inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How did you discover this site?

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/12/04 at 1:01 am

I was on the foods of the 70s page of the inthe70s site looking for a reference to "squareboys" (nobody i know seems to remember these by the way)and saw the link for these boards...how about you?  :)

Subject: Re: How did you discover this site?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/12/04 at 1:51 am

I found this site when it was inthe80s only (no inthe70s, inthe90s or inthe00s).  I was searching for lyrics quizzes to do and it took me to this site.  I don't remember exactly how I found the messageboard...I guess I must have had a music question and I posted it and found that the people here were so friendly.  It has now been 5 years and all I can say is that this place gets better and better!  :)

Written By: Alice on 10/12/04 at 5:21 am

Search engine.

I was searching for some cool '80s sites and it led me to this one.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/12/04 at 6:49 am

i was looking for some 80s trivia sites on google and it lead me here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/04 at 8:50 am

I was looking for a title/artist of a song-plugged into Google and it took me here. I asked my question (got a response extremely quickly) and stayed. That was almost 2 years ago. Now, you can't keep me away from this site. lol

Cat

Written By: jaytee on 10/12/04 at 9:17 am

I was looking for song lyrics.

Written By: conker on 10/12/04 at 9:25 am

My story is much the same as Cat's.  I was looking for info about 'Tears on your Anorak'  an 80's song and found this place.

Written By: Kenlos on 10/12/04 at 9:27 am

Mine is the same as just about everyone else's.  I was looking up something, don't remember what though, and I ended up finding this place. 

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/12/04 at 9:29 am

I wanted to know who sang a song I had in my head and it took me to the best song's of the 90's page.  So I filled in my ten and then registered. 

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/12/04 at 9:48 am

My story is much the same as Cat's.  I was looking for info about 'Tears on your Anorak'  an 80's song and found this place.

I seem to remember that!! I may have already been here when you joined. :)

How did I discover this site? I didn't. Rush found it. I don't remember how he discovered it, but it was late one night after we'd got home from somewhere. I posted as a guest for a while then registered. Rush would show up a little while later making intermittent appearances as "Numnum" before switching to "Rush" and posting a bit more regularly. I'm on more often than he is because I have too much time on my hands. :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/12/04 at 10:14 am

it's been fun reading these posts so far..thx..
conker,tears on your anaorak-wow,haven't thought about that one in years..
CeramicsFanatic-5 years-who knew?i knew the boards had been around in some shape or form since a few years ago but i didn't realize that long-very cool. 8)
ps do any of you remember squareboys?individually wrapped,graham wafer base,marshmallow with bumps aong the top coated with chocolate flecked with nuts or cocoanut?they usually came in a blue box of about 6 circa 1975  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 10/12/04 at 10:28 am

I was looking for some '70s trivia and ended up here! Glad I did  :)

Written By: nally on 10/12/04 at 10:56 am

I discovered it through Amiright.com, which I have been a regular visitor to since April 25, 2000. I found out about the messageboard in late 2001; I didn't do any posting at all for a year, since I didn't have a cool "username" or anything. My username was born in January of 2003; a month later I began posting as a guest. It wasn't until February of '04 when I finally registered for an account.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/12/04 at 1:22 pm

Divine intervention! Ha! Truthfully, it was by accident. I was on yahoo looking up some 80s sites and I found it!

Tanya

Written By: Mona on 10/12/04 at 5:36 pm

Found it while looking for some info about Van Halen.

Written By: Fred on 10/12/04 at 6:32 pm

Google, searching for the lyrics to The Band's "The Weight". A couple of members were discussing this, and I posted as a guest once. The rest is history.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/12/04 at 6:34 pm

Searching for misheard lyrics.  I found In The 80's.  The old old board, before Chucky switched to YABB. 

Written By: Howard on 10/12/04 at 7:01 pm

I wanted another new messageboard to post in and here I was.I have been here next month for about 3 years now. :)

Howard

Written By: Marian on 10/12/04 at 7:46 pm

;DI was looking u p lyrics to Everly  Brothers songs.Cheers!

Written By: Stompgal on 10/13/04 at 6:28 am

I clicked on the link to this board from the Am I Right website.

Written By: mandamoo on 10/13/04 at 7:05 am

I got here via amiright after checking out some misheard lyrics by James Reyne  :D

Written By: Paul on 10/13/04 at 7:20 am

For the life of me, I can't begin to remember...

But dead lucky tho'...apart from learning a thing or two, there's some quite wonderful people inhabiting the place (you wouldn't believe how uncivil some people can be on other sites...)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/13/04 at 7:37 am

I was looking up some lyrics (don't remember which ones) and ran across amiright.com and then followed the link to here, registered and enjoyed. That was a few years back and after about a year or better of being gone I came back and couldn't log in with my old username (I used to be BatRastard) so I re-registered as Joe Dirt. It was cool coming back and remembering a lot of the same names. But, I have noticed some members missing that I would have thought would still be here. ??? This board was/is the only board I have posted on b/c it has the most down to earth normal ::) peeps from a varietyof different places/cultures. It's just a  8) place!

P.S. - Props to Chucky ;D

Written By: conker on 10/13/04 at 11:27 am

it's been fun reading these posts so far..thx..
conker,tears on your anaorak-wow,haven't thought about that one in years..
CeramicsFanatic-5 years-who knew?i knew the boards had been around in some shape or form since a few years ago but i didn't realize that long-very cool. 8)

Hey I even have the vinyl LP with this song on it.

