inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: truth time! what is really wrong with you?

Written By: moparnut on 10/18/04 at 8:51 am

Time to dig down deep and face the truth, what is really wrong with you? is that why you're really alone?

Subject: Re: truth time! what is really wrong with you?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/18/04 at 9:40 am

i'm needy. i need to be mothered and pampered. i can't face the real world, thats why i hide in fantasy worlds of role playing games and sci-fi movies.

normal people scare me, regular wage earning types who love sports and backyard barbeques and talk about how perfect their suburbans lives are. really, they do. i surround myself with geeks and goths, i can relate to them, i'm "normal" around outcasts...is that so wrong?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 9:56 am

Tanya and I pretty much covered this in the Politics Board in the "Ludicrous" thread :-\\

Written By: Kenlos on 10/18/04 at 11:06 am

That I am far from normal.  I actually to an extent go out of my way just not to be normal.  I don't follow fads or styles because it annoys me when people start copying everyone else in dress or the way the act.  I just do things and dress the way that I like and could care less what other people do.  Doing this has caused me to be an outcast in some ways but I would much prefer to be an outcast than be just like everyone else.

Written By: Bobby on 10/18/04 at 6:19 pm

That I am far from normal.  I actually to an extent go out of my way just not to be normal.  I don't follow fads or styles because it annoys me when people start copying everyone else in dress or the way the act.  I just do things and dress the way that I like and could care less what other people do.  Doing this has caused me to be an outcast in some ways but I would much prefer to be an outcast than be just like everyone else.

Said it in one, Kenlos.

Me to dig down deep . . .

I 'catastrophize' a lot. Negative thinking spirals out of control sometimes and I make a fairly innocuous situation into something tragic. Couple this with a fear of social rejection and that plays havoc when you try to actually make friends with people.

What about yourself, Moparnut? I think it's your turn to lie on the couch.  ;)

Written By: Paul on 10/18/04 at 6:32 pm

That I am far from normal.  I actually to an extent go out of my way just not to be normal.

And here's today's question, folks...

What is normal...?

A lifetime's supply of air to the first person with a plausible answer...!!

Me, myself and I have terrible 'face-to-face' social skills...don't kid yourselves that I'm this chatty in real life...!!

Written By: Bobby on 10/18/04 at 7:16 pm

What is normal...?

Me, myself and I have terrible 'face-to-face' social skills...don't kid yourselves that I'm this chatty in real life...!!

Heh heh. It's an unneccessary question, Paul. Normality is what people should strive against - Winston Smith had the right idea.

I certainly can appreciate your last line. I find it much easy to write things down than to say things (the brummie accent doesn't help things either . . .  ::)  ;D). The fingers can work freely but the voicebox always seems imprisoned in a mental cell.

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 9:18 pm

I need to make new friends besides the one that I am currently seeing right now.Randy and Matthew. >:(

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/18/04 at 9:34 pm

I'm a manic-depressive neurotic controlling woman with anger issues who worries a lot and has a daddy complex!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 9:35 pm

I need to get a girlfriend. :(

Howard

Written By: Kenlos on 10/18/04 at 10:25 pm

What is normal...?

In my opnion there really isnt a normal.  Everyone probably has there own idea of what normal is.  Like for me normal is the way that the majority of the society acts, dresses, among other things.  And as I said in my earlier post I try not to be like them.

Written By: AssKicker on 10/19/04 at 12:58 am

I don't blame you, Kenlos. I'm a social outcast too (I'm a geek in the day and a goth at nights and weekends... how much of an outcast is that?) and I'm too shy. I'm a complete extrovert; I'm always talking and interacting with people (and scaring them!), but it's pretty much an act. :P

Written By: Jessica on 10/19/04 at 12:54 pm

Where would you like me to start? I have a lot of issues. Just ask my family.

Written By: Apricot on 10/19/04 at 2:31 pm

Lemme see..... I have trouble keeping committed to things, I have really rapid mood swings, I'm too forgiving, I can't make close friends.... A lot.

Written By: elefanten on 10/19/04 at 2:36 pm

i forget things...

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/19/04 at 5:04 pm

First of all, I have diabetes. Second of all, I've gotten to the point where I've given up on taking care of myself healthwise. This includes doctor's visits, some hygiene,  diet and exercise. My room has also been left unclean.  A lot of people would try to avoid to be near me. Other times people try to advise my on my health and I tune them out. Maybe part of my upbringing.  And I am taking Zoloft for depression and my blood pressure has also risen to the high catagory. My dad is diabetic also, as is most of his family.

Written By: Paul on 10/19/04 at 5:23 pm

First of all, I have diabetes. Second of all, I've gotten to the point where I've given up on taking care of myself healthwise. This includes doctor's visits, some hygiene,  diet and exercise.

Other times people try to advise my on my health and I tune them out.

Okay Indy...if you wish to 'tune me out' at this point, that's fine...

But for your own sake, DO NOT FOOL AROUND WITH DIABETES...danger can lurk at the slightest opportunity...

Whether yours is a cry for help or not (and forgive me if I'm being way out of line), I, and I'm sure plenty of others here too, certainly wouldn't want you to give up...

If this has lifted your spirits in some small way, then that's great...

Please...take care of yourself...

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 5:56 pm

I'm a manic-depressive neurotic controlling woman with anger issues who worries a lot and has a daddy complex!

What is a 'daddy complex', Tanya? I understand it is to do with your dad but how does it work?

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:04 pm

First of all, I have diabetes. Second of all, I've gotten to the point where I've given up on taking care of myself healthwise. This includes doctor's visits, some hygiene,  diet and exercise. My room has also been left unclean.   A lot of people would try to avoid to be near me. Other times people try to advise my on my health and I tune them out. Maybe part of my upbringing.  And I am taking Zoloft for depression and my blood pressure has also risen to the high catagory. My dad is diabetic also, as is most of his family.

Yes, diabetes does run in families. My nan had it before she died (not of diabetes) and my uncle on the same side has it as well. My sister continues the 'tradition'. I am a very fortunate person not to have it myself and get checked for it at the doctors every few years.

I really agree with Paul, Indy. I appreciate that diabetes is hard work (how many times have I seen my sister have a hypoglycemic fit?). It seems you have a lot of problems related to stress. What is it you are really missing out on that is making you feel the way you do? Once you answer that, the rest may slot into place. I, like a lot of members on the board, really hope you can pull through with this - I'm sure you will.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/04 at 6:06 pm

Ok, I am going to reveal a bit about myself. I have many insecurities but I try not to let them get the better of me. I am also lazy and very messy. This is the one thing that Carlos and I argue about-he is a neat-freak and I am a slob-the Odd Couple? Ok, we are not as bad as Felix and Oscar. I am not a slob to the point of being gross, just don't put things away so they pile up.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:08 pm

I need to get a girlfriend. :(

I reckon you will have with Robin. However, I will have to stress to you, Howard not to rush this. If you sincerely like her, you will go through this journey of simple gestures with her, regardless of how difficult this may seem.

If you last the distance, Howard, you will have your girlfriend.  :)

Good luck.

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:11 pm

Ok, I am going to reveal a bit about myself. I have many insecurities but I try not to let them get the better of me. I am also lazy and very messy. This is the one thing that Carlos and I argue about-he is a neat-freak and I am a slob-the Odd Couple? Ok, we are not as bad as Felix and Oscar. I am not a slob to the point of being gross, just don't put things away so they pile up.

Ah bless. I understand entirely. Even putting clothes away requires a special sort of motivation.  ::)

The girlfriend and I are similar (this happens a lot in relationships). Unfortunately, I am a little like Oscar and she is like Felix. As in your situation, we aren't extreme opposites either . . .

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/04 at 6:22 pm

Ah bless. I understand entirely. Even putting clothes away requires a special sort of motivation.  ::)

The girlfriend and I are similar (this happens a lot in relationships). Unfortunately, I am a little like Oscar and she is like Felix. As in your situation, we aren't extreme opposites either . . .

Our clean laundry usually sits in the basket until I am ready to do the next load (which is just about once a week).

Cat

Written By: gemini61 on 10/19/04 at 6:26 pm

Our clean laundry usually sits in the basket until I am ready to do the next load (which is just about once a week).

Cat

I'm glad I'm not the only one  ;)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 6:27 pm

I reckon you will have with Robin. However, I will have to stress to you, Howard not to rush this. If you sincerely like her, you will go through this journey of simple gestures with her, regardless of how difficult this may seem.

If you last the distance, Howard, you will have your girlfriend.  :)

Good luck.

Thanks Bob.I went thru hell with my last girlfriend for 5 years but we were a pretty good couple on occassions.Hopefully this girl,If I keep on seeing Robin continuously,We'll see about her and I as a couple in the future.If Robin and I keep on seeing each other,maybe I'll have a date for New Years Eve. :) That would be great.A blessing in disguise.and I promise to take it slow.One day at a time. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 6:30 pm

I'm accident prone
I have OCD
really need some better friends than the ones I'm seeing now.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Bob.I went thru hell with my last girlfriend for 5 years but we were a pretty good couple on occassions.Hopefully this girl,If I keep on seeing Robin continuously,We'll see about her and I as a couple in the future.If Robin and I keep on seeing each other,maybe I'll have a date for New Years Eve. :) That would be great.A blessing in disguise.and I promise to take it slow.One day at a time. :)

Why do you think your relationship with your last girlfriend was 'hell'?

Great. Take it one step at a time and make that date a steady goal (without rushing towards it). From what you have told us, Howard, she seems like a great girl.

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:36 pm

I would be exactly the same (if I did the laundry).  ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 10/19/04 at 6:38 pm

I have trouble saying no to people. I get stuck doing things I don't really want to do because I hate to tell people no.  I always feel tired. But never get a good nights sleep so then I get grouchy and snap at people when I shouldn't.  I don't take enough time for myself because I feel guilty that I should have spent more time with my daughter. I could go on, but that's enough for now!  :(

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:50 pm

I have trouble saying no to people. I get stuck doing things I don't really want to do because I hate to tell people no.  I always feel tired. But never get a good nights sleep so then I get grouchy and snap at people when I shouldn't.  I don't take enough time for myself because I feel guilty that I should have spent more time with my daughter. I could go on, but that's enough for now!  :(

Hmm! Yes. I can understand you not saying no to people (you seem like such a sweet person). However, don't confuse assertiveness with aggression (especially when it is used right  ;)). If you explain to people why you say no, if they are in any way reasonable, they will understand.

Being good to yourself is being good to others in the long run - they don't get snapped at (quite so often anyway  ;D).

Practice saying no with a reason behind it and you will feel better, no problem.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/04 at 6:51 pm

Another thing that is wrong with me, I worry too much about people and situations that I can't do anything about. I have a few friends who are going through some trying times and I want to FIX things for them and I can't.

Oh yeah, and I spend too much money.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 6:55 pm

Another thing that is wrong with me, I worry too much about people and situations that I can't do anything about. I have a few friends who are going through some trying times and I want to FIX things for them and I can't.

