss - or anything in general.  :)

Written By: nally on 11/28/04 at 12:26 pm

My family, my little dog... among other things.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/28/04 at 3:11 pm

my family,amazing friends and my health

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/04 at 4:15 pm

A family that gets along
a boyfriend who cares
A healthy son
A little house that doesn't cost alot to heat
Very nice neighbors who make tea and cakes

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/28/04 at 7:41 pm

My close knit family

My boyfriend

My friends

My job

My health

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/28/04 at 7:54 pm

I'm thankful for a wonderful husband and great kids.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/04 at 10:34 pm

excellent health.

good friends

Robin

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/04 at 1:03 pm

Family in good health

Good Friends

New job

Decades Messageboards!

Written By: Bobby on 11/29/04 at 6:39 pm

Decades Messageboards!

Of course.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 9:33 pm

good friends here for the past 3 years

Family

Robin

Howard

Written By: nally on 11/16/05 at 12:00 am

Since the big holiday in the U.S. is almost here, maybe i should give this thread a boost...

What are your Thanksgiving plans for this year?

I've had Thanksgiving at home for the past 14 years, but this year we are going to my great-aunt's house (my grandma's youngest sister), since we won't all be together for Christmas like we normally have been.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/16/05 at 12:04 am

I wish we had Thanksgiving. Sounds fun (anything with a large cooked mel sounds fun  ::))

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/05 at 12:05 am

My mom always host Thanksgiving and we have been doing the Christmas dinner. We usually go over my parent's house early (to watch the parades and help my mom with the cooking).

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/16/05 at 12:09 am

I'll be going out to North West Missouri..

Lovely as some of them are.. I always fear these visits because out of the 30 or so family members that will be there.. at least half are Psycho evangelicals.
It is a bizare split. Half of them are just the nicest people you could meet.. the other half.. scare the crap out of me.  ;D

My mum always used to do thanksgiving (because i demanded it) thus i was the only person in my schools (in england) to have the day off  ;D
I miss her getting me up early in the morning and yelling "YOU WANT THE MEAL, YOU HELP COOK IT!" haha, yeah, not bitter at all  ;D

Written By: IanWinn on 11/16/05 at 12:23 am

My wife and I are going to her mother's house.  We'll be there a few days.  I'll be making my dressing (sourdough bread crumbs, diced Granny Smith apple, raisins, golden raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, celery, yellow onion, sausage, chicken broth and/or boiled giblet water, heart and gizzard if I can get them), and maybe some cookies if I can get them made this weekend.

Mama will be serving turkey and ham, along with salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, her dressing, and a couple of pies (one will be pumpkin, the other...?).  Her other daughters and their boyfriends and family will be there, maybe bringing some stuff themselves.  It's a big spread for a big group.

And, of course, us guys will be watching the James Bond marathon on Spike TV!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/05 at 7:48 am

Go home to Mums.  My sisters will cook, my brother and I will eat.  Just the family, but this year my sister
who just moved back from San Francisco after 25 years will be here.  She always came back for
Christmas, but this year will be the first time she's made Thanksgiving  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/05 at 11:36 am

It is just going to be Carlos and I this year. We will probably have a "small" Thanksgiving dinner-a chicken instead of a turkey. Hopefully we will have a turkey for Christmas.

Cat

Written By: IanWinn on 11/16/05 at 11:51 am

A chicken?  Aw, come on, Catwoman!  You could get a turkey breast and a pair of turkey thighs, dusted with garlic powder and black pepper, surrounded by dressing in a pan, roasted in the oven.

If you go with the chicken, at least fill it with stuffing.  It just ain't Thanksgiving without it!

Enjoy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/05 at 12:20 pm

A chicken?  Aw, come on, Catwoman!  You could get a turkey breast and a pair of turkey thighs, dusted with garlic powder and black pepper, surrounded by dressing in a pan, roasted in the oven.

If you go with the chicken, at least fill it with stuffing.  It just ain't Thanksgiving without it!

Enjoy!

We were thinking of a turkey breast but we have a full chicken that has been sitting in the freezer for quite a while now.

Cat

Written By: IanWinn on 11/16/05 at 12:29 pm

Aaah!  OK, then!

Again, enjoy!

Written By: Howard on 11/16/05 at 4:21 pm

Most likely My family will be going to Charlie Brown's Steakhouse for Thanksgiving and having our dinner there.

Written By: nally on 11/17/05 at 1:52 pm

We were thinking of a turkey breast but we have a full chicken that has been sitting in the freezer for quite a while now.

Cat

In that case, it'd probably be good to have that. ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/17/05 at 1:55 pm

I am thankful for good friends,family a fantastic support system and a gorgeous girlfriend.  :)

Written By: alyceclover on 11/20/05 at 8:30 am

happy thanksgiving, y'all

8)

think you will enjoy this ecard

www.msn.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i= 382219626&m= 1652&rr= y&sou 

Written By: IanWinn on 11/21/05 at 12:13 am

Well, that e-card was a real TURKEY!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/21/05 at 3:02 am

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow message board participants.  I'm thankful this board is here for me to peruse in the middle of the night.  8)

Written By: Apricot on 11/21/05 at 4:02 pm

Only one a half school days left until the holiday!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/21/05 at 4:07 pm

Only one a half school days left until the holiday!

