inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What radio stations do you listen to?

Written By: Stompgal on 10/23/04 at 10:27 am

Red Dragon FM
Capital Disney
BBC Radio 1
Sometimes BBC Radio 2
Sometimes BBC Radio 4 if just A Minute and Dead Ringers are on
Vibe 101
Real Radio
Heart Digital
Smash Hits Radio
Q Radio

Subject: Re: What radio stations do you listen to?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/04 at 10:37 am

Oldies stations
Classic rock stations
NPR stations.

Cat

Written By: Bobo on 10/23/04 at 11:16 am

Hi there Stompgal. :)

My local radio stations are Classic Gold 1017 and Beacon FM 103.1, though at the moment I'm tending to concentrate more on 88.9 Radio 2 and 100.7 Heart FM, as these are the two I'm travelling to college with.

Good stuff, eitherway, though Heart's playlist is really tending to go crazy on just three songs at the moment, "Hey Ya" by Outkast, and "These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield and "Real To Me" by Brian (or is it Bryan these days?) McFadden.

I tried listening to stuff on the internet, too, but I don't think that's going so well on my player at the moment, sadly.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 10/23/04 at 11:23 am

106.9 (All 80's)  :D

104.1  (Top 40)

Mix 96.5  (80's, 90's and today)

Sunny 99.1  (Mostly slow stuff like Michael Bolton, Phil Collins, Richard Marx, Celine Dion, etc....)

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/23/04 at 3:12 pm

Q104.3 (classic rock station that has features like "Out of the box": which plays underground music as well as new music from some more modern artists, "Friday Night rocks" which is some obscure metal stuff, and "Little Steven's Underground garage", which as it says in its name is Steven Van Zandt (of Sopranos and E street band fame) playing some of new and old in the genres of garage rock, punk, blues, doo-wop, motown, soul, Phil Spector girl groups, blues-rock, etc...they used to also have the Scott Muni show (prior to his death) which played alot of obscure classic rock tracks)

K-Rock (Mostly modern rock, which recently has played alot of indie stuff...they also have a whole mess of shows that play many underground artists, old artists, classic rock stuff, college radio stuff, indie stuff, British stuff and Howard Stern)

WCBS 101.1 (oldies station mostly....they play some crap, but they also play alot of good stuff from doo-wop to the early 90s)

most of my other music comes from CDs and stuff...there really is not station I listen to for blues or jazz or things..those are my own CDs

Written By: Howard on 10/23/04 at 5:52 pm

WCBS FM
WKTU
WBLS
WRKS

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/24/04 at 2:44 am

80s stations
Classic rock stations
Jazz stations
Soft rock music
Sometimes some top 40 stations

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/24/04 at 9:31 am

oldies
new rock
classic rock
punk
rap(old and new)

Howard

Written By: nally on 10/30/04 at 12:26 pm

I mostly listen to stations that play pop and rock music from the past 25 years (80s/90s/2000s). Sometimes I like listen to oldies and classic rock stations as well. :)

Written By: AL-B on 10/30/04 at 12:59 pm

There's a really cool classic rock station (Power 97.7) that's about 40 miles away from here. Normally I hate classic rock stations because they always play the same songs over and over that I was sick of hearing 10 years ago, but this one plays a lot of B-sides and a lot of bands that are no longer well-known but are still great (Uriah Heep, for example). I've been hearing a lot of music that I haven't heard since I was a little kid. :)
    Also I bought an XM satellite radio for my job. I really like the punk station (Fungus 53) but I also go to the oldies channels and especially the uncensored comedy channel. Although now I wish I would've bought a Sirius, since they broadcast a lot more college football games (including my beloved Cornhuskers) and ESPECIALLY since they announced that Howard Stern is going to be on there in 2 years...I might just go ahead and buy one then.

Written By: Stompgal on 11/01/04 at 8:13 am

I listen to radio stations on the Internet sometimes like Smash Hits, Q, capital Disney and Star Radio. You can listen to them on the following websites:

www.capitaldisney.co.uk
www.star-radio.net
www.smashhits.net
www.q4music.com

Written By: karen on 11/01/04 at 12:03 pm

I mainly listen to a local station Oak 107 FM which plays lots of good 80's stuff and has played my requests more than once.