Oh yeah, and I spend too much money.

You know, I used to do that as well but I came across as preachy (I still do sometimes even though that is not my intention). I always wanted people to help themselves out of bad situations so badly (they always complain to me about them) but some people will only help themselves when you let them get on with it (funny enough  ::)).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/04 at 7:01 pm

You know, I used to do that as well but I came across as preachy (I still do sometimes even though that is not my intention). I always wanted people to help themselves out of bad situations so badly (they always complain to me about them) but some people will only help themselves when you let them get on with it (funny enough  ::)).

Man, that sounds so familar. I have people come up to me to talk me about their problems-some people I don't even know or hardly know. (I posted about one in the "What do you do" thread") I guess I emit some kind of aura or something that tells people it is ok to talk to me. I guess that is a good thing-still not too sure.  :-\\ But, many of times I do extend my hand to let people know that it is ok.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 7:17 pm

Man, that sounds so familar. I have people come up to me to talk me about their problems-some people I don't even know or hardly know. (I posted about one in the "What do you do" thread") I guess I emit some kind of aura or something that tells people it is ok to talk to me. I guess that is a good thing-still not too sure.  :-\\ But, many of times I do extend my hand to let people know that it is ok.

What you have is a great gift (especially to others). It's great to help people out. The trick is to know when they are not listening to your advice.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:22 pm

Why do you think your relationship with your last girlfriend was 'hell'?

Great. Take it one step at a time and make that date a steady goal (without rushing towards it). From what you have told us, Howard, she seems like a great girl.

Well,with Annalee she was so obsessive with me and I couldn't get any freedom.always played head games whenever she felt like it.Robin,on the other hand is a very nice girl and just before I spoke to her and we might go to the Movies or Starbucks this weekend.We don't know yet.It's up in the air right now. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:26 pm

I also have trouble saying no to some people. :(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 7:30 pm

Well,with Annalee she was so obsessive with me and I couldn't get any freedom.always played head games whenever she felt like it.Robin,on the other hand is a very nice girl and just before I spoke to her and we might go to the Movies or Starbucks this weekend.We don't know yet.It's up in the air right now. :)

It's a shame how love and obsession are mistaken for the same thing. People think it's romantic if they lock everyone else out of their lives. Howard, I love my fiance to bits but I could not be around her 24/7 (and she would say the same about me no doubt  ;D). It would drive me barmy - especially if she asks me what would I like for dinner 5:30pm Saturday evening on a Monday!

Written By: Fred on 10/19/04 at 7:34 pm

i can't face the real world, thats why i hide in fantasy worlds of role playing games and sci-fi movies.

HEY!!  ;D Ditto for me. But actually I rarely watch sci-fi movies, I'm way more into anime.  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:35 pm

It's a shame how love and obsession are mistaken for the same thing. People think it's romantic if they lock everyone else out of their lives. Howard, I love my fiance to bits but I could not be around her 24/7 (and she would say the same about me no doubt  ;D). It would drive me barmy - especially if she asks me what would I like for dinner 5:30pm Saturday evening on a Monday!

I also have trouble making decisions on where Her and I should go this weekend. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 7:37 pm

I also have trouble making decisions on where Her and I should go this weekend. ;D

Hmmm! You mentioned Movies or Starbucks. What about Starbucks (despite not knowing fully what it is)? The movies may make her feel closed in and claustrophobic - just a suggestion.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:39 pm

Hmmm! You mentioned Movies or Starbucks. What about Starbucks (despite not knowing fully what it is)? The movies may make her feel closed in and claustrophobic - just a suggestion.  :)

I was giving her "The Ladies Choice"option.So,maybe Starbucks or a movie.

I also have trouble telling extremely way too much about myself to women. :(

Howard

Written By: Fred on 10/19/04 at 7:39 pm

and I'm too shy.

I can really relate to that. Online that's another story, but if you were to actually talk to me in real life, I would probably say nothing more than "yeah", "uh-huh" etc. And I have no self-confidence talking to girls.  :-[ :(

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 7:42 pm

I was giving her "The Ladies Choice"option.So,maybe Starbucks or a movie.

I also have trouble telling extremely way too much about myself to women. :(

Don't give the ladies a choice of movie, Howard. They will want to watch something girly.  ;D  ;D

Yes, telling too much to ladies you fancy can be a bit of a downer - leave something to their imagination.

Written By: Fred on 10/19/04 at 7:43 pm

Congrats on the date Howard! Starbucks is a coffee bar Bobby.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 7:44 pm

Ah! Thanks for the info, Fred.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:45 pm

Don't give the ladies a choice of movie, Howard. They will want to watch something girly.  ;D  ;D

Yes, telling too much to ladies you fancy can be a bit of a downer - leave something to their imagination.

Like I said to her I'm a porn fan,I drink occassionally,I watch X-Rated Films,etc...and that was embarassing to me when I got off the phone with her. :P

That is what's wrong with me. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:47 pm

Thank You Fred.It's not a "date"right now until I see her on a Sunday basis so for now it's considered a get together. :)

Howard

Written By: Fred on 10/19/04 at 7:51 pm

Thank You Fred.It's not a "date"right now until I see her on a Sunday basis so for now it's considered a get together. :)

Howard

Ah, well congratulations on your get together.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:53 pm

Ah, well congratulations on your get together.  ;)

Thank You.So,what's wrong with you Fred?  ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 7:54 pm

I have OCD

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:04 pm

Like I said to her I'm a porn fan,I drink occassionally,I watch X-Rated Films,etc...and that was embarassing to me when I got off the phone with her. :P

That is what's wrong with me. ;D

Oh you didn't? Poor girl. I tell you something, if you get another date after that bombshell, your girlfriend is guaranteed.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:07 pm

Oh you didn't? Poor girl. I tell you something, if you get another date after that bombshell, your girlfriend is guaranteed.  ;D

yes I did.I have a bad habit of getting over excited & over talkative when I talk to a girl or guy for the first time and most of that is wrong. :-[

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:08 pm

yes I did.I have a bad habit of getting over excited & over talkative when I talk to a girl or guy for the first time and most of that is wrong. :-[

There is nothing wrong with being over-talkative. Just simply don't say you are a porn fan.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:10 pm

There is nothing wrong with being over-talkative. Just simply don't say you are a porn fan.  ;D

I couldn't help it.I blurted it out.My fault.But,maybe when she reaches 30 she'll be in my shoes. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:11 pm

I'm just a little bit crazy.Right Bob? ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:13 pm

I couldn't help it.I blurted it out.My fault.But,maybe when she reaches 30 she'll be in my shoes. ;D

. . . Then you will want to ask for them back.  ;D

Ah well. If you keep your composure, women like that. Sometimes it's best to say absolutely nothing than the wrong thing. Never be afraid of silences in conversations. It doesn't mean someone is ignoring you, they may simply be thinking about what they will say next.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:14 pm

. . . Then you will want to ask for them back.  ;D

Ah well. If you keep your composure, women like that. Sometimes it's best to say absolutely nothing than the wrong thing. Never be afraid of silences in conversations. It doesn't mean someone is ignoring you, they may simply be thinking about what they will say next.

Thank You Bob. ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:15 pm

I'm just a little bit crazy.Right Bob? ;)

Nah! I've learnt my lessons a little while back. I still make the odd verbal faux pas and I get embarrassed. I move on though and put it out of my mind.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:16 pm

Nah! I've learnt my lessons a little while back. I still make the odd verbal faux pas and I get embarrassed. I move on though and put it out of my mind.

Ok,I see Bob.Thank You. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:16 pm

I get distracted easily.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:19 pm

I get distracted easily.

Do you make eye contact when you talk and listen? Very important that. It shows that the person you are talking to is important to you. If you look around while you talk, rightly or wrongly, the other person is going to feel like you are not interested in the conversation.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:22 pm

Do you make eye contact when you talk and listen? Very important that. It shows that the person you are talking to is important to you. If you look around while you talk, rightly or wrongly, the other person is going to feel like you are not interested in the conversation.

I kinda wander around sometimes so maybe I should work on that. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:25 pm

I kinda wander around sometimes so maybe I should work on that. :)

Make it look natural though. If you work on this, things may be a little easier.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:27 pm

Make it look natural though. If you work on this, things may be a little easier.

Thank You once again. ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/19/04 at 8:29 pm

Thank You once again. ;)

Lol No worries, Howard. I just hope it works out for you. I'm sure it will.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 8:34 pm

Lol No worries, Howard. I just hope it works out for you. I'm sure it will.  :)

I just don't want my bad habits to come out.which is another thing wrong with me. :(

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 10/19/04 at 8:40 pm

Hmm! Yes. I can understand you not saying no to people (you seem like such a sweet person). However, don't confuse assertiveness with aggression (especially when it is used right  ;)). If you explain to people why you say no, if they are in any way reasonable, they will understand.

Being good to yourself is being good to others in the long run - they don't get snapped at (quite so often anyway  ;D).

Practice saying no with a reason behind it and you will feel better, no problem.  :)

Thanks for the advice! But, another problem I have is, I don't take advice well!!  ;)  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/19/04 at 8:58 pm

Well I have a health issue...I watched Farenheit 911 and actually threw up AND laughed at the same time ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/19/04 at 10:15 pm

Well I have a health issue...I watched Farenheit 911 and actually threw up AND laughed at the same time ::)

Ha, friggin Ha, Mark!  ;)

Yes, I have an health issue too. When I hear George W. Bush screw up the English language, I have blackouts!

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/19/04 at 10:20 pm

Ha, friggin Ha, Mark!  ;)

Yes, I have an health issue too. When I hear George W. Bush screw up the English language, I have blackouts!

Tanya
Sorry, Tanya :-\\

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/19/04 at 10:27 pm

What is a 'daddy complex', Tanya? I understand it is to do with your dad but how does it work?

Basically, I really didn't have the best relationship with my dad, but I still loved unconditionally. My issues with him dominated much of my emotional-mental-spiritual-sexual life. For example, I used to exclusively date older men to find the love (non-physical) love I wanted from my dad. I lost my virginity early (14) b/c I sought some attention and affection. Emotionally-Mentally, I wasn't trusting of men in general and had this "get them, before they get you" attitude. My husband over time is helping me focus on such issues.

I hope I answered your question. I can joke about it from time to time though b/c it gets me through it so I don't become a nutcase!

Tanya

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/20/04 at 1:54 am

I get distracted easily.

Howard

I have that problem when I'm reading.  I have to have it dead-quiet or else I'll end up re-reading the line over and over because it just won't register.  :-[

Another problem that I have is that I've never really made any friends since we moved here.  I mean I was friendly with co-workers when I was out in the work force, but since I've been staying at home with my kids I have not met anybody.  My husband really wants to break me out of this but I'm not sure where to start.  I'm in my comfort zone right now and to go out and try to meet people is just not an easy thing for me.