Only Four hours and 10 minutes of class left ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 4:29 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night. ;D

Written By: jackas on 11/21/05 at 4:51 pm

Is this for us in the US or for the Canadians?

Thanksgiving in Canada was back in October. :)

Written By: nally on 11/22/05 at 1:15 pm

Is this for us in the US or for the Canadians?

Thanksgiving in Canada was back in October. :)

That's right, they observe it on our Columbus Day (the second Monday in October).

Written By: Howard on 11/22/05 at 4:48 pm

Breasts Or Thighs anyone?  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/23/05 at 11:43 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=happy+thanksgiving/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=135n4eml2/EXP=1132897360/*-http%3A//www.funnies.com/thanksgiving/thanksgiving_happy_turkey_day_text_hg_wht.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/24/05 at 10:00 am

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/t/turkyday.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/05 at 11:21 am

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/24/05 at 11:30 am

I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving today has a lovely day and doesn't get indigestion from overeating.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/05 at 11:54 am

I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving today has a lovely day and doesn't get indigestion from overeating.

That is part of the "Thanksgiving tradition".  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/05 at 12:02 pm

I like watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving :)

Written By: gord on 11/24/05 at 12:51 pm

happy thanksgiving everyone :)

Written By: nally on 11/26/05 at 12:04 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=happy+thanksgiving/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=135n4eml2/EXP=1132897360/*-http%3A//www.funnies.com/thanksgiving/thanksgiving_happy_turkey_day_text_hg_wht.gif

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/t/turkyday.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Hehe... cool graphics, Erin and Howard. ;D

By the way, I did not get indigestion yesterday, but I did get full.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/05 at 7:40 am

My Family went to a restaurant and we all had A Turkey Dinner.For dessert,Pumpkin Cheesecake. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/05 at 10:50 pm

Our Thanksgiving went really well....the food was good and the company wasn't so bad either!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/06 at 11:57 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiQpOGVFQX8AgHijzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12u6n88c9/EXP=1164347817/**http%3a//www.creativetony.com/illustration/illofriday/happy_thanksgiving.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 12:07 am

Nice bump there Erin  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif 
Happy Thanksgiving

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/23/06 at 12:08 am

Nice bump there Erin  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif   
Happy Thanksgiving

a cha cha cha! ;)

right back at ya! :) :D

Written By: Brian06 on 11/23/06 at 12:16 am

Happy Thanksgiving! Big party at our house tomorrow, gonna be crazy lol!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 12:24 am

a cha cha cha! ;)

right back at ya! :) :D
thanks. did you get the message advising this thread hadn't been used in over 120 days and were you sure you wanna reply or would you rather start a new one?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/23/06 at 12:27 am

thanks. did you get the message advising this thread hadn't been used in over 120 days and were you sure you wanna reply or would you rather start a new one?

heck ya I did...and I trampled right over it. :) :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 12:34 am

heck ya I did...and I trampled right over it. :) :D
;D good for you. you showed em!  plus it's a special holiday, but not to put a damper on the holiday, but we all know not everyone is rejoicing and celebrating  :( 

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5qe1QGVFv_YA44GjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12c8o74rv/EXP=1164350005/**http%3a//www.pritchettcartoons.com/illustration/turkey.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/23/06 at 1:33 am

Me, my dad, my uncle and my grandmother are going to have dinner tommorrow.

Written By: Gis on 11/23/06 at 2:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  :)

Written By: karen on 11/23/06 at 3:26 am

I hope those who are celebrating today have a great time.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 3:28 am

I hope those who are celebrating today have a great time.
I would echo this  :)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/23/06 at 6:04 am

Wishing Everyone a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/23/06 at 7:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving!  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 10:39 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/958/mainvw8.gif

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 10:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! :)  I'm going to my cousin's house around 1:00pm.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/23/06 at 11:32 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/06 at 11:39 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  :)  :)  :)  :) :)  :)

Be safe!!!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 11:56 am

This was the worst Thanksgiving ever.  F*ck my family.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/06 at 11:57 am

This was the worst Thanksgiving ever.  F*ck my family.

I'm guessing something bad happened?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 11:58 am

I'm guessing something bad happened?

My dad and sister got into a huge fight, my mom started crying and I had to eat alone. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/06 at 12:13 pm

My dad and sister got into a huge fight, my mom started crying and I had to eat alone. 

=/ Things like that tend to happen on Thanksgiving. *Nods*

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 12:20 pm

=/ Things like that tend to happen on Thanksgiving. *Nods*

Whatever made people think that Thankgiving and families mix?  My family alway fight at Thanksgiving.  I was planning on going to my cousin's.  I'm at home with a can of raviolis. :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 12:22 pm

Whatever made people think that Thankgiving and families mix?  My family alway fight at Thanksgiving.  I was planning on going to my cousin's.  I'm at home with a can of raviolis. :P

So it looks like the both of us had a great day. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/06 at 12:22 pm

It's still early. It could look up!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 12:23 pm

It's still early. It could look up!