I sometimes listen to 106 Century FM which also plays some good stuff, Radio 2 in the week, Radio 5 and very occasionally Radio 4.

Written By: Davester on 11/01/04 at 3:34 pm

Usually one of two stations...

107.7 The Bone - Classic Rock that Rocks!
                      San Francisco

or

Alice @ 97.3 - Modern Rock...
                      San Francisco

Written By: KimberIndy on 11/02/04 at 2:14 am

92.3 WTTS and my local NPR station. On the web, I listen to CD 101 from Columbus OH and the BBC.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/19 at 2:04 pm

I don't really listen to too much radio anymore except for just one station WCBS FM 101.1 and that's in the morning hours.

Written By: nally on 06/03/19 at 5:07 pm

I don't really listen to too much radio anymore except for just one station WCBS FM 101.1 and that's in the morning hours.

I haven't listened to much radio either lately, since there aren't many decent stations around these days. Except maybe the classical station. I find that one to be relaxing; it helps me clear my mind.

If I had remembered this thread at all between 2008 and 2017, I would have mentioned 100.3 The Sound, since it was a great station that primarily played classic rock and had really great djs. The station went off the air a year and a half ago, in November 2017, but a Facebook group was created for fans of the station, to help the station's legacy live on.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/19 at 9:09 am

And my used to be favorite radio station went off the air just a few days ago and turned into a Christian rock radio station called K-Love.

Written By: karen on 06/04/19 at 11:24 am

Check out Absolute Radio - they are available online.  They have several different stations - Absolute 80s/90s/Rock. Music to suit all tastes.

At the weekend I was also listening to CandoFM 106.3.  They're a really local radio station based in the town in Cumbria where Dai lives. Decent mix of music

Written By: Howard on 06/04/19 at 3:00 pm

Check out Absolute Radio - they are available online.  They have several different stations - Absolute 80s/90s/Rock. Music to suit all tastes.

At the weekend I was also listening to CandoFM 106.3.  They're a really local radio station based in the town in Cumbria where Dai lives. Decent mix of music

Karen, they want me to enter a postcode but I don't know mine, What are they? ???

Written By: nally on 06/04/19 at 5:31 pm

And my used to be favorite radio station went off the air just a few days ago and turned into a Christian rock radio station called K-Love.

That's exactly what 100.3 The Sound did! And it was a planned adjustment.

Written By: karen on 06/05/19 at 1:45 am

Karen, they want me to enter a postcode but I don't know mine, What are they? ???

Post code is the same idea as your Zip Code.  I don't listen on-line so I don't know why this matters.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/19 at 3:09 pm

Post code is the same idea as your Zip Code.  I don't listen on-line so I don't know why this matters.

I tried typing in my post code, nothing happened.

Written By: 2001 on 06/05/19 at 5:07 pm

I don't listen to the radio. What year is it? 2004??

Written By: Howard on 06/06/19 at 3:30 pm

I don't listen to the radio. What year is it? 2004??

It is 2019.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/06/19 at 3:37 pm

I only listen to the radio in the car.

Lite Rock 105 FM(Today's hits, and yesterday's favorites)
92 Pro FM(Today's hits)

Written By: MyAdidas on 06/07/19 at 9:31 pm

NPR and Pittsburgh jazz station. News and music.

Written By: nally on 11/07/19 at 5:24 pm

Earlier this year a new classic hits station went on the air in my area, KRUZ. This call sign had been on 103.3 FM prior to spring 2005, as a contemporary pop station (before it flipped to a different format), but 14 years later it came back to this frequency as a classic hits format. Of course I found out about it three months after the fact. Now it's on one of my presets buttons!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/27/19 at 8:41 pm

Mostly 96.1 KISS-FM (Northern CO/Ft .Collins area). All the big Top 40 pop hits. I usually listen to the radio in general mostly on Saturdays, which is when KISS does Most Requested Live.