Written By: Bobby on 10/20/04 at 3:58 am

Thanks for the advice! But, another problem I have is, I don't take advice well!!  ;)   ;D

Say no to me then. LOL!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/20/04 at 4:05 am

Basically, I really didn't have the best relationship with my dad, but I still loved unconditionally. My issues with him dominated much of my emotional-mental-spiritual-sexual life. For example, I used to exclusively date older men to find the love (non-physical) love I wanted from my dad. I lost my virginity early (14) b/c I sought some attention and affection. Emotionally-Mentally, I wasn't trusting of men in general and had this "get them, before they get you" attitude. My husband over time is helping me focus on such issues.

I hope I answered your question. I can joke about it from time to time though b/c it gets me through it so I don't become a nutcase!

Oh I see, Tanya. I am so glad your husband is someone you can trust and is postitively helping you out with this problem (I had a less severe case of that problem with my mother - only I didn't lose my virginity that early because I was too locked up sexually). A lot of men are alright bizarrely enough . . . We have our little foibles though.  ;)  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/20/04 at 4:12 am

Another problem that I have is that I've never really made any friends since we moved here.  I mean I was friendly with co-workers when I was out in the work force, but since I've been staying at home with my kids I have not met anybody.  My husband really wants to break me out of this but I'm not sure where to start.  I'm in my comfort zone right now and to go out and try to meet people is just not an easy thing for me.

Are there any parent/child clubs you could get involved with?  Or just talking to parents at school drop-off, play group, swimming lessons or whatever?

Do you children have particular friends who you could invite round to play and ask their parent to come for coffee at the same time? 

Most of the adults I know outside of work are people with children of similar ages to my own.  We tend to bump into each other at school/nursery/swimming/dancing/parties etc.  One of the dads once joked that in 10 years or so we'll all be stood together outside discos or concerts waiting to take them home.

Written By: karen on 10/20/04 at 10:42 am

Guess I shouldn't have worried about the paper...I got an A+.  My prof said it was the best he had ever read from a student ;)  Sorry to blow my own horn, but I was so nervous about this that I was making myself sick :-[.

Way to go cheer!  ;D ;D

Maybe now you can start believing in your abilities to do the course well.

In my experience most 'mature' students (i.e. over 25) put in a lot more effort on coursework papers than their younger colleagues.

karen

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/04 at 11:24 am

Way to go cheer!   ;D ;D

Maybe now you can start believing in your abilities to do the course well.

In my experience most 'mature' students (i.e. over 25) put in a lot more effort on coursework papers than their younger colleagues.

karen

Yup-Education is wasted on the young. I went back to school in my 30s and I benefited much more than I did in my late teens.

And I do agree with you about Cheer. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Cat

Written By: Kenlos on 10/20/04 at 4:11 pm

I forgot to mention earlier that I have ADD.  Which means if I don't find something interesting I can't concentrate on it for anything.  Though its not all bad there are some advantages to it I guess.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/20/04 at 4:16 pm

Sorry, Tanya :-\\

Ha!

Oh I see, Tanya. I am so glad your husband is someone you can trust and is postitively helping you out with this problem (I had a less severe case of that problem with my mother - only I didn't lose my virginity that early because I was too locked up sexually). A lot of men are alright bizarrely enough . . . We have our little foibles though. ;) ;D

I hear ya!  :)

Tanya

Written By: Bobby on 10/20/04 at 5:46 pm

I hear ya!  :)

;)  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/20/04 at 6:20 pm

I forgot to mention earlier that I have ADD.  Which means if I don't find something interesting I can't concentrate on it for anything.  Though its not all bad there are some advantages to it I guess.

I am with you on this.  When I was in school we didn't know what ADD is, but I am definitely
it.  I would get A's in some subjects and struggle to pass the rest...no middle ground.  Day
dreamers they call us.  I've learned to live with it.  It does have it's advantages, I have always
been good a leaving work at work, not taking the cares of it home, because the minute I leave
work I can forget about it until I get back. 

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 8:16 pm

I talk too fast while I'm making eye contact with someone. :(

Howard

Written By: moparnut on 10/20/04 at 8:34 pm

Howard, talking to fast is not the most you have to contend with. Telling any girl you may have designs on that you are a porno fan is bad enough, most women think we are addicted to all forms of prono without us telling them, so when you tell them it only makes them think that all their stereotypes of men are on the mark. The thing is that since that was all that came to your mind when you blurted that out, you might want to consider backing off on the porno, getting the picture? If I, who don't know you at all gets the impression that you have to much porno in your life, can you imagine what she thought when you burlted that out to her in person? Howard give up the porno, before you screw up your chances of finding someone meaningful in your life. Although if you do find a woman as engaged in porno as you, then WAY TO GO! marry the wench!

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 8:38 pm

Howard, talking to fast is not the most you have to contend with. Telling any girl you may have designs on that you are a porno fan is bad enough, most women think we are addicted to all forms of prono without us telling them, so when you tell them it only makes them think that all their stereotypes of men are on the mark. The thing is that since that was all that came to your mind when you blurted that out, you might want to consider backing off on the porno, getting the picture? If I, who don't know you at all gets the impression that you have to much porno in your life, can you imagine what she thought when you burlted that out to her in person? Howard give up the porno, before you screw up your chances of finding someone meaningful in your life. Although if you do find a woman as engaged in porno as you, then WAY TO GO! marry the wench!

Thanks Mop.though it's hard to rid myself of all the porno,It's an addiction I'd say.But,I will apologize to her and say I'm sorry for discussing my personal life,I hope you understand. :-[

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 8:38 pm

I have OCD.

Howard

Written By: moparnut on 10/20/04 at 8:43 pm

She's gonna want to hear more than that How. She's wondering right now, and now is damage control time. So apologize but follow it up with something far removed from that aspect of your life. If she does ask you about it, then be honest with her, just guard your words, don't scare her off. In other words don't give her reason to think you're weird. Hope this helps.

Written By: Bobo on 10/21/04 at 3:52 pm

*grin* I'll take it this was said jokingly, Howard..!

Thanks Mop.though it's hard to rid myself of all the porno,It's an addiction I'd say.But,I will apologize to her and say I'm sorry for discussing my personal life,I hope you understand. :-[

What's wrong with me? I react too much, I make impulse decisions which turn out to be the wrong ones. I can't play the drums. At all. I have no sense of rhythm whatsoever. My falsetto voice is slowly cracking under the strain of numerous bouts of cold. I'm a geek. I over-analyze. I'm too honest. I get mad easily. I lose things. I swear too much. That's all.

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 6:21 pm

I have OCD.

You have written 'I have OCD' three times in this thread, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 8:51 pm

You have written 'I have OCD' three times in this thread, Howard.

I'm sorry about that. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 8:52 pm

I have trouble absorbing information and have to have people repeat information to me.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 8:53 pm

She's gonna want to hear more than that How. She's wondering right now, and now is damage control time. So apologize but follow it up with something far removed from that aspect of your life. If she does ask you about it, then be honest with her, just guard your words, don't scare her off. In other words don't give her reason to think you're weird. Hope this helps.

Thank You Mop

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/22/04 at 4:54 am

I'm sorry about that. :(

It's alright. I didn't know whether you realised or not. I haven't discussed it with you myself because we talked about it in a previous thread.  :)

Written By: Mona on 10/22/04 at 6:10 am

Cat

:-[ My last load (which is usually towels and socks) usually stays in the dryer until it's laundry time again.  Who cares if socks and towels get wrinkled.  And don't even talk to me about ironing.  I check the tag before I buy it.  If it says needs ironing, I don't buy it unless I really, really love it.

Written By: Mona on 10/22/04 at 6:18 am

I disagree.  There's nothing wrong with being a porn fan and if he's going to have a long term relationship with a woman, she might as well know.  Some women don't care if you are a porn fan so you might as well work on finding a woman that is OK with that.  My hubby is a porn fan.  It doesn't bother me at all.

Written By: karen on 10/22/04 at 6:25 am

I disagree.  There's nothing wrong with being a porn fan and if he's going to have a long term relationship with a woman, she might as well know.  Some women don't care if you are a porn fan so you might as well work on finding a woman that is OK with that.  My hubby is a porn fan.  It doesn't bother me at all.

Whilst it's true that there's nothing wrong in being a porn fan (but not hard core in my opinion) it probably isn't the best thing to tell someone when you've only met them once or twice.  Especially not the really kinky stuff which Howard seems to be discussing  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/04 at 9:07 am

:-

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with being a porn fan and if he's going to have a long term relationship with a woman, she might as well know. Some women don't care if you are a porn fan so you might as well work on finding a woman that is OK with that. My hubby is a porn fan. It doesn't bother me at all.

My husband is also a porn fan. It doesn't bother me that he watches it, I just don't want to HEAR it.  :P So he uses the mute button a lot.

Cat

Written By: Mona on 10/22/04 at 9:17 am

;D  I don't mind hearing it, but I don't want the neighbors to, so he can't have it loud if the windows are open.

Written By: Bobby on 10/22/04 at 5:43 pm

Whilst it's true that there's nothing wrong in being a porn fan (but not hard core in my opinion) it probably isn't the best thing to tell someone when you've only met them once or twice.  Especially not the really kinky stuff which Howard seems to be discussing  :o

This was my sentiments when writing my post, Mona. Honesty is the best policy (I told my girlfriend I had a small amount of pornography before I moved in with her so that she didn't find out accidentally). It's just there is a difference between being honest and shooting yourself in the foot before a promising relationship develops.  :)

I have been told by my girlfriend that there is nowt wrong with pornography (providing it is all above the age of consent of course) so I live with the idea without too much guilt these days.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 7:26 pm

Mona,I used to date a girl for 5 years and she was older than I was and I liked talking about porn to her.She didn't mind but this girl I'm seeing now hopefully for a few more times is younger than I am( She's 24 compared to my 30)and she's not even into porn so she probably thinks I might be a pedophile or something.I don't know but I kinda wonder about myself. :-\\ I enjoy loads of kinky stuff but I don't want her to blab it back to her Mother or I'll get into trouble. :-[

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 7:28 pm

too much kinky stuff.I've been watching a whole lot of HBO and Cinemax Late Night For Adults. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 7:29 pm

I talk way too fast and people tell me to slow down.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/04 at 8:30 pm

Mona,I used to date a girl for 5 years and she was older than I was and I liked talking about porn to her.She didn't mind but this girl I'm seeing now hopefully for a few more times is younger than I am( She's 24 compared to my 30)and she's not even into porn so she probably thinks I might be a pedophile or something.I don't know but I kinda wonder about myself. :-\\ I enjoy loads of kinky stuff but I don't want her to blab it back to her Mother or I'll get into trouble. :-[

Howard

Howard, I doubt that she thinks you are a pedophile.

I don't know any women who would go out with someone they think is a pedophile.

Written By: Icy on 10/22/04 at 11:04 pm

I'm just a general @sshole to everyone half the time. On AmIRight, I'm constantly dishing out insults and yelling at people. It's not blind flaming, but I get too mad too often.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/04 at 11:07 pm

;D  I don't mind hearing it, but I don't want the neighbors to, so he can't have it loud if the windows are open.

