inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things you don't worry about

Written By: moparnut on 10/11/04 at 11:28 pm

What kinds of situations or things don't you worry about? Conversely what do you worry about? Then after you figure that all out, do you really care? Then just for giggles ponder this, do you think that I really care? ;D

Subject: Re: Things you don't worry about

Written By: Bobo on 10/11/04 at 11:43 pm

;D

First of all, welcome to the boards moparnut. Great topic to get us thinking. After all, a lot of the time, we seem to be complacent (not complaisant, as I have just found out..!) to think about stuff that we think is going to matter, but in the end, whether it matters or not is something totally different.

Me, I guess everything that I worry about serves an intrinsic purpose, but for some others, that purpose is hard to see, and it is only ever visible to me. Sure, I worry about money, about college funds, about the fact that every single day I come home from college having earned no money instead of having earned a sum by doing weekly work, and that's one of the bummers about going to a college which employs my attention from 6:45 in the morning to 6:00 at night. In the past, I've done some spur-of-the-moment work which meant that I had to stay alert and awake for a 36 hour period, and sometimes I wonder whether that is going to creep up on me one more time..

Otherwise, being the scatty person that I am, I also tend to worry about the fact that I leave things in places where they shouldn't be, and they go missing. Speaking of which, has anyone seen a brain lying around anywhere? It would appear to the human eye to be small, relatively unused, and have my name on it..?

Written By: jaytee on 10/12/04 at 9:15 am

I rarely worry about money.

I do worry about my family :(

Written By: Kenlos on 10/12/04 at 9:29 am

To be honest I don't really worry about much of anything.  So other than maybe family and friends I would have to say basically nothing.  No point in getting yourself stressed out over things.

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/12/04 at 9:33 am

2 days I never worry about.  Yesterday and tomorrow.

I believe worrying reduces your life-span.

Written By: gemini61 on 10/12/04 at 10:33 am

I often worry about my dad, who hasn't been in very good health lately. I worry about my kids when they're late getting in from somewhere. But, I don't worry that they are out doing something stupid, because they are awesome kids and I trust them completely. (ok, you can stop laughing now, it's true!! :o) 

Written By: Howard on 10/12/04 at 7:14 pm

I worry about money,food,friends and family
I don't worry death,taxes and stupid people. ;D

Howard

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/13/04 at 7:54 am

I don't worry about dying, as no amount of worry will change that.  :)

One day I will be no more and then you will see no further posts  ;D

Besides, the thought of being omnipotent is even more depressing  :(

Written By: zcrito on 10/13/04 at 10:05 am

One day I will be no more and then you will see no further posts  ;D

Fuss is dead! How do you know...?? :-\\

I hope that's not the reason why two or three haven't posted in a long time. :o

:)

Written By: Howard on 10/13/04 at 7:51 pm

I don't even worry about death. ;D

Howard

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/15/04 at 8:22 am

Fuss is dead! How do you know...?? :-\\

I said "one day".  As far as I am aware, they haven't set the date yet  ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/15/04 at 10:06 am

i worry about money, mostly. i worry about my job and the need to find a better one. i worry about my son and the future that i cannot provide. i worry about my ongoing troubles with my gf.

i don't worry about world peace or whether such and such president will do this or that. politics means nothing to me. i don't worry about death. i don't worry about religion, i'm comfortable in my faith.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/04 at 7:51 pm

I don't worry about stuff happening around the world,money,marriage and committment

Howard

Written By: alwayssearching on 10/16/04 at 1:25 am

Great topic!

I don't worry about having friends and decent people in my life.  I do worry about turning 40(soon) and .....gravity.(the girls get it).  I don't worry about being bored.  I worry about my house NEVER selling!! I don't worry about moving back to "the snow" after an 11 year absence. 

I don't worry about being stuck in the 70's...i like it here. 

Laurel

Written By: Fred on 10/16/04 at 1:37 am

I don't even worry about death. ;D

Howard

I wish I didn't, but I think to myself if I die now I would have had such a pathetic life.  :(

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/16/04 at 1:45 am

hey Fred..give yourself a break..focus on the cool things in your life and how much you have to look forward to as you get older  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/16/04 at 7:50 pm

old age
receding hair
diabetes
overweight

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/16/04 at 7:54 pm

I rarely worry about deadlines or money.

Written By: Fred on 10/17/04 at 3:22 am

hey Fred..give yourself a break..focus on the cool things in your life and how much you have to look forward to as you get older  ;)

Hey thanks ktelqueen.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 10:24 am

Death....I don't fear it anymore. I know Blaine will be there waiting for me and so I'm not afraid of it.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/17/04 at 12:05 pm

Maybe death...since I really can't do much about it. Though I want to make sure my husband and our son will be okay without me.

Otherwise, I worry about so many things. It's part of my nature.

Tanya

Written By: DJ Midas on 10/17/04 at 5:39 pm

I worry about too many things at times, but I try not to worry about the things I can't control.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/04 at 9:03 pm

my enemies
overweight
old age
events happening in other countries

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...