And yes Vile you were here when I joined, enjoyed your knowledge of 80's tunes.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/13/04 at 11:33 am

And yes Vile you were here when I joined, enjoyed your knowledge of 80's tunes.

Thanks. :) I remember not being familiar with the song "Tears On Your Anorak" then, but am happy to say that I've heard it several times since on our digital cable 80's digital music channel. :) Er...who's it by again?

Absolutely Vile

Written By: conker on 10/13/04 at 12:14 pm

The Drivers, a Scottish band that released 1 album on a now defunct Toronto label.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/13/04 at 12:26 pm

The Drivers, a Scottish band that released 1 album on a now defunct Toronto label.

Oh right, thanks. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 10/13/04 at 7:45 pm

Next month,I would be here 3 years in November.I wanted a new messageboard to post in and here I am. :)

Howard

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/26/04 at 3:41 pm

I did a search for someone that once posted to the old Yesterdayland boards.  The name turned up in a few posts here.  I liked it so I'm stayin'! :P

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/25/05 at 6:39 am

I found it in early 2002 whilst looking for songs or song lyrics, I cannot remember which...

I had never seen a messageboard before  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/05 at 9:44 am

I was recommended by a fellow poster from a different messageboard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/08/05 at 12:01 pm

I was doing a search for something concerning the 80's...and I stumbled upon this site. I registered but didn't post for awhile...and then came back and started posting.

Erin :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/08/05 at 12:14 pm

I found it in early 2002 whilst looking for songs or song lyrics, I cannot remember which...

For me, it must have been May 2005, but the story's much the same. My search led me to AmIright, I posted some misheard/repetitive/etc. lyrics there before finding out about the messageboard option, which eventually led me here.

Same with me...but then, I didn't even have access to the internet until February 2005. :o

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/05 at 12:28 pm

I probably never would have found this place had I not left another messageboard.  I looked through google inside out until I stumbled upon this place.  I love to talk about 80's, and here I can do that.  I love this place :)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/08/05 at 12:31 pm

I followed Whistle :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/08/05 at 12:43 pm

AmiRight.com

Written By: nally on 10/08/05 at 7:01 pm

AmiRight.com

Same here, as I'd mentioned on Page 1.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 7:08 pm

I discovered this website after posting on the Inthe80s.com topics. I soon found the messageboard through that link and I've been sucked in ever since.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/08/05 at 7:09 pm

Uh...Erin told me about it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/08/05 at 7:16 pm

AmIRight/Inthe#0's - from those websites.  8)

Written By: nally on 01/05/06 at 5:50 pm

I'm bumping up this thread, since there seems to be a duplicate thread (created yesterday, I think) that asks the same question as this one.

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/05/06 at 8:55 pm

Freaked ya out, didn't it?  :o :D ;D

I think I was looking for 80's nostalgia at work, then came across inthe80s.com, and the old old old old OLD messageboard before the YaBB board.  The B.Y. (before YaBB) board seemed pretty formal, meaning there didn't seem to be a lot of personal info disclosed.  Everyone seemed to open up (and then some) shortly after the YaBB board was created.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/06 at 9:16 pm

Freaked ya out, didn't it?  :o :D ;D

I think I was looking for 80's nostalgia at work, then came across inthe80s.com, and the old old old old OLD messageboard before the YaBB board.  The B.Y. (before YaBB) board seemed pretty formal, meaning there didn't seem to be a lot of personal info disclosed.  Everyone seemed to open up (and then some) shortly after the YaBB board was created.  :D

I remember that board.  It wasn't as fun as the YaBBs have been. 

Written By: Howard on 01/06/06 at 2:31 pm

I was looking for another new messageboard and this popped up in the search engine.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 3:30 pm

Uh...Erin told me about it.

I remember the first time you posted here... I think I had to yell at somebody because they expected you to have the whole board figured out in 30 seconds. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 4:40 pm

I remember the first time you posted here... I think I had to yell at somebody because they expected you to have the whole board figured out in 30 seconds. ;D

I remember that! Wasn't it pimpin' steelersfan that was being jerkish?

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 5:45 pm

I remember that! Wasn't it pimpin' steelersfan that was being jerkish?

I don't remember who it was... Ironically, I was actually thinking it was "Frozenfire" ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/06 at 6:43 pm

By using Google.

Written By: rich1981 on 01/06/06 at 8:00 pm

I discovered inthe80s first while trying to search for some 80's video games and later on I discovered inthe90s and then this site.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:09 pm

I don't remember who it was... Ironically, I was actually thinking it was "Frozenfire" ;D

hahaha...that would be very ironic...but I could so totally see it! LOL! ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 01/07/06 at 12:30 am

hahaha...that would be very ironic...but I could so totally see it! LOL! ;D

Maybe Beth will enlighten us. ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/07/06 at 12:46 am

Yeah, It was PimpinSteelersFan. He was PMSing because I posted a thread that wasn't needed. Psht.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/07/06 at 12:50 am

Yeah, It was PimpinSteelersFan. He was PMSing because I posted a thread that wasn't needed. Psht.

Good, I'm glad I was wrong. :)

Written By: annimal on 07/30/18 at 4:02 pm

I had started writing parodies at amifight and then was asked if I'd like to join here

Check for new replies or respond here...