I hear ya! Sometimes I wonder if my neighbors think it's us!

Tanya

Written By: Bobby on 10/23/04 at 4:20 am

I'm just a general @sshole to everyone half the time. On AmIRight, I'm constantly dishing out insults and yelling at people. It's not blind flaming, but I get too mad too often.

Why do you get mad and feel you need to dish out insults, Icy?

Written By: Icy on 10/23/04 at 11:13 am

Why do you get mad and feel you need to dish out insults, Icy?

Really, the only people I actually insult are people who prove their stupidity regularly. Everyone else, I don't really insult, I just don't deal with them in a friendly way. When people are hostile towards me, I'm not calm back. That seems submissive to me. I don't submit to people just because they've been on a site longer then me, or they're older. I just don't.

Written By: Bobby on 10/23/04 at 2:14 pm

Really, the only people I actually insult are people who prove their stupidity regularly. Everyone else, I don't really insult, I just don't deal with them in a friendly way. When people are hostile towards me, I'm not calm back. That seems submissive to me. I don't submit to people just because they've been on a site longer then me, or they're older. I just don't.

It's great to hear that you are an independent person with independent ideas, Icy. Treating fools lightly is something I am not known for either(despite my calm demeanour). Try not to confuse calmness with submission though. Getting hostile never does any good because it gives the other person a right to react back in the same manner (and the right to stick to their views, however wrong they may be).

It is great to see you on the boards.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/23/04 at 5:54 pm

I'm a worrywart.I worry too much about stuff in general. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 10/23/04 at 9:34 pm

I figured out my worst problem.... I'm unstable. I can't keep one emotion for more then a few hours. As soon as something good {no matter how trivial or small} ends, I become depressed. A lot of the time, It hurts to laugh or be happy. Physically hurts as soon as I stop laughing. Sometimes, I'll think for weeks on end about killing myself, sometimes, I just seem well adjusted, sometimes I feel like I'll never come down and I annoy people. More often, I'm low then high. People often ask me if I recieve psychiatric help, and they say it in a joking way. Oftentimes, however, I can tell that they mean it. People are geniunely concerned for me, people who hardly have a relationship with me. Other people haven't seen both sides, and don't know how to react when the other comes out. People who saw me normal for 3 days actually started crying when they saw me depressed. Things were quite awkward for a bit after that. People who saw depressed me {A lot of you initially caught me in a phase of depression when I started out. Originally, I was bitter a lot, which goes with the depression. Then I was just depressed.} weren't sure how to react to normal me. People have told me I scare them. I don't want to scare people, but when it hurts, it hurts. I can only hold it in for so long, and I don't have much resistance over my feelings. I act well when emotion isn't genuine. I can become another person, but not when the only thing on my mind is death. I can't do it then. I can stifle my happiness, I can hold back my hysterics, I can restrain excitement. I can not say the same concerning melancholy. Every day I wonder if I'll stay in a phase, leave, or just add another layer on. The most trivial things set me off, and it hurts so much. Even happiness hurts a lot sometimes.

Written By: Mona on 10/24/04 at 12:52 am

yeah, well, you really don't have enough time for that

Written By: Howard on 10/24/04 at 9:33 am

I tend to dwell on silly situations. :(

Howard

Written By: Heathcliff on 10/28/04 at 1:58 pm

1) I'm self-obsessed
2) I get flippantly angry over minor situations
3) I speak before I act
4) I worry endlessly (hence my afflictions with battery acid and raw meat)

Written By: Howard on 10/28/04 at 9:13 pm

I tend to jump the gun before reacting.

Howard

Written By: Mona on 10/29/04 at 9:22 am

: :\'( Sorry you have the flu, but what are you doing staying up so late?  You should be getting lots of rest!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/04 at 10:42 am

You only have ONE basket :o  I have 6 ;D ;D ;D  And, they're all full right now ;)

Actually, we have 3-one for Carlos' dirty clothes, one for mine and the other one that the clean ones remain in for about a week.  :D

I do hope you feel better soon.

Cat

Written By: AL-B on 10/29/04 at 12:35 pm

At this stage in my life, my biggest problem is that I lack the self-discipline to get myself into good physical shape. I smoke about a pack of cigarettes a day and I rarely exercise. I'm not terribly overweight (about 40 lbs) but with this new job that is almost sure to change (I'm back to driving a truck long-distance, which I swore I would never do again, but I made an exception for this company).
Well, as long as I avoid the truck stop buffets I should be all right, but this smoking thing is going to be a b*tch.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/29/04 at 1:10 pm

Right now, I'm starving, but have a touch of the flu so don't want to eat and throw it all up again :(  What a waste of a good dinner at Outback >:(

I'm sorry to hear that you have the flu, Cheer.  :(

Take care and try to get as much rest as possible (even though I know how difficult that can be when you have little ones)...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/04 at 2:00 pm

heehee...We have 4 hampers PLUS 6 laundry baskets ;D ;D ;D

Thanks, I managed to keep a couple of crackers down this morning ::)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the hamper in the bathroom that has clean towels in it-for about 6 months.  :o

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 10:08 pm

I try to give some advice to people & friends but they don't seem to want it. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/16/05 at 5:46 pm

I have a hard time absorbing information. :(

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/16/05 at 5:58 pm

I try to give some advice to people & friends but they don't seem to want it. :(

Howard
Give me some advice, lets see how good you really are at this, remember you will be evaluated ::)

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/16/05 at 6:21 pm

I am a notorious procrastinator.
I've lied and told people (including some people here, sorry) that I am no longer depressed. To be truthful when it comes to depression I feel like I sitting on a fence with people throwing rocks at me. It's like I can fall off at any minute. I used to take medication but they made me feel like a vegetable. SO now ciggarettes and insane amounts of Pepsi keep me in check, no joke. Whenever I run out of cigarettes I drown myself in Pepsi and vice versa BUT god forbid that I run out of both, I become mentally fragile. Someone could just look at me wrong and I go over the edge.
I've become such an expert at faking it, that i don't know how I feel anymore.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/05 at 6:33 pm

Give me some advice, lets see how good you really are at this, remember you will be evaluated ::)

ok go ahead Jim

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/16/05 at 6:34 pm

I have a hard time making decisions :(

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/16/05 at 6:49 pm

Drain Bamage

Written By: Howard on 03/16/05 at 6:50 pm

Drain Bamage

what's wrong with you? ;D

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/16/05 at 6:52 pm

what's wrong with you? ;D

Howard
I slipped out of the doctors hands as a baby, the first time I was sure it was an accident but after four more drops I begin to question him  ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/16/05 at 6:53 pm

I slipped out of the doctors hands as a baby, the first time I was sure it was an accident but after four more drops I begin to question him  ::)

they should've kept you there.

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/16/05 at 6:54 pm

I ask way too much questions.
I talk too much.
I can get really annoying at times.
I procrastinate alot.
I am really, really, forgetful.
I can be be whiney at times.

Wheeew!  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 03/16/05 at 7:00 pm

I ask way too much questions.
I talk too much.
I can get really annoying at times.
I procrastinate alot.
I am really, really, forgetful.
I can be be whiney at times.

Wheeew!  ::)
sure you didn't forget something? think hard now :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/05 at 8:59 pm

I like to be right
I expect a certain degree of perfection (due to my OCD symptoms)
I am stubborn
I am very moody

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 03/17/05 at 2:29 pm

I am confused sometimes
I have trouble absorbing information

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/14/05 at 2:20 pm

I have a hard time with relationships with women.I find that this has been the 2nd girl that has been so domineering to me. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/14/05 at 4:16 pm

I get depressed very easily (sometimes for no apparent reason).

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/14/05 at 4:39 pm

Hmm, this ought to be interesting.

I try to be things i can't be.
I set goals for myself that i know i can't meet.
I'm arrogant.
I'm cocky.
I can be very insular.
I sometimes put people down to make myself look good, knowing that it makes me look like a jerk. (something i try hard not to do anymore)
I can be very lethargic.
I have serious rage problems (i went to anger management for the better part of a year when i was 14)
;D
I tend to procrastinate.
I have a habit of not saying things i should.
I like to shut myself off and ignore everything going on around me.
I repress too much.

I dunno.. that's all i can think of now.

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 4:53 pm

I tend to procrastinate.

I misread this one   ::)

Written By: Bobby on 07/14/05 at 4:54 pm

At the moment I am just feeling a little impatient and frustrated with things and I shouldn't be. Not something I like to admit but, hey, I don't think many people here like to admit their negative feelings.  ;) :)

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 4:55 pm

andy at age 14   ;D
http://www.komar.org/hulk/contest/incredible_hulk_car.jpg

Written By: Bobby on 07/14/05 at 5:13 pm

andy at age 14   ;D

LOL!!!!  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/14/05 at 5:15 pm

andy at age 14   ;D

Oi! Don't make me mad, YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M MAD!! MM... Donuts!

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 5:15 pm

LOL!!!!  ;D

look ma, i'm driving with no hands (guess how he steers the car)    ::)

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 5:16 pm

http://www.oxygenkiosk.net/albums/ps/rage.sized.gif

Written By: Bobby on 07/14/05 at 5:17 pm

look ma, i'm driving with no hands (guess how he steers the car)    ::)

Oh yeah, I didn't notice that, lol.  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 5:24 pm

I'd tell ya all but I'd have to kill ya all... lets just say i'm a Fcuk Up  ;D
http://www.cartoon.me.uk/images/smallJackNicholson_RSSize(401x641).jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 5:34 pm

andy at age 14   ;D
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/yelrotflmao.gif

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 5:38 pm

Hmm,
Depressed
Impatient
Angry
Imature
Ugly...I'm sure there's more but only the people who really know me can tell you :D

Written By: Paul on 07/14/05 at 5:44 pm

Hmm,
Depressed
Impatient
Angry
Imature
Ugly...I'm sure there's more but only the people who really know me can tell you :D

Well, count me in as one of those who don't 'really know you', Mark...

...but you missed out 'All round great bloke...'

Written By: Apricot on 07/14/05 at 5:44 pm

1. I have a very poor self-image.
2. I tend to think like a critic too much.
3. I always play Devil's Advocate, when I guess people just want blind agreement.
4. I tend to hate people by default until they prove themselves worthy.
5. The smallest things can set off extended periods of depression.
6. I get into horrible fits of anger that I relieve in extremely harmful ways.
7. I have rapid mood changes.
8. I can be very quiet and anti-social in social situations.
9. I give people too many second chances.
10. I tend to have a dry sense of humor people don't get sometimes.
11. I'm too critical of my own work that many good works get destroyed in anger.
12. I find it difficult to follow the advice I give.
13. I'm only good with words when it's for someone else's situation.
14. I tend to act as more of a therapist and less of a friend, offering advice when sympathy was all that was really wanted.
15. I get very jealous and angry of others when they find happiness while I suffer in a similar situation.
16. I tend to be obsessive.
17. I lack co-ordination.
18. I capitalize words throughout my sentences at total random some of the time.
19. I find being around people painful some of the time.
20. I don't give myself enough credit a lot of the time, and nothing can really change my view once it's set.. and it's almost always to a negative self-image.

