inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Queen but no De Niro

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/11/04 at 12:53 am

Well Mr De Niro was a no show on Saturday night for the Sydney opening of We Will Rock You.  So that solved my problem of mixing him up with Al Pacino !

Instead I had some Australian Idols, a Bardot and Nicki Webster sitting behind me - if anyone has seen the show you will realise these three "phenomenons" are parodied and lamb blasted in the show - so it was proceless having them behind me.

Ben Elton, and Queen Boys walked in to a standing ovation.

Show was awesome as usual - show number 9 in my 3rd city.

After party was HUGE.  Brian and Roger played and sung with the WWRY band and I was leaning on the stage just 2 feet from Brian.

Later I picked up the courage (or was in champagne) to go introduce myself to Brian - ended up chatting for some time about photography.

Gecko - dammit no Shannon - but I did turn around and fall over Guy - cos he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO short !  Then I snubbed him !

I wont post an entire review and list all the celebs I met cos most will mean nothing to the readers - PM me if you want more details.

I will say - at 4.30am there were only 5 people left drinking and still standing - Ben and Brian were two - and I was one !

Ok I have to run and get a flight home now - piccies will be ready for viewing in a few days - again PM me if you want to see.

ciao

Subject: Re: Queen but no De Niro

Written By: mandamoo on 10/11/04 at 7:29 am

Well it certainly sounds like you had a good time, BMG  ;)

Written By: Hairspray on 10/11/04 at 10:01 am

Wow, that's great! Glad you had a good time.  :)  Yeah, let us know when the pics are available. I'll definitely want to see a couple (don't want to put you through too much hassle).  8)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/13/04 at 2:09 am

Ugh - I flew home from Sydney with the flu.  Not impressed as I have to do a photography shoot on the set of John Waters (Aussie not American) new movie tomorrow.  My nose is SOOOOOOOO red.

Anyway - I have resized a couple of the queen piccies to put here.  Plus some Idols for Gecko !!  And good ole Reg Mombassa from Mental As Anything.

Will send ones with me in them via PM ok !!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/13/04 at 2:13 am

Roger and Brian

Written By: Gecko on 10/13/04 at 4:54 am

Gecko - dammit no Shannon - but I did turn around and fall over Guy - cos he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO short !  Then I snubbed him !

No Shannon! :o  That's a shame - though I am starting to enjoy Guy's music now (just not as much as Shannon's :))

Your photos are pretty cool - I like the one of Courtney (he's my favourite this year).  Hope you enjoyed yourself.  Did you get to go and see Idol?

You will probably respond to this comment - I had a chance to see We Will Rock You when it was playing in Brisbane - and I said NO! :-[  Still kicking myself over that.

PM me with any other photos you have.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/13/04 at 10:25 am

Your photos are pretty cool - I like the one of Courtney (he's my favourite this year).  Hope you enjoyed yourself.  Did you get to go and see Idol?

You will probably respond to this comment - I had a chance to see We Will Rock You when it was playing in Brisbane - and I said NO! :-[  Still kicking myself over that.

PM me with any other photos you have.

YOU SAID NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good grief girl !  Not to worry - it will be at the Lyric in Sydney till May so GET DOWN THERE.  believe me - no one walks away from this show disapointed.

Didnt get to go to Idol :(  Stupid channel ten sent me tiks for the 17th accidently and refused to swap them.
I met Sam (the hunky babe who cooks for the Idols and looks after their home) at the party and his partner - both gorgeous lads.  He tried to get me some tiks and I do appreciate that he tried - but wasnt successful.  But it was so nice meeting him - and Courtney is his fave too !!!!

Am building a page for Brian Mays site that will have all my pics on it so as soon as I am done I will PM you the address.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/14/04 at 9:49 am

Gecko did ya see me !!!!!!!!!!!! I was on Idol tonight ! bwhahahahahaha.

They were showing Courtney getting interviewed at the WWRY opening night and there was me standing in the background getting a photo taken with Wil Traval from Al Saints.

Then they showed Courtney chatting to Ben and Ben getting Brian May to intro to the idols and there I was walking past !

THEN - they showed the red carpet arrivals (or maybe this was the first clip) and you could see my arm and my trusty canon A30 getting in the way of the camera hehehehehehehe  and then a side profile of me (ick) as the camera turned and followed the idols up the carpet !

So glad I was having a good hair day !

I wish I had taped it now.

Shame it didnt show me tripping Guy Sebastian over !!

Written By: Gecko on 10/16/04 at 5:22 am

Gecko did ya see me !!!!!!!!!!!! I was on Idol tonight ! bwhahahahahaha.

Watched Inside Idol, remember the bits you're talking about - didn't notice you. :o  So, you're a TV star now??  I have to say, you do get around BMG.  Good for you.  As Marcia would say - "You go Girlfriend!"

Written By: blackdog on 10/18/04 at 4:25 am

Sounds and looks like it was a great time!  wow, I don't know who any of those people are except for Queen. But then again I'm in the states which explains it.   :-\\

Too bad Robert DeNiro was a no-show... but it looked like fun!

Check for new replies or respond here...