Other stations I've listened to:

99.5 The Mountain. Classic rock. The playlist has expanded some in the 13 years between out-of-state moves and the subsequent two years.

97.3 KBCO-FM. World Class Rock. Pretty much any decade of rock. Very eclectic.

105.1 KOOL 105 FM. Oldies/Adult hits. Mostly 80s nowadays. One of the newest songs I've ever heard them play was The Macarena. I think they also once played another Latin pop tune, possibly "Bailamos" or "Livin' La Vida Loca."

107.3 B-107.3 FM. Everything 90s.

88.1 KVOD-FM Coloradio Public Radio. Classical.

I've occasionally listened to MIX-100 (100.3 FM. Variety.) and KOSI 101(.1 FM. Soft rock/adult contemporary). We have another pop station HQ'd in Denver that's right next to KISS on the dial.

On one occasion, I listened to NPR on 91.5 KUNC-FM, but this was mostly to set my local NPR station on their home page.

I think I found a jazz station once.

But I mostly listen to KISS-FM.

Written By: Ripley on 03/05/20 at 7:00 pm

I only listen to FM radio in the car now. It’s unfortunate how radio has changed. Sadly stations play mostly stuff that’s no good. And, at least in my area, several great djs, who had been on air for decades, have gotten laid off.

The main station we had listened to was Bob FM, which is national (also in Canada) and has different station frequencies across the country. However, that as well as a few other stations here were taken off the air. Early last year they were being sold to a big company from another. But this big court thing happened. So the deal is off. But now, because they owe another company money, their doors have been locked and the stations are off the air. “Bob plays everything” is the slogan. We like how the focus wasn’t entirely on current music, like most other stations. A lot of 80’s and 90’s! Now, it depends on the song which station we play.

If I listen at home it’s internet radio. Different ones but all playing 90’s and early 2000’s mostly.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/05/20 at 7:47 pm

Most often Lite 96.3 during the weekend when they change the format to “mixtape weekend” and play all retro stuff and a complete replay of a Casey’s top 40 on Saturday nights.  Another one for retro stuff is the Fox FM. 95.3 I think.

My favorite station was 92.9 the breeze which played jazzy adult contemporary yacht rock stuff. That was maybe 2003 to 2005. Never been another station here like it.

Written By: nally on 03/06/20 at 12:25 am

I only listen to FM radio in the car now. It’s unfortunate how radio has changed. Sadly stations play mostly stuff that’s no good. And, at least in my area, several great djs, who had been on air for decades, have gotten laid off.

...which is sad.

The main station we had listened to was Bob FM, which is national (also in Canada) and has different station frequencies across the country. However, that as well as a few other stations here were taken off the air. Early last year they were being sold to a big company from another. But this big court thing happened. So the deal is off. But now, because they owe another company money, their doors have been locked and the stations are off the air. “Bob plays everything” is the slogan. We like how the focus wasn’t entirely on current music, like most other stations. A lot of 80’s and 90’s! Now, it depends on the song which station we play.

Sounds a lot like "Jack" FM in some cases. There aren't any "Bob" stations local to me; those in California are mostly in the northern half of the state.

If I listen at home it’s internet radio. Different ones but all playing 90’s and early 2000’s mostly.

That's good. O0

Written By: Howard on 03/06/20 at 7:49 am

Sadly, I really don't listen to the radio that much anymore, If I do it's only WCBS-FM when I get dressed in the morning other than that I have online radio.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/09/20 at 8:18 am

On rare occasions (I live in the Philly area):

Power 99 (urban contemporary)
97.5 The Fanatic (sports)
Radio 104.5 (alternative rock)
98.1 WOGL (classic hits from 70 to early 90s)
Q102 Philly (top 40)
96.5 TDY (top 40)
94.5 PST (top 40)

Written By: nally on 03/09/20 at 6:23 pm

There is one non-music station that I like to listen to regularly, KVTA, a news-talk station in my area on the AM dial. It gives local news and traffic reports, which I find helpful as I'm commuting to and from work.

Check for new replies or respond here...