^ that's done in short. There's much more.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 5:46 pm

1. I have a very poor self-image.
2. I tend to think like a critic too much.
3. I always play Devil's Advocate, when I guess people just want blind agreement.
4. I tend to hate people by default until they prove themselves worthy.
5. The smallest things can set off extended periods of depression.
6. I get into horrible fits of anger that I relieve in extremely harmful ways.
7. I have rapid mood changes.
8. I can be very quiet and anti-social in social situations.
9. I give people too many second chances.
10. I tend to have a dry sense of humor people don't get sometimes.
11. I'm too critical of my own work that many good works get destroyed in anger.
12. I find it difficult to follow the advice I give.
13. I'm only good with words when it's for someone else's situation.
14. I tend to act as more of a therapist and less of a friend, offering advice when sympathy was all that was really wanted.
15. I get very jealous and angry of others when they find happiness while I suffer in a similar situation.
16. I tend to be obsessive.
17. I lack co-ordination.
18. I capitalize words throughout my sentences at total random some of the time.
19. I find being around people painful some of the time.
20. I don't give myself enough credit a lot of the time, and nothing can really change my view once it's set.. and it's almost always to a negative self-image.

^ that's done in short. There's much more.
ALWAYS trying to top me, eh  :D ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 5:47 pm

Well, count me in as one of those who don't 'really know you', Mark...

...but you missed out 'All round great bloke...'
To really know me is to learn to avoid me...some might say :-\\ Thanks for the always kind words though, Paul :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/14/05 at 5:48 pm

I tend to muck about and tell jokes a lot, which is fine most times, but it makes it harder for people to really take me seriously... i'm usually quite an upbeat, happy person though, so I aint got too much to complain about  :)

Written By: Paul on 07/14/05 at 5:49 pm

Well, Andrew - I can relate to #'s 1,2,8,10,19 and 20...so you're not alone in that department...

There'll come a time when you'll stop kicking dirty great lumps in yourself, I guarantee it...it's called 'getting older'...

Written By: Apricot on 07/14/05 at 5:55 pm

There'll come a time when you'll stop kicking dirty great lumps in yourself, I guarantee it...it's called 'getting older'...

Yeah, I suppose so.. I still have a long ways to go.

Written By: Paul on 07/14/05 at 5:59 pm

Yeah, I suppose so.. I still have a long ways to go.

In the meantime (and I appreciate it sounds corny), try and be gentle with yourself...

Written By: Apricot on 07/14/05 at 6:09 pm

In the meantime (and I appreciate it sounds corny), try and be gentle with yourself...

I can try.. but when I'm angry, and I get that far gone, it's hard to do so.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/05 at 9:58 pm

I am lazy at times.
I can be annoying at times.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/15/05 at 6:22 am

I got bad dandruff.  :-\\

Written By: TC1970 on 07/15/05 at 7:08 am

I am lazy at times.

Me too  :-[

I am moody.
I don't like kids.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/15/05 at 8:21 am

Too prepared to give in to others, at my own expense  >:(

Written By: mandamoo on 07/15/05 at 8:28 am

Too many things to list here  ::)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/15/05 at 8:53 am

Too many things to list here  ::)

???

But Mooey, there is a whole page to be filled  ;D

I was gonna write something like the above myself but then apathy took over.  Oh !  There - we can add that to my list  :D

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 11:15 am

I got bad dandruff.  :-\\

I get that in small amounts.

I don't like kids.

So.. if misanthropy is not liking men, and misogyny is not liking women, what is the word for not liking children?

Normal.  ;D

Written By: goodsin on 07/15/05 at 12:38 pm

Screwed up childhood. I don't just have a chip on my shoulder, I've got the whole block!

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 12:39 pm

Screwed up childhood. I don't just have a chip on my shoulder, I've got the whole block!

HOO! Join the club.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/15/05 at 2:25 pm

My patience seems to be wearing thinner these days... :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/05 at 3:14 pm

I procrastinate too much and I have no patience!!

Erin

Written By: Step-chan on 07/15/05 at 3:31 pm

I'm incredibly eccentric, I don't know how else to describe myself.... :D

Written By: whitewolf on 07/15/05 at 3:32 pm

I have a very short temper

and I am a sh!t distuber-if I know something pi$$es people off, I keep doing it.

If someone is a b!tch to me they get it right back ten-fold-I believe in tit-for-tat.
(The b!tch next door is gonna get it real soon, but I will make her take the first swing-after that it's self-defense ::))

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:32 pm

I have a problem with repeating myself much too often :(

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 3:47 pm

There are periods in which I can be somewhat superficial.. it's not too noticeable, I do a good job of keeping it inside, but I can be shallow in up to two-week intervals. It's weird.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/15/05 at 5:38 pm

i don't have a very good short-term memory, but i make up for that with a (frighteningly) good long-term memory. Example - If I revise some notes one morning, chances are that if I return to them the same evening, i'll have forgotten where I was up to and forget half of what I revised, but on the flip-side, i can remember really random things that happened years and years ago... wierd

Written By: Bobby on 07/15/05 at 5:45 pm

I'm incredibly eccentric, I don't know how else to describe myself.... :D

Eccentric is cool.  ;) :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 9:53 pm

Eccentric is cool.  ;) :)

Agreed. I have a thing for eccentricity myself... as long as it isn't TOO much.. especially when it's stupid random.. that gets annoying.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/15/05 at 10:13 pm

I have a hard time with reality, my friends tell me that I live in a movie 24/7. I have annoying mood swings...and low self esteem. That's just a scratch at the surface..

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 10:14 pm

I have a hard time with reality, my friends tell me that I live in a movie 24/7. I have annoying mood swings...and low self esteem. That's just a scratch at the surface..

Do a 20 list like I did.  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/15/05 at 10:15 pm

Do a 20 list like I did.  ;D

Well, I'm in a good mood tonight...I don't wanna break that. Maybe some other time.

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 10:19 pm

Well, I'm in a good mood tonight...I don't wanna break that. Maybe some other time.

Good thought.

Written By: Apricot on 07/16/05 at 4:10 pm

I tend to hold on to "ammunition" too much... like, if somebody does something wrong, we'll remember it for years and bring it up whenever it's relevant... I think it runs in my family, though.. my dad brought up something from 3 years ago the other day... I once brought up something from 9 years ago. If that gives you an idea.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/16/05 at 4:12 pm

I tend to hold on to "ammunition" too much... like, if somebody does something wrong, we'll remember it for years and bring it up whenever it's relevant... I think it runs in my family, though.. my dad brought up something from 3 years ago the other day... I once brought up something from 9 years ago. If that gives you an idea.

Perhaps it would be easier if you posted in the "What is right with you" thread  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/16/05 at 4:48 pm

I have a hard time explaining myself.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/16/05 at 4:56 pm

I hold a grudge for along time.

I can come up with ideas for plenty of things, which is a good thing but I usually use it to come up with ideas for revenge. People in my neighborhood aren't gonna know what hit them.

Written By: tv on 07/17/05 at 12:39 am

I have a bad temper when something goes wrong.

I sometimes think bad things always happen to me in that I'm just flat out am a "bad luck person."

I am not outgoing as I should be. I don't go to bars or nightclubs like other people my age do. I live in Jersey so its nightclubs and bars central. I prefer bookstores and the park.

Women Troubles-I go for women who are out of my league and sometimes I think I;m too nice of a guy to have a girlfriend.

I am a procastinator on the weekends when it comes to doing chores around the house.

I should give myself good advice instead of giving other people good advice.

I remember useless things such as what happened in a NFL game like 5 years ago.  Example: when the Vikings got beat by the Falcons in the 98-99 NFC Championship game or when Philly made that 4th down and 25 yards to go and got 26 yards on a pass play to get a first down in a playoff game against green bay in 2002-2003.I remember every bodystyle car of from 1990-present. Yet I'm really not determined to go to college.

I cry about current gas prices.

I eat food too fast.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/17/05 at 9:23 am

I'm usually a very laid-back, calm person, but when something p*sses me off, it really p*sses me off, and usually ends up broken. The best examples of this awful temper coming into play would be:
* Broken control pad - PS2
* Smashed number pad on keyboard
* Broken PS2 games : The Sims, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City , Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas , The Simpsons: Hit & Run
* Broken PC mouse
* Broke my Game Boy Colour twice in the space of a month - once headbutted, once thrown out of the window
* Cracked my tv screen
* Computers which no longer work due to being punched/thrown/hit with a hammer: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System
* None of my original PlayStation controls work because of being thrown across the room/yanked out of the socket
* My old PC now makes a quiet buzzing noise after I thumped it

As you can see, I need to watch my temper before I break something even more valuable  :o

Written By: Apricot on 07/17/05 at 1:28 pm

Perhaps it would be easier if you posted in the "What is right with you" thread  ;D

Easier?

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 8:50 pm

I'm very shy in real life, have bad nerves, self concious, no confidence, easy to get sad, fall in love with gay guys, can't take control of my emotions, and have a very slow mind. lol xD

Written By: Apricot on 07/17/05 at 9:45 pm

^ Wow.. you sound a lot like me.. minus the gay guys part.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/05 at 9:58 pm

^ Wow.. you sound a lot like me.. minus the gay guys part.  ;D
;D

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 10:00 pm

^ Wow.. you sound a lot like me.. minus the gay guys part. ;D

You're lying.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/17/05 at 10:21 pm

I'm very shy in real life, have bad nerves, self concious, no confidence, easy to get sad, fall in love with gay guys, can't take control of my emotions, and have a very slow mind. lol xD

hey...i used to be the same way....every single guy I would like...ended up being gay! LOL!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/17/05 at 10:24 pm

I'm usually a very laid-back, calm person, but when something p*sses me off, it really p*sses me off, and usually ends up broken. The best examples of this awful temper coming into play would be:
* Broken PS2 games : The Sims, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City , Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas , The Simpsons: Hit & Run
* Broken PC mouse
* Broke my Game Boy Colour twice in the space of a month - once headbutted, once thrown out of the window
* Cracked my tv screen
* Computers which no longer work due to being punched/thrown/hit with a hammer: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System
* None of my original PlayStation controls work because of being thrown across the room/yanked out of the socket

As you can see, I need to watch my temper before I break something even more valuable  :o

;D ;D

My Mate's brother threw his laptop out of the upstairs window  ;D

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 10:29 pm

hey...i used to be the same way....every single guy I would like...ended up being gay! LOL!

Yes I know!!! I think I saw somebody on here say something like "All the good looking guys are either gay, mean or taken" and it's very true. X_X

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/17/05 at 10:33 pm

Yes I know!!! I think I saw somebody on here say something like "All the good looking guys are either gay, mean or taken" and it's very true. X_X

yes, and to this day...I still have a love for gay men, infact...my best friend is a gay man...and I love him to pieces!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 10:39 pm

yes, and to this day...I still have a love for gay men, infact...my best friend is a gay man...and I love him to pieces!