Not hardly.

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 12:26 pm

I alway think next year will be diffrent.  Maybe people would have finally grown up.  They never do.  Christmas is never like this. :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/06 at 12:27 pm

I think when I'm older, I'm not gonna celebrate Thanksgiving. It's just the eating of food I don't care for.

Written By: nally on 11/23/06 at 10:00 pm

Mine was good. :) The food was yummy and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Written By: Tia on 11/23/06 at 10:05 pm

DUDE I ATE LIKE A HOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGG.

i keep getting the hiccups. i'm actually thinking i should probably spend the entire day at the gym tomorrow.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/06 at 10:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/23/06 at 10:18 pm

I'm sorry that your day was bad, Beth. :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 10:26 pm

I'm sorry that your day was bad, Beth. :(

Yeah well, what can you do about it?  The food was good in any event.

Written By: nally on 11/23/06 at 11:30 pm

Mine was good. :) The food was yummy and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

To add: there were eight of us...me, my parents, my three living grandparents, and my two uncles.

Written By: Tia on 11/24/06 at 3:15 pm

last night, two platesful of sweet ham, turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls and my favorte -- homemade mac and cheese.

today, 1 hour on the ski machine, 8 low-weight, high-rep exercises on weight machines , 2 of 3 or 4 sets each for four muscle groups, followed by 45 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the forced march machine for a total of 3 1/2 hours at the gym. atonement! atonement!

now i'm hungry.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/06 at 3:33 pm

happy Thanksgiving

Written By: Tia on 11/24/06 at 3:37 pm

oops, i mean 10 for 5 muscle groups. i think.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/06 at 3:42 pm

I'm sorry about your family

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/06 at 4:04 pm

We had a really nice Thanksgiving-good food and good company-our very own Maxwell Smart. We were up to about 1 a.m. talking about politics, and (of course) the message board (were all of your ears burning?  :D ;D ;D ). Have few pics that I will post eventual.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 11/24/06 at 4:05 pm

no way! i didn't know you and max were in IRLspace.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 4:15 pm

I'm sorry about your family

Eh, sh*t happens.  No use being upset about it now......I just hope they learn to be grown-ups by Christmas.

Written By: Tia on 11/24/06 at 4:16 pm

my folks have a dropdown fight just about everytime i visit. it used to upset me more than it does now, but i still find it pretty grueling.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/06 at 4:32 pm

no way! i didn't know you and max were in IRLspace.

IRLspace?  Please enlighten me.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 4:35 pm

I think IRL means "in real life".

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 4:36 pm

my folks have a dropdown fight just about everytime i visit. it used to upset me more than it does now, but i still find it pretty grueling.

This hadn't happened before.  I just hope it doesn't happen again, or I'm gonna lose it.  There's nothing worse than sitting alone at a table eating Thanksgiving dinner while everyone else is upstairs behind closed doors acting like children.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/24/06 at 5:35 pm

This hadn't happened before.  I just hope it doesn't happen again, or I'm gonna lose it.  There's nothing worse than sitting alone at a table eating Thanksgiving dinner while everyone else is upstairs behind closed doors acting like children.
would you like another diet coke while I'm up?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 5:36 pm

would you like another diet coke while I'm up?

Sure, why not. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/24/06 at 5:37 pm

Sure, why not. 
If you want it, here it is come and get it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 5:38 pm

If you want it, here it is come and get it

But I better hurry 'cause it may not last?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/24/06 at 6:22 pm

Considering that my hubby's family can be as dry as a bad cook's turkey, I can say that yesterday was okay, not enthralling, but okay. The food was substantial, though.  :)

Now when Christmas rolls around and my family comes to town, it's going to be kick-ass!  :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/24/06 at 7:17 pm

Considering that my hubby's family can be as dry as a bad cook's turkey, I can say that yesterday was okay, not enthralling, but okay. The food was substantial, though.  :)

Now when Christmas rolls around and my family comes to town, it's going to be kick-ass!  :D

That sounds familiar, except I'm usually uncomfortable and quiet around my inlaws. But they do serve up a feast when we visit. ;D

My Thanksgiving was great, but I was exhausted afterwards. My turkey wasn't dry, the stuffing came out great, and my lemon meringue pie was fantastic, despite me forgetting to bake the crust before filling it (it was still done though). :-[ Our friends came up from Champaign to hang out, so we weren't alone. :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/24/06 at 7:53 pm

That sounds familiar, except I'm usually uncomfortable and quiet around my inlaws. But they do serve up a feast when we visit. ;D

My Thanksgiving was great, but I was exhausted afterwards. My turkey wasn't dry, the stuffing came out great, and my lemon meringue pie was fantastic, despite me forgetting to bake the crust before filling it (it was still done though). :-[ Our friends came up from Champaign to hang out, so we weren't alone. :)

Sounds cool!! Yummy lemon meringue pie!!!

Yeah, you sound like me around my in-laws. It's as if I always have to put up airs or something. My family is as chill as can be, though, and I miss that down-home mode they manage to put me in.

Check for new replies or respond here...