Aww, lol that's cute. Gay guys are so lovable.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/17/05 at 10:47 pm

;D ;D

Great brother....  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/17/05 at 10:48 pm

I tend to be very disorganized and messy, and spend too much money buying stuff.

Written By: tv on 07/17/05 at 10:51 pm

I think the reverse at times. Whenever I am interested in a woman they are usually seeing somebody else or women I don't like back. They are good guys out there. I should know I am one of them. I just don't want to go to a bar or a nightclub. I think women on this board should try online dating. I didn't work for me but for different people it can work I think.

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 10:52 pm

I'm kind of judgemental when it comes to some people (ones I don't like....) but I've been really trying to stop lately since I hate being a hypocrite because I'm always complaining about other people being judgemental so yeah....  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/17/05 at 10:52 pm

yes they are!!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/17/05 at 10:55 pm

I think the reverse at times. Whenever I am interested in a woman they are usually seeing somebody else or women I don't like back. They are good guys out there. I should know I am one of them. I just don't want to go to a bar or a nightclub. I think women on this board should try online dating. I didn't work for me but for different people it can work I think.

Yeah that's true. I'm too young for online dating though lol, actually I don't really have any interest in dating. My friends think I'm weird.   ::)

yes they are!!

<3 <3 <3 lol

Written By: Apricot on 07/17/05 at 11:34 pm

;D

;D ;)

You're lying.

Nope.

You tryin' to SAY something here? You wanna go?! *breaks wine bottle* LET'S GO!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/18/05 at 1:33 am

* Broken PC mouse
* Cracked my tv screen

Backs away slowly.....  :-X

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 5:33 am

;D ;D

Psycho  ::)
I wouldn't throw my laptop out of a window just yet... i just bought it!  :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/18/05 at 6:23 am

I've been temped to put a fist through the computer screen or pick up the box and haul it off the top of the second floor multiple times.  :D >:(

Then I realise how much I spent on this heap of crap.  ::)

Written By: karen on 07/18/05 at 10:38 am

Has anyone seen that video clip of a guy thumping his computer monitor and then throwing it across the office?  All his co-workers keep standing up to see what he's doing.

Anyway a friend of mine said that video clip appeared in an on-line manual for some equipment she was using under "What to do when nothing works"!!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 10:42 am

I've been temped to put a fist through the computer screen or pick up the box and haul it off the top of the second floor multiple times.  :D >:(

Then I realise how much I spent on this heap of crap.  ::)

Can't say i've put a screen through (yet), but i've came close numerous times.

I am also very very easily distracted. I find it hard to finish something once i've started it, say i'm doing a project for school that i'm really excited about, i'll go home, start it, then go back to it the next day and find that I can't be bothered. It's the same with revision. I have to be the WORLD'S WORST REVISER... EVER!!! I'll sit down to revise, then a car door'll go outside, so I jump up and go to the window for 5 minutes, then go back to revision, then there'll be another noise outside, and I get distracted again...honestly, I just can't force myself to sit and study or do homework... which would explain why I keep getting Cs  ::)

Has anyone seen that video clip of a guy thumping his computer monitor and then throwing it across the office? All his co-workers keep standing up to see what he's doing.

Anyway a friend of mine said that video clip appeared in an on-line manual for some equipment she was using under "What to do when nothing works"!!

Never seen it, but I want to now!  :D ;D ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 10:44 am

Oh yeah, and according to my mam i'm an "irritating little git"

pfft, mothers  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/18/05 at 6:57 pm

I'm ambivalent sometimes. :(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/19/05 at 8:32 pm

Mental Health Consumer since the age of thirteen...type 2 diabetes and COPD.

three years ago I was on supplemental oxygen...and over 300 pounds. I am no longer on supplemental oxygen since October 2002...and am now 279 lbs.

Other people think I'm a 'redneck' cause I LOVE NASCAR...but that's their opinion. LOLOLOL!

Written By: jackas on 07/19/05 at 8:56 pm

Ever watch Designer Guys?  I love those two!  I like the short guy the best, he's a total b!tch. ;D

So what's wrong with me?

I'm really introverted.  I don't think it's a bad thing, but many people get the wrong impression from introverted people.  People tend to think I'm stuck up.

I always have to wear make-up.  I won't leave the house without it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/05 at 9:00 pm

Lately I feel like that Godsmack song...."Sick Of Life"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/05 at 9:17 pm

you and me both, Mark!

Erin

Written By: Apricot on 07/19/05 at 9:23 pm

Hmm.. I've felt like that, but not in the past week or so..

A problem of mine? I get tired too quickly, and can't sleep when the time comes.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/05 at 9:24 pm

A problem of mine? I get tired too quickly, and can't sleep when the time comes.

I hate when you oversleep...and you wake up feeling all out of place...and you end up being even more tired after the fact....that happened to me today!

Written By: Apricot on 07/19/05 at 9:33 pm

I hate when you oversleep...and you wake up feeling all out of place...and you end up being even more tired after the fact....that happened to me today!

Yeah.. I've found my ideal sleep schedule is from 6 AM to 1 PM.... but I just can't do that.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/05 at 9:42 pm

you and me both, Mark!

Erin
I feel your pain...sure could use a pm :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/05 at 9:43 pm

:-\\

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/19/05 at 9:47 pm

I get tired too quickly, and can't sleep when the time comes.

;D  I know how that feels.  I can sleep in 'til noon, eat lunch, lay down to let it digest ::) , sleep 'til five, then stay up 'til two.  I just wish I could break myself of it.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/05 at 6:40 pm

I can't make decisions quick enough

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/20/05 at 10:42 pm

I get offended too easily.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/20/05 at 10:45 pm

I'm creepy. Yeah, that's right. You heard me.

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 11:58 pm

I get too upset and become almost different people.

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 11:59 pm

I'm creepy. Yeah, that's right. You heard me.

At least you don't go to insane asylums in Ohio and spend the night.. thank GOD none of us do that.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/21/05 at 12:03 am

At least you don't go to insane asylums in Ohio and spend the night.. thank GOD none of us do that.

Dude, I know. You'd have to be one creepy bastard, to do THAT. Do you know anyone who would even THINK of doing that?

Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/21/05 at 12:05 am

Dude, I know. You'd have to be one creepy bastard, to do THAT. Do you know anyone who would even THINK of doing that?

I HOPE no one I know would ever fathom that sort of thing.. it's pathetic, really.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/21/05 at 12:08 am

I HOPE no one I know would ever fathom that sort of thing.. it's pathetic, really.

Totally. I feel bad for the shmos that would try that. It really is good that we wouldn't go and do that....

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/21/05 at 12:13 am

Totally. I feel bad for the shmos that would try that. It really is good that we wouldn't go and do that....

Me too.. they're just so pathetic.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/21/05 at 12:25 am

Oh who the eff am I kidding?!?! It's gonna ROCK!!!  :D

Beth :D

Written By: TC1970 on 07/21/05 at 6:21 am

what is really wrong with me..I got a pimple right on my chin. I thought pimples were only a thing of teenage years.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 6:36 pm

I never understand what people are talking about sometimes.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/21/05 at 9:16 pm

I like a NASCAR 'bad boy'.....

and I don't like the things most forty-five year olds like.....I play video games and listen to Alice in Chains rather than go to Bingo and listen to Barry Manilow....

and I'm a tech geek.

Written By: Apricot on 07/21/05 at 9:23 pm

I like a NASCAR 'bad boy'.....

That's not really wrong.. or does that hurt you somehow?

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:16 pm

I lose track of time.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/22/05 at 6:10 pm

I swear too much

Written By: Paul on 07/22/05 at 6:12 pm

I swear too much

Tourettes' syndrome?!!

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 6:13 pm

I swear too much

... I guess we've never talked outside the forum. Although I've severely toned it down. Only occasionally.. mostly for comedy.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/22/05 at 6:15 pm

Tourettes' syndrome?!!

no, i just swear un-necessarily. I've lost count of how many times in years 9-11 I got sent out of class for swearing by accident. I also got kicked out of works experience back in year 9 for swearing, and I almost put a year 11 trip in jeopardy by telling someone to f*k off and calling them a pr*ck within hearing range of a teacher. I got a letter sent home, and my mam wasn't best pleased. I've gotta be really careful when i'm at home, coz my mam loses it if she hears me

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/22/05 at 6:32 pm

... I guess we've never talked outside the forum. Although I've severely toned it down. Only occasionally.. mostly for comedy.

I was speaking to my mate on yahoo earlier today, and without realising, I had some sort of expletive in every other sentence. I really need to calm down

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 6:48 pm

I was speaking to my mate on yahoo earlier today, and without realising, I had some sort of expletive in every other sentence. I really need to calm down

You're prolly just still mad.. just take some time to relax.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 7:05 pm

I don't know and I'm beginning not to care

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 7:34 pm

I don't know and I'm beginning not to care

Oooh, the apathy setting in. Sadly, this is gonna be the best thing you CAN do until you're over this period.

Written By: gemini61 on 07/22/05 at 8:14 pm

and I don't like the things most forty-five year olds like.....I play video games and listen to Alice in Chains rather than go to Bingo and listen to Barry Manilow....

So I only have a year to go before I'm doomed to a life of bingo and Barry Manilow  :o  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/22/05 at 8:26 pm

And I don't like the things most 19 year olds like.  :D

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 8:32 pm

And I don't like the things most 19 year olds like.  :D

And I don't like the things that most 15-year olds enjoy.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 8:38 pm

Oooh, the apathy setting in. Sadly, this is gonna be the best thing you CAN do until you're over this period.
Thanks, but I haven't known for about 30 years...it's just now that I'm beginning not to give a sh*t anymore ::)

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 8:40 pm

Thanks, but I haven't known for about 30 years...it's just now that I'm beginning not to give a sh*t anymore ::)

Well, these times of apathy and a "F--k It" Attitude come and go... you'll find something to keep you positive at some point... I recommend a good song or a good hot meal... or even excercise.

Written By: Bobby on 07/22/05 at 8:41 pm

Have you been to counselling before, Mark? Talking it through may help.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 9:59 pm

Well, these times of apathy and a "F--k It" Attitude come and go... you'll find something to keep you positive at some point... I recommend a good song or a good hot meal... or even excercise.
Thanks...I plan on covering ALL that. I'm listening to Alice In Chains, will eat some great food tomorrow AND applied to the YMCA where my whole family used to go (Yes, it will be tough being where Blaine and I used to work out) and will be in next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 10:01 pm

Have you been to counselling before, Mark? Talking it through may help.
Thanks Rob...I really appreciate having you as a friend around here. It's not an option just yet and hopefully my new "Plan" will have me not needing it at all :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 10:03 pm

Thanks...I plan on covering ALL that. I'm listening to Alice In Chains, will eat some great food tomorrow AND applied to the YMCA where my whole family used to go (Yes, it will be tough being where Blaine and I used to work out) and will be in next week.

Wow... you got ALL the bases covered. Good luck feeling better. If you need anything, we're here.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 10:13 pm

Wow... you got ALL the bases covered. Good luck feeling better. If you need anything, we're here.
Thanks but with my luck, AIC will depress me further, I'll throw-up my meal and pull a muscle while working out! How's THAT for negativityhttp://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/rofl.gif

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 10:15 pm

Thanks but with my luck, AIC will depress me further, I'll throw-up my meal and pull a muscle while working out! How's THAT for negativityhttp://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/rofl.gif

Wow.. and I thought I was pessimistic and paranoid.. well, only one thing to do now! Turn off the music and plug your ears, starve, and sleep! There! Problem fixed!  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 10:17 pm

Wow.. and I thought I was pessimistic and paranoid.. well, only one thing to do now! Turn off the music and plug your ears, starve, and sleep! There! Problem fixed!  :D
Thanks! Peace, I'm outhttp://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/clap.gif

Written By: Bobby on 07/22/05 at 10:28 pm

Thanks Rob...I really appreciate having you as a friend around here. It's not an option just yet and hopefully my new "Plan" will have me not needing it at all :)

If you haven't tried it, try it. It really did help me out and I was cynical about those kind of things. However, the importance is seeing someone who really likes people and doesn't just do it because it is their job to.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 11:07 pm

If you haven't tried it, try it. It really did help me out and I was cynical about those kind of things. However, the importance is seeing someone who really likes people and doesn't just do it because it is their job to.
Thanks mate, I will consider your advice ;)

Written By: rich1981 on 07/22/05 at 11:58 pm

Re: truth time! what is really wrong with you?

No matter how hard I try, I've always been 20 pounds or more overweight :(.

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 11:58 pm

Re: truth time! what is really wrong with you?

No matte how hard I try, I've always been 20 pounds or more overweight :(.

What have you tried? Is there anything in your diet that you haven't cut out? Or is it a family thing?

Written By: rich1981 on 07/23/05 at 2:11 am

What have you tried? Is there anything in your diet that you haven't cut out? Or is it a family thing?

Diet and exercise, I've tried a variety of routines such as long stretches of running/lifting weights/cycling and it seems that if I exercise 1 hour a day (5 times a week) I lose about 1/2 - 1 lb a week and even then this isn't consistent. I also eat lots of fruits and vegetables, I eat a healthy oatmeal cereal for breakfast, I bring a sandwich with (ham/mustard on wheat) to work for lunch and for dinner it varies but more often than anything its grilled chicken w/rice & beans. I cut fast food (about two years ago) and lowered by cholesterol from 252 down to 192 but other than that, my weight stays almost the same and right now I am at borderline obesity (by about 1-2 lbs). Maybe its genetics as my father used to be obese and his father was also, my mother was slim but her parents weren't. I haven't quite figured it out yet what has been impeding me lately.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 12:03 pm

I have no patience. At most i'll wait 5-10 minutes for something. After that i get bored of waiting and start doing something else instead. Happens when i'm waiting for replies on this board all the time. I tend to get bored and start going onto other sites

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/05 at 12:11 pm

I have no patience. At most i'll wait 5-10 minutes for something. After that i get bored of waiting and start doing something else instead. Happens when i'm waiting for replies on this board all the time. I tend to get bored and start going onto other sites

I get impatient too, DAK. Sometimes you just can't help it.  :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 12:13 pm

I get impatient too, DAK. Sometimes you just can't help it.  :)

True, but it annoys other people, and then I get annoyed because they're annoyed at me. Never mind, I suppose it just can't be helped  :)

Any suggestions how to stop swearing?!  :D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/05 at 12:41 pm

True, but it annoys other people, and then I get annoyed because they're annoyed at me. Never mind, I suppose it just can't be helped  :)

Yep! The knock-on effect is bound to happen.

Any suggestions how to stop swearing?!  :D ;D

Apart from cellotaping your mouth shut, I'm thinking about making a bet with someone that you won't swear for 'x' amount of days.  :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/23/05 at 1:04 pm

Yep! The knock-on effect is bound to happen.

Apart from cellotaping your mouth shut, I'm thinking about making a bet with someone that you won't swear for 'x' amount of days.  :)

Dak - 'so i bet i cant fuc*in swear for three days!'
Dak's mate - 'You swore!'
Dak - 'Oh fuc*in cun*, shi* Bolloc*s ars*ole!'

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/05 at 1:05 pm

Ha ha! It might be the shortest bet ever but if DAK wants to keep hold of his money, it might be wise for him to get the bar of soap out everytime he swears. Nothing like a bit of motivation.  ;) ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 3:05 pm

An unbelievably accurate impression of me, there Alcoholica! I would probably end up swearing, then saying "oh sh*t, I swore", then going "oh sh*t, i've swore again", then "sh*t i've done it again" and this would probably continue until I said "oh f*k it" and gave up!  :D

Ha ha! It might be the shortest bet ever but if DAK wants to keep hold of his money, it might be wise for him to get the bar of soap out everytime he swears. Nothing like a bit of motivation. ;) ;D

Soap? hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :P

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/05 at 3:06 pm

An unbelievably accurate impression of me, there Alcoholica! I would probably end up swearing, then saying "oh sh*t, I swore", then going "oh sh*t, i've swore again", then "sh*t i've done it again" and this would probably continue until I said "oh f*k it" and gave up!  :D

I spent a whole five minutes doing that once . . . and then I got bored.  ;D

Soap? hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :P

No positive reaction on the soap then?  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 3:08 pm

I spent a whole five minutes doing that once . . . and then I got bored.  ;D

No positive reaction on the soap then?  ;D

I'm gonna see how long I can go without mentioning any swear words, and that includes in real life when talking to other people. But no encouraging it, mind you!  >:( :D

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 4:48 pm

I just can't get sex off my mind. :(

Written By: Paul on 07/23/05 at 5:49 pm

I just can't get sex off my mind. :(

Same problem here, minus the last three words...!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/05 at 6:18 pm

Same problem here, minus the last three words...!!
http://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/rofl.gif

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 6:21 pm

I'm gonna see how long I can go without mentioning any swear words, and that includes in real life when talking to other people. But no encouraging it, mind you!  >:( :D

Oh f*kin fantastic, the no swearing period has just ended abruptly. I just nearly spilled a drink over the keyboard, and in doing so uttered the word "Sh*t". Never mind, I lasted a whole 3 hours and 15 minutes, that's the longest i've ever held out since I was about 14!  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/23/05 at 6:26 pm

Oh f*kin fantastic, the no swearing period has just ended abruptly. I just nearly spilled a drink over the keyboard, and in doing so uttered the word "Sh*t". Never mind, I lasted a whole 3 hours and 15 minutes, that's the longest i've ever held out since I was about 14!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/05 at 6:45 pm

I tend to alienate people who used to have deep feelings for me...lots of other stuff too :D :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 07/24/05 at 11:47 pm

There are periods in which I can be somewhat superficial.. it's not too noticeable, I do a good job of keeping it inside, but I can be shallow in up to two-week intervals. It's weird.

I understand that... Although I try not to do shallow things, I often think shallow thoughts.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/25/05 at 12:00 am

Well, lessee... I have a sick sense of humor.. I find people's misfortunes humorous... (not serious misfortunes, though)

When someone hurts me I tend to think nasty, vengeful thoughts

I tend to keep my feelings bottled up inside and then some stupid thing will set me off and I just lose it

I tend to put on an act like I'm happy all the time because I worry that people won't want to be around me if I seem depressed

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 12:03 am

I hate when I pour my heart out only to have my post ignored :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 07/25/05 at 12:11 am

Yeah, I can imagine how that feels, Mark...

I tend not to pour my heart out too much, even though I am tempted sometimes... but I am always afraid someone I know will happen upon this board, and with my first name all over the place, pictures I posted, and many telling things about me, I'm not very anonymous.  So I tend to be cautious with what I post.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 6:31 pm

I get stepped on like a doormat :(

Written By: Ripp on 07/27/05 at 6:39 am

where to start?

I'm actually really really shy. But thats at school, because when I get home, if there's a friend round, I become really really hyper. I also bottle things up, and get annoyed - extremely annoyed - at stupid things. It's just annoying that at school, I hide away and then people start picking on me because of it. I try and stand up for myself but it just doesn't seem to work. There's a lot more that I can't put into words. Because my real life is so annoying, I escape in roleplay and forums.

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/05 at 7:11 am

where to start?

I'm actually really really shy. But thats at school, because when I get home, if there's a friend round, I become really really hyper. I also bottle things up, and get annoyed - extremely annoyed - at stupid things. It's just annoying that at school, I hide away and then people start picking on me because of it. I try and stand up for myself but it just doesn't seem to work. There's a lot more that I can't put into words. Because my real life is so annoying, I escape in roleplay and forums.

Ah! I was shy like you when I was at school. What I would do if I were you is pretend that every person at school you meet is a potential friend.

It's such a shame that a person so young should be annoyed with so much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/05 at 1:38 pm

Guns & Roses did that on (I think) the American Music Award show a long, long time ago (if memory serves 1990 ?)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/27/05 at 6:45 pm

I have trouble explaining myself sometimes.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/28/05 at 4:43 am

Everything.

I'll scale it down to 10 things later.  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/05 at 6:18 am

My attention span is nil.  I forget everything I was going to do, or had to do.  the upside is I handle
stress pretty well, because I never remember what it is I should be stressed about  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/28/05 at 6:29 am

I'm trying to keep myself in an uplifting mood, but anyway:

- I can't, for the life of me be "told what to do" either write it down or I'll end up making a mistake.
- I have the attention span of a fly.
- I'm lazy and cannot motivate myself somedays (while others I'm perfectly fine)
- I'm incredibly shy and anti-social
- I cannot learn by writing, reading or listening to instructions. I have to fiddle with something in order to learn about it.  ::)
- I have an unhealthy obsession with pointless computer games with no real outcome or stategy. (Simcity, The Sims etc)
- I've forgotton why I'm writing all this down already (see number 2)  ::)

Written By: TC1970 on 07/28/05 at 6:49 am

- I'm lazy and cannot motivate myself somedays (while others I'm perfectly fine)
-

That's me too. Somedays I would rather sit on the couch all day and watch movies.

I have ugly fingers and my second toe on both feet is longer then my big toe.  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/28/05 at 6:50 am

- I can't, for the life of me be "told what to do" either write it down or I'll end up making a mistake.
- I cannot learn by writing, reading or listening to instructions. I have to fiddle with something in order to learn about it.  ::)
- I have an unhealthy obsession with pointless computer games with no real outcome or stategy. (Simcity, The Sims etc)

ditto

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/05 at 7:08 am

Odd, someone should do a study because you have just posted the traits of 99.9 percent of the
boarders here. 

Written By: karen on 07/28/05 at 7:14 am

my second toe on both feet is longer then my big toe.  ;D

that's not a devect it's perfectly normal.  It's an inherited trait in my family.  My daughter has it, I do, my mum does, my grandma did and my great grandma did.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/05 at 10:57 am

my second toe on both feet is longer then my big toe.  ;D

Same here.

Cat

Written By: whitewolf on 07/28/05 at 11:47 am

I hold stuff in till I feel like I am losing my mind.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/05 at 3:56 pm

I get upset sometimes over silly situations.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/05 at 6:38 pm

that's not a devect it's perfectly normal.  It's an inherited trait in my family.  My daughter has it, I do, my mum does, my grandma did and my great grandma did.

Me too.  I heard a tale that it denoted egyptian blood.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/05 at 10:09 am

Me too.  I heard a tale that it denoted egyptian blood.

That's interesting. I do have that Mediterranean look about me (my Jewish heritage) and I have been compared to Cleopatra one time.  :D  So, you could be right.

Cat

Written By: goodsin on 07/29/05 at 10:41 am

I have a problem with people telling me what to do. I've no problem with being asked to do something, but if I'm told to do it, I react badly. This is only in social situations- obviously at work I'm frequently told what to do & have to adhere to it with a smile, but very few of my friends or family would be brave enough to try to order me around; my last ex-girlfriend tried it a few times, hence her current "ex" status!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/29/05 at 10:42 am

I have a problem with people telling me what to do. I've no problem with being asked to do something, but if I'm told to do it, I react badly. This is only in social situations- obviously at work I'm frequently told what to do & have to adhere to it with a smile, but very few of my friends or family would be brave enough to try to order me around; my last ex-girlfriend tried it a few times, hence her current "ex" status!

People where I work have a problem with me even asking them to do something because of my age. They always say i'm bossy, even if all i've done is read out the jobs list...

Written By: goodsin on 07/29/05 at 10:54 am

DAK, your sig line has reminded me of another current fault I have- every night after work I blast out "Employment" by the Kaiser Chiefs at full volume- it's a great stress reliever for me, but I know it annoys my next-door neighbour. I'm sometimes guilty of playing hardcore music as loud as possible to irritate other people in my house/ street, but only if they have peed me off first...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/29/05 at 11:01 am

DAK, your sig line has reminded me of another current fault I have- every night after work I blast out "Employment" by the Kaiser Chiefs at full volume- it's a great stress reliever for me, but I know it annoys my next-door neighbour. I'm sometimes guilty of playing hardcore music as loud as possible to irritate other people in my house/ street, but only if they have peed me off first...

I usually listen to it before work - when I come back from work it's usually about 11:30, so it's a tad late to be blasting out "I Predict A Riot"!  ;D
Sometimes when my mam's gone out for the night and i'm on my own i'll listen to my music, but not full blast, i'm not into loud music anyway  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/29/05 at 3:53 pm

I am shy sometimes with most people

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/29/05 at 7:52 pm

Thats it! I need to get my sweaty hands on that album. Don't care how much it costs... I just need to have it!

What's wrong with me? I sleep too much (avg. 9-10 hrs per night). Which in turn makes me about as tired as a 5 hour sleep would.  :-\\

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/29/05 at 7:55 pm

Thats it! I need to get my sweaty hands on that album. Don't care how much it costs... I just need to have it!

What's wrong with me? I sleep too much (avg. 9-10 hrs per night). Which in turn makes me about as tired as a 5 hour sleep would.  :-\\

I usually go to bed about 2am and wake up between 11 and 12am, so I get plenty of sleep... yet I remain constantly tired...  ???

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/29/05 at 7:59 pm

I usually go to bed about 2am and wake up between 11 and 12am, so I get plenty of sleep... yet I remain constantly tired...  ???
Theres this weird thing about sleep, if you get too little, you wake up tired, you get too much, you wake up tired.  ???

I think unless you train yourself to get the exact amount of sleep each night (preferrably at the same times also) you will always wake up tired.  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 07/29/05 at 8:00 pm

I understand you entirely, goodsin. I also understand your 'ex' status thing too.  ;) ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/29/05 at 8:04 pm

Theres this weird thing about sleep, if you get too little, you wake up tired, you get too much, you wake up tired.  ???

I think unless you train yourself to get the exact amount of sleep each night (preferrably at the same times also) you will always wake up tired.  :-\\

like 730am for about 4 or five hours..works like a charm  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/05 at 8:07 pm

I have a headache and it makes me grouchy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/29/05 at 10:32 pm

I lose my temper very easily, and I get annoyed by people very easily, as well.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/05 at 1:44 pm

I jump the gun and I assume way too much. :(

Written By: gemini on 07/30/05 at 7:12 pm

Impulsive, spontaneous. . . . . yea that's me!  :D

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/05 at 7:14 pm

Would you believe I am very capable of saying the wrong things at the wrong time?  ;D

Unfortunately so, my mouth often gets into gear before my mind does.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/30/05 at 9:34 pm

apparantly (according to certain individuals)....I am mean and I say mean things.....hmmm...I guess I am a mean person....hmmmmpf.

Erin

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/30/05 at 11:25 pm

apparantly (according to certain individuals)....I am mean and I say mean things.....hmmm...I guess I am a mean person....hmmmmp

I'm still recovering from the last head wound you inflicted on me.. 6 inch nails are not play things!!

Would you believe I am very capable of saying the wrong things at the wrong time? ;D

Unfortunately so, my mouth often gets into gear before my mind does. ;)

That's why our relationship will never get off the ground..i'm the same way... the whole Buggery thing stops any sort of relationship as well really.. ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/30/05 at 11:27 pm

apparantly (according to certain individuals)....I am mean and I say mean things.....hmmm...I guess I am a mean person....hmmmmpf.

Erin

You? Mean? I think not.

Tell the person who said this, that I want a word with him...

~Beth

Written By: gemini on 07/31/05 at 4:51 am

Would you believe I am very capable of saying the wrong things at the wrong time?  ;D

Unfortunately so, my mouth often gets into gear before my mind does.  ;)

Nah, you? Your kidding!  ;)  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/05 at 4:57 am

That's why our relationship will never get off the ground..i'm the same way... the whole Buggery thing stops any sort of relationship as well really.. ::)

I think our collective verbal faux pas'ing would get on each other's nerves, mate. It could result in a relationship of unrest - and of course, the idea of sodomy does put a dampener on things too.  ;) ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/05 at 5:00 am

Nah, you? Your kidding!  ;)   ;D

Unfortunately so.  ;D

It usually results in a laugh at my expense than anything else.  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/27/05 at 1:11 pm

Whenever I feel comfortable with someone,I wind up talking way too much about my life and myself.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/27/05 at 1:13 pm

Whenever I feel comfortable with someone,I wind up talking way too much about my life and myself.

I find myself doing that sometimes too, Howard.  I have let myself get close to people rather quickly in the past, only to end up getting hurt in the end. I guess you learn from your mistakes.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/05 at 1:57 pm

I find myself doing that sometimes too, Howard.  I have let myself get close to people rather quickly in the past, only to end up getting hurt in the end. I guess you learn from your mistakes.

I should learn from my mistakes.Now Robin's parents want to help me in the job situation so they can feel better themselves.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/05 at 2:24 pm

I kind of feel shy around beautiful girls sometimes.

Written By: Bobby on 09/16/05 at 2:33 pm

I kind of feel shy around beautiful girls sometimes.

I know what you mean.  :)

Feeling insecure around beautiful women is something I have been prone to do in the past but realise it's useless feeling that way. 

Written By: Howard on 09/16/05 at 2:34 pm

I know what you mean.  :)

Feeling insecure around beautiful women is something I have been prone to do in the past but realise it's useless feeling that way. 

Maybe I don't even know what to say first,that could be it.

Written By: Bobby on 09/16/05 at 2:35 pm

Maybe I don't even know what to say first,that could be it.

It is very difficult to be yourself in front of a beautiful woman.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/16/05 at 3:01 pm

It is very difficult to be yourself in front of a beautiful woman.  :)

Were you always shy Bob?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/16/05 at 3:27 pm

I don't do good in social situations. It surprises me just how anti-social I can be. Sometimes being around people is a dreaded chore. I need to get over that. I also don't enjoy doing things normal teenagers enjoy doing. However, i'm okay with that, really.

Beth

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/05 at 3:32 pm

Interacting with people is something I was never good at either.  I've been lucky enough that all the jobs I've had have been in offices where I only have to interact with my co-workers.  That I can do

Written By: jackas on 09/16/05 at 5:56 pm

I don't do good in social situations. It surprises me just how anti-social I can be. Sometimes being around people is a dreaded chore. I need to get over that. I also don't enjoy doing things normal teenagers enjoy doing. However, i'm okay with that, really.

Beth

Maybe you're introverted. 

I'm the same way and I'm introverted.  It's exausting being around a group of people that I don't know that well.  After being around people for too long I just want to go home and stare into space for an hour or so. ;D  Oh, and I HATE small talk. 

Written By: YWN on 09/16/05 at 6:49 pm

Question:  What is wrong with me?

Answer:  Everything, except that I don't exaggerate.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/16/05 at 6:51 pm

Question:  What is wrong with me?

Answer:  Everything, except that I don't exaggerate.

That's sad, actually

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/16/05 at 7:45 pm

A couple of hours ago I would've written an entire paragraph, But after speaking to my mom and a handful of good friends....I have nothing to say. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/17/05 at 8:12 am

I don't even know what I say sometimes when it comes out of my mouth :(

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/17/05 at 8:44 am

Maybe you're introverted. 

I'm the same way and I'm introverted.   It's exausting being around a group of people that I don't know that well.  After being around people for too long I just want to go home and stare into space for an hour or so. ;D  Oh, and I HATE small talk. 

Sounds like me all the way!

Written By: Apricot on 09/17/05 at 8:49 am

Yeah, it's not so bad.

Another problem of mine: I'm a bit too melancholy all the time.. people think I'm pissed off or depressed, when, in fact, I'm usually at my normal state when they ask. And then, apparently, I don't project my actual feelings well at all, cause no one gets it when I'm actually upset.

Written By: TC1970 on 09/22/05 at 7:05 am

Beth

I am the same.  Odd that I work with the public. I think for me, I have to be overly friendly and see so many  people that I tend to want to hide when not at work. :) 

There is nothing wrong with how you are Beth, it makes you unique. So you are not very social..why conform to "fit it"? ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/22/05 at 3:46 pm

I have trouble absorbing information that later on I can't even remember what that person had said. :(

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/22/05 at 3:55 pm

DITTO!!!!  Especially people that the person you're with knows but you don't.  We have to go to a party for one of hubby's ex-coworkers next Saturday and I'm DREADING it.  Talk will inevitably turn to work and they'll start talking about people I don't know.....what makes it even WORSE is that most of the wives used to work for the same company :-\\

Talk to yourself

Written By: Howard on 09/23/05 at 3:46 pm

I eat way too much then I regret it later on.

Check for new replies or respond here...